Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Does it have to be under 7m?
    I went with DCL at 7

Have richarlison already who looked better last week than dcl

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just_Magic wrote: »
    Ive DCl in for Antonio.

What ye think about Trent to Digne?

4pt hit, but would free funds to move on possible utd or City cover next week
    What did you think about Trent going into GW1 that you don't think anymore?

Rarely a good idea to get rid of your good players just because someone else has had a good game and a good fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Just_Magic

CSF wrote: »
    What did you think about Trent going into GW1 that you don't think anymore?

Rarely a good idea to get rid of your good players just because someone else has had a good game and a good fixture.

Liverpool are conceding too much since lockdown.
    I was hoping it would be different.
    Thats why I went with Trent.

Everton look good and they've the fixtures
    That 1.5m could go a long way.

I'm undecided atm

Liverpool are conceding too much since lockdown.
    I was hoping it would be different.
    Thats why I went with Trent.

Everton look good and they've the fixtures
    That 1.5m could go a long way.

I'm undecided atm
    You might be right. The question I would ask yourself though, that should make the decision for you. If Trent scores a free kick in a 1-1 draw or a 2-1 win for Liverpool (no cleanie essentially), will you find yourself clamouring to get him back on? Because Trent will return some points soon. It would be a gigantic variance from the norm if he didn't.

So essentially the key is to be decisive with what you want to do. For me, I'd say he is a season keeper unless he shows me over a spell that he doesn't justify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

4 points are hard earned in this game. Throwing them away on basis of GW 1 seems silly. I'm happy I've stuck despite lack of United city players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Just_Magic

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    4 points are hard earned in this game. Throwing them away on basis of GW 1 seems silly. I'm happy I've stuck despite lack of United city players.

I get that 4pts dropped should be avoided.

But the reason we're happy despite no utd or city players, is because they haven't played yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Son to Hamez..
    2.5 in bank for possibly City Utd cover in coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Son to Hamez..
    2.5 in bank for possibly City Utd cover in coming weeks

Tempted by Kane to Martial, Ward Prowse to Rodriguez

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Gonna bank.

There's a million things I might do, but I'd like another round of matches first!

Feel like I've already lost faith in Mitro. Might downgrade Davies and do something else in midfield!

DCL and Podence intrigue me greatly, also Watkins is nice and cheao at 6. Plus there's City and United

But I'll bank instead of do some potentially silly things :)

I get that 4pts dropped should be avoided.

But the reason we're happy despite no utd or city players, is because they haven't played yet

I have very little fear with their games next weekend. Even if you lose 10/15 points ground, it's not all round like the Salah captaincy was. Last weekend was an anomaly with so many capt Salah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

After my earlier mistake of switching out Kane for Aguero without checking on his fitness, I’ve decided to play my free hit and make some whole sale changes for this week only. Gives me a chance to get some players moved around without taking the points hit. Give Aguero another week to get fit or I can use my free transfer next week to remove him. Aguero, Son, Noble and Perez out. Bamford, KDB, Willian and Klich in

After my earlier mistake of switching out Kane for Aguero without checking on his fitness, I’ve decided to play my free hit and make some whole sale changes for this week only. Gives me a chance to get some players moved around without taking the points hit. Give Aguero another week to get fit or I can use my free transfer next week to remove him. Aguero, Son, Noble and Perez out. Bamford, KDB, Willian and Klich in

Jesus. Free hit gone in GW1!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Willian, hamez or mahrez in for pulisic, bit of a toss up for me?

Wouldn’t the wildcard be an easier way to fix that? Or just take the punt and waste 4 points rather than an entire chip that is worth much more than 4 if used well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If you use your FH, you'll have Kane back, not Aguero.
    FH undoes all your transfers and reverts back to your team that started this gameweek.

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn’t the wildcard be an easier way to fix that? Or just take the punt and waste 4 points rather than an entire chip that is worth much more than 4 if used well.

I always use it terribly so why should this year be any different :)

I’d rather be holding the wildcard than the free hit if I’m honest. I don’t want Bamford or Klich long term either. I thought about just taking my medicine and benching Aguero but it’s done now anyway.

F1ngers wrote: »
    If you use your FH, you'll have Kane back, not Aguero.
    FH undoes all your transfers and reverts back to your team that started this gameweek.

Ah damn it, didn’t realise that. I assume I won’t get my free transfer back either will I?

I always use it terribly so why should this year be any different :)

I’d rather be holding the wildcard than the free hit if I’m honest. I don’t want Bamford or Klich long term either. I thought about just taking my medicine and benching Aguero but it’s done now anyway.
    Would a 4 point hit to a player you actually like really hurt you that much? If the guy scores you have paid it back really. Martial maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Took Podence earlier in the week. Happier with that decision more so now. Guaranteed game time is higher now I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If Jesus could show some form - he might be worth a punt - albeit at 9.5m

Obv Pep could play Sterling up front but with Ageuro out for the next while, little less rotation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ah damn it, didn’t realise that. I assume I won’t get my free transfer back either will I?

Nope. 1 transfer next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭chases0102

Selling Son for either Fernandez or De Bruyne....thoughts?

Also going to take Batsyushi out for Watkins for -4 hit.....

chases0102 wrote: »
    Selling Son for either Fernandez or De Bruyne....thoughts?

Also going to take Batsyushi out for Watkins for -4 hit.....

Would leave Bats. Not worth a hit. Watkins won’t score 2 or more & Bats could even score 1 at United.

Some amount transferring TAA, Werner, son and others out. Noticed DCL gone wild then transferred in off back of one goal. Some reactive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭chases0102

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Would leave Bats. Not worth a hit. Watkins won’t score 2 or more & Bats could even score 1 at United.

Bats didn't get a run out week - my thinking is that Watkins will definitely start, and he has scored twice in his first two Villa games, only striker they have so should start most games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Some amount transferring TAA, Werner, son and others out. Noticed DCL gone wild then transferred in off back of one goal. Some reactive game.

Always the way early on. There will be quite a few ‘I knew I shouldn’t have transferred out X’ posts before the weekend is out.

200k transferring out the most popular Captain pick is also a head scratcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Reactive or proactive...time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Reactive or proactive...time will tell.

Whatever about the others, anyone transferring out TAA after 1 game is being reactionary.

chases0102 wrote: »
    Bats didn't get a run out week - my thinking is that Watkins will definitely start, and he has scored twice in his first two Villa games, only striker they have so should start most games.

Only joined the squad & was away with internationals the midweek. Will come into the side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

More that a lot of people are rubbish at the game.

Advertisement