Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

Reckon the people that have City or M United on their bench are in good order now for GW 2.

I’ve made a bit of a mess of setting up for the first 3-6 GW’s so only myself to blame.

City can maybe wait one more week but M United cover definitely needed this GW and maybe more than just 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Just pulled the trigger on Werner to Martial. I feel the Utd coverage is important and with Werner's more difficult fixture and dead leg, it seemed like a reasonable move.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,031 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Reckon the people that have City or M United on their bench are in good order now for GW 2.

I’ve made a bit of a mess of setting up for the first 3-6 GW’s so only myself to blame.

City can maybe wait one more week but M United cover definitely needed this GW and maybe more than just 1.
    Salah/Antonio/Havertz to Fernandes/Martial/Rodriguez maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Made a mess too. Looking at a - 8...

Alli Ings Havertz to Bruno Martial Harrison

CSF wrote: »
    Salah/Antonio/Havertz to Fernandes/Martial/Rodriguez maybe?

I had planned to sell Salah but not sure I can now. Would be fierce cutthroat.

I’ll have to keep Antonio another week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Really wanted to bank and have 2fts for GW3.
    But my bench are all non-playing.
    Button Douglas Brewster Burke

Got the wrong Leeds def, seen Douglas in some predicted lineups. Shoulda went Struijk.
    Not sure what to do. Worth using a transfer? Or hope my 11 play? Thinking the latter.

First team
    Johnstone
    Robbo KWP Bavies Mitchell
    Salah Son Auba ASM
    Vardy Werner

Think I'll get 1 more GW out of Mitchell. The rest should hopefully all start again.

Edit: Burke to Reed a possibility

Sideways move. I’d be leaving this. Transfers are precious at this stage

I had planned to sell Salah but not sure I can now. Would be fierce cutthroat.

I’ll have to keep Antonio another week.
    Yeah, I would have liked to have those 20 points at the weekend for certain, but a small consolation is that I don't have a decision to make now. Bruno comes off my bench to try and get my season started a week later than planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Werner to Martial, Werner with an injury playing liverpool is to much of a risk, but it will probably backfire on me like it usually does when i buy man utd players

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FPL_Junior

Really surprised to see the amount of people selling Werner. Liverpool shipped 3 last week and 3 in the game at Anfield last season against Chelsea.

Long term their fixtures are brilliant.

Havertz is the one I’m considering selling, due to his performance. Looked like a passenger a lot of the time.

FPL_Junior wrote: »
    Really surprised to see the amount of people selling Werner. Liverpool shipped 3 last week and 3 in the game at Anfield last season against Chelsea.

Havertz is the one I’m considering selling, due to his performance. Looked like a passenger a lot of the time.

I wouldn’t have expected that much more from him though. He’s 21 in an attack with Mount and Loftus-Cheek playing rather than Ziyech and Pulisic.

Assuming he beats out Mount when everyone is back, both him and Werner will look much more dangerous playing with those guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

FPL_Junior wrote: »

Your not on the tweet box now coming in here with a name like that!

Also I'd imagine it's a case of looking for united assets and people being happier to keep the tried and tested auba/salah over a new player to the league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Can't decide whether to go Werner to Martial or stick. I'd have no Chelsea players without Werner but I'm not sure I trust martial either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

i have 2 ways to go over the next couple of weeks and will end up with either

A) Martial/Son/Rodriguez
    B) Richarlison/Fernandes/Grealish or Zaha

opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Sawduck wrote: »
    Werner to Martial, Werner with an injury playing liverpool is to much of a risk, but it will probably backfire on me like it usually does when i buy man utd players

It’s only a dead leg. Will be grand by the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭chris445

Pre-planned transfer Son to Bruno. Had Greenwood on the bench too for United coverage this week (still hopeful he will start but Daniel James actually played well in the Villa friendly at the weekend).

Already thinking next week will likely be PEA to Sterling/KdB with the turn in Arsenal fixtures. At the moment leaning more toward Sterling as a differential with only 4.3 ownership.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Can't decide whether to go Werner to Martial or stick. I'd have no Chelsea players without Werner but I'm not sure I trust martial either.

