Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

GoMo advertises the 12.99 plan as being that price for life, I can't see any similar condition on the 48 site or am I just missing it? No point switching if it's going to end up more expensive.

Taken directly from their T&C's

26. Sept/Oct 2020- €7.99 Membership Terms and Conditions

100GB Membership

This 100GB membership is only available to new 48 customers who activate their 48 SIM (by inputting activation code found on your sim packaging via the link activate and purchase a 100GB membership between the 8th September 2020 and the 10th November 2020(Offer Period”). If your first 100GB membership purchase is during the Offer Period, you can continue to purchase this 100GB membership until such time as you leave the 48 service. However if you switch to another 48 membership you will not be permitted to switch back to the 100GB membership

• Subscribers Posts: 41,121 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Gumbo wrote: »
    Did you order a SIM card?

yep, delivered, activated and already in my phone....

48months.ie has taken €0.01 from my bank account, so i assume its holding for something???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Answers in bold
    cormie wrote: »
    Hey folks, for the €7.99 deal, is it possible to sign up with direct debit or have the funds taken automatically, or do you have to set a reminder or top up in some way, thus requiring extra work each month than say Gomo where you just get a bill each month and the amount taken from your bank a few days later? Possible to set up a card to auto renew

Also, are bills provided? Is the VAT displayed on the bills?doubt it, as it's not bill pay

Given that it's a subsidiary of 3, is it possible to go into a 3 store to resolive any issues, or would that just be for service direct with 3?No, a three shop will do nothing for you.

So €7.99 for life sounds good and even better if any of the above are the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks :) Might just stick with Gomo, I'm on the €10 plan and it's been fine for me so far with bill with VAT and everything :)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ten Pin wrote: »
    You'll need to use a different login or else ask 48 to delete your old account.
    I just signed into my old 48 account and changed the email there to another one. Then I was able to create a new 48 account using the email I had previously used on my old account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

rizzee wrote: »
    Could I use one of those sims to port back over to get this deal when my monthly top up runs out next week? Or are there restrictions with previous customers
    This will work fine. The only issue is you'll loose out on the free month you'd get if you order a new SIM using somebody else's referral code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

How long after the dispatch email did the sim arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

christy c wrote: »
    How long after the dispatch email did the sim arrive?

Around 2 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

mac.in wrote: »
    Around 2 working days.

Still waiting after 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

beachhead wrote: »

Also still waiting after 7 days and had to get a customer care agent to order for me. The website kept giving me errors when I tried to order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

beachhead wrote: »

Once the order is placed, an email confirming the order is sent. Once the order is dispatched, the dispatch notice is sent by email. Sim arrived about 2 days after the dispatch notice. For my both sims, the events occurred as above.

If you have any issues, better you contact customer care. They might help you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 paddyuibh

Hey, so I've signed upto this new 48 offer for €7.99 month I like the idea that you can donate some of your data to foodcloud, save it or swap it. Im with gomo to but I've noticed there coverage is gone very bad in some areas where it use be good. Maybe to many people using the mast. Anyway I'm getting much faster speeds with 48 than I am with Gomo.

Is it good sticking with 48 or do they go sh$t after awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

sim arrived yesterday (got it for my eldest boy , he's 13)
    Speeds are pretty good and plenty of data to keep him going when we are out and about.
    I was with 48 myself years ago and never had an issue.
    Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Getting another family member to move from Tesco mobile. They have €40 credit, any ideas on how to waste it up? :) I know we have until November but afraid they will pull back from their deal by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭dubrov

Looks like the main downside in moving from GoMo is that you lose the option to make international calls/sms without having to make a further top-up.

Anyone know if the further top-up expires? I'd make about 4 international calls a year and would like to just make one top-up and leave it in the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kema

i presume you can stream Netflix/Prime from the 48 deal??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

dubrov wrote: »
    Looks like the main downside in moving from GoMo is that you lose the option to make international calls/sms without having to make a further top-up.

What about the price difference though? Is the 7.99 price with 48 fixed for life? Gomos original 9.99 per month is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭robwen

For existing 48 customers who want to avail of this offer what's the easiest network to move to so they can then move back to 48 to get on the 7.99 deal?

Squiggle wrote:
    What about the price difference though? Is the 7.99 price with 48 fixed for life? Gomos original 9.99 per month is.

If you scan back through a few pages you'll find a post that suggests the 48months deal is for life as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Getting another family member to move from Tesco mobile. They have €40 credit, any ideas on how to waste it up? :) I know we have until November but afraid they will pull back from their deal by then!

Tesco credit can only be used for add ons and/or out-of-plan services.

For existing 48 customers who want to avail of this offer what's the easiest network to move to so they can then move back to 48 to get on the 7.99 deal?

In theory, Lyca, as their SIMs are widely available. Not sure if there's any top up needed on a Lyca SIM to port in / out.

Eir send out SIMs for free but might also require a top up to port in / out.

Or else just use the new 48 number and wait until November and see if they extend the 7.99 plan to everyone...if they don't then port away and back to the new SIM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

dubrov wrote: »

Anyone know if the further top-up expires? I'd make about 4 international calls a year and would like to just make one top-up and leave it in the account.
    If you add money to your account, that does not expire, if you buy an add-on, i.e. extra data, land line minutes etc., that expires the following month I think.

august12 wrote:
    If you add money to your account, that does not expire, if you buy an add-on, i.e. extra data, land line minutes etc., that expires the following month I think.

Great thanks. Looks like the main difference would be an extra 2 euro a month in my pocket then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Could send the texts that donate to charity:

https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ordered on Sunday still no sign of sim being dispatched

Ordered on Sunday still no sign of sim being dispatched

I never got any email about dispatch, it just turned up 3 working days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

Anyone know if Nightline/Parcel Motel are delivering these for 48?

I ordered a SIM to my home address only to by charged by Parcel Motel to pick it up from my locker. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Anyone know if Nightline/Parcel Motel are delivering these for 48?

I ordered a SIM to my home address only to by charged by Parcel Motel to pick it up from my locker.

An post are delivering them.

Don't see how it could be linked to a parcel motel account as 48 wouldn't know if the recipient had an account with PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Can anyone comment on the 48.ie speeds around Dublin 5, 13, 17 area?

I'm currently with GoMo and getting speeds varying from 0.91 to 6-8mbps max which seems pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Anyone having issues getting verification code texts from your bank or Revolut on 48? PTSB won't work for me due to SIM card being changed (number ported) but apparently it will clear after 24 hours.

• Advertisement

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Anyone having issues getting verification code texts from your bank or Revolut on 48? PTSB won't work for me due to SIM card being changed (number ported) but apparently it will clear after 24 hours.

No issues with aib or revolut texts here.

Advertisement