Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mini Cooper SE (EV)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Confirmation that my SEAI grant was approved, and Starbug (the e-Up!) is going to a new home.
    Just the waiting game now on getting the car over and then the finances to go through :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

One step closer. I have to ask though, what's the name for the Mini to be?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Ionised wrote: »
    One step closer. I have to ask though, what's the name for the Mini to be?

Not decided yet, lot's of ideas mulling around, but no obvious answers yet. I'm expecting to get news that the car has been built next week. Everything else is in place for a quick delivery, must admit I'm impressed with how proactive the dealer is being, I remember when we bought the Ioniq and had to wait 10 days whilst the car was sitting at the dealers due to grant applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,843 ✭✭✭✭unkel

BMW (MINI) understand how good customer service works. Particularly Frank Keane (can't remember if you bought there or not)

Bet you can't wait to get it, will be a cracker of a car to drive. Well wear!

I've had mine a month now. Its way more fun than my Cupra to drive, it handles better than any front wheels drive car should do, and it is very efficient doing it.
    My only real gripes are that it can be a bit jiggly on the motorway and the infotainment is a tad clunky.

• Advertisement

Just got a call, should be able to pick up on Thursday. Am getting two bonnet stripes added to the car by the dealer.
    Definitely getting more excited :D

liamog wrote: »
    Just got a call, should be able to pick up on Thursday. Am getting two bonnet stripes added to the car by the dealer.
    Definitely getting more excited :D

Three more sleeps :D

I drove behind a 202 reg MINI Cooper S at the weekend and all I could think was lovely car, but why did he not go electric? Better performance, far lower running costs and depreciation (so far lower total cost of ownership), better for the planet, similar money. Unless of course he does very long distance driving all the time. But I'm confident the vast majority of MINIs don't.

Great news! We'll be expecting photos of course.
    Just as an FYI. The bimmercode app and suitable obd dongle works very well with the Mini SE. Allows a few changes the factory doesn't.
    I contacted the dev who said they expect to expand the support more as time goes on.

Wifey is somewhat resistant to me getting the bonnet stripes, she doesn't see the point. I pointed out that we wrapped the front of the Ioniq which seems to have shut her up :D

Just remind her that 6 different types of hair shampoo is also pointless but apparently required.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Just remind her that 6 different types of hair shampoo is also pointless but apparently required.

I wash with leftovers.

Enjoy I'm a mini fan. Should be a great drive

Car's home and is looking great! Not had a real chance to drive around, but have everything just about setup on the inside.

527341.jpg

That's class Liam, love the colour. Well wear & have fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭eagerv

Nice car behind it as well...:)

Best of luck..

That looks very classy indeed. Enjoy!
    I will be keen to hear your thoughts on it. Must say I am enjoying every moment in mine so far.

So far so good, the regen is taking a bit of getting used to, it's way more aggressive on it's lowest setting than how I used to drive the e-Up! or our Ioniq.
    The matrix headlights were great on the backroads to Lucan, the acceleration is noticeably better than either car, but wasn't blown away by it until I was overtaking a car in the auxiliary lane of the M50. It really outkicked the Ioniq when doing a punchy overtake from 90km/h.

I've coded the car to start in Sport Mode by default, my S10+ just doesn't fit in the wireless charger thanks to the spring clip so will need to see what I can do to resolve that, but I've already got a Brodit Proclip to hold my phone anyway.

the acceleration is noticeably better than either car, but wasn't blown away by it until I was overtaking a car in the auxiliary lane of the M50. It really outkicked the Ioniq when doing a punchy overtake from 90km/h.

Ioniq is very fast away from the lights (that's where its 295NM of torque are handy) if you have the traction but max power is very low so it is pretty much dead above 80km/h

MINI has only 270NM but has over 50% more power than Ioniq, that explains your swift overtake :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

So far so good

Well wear! Nice car.
    What do the rear light clusters look like though?

:pac:.

Kramer wrote: »
    Well wear! Nice car.
    What do the rear light clusters look like though?

:pac:.

I replaced them with UKIP Party Logos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I replaced them with UKIP Party Logos.

:D.

You just need another stripe now.................like so.....

6IVsLHP.jpg

:D.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote:
    I've coded the car to start in Sport Mode by default, my S10+ just doesn't fit in the wireless charger thanks to the spring clip so will need to see what I can do to resolve that, but I've already got a Brodit Proclip to hold my phone anyway.

I've coded mine to Green on startup.
    My OnePlus 8pro also doesn't fit in the charger. There is someone makes a 3d printed part that might fix that but I've managed to lose the link.

I've ordered some 3d printed replacements for the keyfob, the Mini fob is a little too bulky. I ordered mine in green to match the car, will take around 2 weeks to arrive.
    This what the replacement will look like

710x528_13826873_7187262_1486497336.jpg

I've done the same, except in fake carbon from Aliexpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Just watched a video review of it. 160km real world range, don’t think so.

I don't get the EV forum obsession with range and/or efficiency. What happened to just liking style, driving dynamics, performance?
    I'm not having a go at Boards in particular, it seems to be a common focus on most EV discussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I don't get the EV forum obsession with range and/or efficiency. What happened to just liking style, driving dynamics, performance?
    I'm not having a go at Boards in particular, it seems to be a common focus on most EV discussions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arj4e-vPJUQ&ab_channel=MotorSport%26DreamCars

There's been lots of focus on that.

I don't get the EV forum obsession with range and/or efficiency.

Not from me, I couldn't give a toss about efficiency and range is unimportant as long as you can fast charge quickly and conveniently the few times you do long distance travel

Fun and performance is where it's at for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The level 3 is an awesome car.

What finance deals do mini have?

Gael23 wrote: »
    What fiancé deals do mini have?

You'd have to ask him :p

• Advertisement

beauf wrote: »

I went into the dealer to buy a petrol Cooper S but the price, with any kind of options, was horrendous. I'd done research on the SE but didn't think it was going to be available when I needed it. They reassured me it would...and kept their word with a few days to spare.

It is more fun to drive than my Cupra 300. Any efficiency, tax or other savings is merely a bonus to me.

What happened to driving just for joy? (I blame the Nissan Quashqai personally).

Advertisement