I'm sticking.

chris445 wrote: »
    Pre-planned transfer Son to Bruno. Had Greenwood on the bench too for United coverage this week (still hopeful he will start but Daniel James actually played well in the Villa friendly at the weekend).

Already thinking next week will likely be PEA to Sterling/KdB with the turn in Arsenal fixtures. At the moment leaning more toward Sterling as a differential with only 4.3 ownership.

Auba is gone next week for me, KDB/Sterling/Bruno in mind but I see no issue in captaining aubameyang this week and seeing how united / city go this weekend. City opening is sticky enough if they are not on their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Sideways move. I’d be leaving this. Transfers are precious at this stage

Cheers. It'll be nice having 2FTs for next week. And worst case scenario I miss out on a 1-2 pointer from a 4.5m mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thinking of banking my transfer this week then depending on what happens Auba and Ings to De Bryune and Martial. I have to pick either the Arsenal man or Salah and although Auba will clearly get goals this season i think Salah has a higher potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Is wildcarding a terrible idea now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

rekluse wrote: »

Post your current team and the team you'd wildcard to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

rekluse wrote: »

not a terrible idea - but you may be using it without knowledge of how some teams/players are setting up, for example, burnley, villa, man city, man utd have all not played.

will pogba feature ? will greenwood get gametime ? Foden ? Grealish just signed a contract extension (and scored in carabao cup game) outside of him, who else will be on the villa teamsheet ? who will start for burnley ? - what midfield is pep likely to use ? any update on aguero and his recovery?

Which players/teams have had covid and has it effected their ability to be selected ?

are there any players who are now back due to self isolating period - they could slot straight into a team or be unavailable by choice of the manager ? who has had a rift with the manager ?

Personally I don't think its right to use wildcard just yet - but - if you feel the need to reorganise your team now and are happy to use the new team for the following few game weeks (possibly tweaking a player here and there) ... it might work out for you.

I've made the decision to keep my transfer - it may be a bad decision, considering I had zero points/players on my bench this week, but ... we all play the game we think is best for us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

I've used my wildcard, even though I done okay this week. Wanted De Bruyne in and a few different switches. I'm quite happy with my team now but by this time next week I probably won't be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Ali/Antonio to Harrison/Martial have Shaw benched from last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Invincible

patmac wrote: »
    Ali/Antonio to Harrison/Martial have Shaw benched from last week.

Harrison on bench GW4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

Was really hoping i could give him another chance

I think I will

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    I think I will

Although I’m tempted by Alli and TAA to Bruno and Castagne.

Feeling like I will go with a boring enough Vinagre to Ayling.

They did not have a good defensive display but with Cooper to come back and Koch to settle, they are in a good position to improve. Next 2 fixtures are Fulham who have one worthy attacking threat and Sheff United who have none.

At 4.5 I’m more than happy to bench him on the weeks when they play good teams too, which is where I think Leeds will struggle defensively.

Do people think this is totally crazy, or think Dallas is a better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

Bamford got 62 mins, as an owner with Rodrigo waiting in the wings its not great sign but only 1 game, if it becomes a thing (wilder does this a lot with his strikers) id be passing on both in the future.

Maybe some leeds fans here? might chime in and say if its a thing?

Bielsa loves bamford. Vital for the system they play and bielsa is very slow to change it. It'll be more of the same for the near future in my opinion, bamford starts and Rodrigo around the 70mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

CSF wrote: »
    Feeling like I will go with a boring enough Vinagre to Ayling.

They did not have a good defensive display but with Cooper to come back and Koch to settle, they are in a good position to improve. Next 2 fixtures are Fulham who have one worthy attacking threat and Sheff United who have none.

At 4.5 I’m more than happy to bench him on the weeks when they play good teams too, which is where I think Leeds will struggle defensively.

Do people think this is totally crazy, or think Dallas is a better option?

I think he’s a good pick. He was in my draft til the last minute when I switched him for James Justin purely because of Leicester’s fixtures.
    I’ll most likely get him back soon when pereira is back fit and James Justin may lose his place.
    The planet fpl Podcast had a week in preseason where They had a correspondent from each club on and the Leeds one recommended Ayling over Dallas

Advertisement