Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Martinez
    Coleman Struijk Tierney James
    Fernandes Auba Mendy Salah William
    Werner

Pope / Obafemi / Mitchell / Davies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Think I'll do Son to Hamez, Everton seem to be flying and Son played the full game last night in what sounded like another terrible Spurs performance.

Would love Bruno but only way I can see it is to downgrade one of TAA/TRobbo for -4 and I wouldnt be 100% sure Bruno will start either

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What's the earliest KDB could go up in price? Can't bring him in this gameweek but need to get him before his price goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Tusky wrote: »
    What's the earliest KDB could go up in price? Can't bring him in this gameweek but need to get him before his price goes up.

Tonight. We still don’t know if there’s a block on these players going up. It certainly looks that way, but it is far from certain. Even if not, we’ve no way of knowing if the guys will be unblocked tomorrow upon the opening of the gameweek, or after they actually play. I assume the former, but we know nothing for sure here so should act accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Tusky wrote: »

I'd probably bring him in tomorrow to be on the safe side.

Not that it's that safe if he then gets injured or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Thoughts on Greenwood starting btw? Think he will personally but am afraid to press the button just yet. Maybe get an indication in the pressers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think I'll do Son to Hamez, Everton seem to be flying and Son played the full game last night in what sounded like another terrible Spurs performance.

Would love Bruno but only way I can see it is to downgrade one of TAA/TRobbo for -4 and I wouldnt be 100% sure Bruno will start either

Is bruno a doubt?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Degag wrote: »
    Thoughts on Greenwood starting btw? Think he will personally but am afraid to press the button just yet. Maybe get an indication in the pressers.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1306884284318453760

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Why would Bruno be a doubt? I'm certain he will start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭shano_88

Pulisic to Hamez.

Really like Pulisic but there's still doubts over his fitness and Chelsea's formation. Going to wait and see and potentially bring him back in in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is bruno a doubt?

Not a doubt but only back training a few days. Just wouldnt be surprised to see him start on the bench

Not a doubt but only back training a few days. Just wouldnt be surprised to see him start on the bench

He will definitely start. He is fully fit. Played with Portugal during the International break. He is Man United's main player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

No chance.

Played 180 minutes for Portugal so match fit and ready to go. Will literally be the first name on Ole's team sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

went timo to tony and playing 2 in midfield zaha and Aubu.

5 in defence.... fingers cross

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Coybig_ wrote: »
    No chance.

Played 180 minutes for Portugal so match fit and ready to go. Will literally be the first name on Ole's team sheet.

Could say the same about Mitrovic as well, more than likely he will start, but there is no guarantee.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Could say the same about Mitrovic as well, more than likely he will start, but there is no guarantee.

Bruno will have had an extra week's rest. He will 100% play unless injured in training.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

shano_88 wrote: »
    Pulisic to Hamez.

Really like Pulisic but there's still doubts over his fitness and Chelsea's formation. Going to wait and see and potentially bring him back in in a few weeks.

Guy steals my name and then my transfer. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Thiago 6.0m

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

no aguero or laporte according to pep, i'm too old for links it's on daily mirror online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Everyone going KDB rather than Sterling it seems - is Sterling injured or anything?

Leaning towards him at the moment as need to ship out Pulisic - what a disaster taking a risk on him last week. :(

• Advertisement

Everyone going KDB rather than Sterling it seems - is Sterling injured or anything?

Leaning towards him at the moment as need to ship out Pulisic - what a disaster taking a risk on him last week. :(

KdB is reliable - Sterling on the other hand misses glorious chances.
    KdB is on penalties - Sterling is not
    KdB is on freekicks - does sterling take any?

KdB even at this stage is highly owned compared with Sterling - get it wrong and your playing catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

KdB even at this stage is highly owned compared with Sterling - get it wrong and your playing catch up.

You're right - play it safe for now. Thanks for the sanity!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

You're right - play it safe for now. Thanks for the sanity!

Sterling gets opening day hattricks. KDB doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Best striker under 7m
    Wilson
    Antonio
    Mitro
    Watkins

I'm thinking Watkins. Scored midweek and last week in a friendly v man u

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Best striker under 7m
    Wilson
    Antonio
    Mitro
    Watkins

I'm thinking Watkins. Scored midweek and last week in a friendly v man u

Does it have to be under 7m?
    I went with DCL at 7

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

+1 on this. I got the mane, Salah shout wrong. Thought I was being smart on gw1. I’m going to leave it until after gw30 for those calls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Does it have to be under 7m?
    I went with DCL at 7

+1 good fixtures too

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Sterling gets opening day hattricks. KDB doesn't

Sterling might get a hattrick - but with the amount of chances he got last season he should have at least won the golden boot and probably scored 30 goals.

Let's say you go with Sterling and get a hattrick - chances are KdB will be involved with the assist - as he's an assist machine - the points difference is not that much.

However how many assists did Sterling get last season 6? - so high chance that he won't be involved if KdB scores - particular a free kick/penalty. How long would you then stick with Sterling given his low ownership?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSF wrote: »
    Feeling like I will go with a boring enough Vinagre to Ayling.

They did not have a good defensive display but with Cooper to come back and Koch to settle, they are in a good position to improve. Next 2 fixtures are Fulham who have one worthy attacking threat and Sheff United who have none.

At 4.5 I’m more than happy to bench him on the weeks when they play good teams too, which is where I think Leeds will struggle defensively.

Do people think this is totally crazy, or think Dallas is a better option?
    Don't think I'll be doing this anymore. Lamptey just feels like someone I'm more likely to want to keep at that price for the season. I'm more sure I know what the Brighton defence is going to be at this level, than I am Leeds, and Lamptey's attacking threat looks bigger. He is hitting Doherty levels of attacking threat. Still need to see this from the Leeds guys at this level.

Anyone think differently and have points to the contrary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Just_Magic

Ive DCl in for Antonio.

What ye think about Trent to Digne?

4pt hit, but would free funds to move on possible utd or City cover next week

Advertisement