Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭KildareP

Data gone again.

This is a poundshop network.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I was in Belfast last week and had no bother connecting to 02 UK. Speeds were better than down south too in fairness.

No bother connecting to 02 UK either H+ my point is there is no 4G access.

H+ VS 4G down south, I'm afraid there is no comparison 4G *wins hands down.

*depending on location to mast etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I used the app to order recruiter sims 11 days ago. Still haven’t arrived and I’m starting to wonder. I didn’t get an email confirmation of that order like with the original sim and there’s no reference to a pending order in the app. Has anyone else ordered recruiter sims and should I have confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jarvis wrote: »
    I used the app to order recruiter sims 11 days ago. Still haven’t arrived and I’m starting to wonder. I didn’t get an email confirmation of that order like with the original sim and there’s no reference to a pending order in the app. Has anyone else ordered recruiter sims and should I have confirmation?

Mine took about a week. Didn't get any email about confirmation or dispatch. They just arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone thinking of switching from GoMo's 9.99 plan...don't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

DopeTech wrote: »
    Mine took about a week. Didn't get any email about confirmation or dispatch. They just arrived.

Thanks. Was considering ordering more just in case but I’ll hang on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭agfasfos

Quick question folks. My OH got a SIM, activated it & opted for a new number to check call quality etc, all good. She now wants to port her original Vodafone number over to 48, cant figure out how to do it, any help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

agfasfos wrote: »
    Quick question folks. My OH got a SIM, activated it & opted for a new number to check call quality etc, all good. She now wants to port her original Vodafone number over to 48, cant figure out how to do it, any help much appreciated.

I don't think that is possible.

AllForIt wrote: »

You can. It's in your My48 -> Settings -> Move my number

AllForIt wrote: »

Cheers, looks like that's a wasted SIM.

• Advertisement

Cheers, looks like that's a wasted SIM.

It is possible...check my post above

Pacifico wrote: »
    You can. It's in your My48 -> Settings -> Move my number

Thanks Pacifico, just tried that & waiting for porting to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

You can do it through the App in settings or log in to the app or website and click on the chat button.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

My dad is on the 10 euro eir payg plan for unlimited talk. They sent him a text yesterday to say that that plan is going from 28 days to 14 days.

Dad doesn't text or use data.

I will swap him over to three or gomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

My dad is on the 10 euro eir payg plan for unlimited talk. They sent him a text yesterday to say that that plan is going from 28 days to 14 days.

Dad doesn't text or use data.

I will swap him over to three or gomo.

Why not 48? Especially since he doesn't need data which is the main problem some are having.

Three and 48 should be same coverage for calls.

Gomo call quality might be better so if he's used to that with Eir then that might be a safer option.

DopeTech wrote: »
    After what I thought was a good move from gomo to 48 I've had a few issues over the weekend and will have to move back to gomo if they are not sorted.

First it looks like I have routing issues calling some numbers on other networks(not all). Some I call I just hear a number not in use tone. Hopefully they are competent enough to fix this.

The second problem was signal. While out and about at the weekend I noticed in places data speeds were unusable while others were fine. This issue doesn't seem to be totally 48's fault as I checked 3's data in the same places and that's also brutal. They seem to have blackspots in places I didn't expect like wide open spaces in a major town.

Anybody else have these routing issues? I know it can happen when porting into any network, I just hope 48 know how to fix it.

If all else fails its back to Gomo. As much as I hate Eir, gomo seemed ok once I didn't need their support.

Got the routing issues sorted. Able to make calls to all networks now at least. Jury is still out on coverage.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Anyone know what the story is buying memberships with credit? Do you have to wait for your current one to expire?

If I try to stack a membership now on top of my existing one, I can pay with my card but it won't allow me to pay with credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Anyone know what the story is buying memberships with credit? Do you have to wait for your current one to expire?

If I try to stack a membership now on top of my existing one, I can pay with my card but it won't allow me to pay with credit.

