Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Oh jesus they let Éamonn Ryan on newstalk.

Car crash stuff

Ah so he's up? Good man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Leo Varadkar has confirmed that the source of the outbreak has been traced back to Sinn Féin HQ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Fair play to Madigan putting pressure on the shambles Leo built.she's just not an expert on dodgy insurance claims.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1305920838340939777?s=19

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Fine Gaels rhetoric of looking after the man who gets up early in the morning looking like a load of waffle.

"An investigation by the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission has found that five insurance companies, an insurance industry trade association and an insurance broker allegedly engaged in anti-competitive co-operation.

This took place over a 21-month period during 2015 and 2016.

In its preliminary findings, the CCPC named the companies as AIG Europe, Allianz, AXA Insurance, Aviva Insurance, FBD Insurance, Brokers Ireland - formerly the Irish Brokers Association - and AA Ireland.

The alleged anti-competitive co-operation consisted of public announcements of future motor insurance premium rises as well as other contacts between competitors."

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1165780/

Oh Lord LV trying to steal Pearse Doherty's homework. Nothing suspicious on the timing.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1306620750355456001?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Yes, Pearse Doherty owns insurance reform.

Damned if you do.
    Damned if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yes, Pearse Doherty owns insurance reform.

Damned if you do.
    Damned if you don't.

Pearse got very angry and did that SF righteous indignation thing in a committee meeting. Therefore he’s the only TD allowed have anything to with insurance reform.

Shinner logic.

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1306651835835527170?s=19

Leo is some chancer. Do they not realise that what they say now is all over the Internet and they can't get away with lie after lie anymore

Pearse got very angry and did that SF righteous indignation thing in a committee meeting. Therefore he’s the only TD allowed have anything to with insurance reform.

Shinner logic.

Why did Leo block these insurance reform legislation for 2 years?

And continue to delay its sections for another year at the request of the insurance industry?

Like the Covid meat plants, will Varadkar not claim he never told Insurance companies to continue screwing people and think that's job done?

• Advertisement

It's like their claim on the marriage referendum and repeal the 8th last week. Forever jumping on the bandwagon at the last minute despite years of apathy our outright opposition. The Ministry of Truth have nothing on these lads.

Bowie wrote: »
    Like the Covid meat plants, will Varadkar not claim he never told Insurance companies to continue screwing people and think that's job done?

If people don’t question their renewal quote and just pay up, then they’re fools. Never, ever renew any insurance without first ringing to beat them down. They cannot be blamed for trying to make as much money as possible.

Shinner logic.

Sure FG TD's are into insurance claims. Reform is never not in the interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,157 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If people don’t question their renewal quote and just pay up, then they’re fools. Never, ever renew any insurance without first ringing to beat them down. They cannot be blamed for trying to make as much money as possible.

It's the people's fault again? Yawn.

Did you not read news of the report of anti-competitive collision in insurance companies released by the Consumer Protection Commission today?

"The alleged anti-competitive co-operation consisted of public announcements of future motor insurance premium rises as well as other contacts between competitors.

All of this reduced levels of competition between the parties".

How does ringing around work if insurance companies are all collaborating?

It's the people's fault again? Yawn.

Yes, if they’re stupid enough to just hand over their money without trying for a better deal!

But, but, wait.....da gubberment should do their thinking for them!

Actually when they are all rigging the game they can. Fixed pricing. Do you not even listen to the party line before you defend it? The gist currently is wring your hands agree and do nothing.
    FYI: we elect people to legislate and govern to look after our interests. TBF that's not what we get most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,157 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yes, if they’re stupid enough to just hand over their money without trying for a better deal!

Give us another greed is good quote there Maryanne...'they cannot be blamed for making as much money as they can', classic.

Give us another greed is good quote there Maryanne...'they cannot be blamed for making as much money as they can', classic.

#notanormalparty

Don’t tell me. You actually pay as per quote? Awks!

• Advertisement

Why is LV talking about reducing premiums if what you're saying is true?

Pease having a good pop. Lovely to see.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1306647654206787585?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    #notanormalparty

Why are you bringing Sinn Fein into a thread about Fine Gael?

Strange, if I did it, you would criticise me. This is very puzzling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You were singing an entirely different tune when FGs white elephant "Irish Water" were sending out bills and expecting gobshytes to just hand over money to them unquestionably.

It is nice to see you have suddenly seen the light and turned your back on blind subservience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

smurgen wrote: »

There’s nothing in Doherty’s bill that will bring down the cost of insurance. If anything it’s going to add to the costs of insurance companies and they are going to up their premiums to cover the costs. Overall I think it’s a good bill for the consumer. It does put the consumer on a better footing when dealing with insurance companies whether they are renewing or claiming against the policy. However if we’re going to put those additional restrictions on insurance companies they can’t be surprised if prices don’t come down.

Good qs there.....what was the reason for delaying this insurance reforms

What is links between ffg and insurance industry,and how much extra have i paid in premiums as a result of this 2 year delay

See my post above. That bill won’t save you a cent. It’s likely to cost you more. You might have better insurance as a result, but it won’t be cheaper.

tobsey wrote: »
    See my post above. That bill won’t save you a cent. It’s likely to cost you more. You might have better insurance as a result, but it won’t be cheaper.

This is a strange way of thinking tbh, having something "better" at the "same price" actually is cheaper no?

Two products, are for sale, one is premium, and the other is budget..

The premium one is now available at the previously mentioned budget products price?

So you're now paying the budget price for the premium product, that's cheaper in my book.

McMurphy wrote: »
    This is a strange way of thinking tbh, having something "better" at the "same price" actually is cheaper no?

Two products, are for sale, one is premium, and the other is budget..

The premium one is now available at the previously mentioned budget products price?

So you're now paying the budget price for the premium product, that's cheaper in my book.

That’s value you’re talking about. People don’t want value from insurance, at least not in this country. They want it to be cheap, because they only buy it because they have to.

Doherty’s bill won’t get better value for money. It’ll get better policies for more money.

smurgen wrote: »

Lovely. Does Varadkar think he's foolig anyone? What a waste.

There’s nothing in Doherty’s bill that will bring down the cost of insurance. If anything it’s going to add to the costs of insurance companies and they are going to up their premiums to cover the costs. Overall I think it’s a good bill for the consumer. It does put the consumer on a better footing when dealing with insurance companies whether they are renewing or claiming against the policy. However if we’re going to put those additional restrictions on insurance companies they can’t be surprised if prices don’t come down.

Can you show that and also show what Varadkar's plan is?
    You see I reckon Varadkar is just all mouth and has no concrete intent to do **** all. Prove me wrong.

• Advertisement

That’s value you’re talking about. People don’t want value from insurance, at least not in this country. They want it to be cheap, because they only buy it because they have to.

Not true, I choose policies based on what's included with the cover - not the cheapest one. I haven't seen the statistics, but I imagine fully comp policies outnumber third party only here which I've always found to be cheaper.

I'll concede to going with Maryanne's way of thinking though, I never automatically renew my insurance, if you don't shop around you'll get shafted by them
    Doherty’s bill won’t get better value for money. It’ll get better policies for more money.

I've not seen the bill to form any opinion on it yet, but in saying that if it gets me first or business class levels of service for my previous economy ticket, that'll do me.

What's Leo's proposals?

Advertisement