Is there any option in the 1740 (or 1749) call menu?

They used to have text codes for buying membership, very handy if no other internet connection available but they haven't published that option yet for the new plans.

They should also zero rate their own portal from a 48 SIM just like three do from a 3 SIM.

Quackster wrote: »

The only way to stack them from credit is by asking in chat and they will do it for you. Just done it there and they were happy to do it. Pity they removed the option to do it yourself but if you stack enough at least you won't need to ask them too often.

Then you can keep track of what's paid for under memberships.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭breeno

GoMo at 12.99 (while dearer) maybe sounds like it might be more reliable than 48? I wonder if they might reduce their offer again on the back of the 48 offer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

breeno wrote: »
    GoMo at 12.99 (while dearer) maybe sounds like it might be more reliable than 48? I wonder if they might reduce their offer again on the back of the 48 offer.

I left GoMo last week from their 9.99 plan.
    My wife still on it as I’m waiting on 48 sim to arrive.

Both of us at kitchen table. Both have iPhone 11 Pro. I have 3G signal, she has no bars. She misses calls, voicemails everyday. Same as I did. I’d get a message for a voicemail 3 days after it was left when with gomo.

For me, 48 is leaps and bounds above gomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Gumbo wrote: »
    I left GoMo last week from their 9.99 plan.
    My wife still on it as I’m waiting on 48 sim to arrive.

Both of us at kitchen table. Both have iPhone 11 Pro. I have 3G signal, she has no bars. She misses calls, voicemails everyday. Same as I did. I’d get a message for a voicemail 3 days after it was left when with gomo.

For me, 48 is leaps and bounds above gomo.

I find the same the gomo, I have missed calls even when I have bars. The call catcher texts come hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

TheDriver wrote: »
    I find the same the gomo, I have missed calls even when I have bars. The call catcher texts come hours later.

Yea I left Gomo for the same reason months ago. Also I stream alot in my car and the coverage is far superior on 48

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

tv3tg4 wrote: »

Good timing from Eir :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Good timing from Eir :rolleyes:.

It's still on their website, 28days, for 10euro unlimited calls only ,

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭cwboy

Reception better for me on 48 than Gomo. I used Comregs website to compare mobile networks which said 48 was stronger where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Just got my referral sims in the post (ordered Monday evening, so much quicker turnaround this time!). Couple of questions for anyone who has already been through the recruit process.

So if I have already ported to 48, but not yet bought a membership, do I buy the membership before porting the next person over to 48? And I assume as the sim was ordered using the recruit link, I don't need to do anything specific to acknowledge that the new person porting is a recruitee, as this specific sim is somehow marked on their system as a recruitee sim?

And if I port 2 kids over, will it stack the 2 free months for me? And will their free month each stack to be used after their first membership expires? Thanks

You don't get free months. You and the recruitee get free credit to the value of the membership that the recruitee purchases. You can then use this credit to buy memberships whenever you like, or use it on out-of-bundle usage instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Quackster wrote: »
    You don't get free months. You and the recruitee get free credit to the value of the membership that the recruitee purchases. You can then use this credit to buy memberships whenever you like, or use it on out-of-bundle usage instead.

Ah ok, even better. Thanks for clarifying. So if I recruit both kids, I'd have 15.98 added to my account? Like, I wouldn't need to spend the first 7.99 before I can get another 7.99? Thanks

• Advertisement

hdl wrote: »
    Ah ok, even better. Thanks for clarifying. So if I recruit both kids, I'd have 15.98 added to my account? Like, I wouldn't need to spend the first 7.99 before I can get another 7.99? Thanks
    Exactly!

On the other question, their terms say you have to have made a call, sent a text or used internet in the three months before your recruitee buys their first membership. So, on the face of it, it sounds like using the free 1GB would do that trick but I wouldn't bet my life on it!

Advertisement