Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I'm sticking.

I think that’s a good choice. Werner is the best Chelsea pick and united have good options in midfield in Bruno, Rashford and Greenwood (if no major signing comes in)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thoughts on a TAA and Soucek to Saiss and Hamez -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I think that’s a good choice. Werner is the best Chelsea pick and united have good options in midfield in Bruno, Rashford and Greenwood (if no major signing comes in)

I'm still torn on it, I have vardy too who I wont want long term, so I'd get Werner back in a couple of weeks after their 2 away games when they have 2 nice home games and hopefully have clicked a bit and giving Werner better service.

Martial was the United player I wanted. Nearly went with him on bench rather than Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Invincible

manual_man wrote: »

Have you considered James Rodriguez, good fixtures, Hamez played poorly Monday night, seemed to play too deep.

Went Taa -> Gabriel
    Son -> Kdb

Invincible wrote: »
    Have you considered James Rodriguez, good fixtures, Hamez played poorly Monday night, seemed to play too deep.

Went Taa -> Gabriel
    Son -> Kdb

Hamez not Havertz I think :D

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Hamez not Havertz I think :D

🀓🀭

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

rekluse wrote: »
    Is wildcarding a terrible idea now ?

Fairly sure it has to be used in first 16 gameweeks anyway. There is merit in holding, there is also merit in early use, even if you had a great score week 1.

As Will Ferrell said at the Oscars........."there is no greater weapon in a fantasy football managers arsenal than a strategically placed wildcard".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I think he’s a good pick. He was in my draft til the last minute when I switched him for James Justin purely because of Leicester’s fixtures.
    I’ll most likely get him back soon when pereira is back fit and James Justin may lose his place.
    The planet fpl Podcast had a week in preseason where They had a correspondent from each club on and the Leeds one recommended Ayling over Dallas

They are both solid picks i would say. Last season Dallas scored 5, assisted 4. Ayling scored 4 assisted 4. Ayling made 8 less appearances last year. Missed start of season due to ankle surgery.

Hamez = James Rodriguez (JRod already taken). Is that not the shorthand we agreed upon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lads selling TAA. Really, after one game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hamez = James Rodriguez (JRod already taken). Is that not the shorthand we agreed upon :D

I think JamRod wins out personally.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Lads selling TAA. Really, after one game?
    Could probably see myself getting him back in for gw6(hopefully for a lower price). He was pretty anonymous against Leeds and I already have Robertson.

Or Jammie. "Jammie goal"

I really wouldn't fancy that.

But I'm also a TAA and Soucek owner. Soucek had 2 shots on goal and we know what TAA can do.

Long term I think what you have wins out.

Hamez all day long

FHFC wrote: »
    Hamez all day long

Agreed :)

daithijjj wrote: »
    They are both solid picks i would say. Last season Dallas scored 5, assisted 4. Ayling scored 4 assisted 4. Ayling made 8 less appearances last year. Missed start of season due to ankle surgery.

Oh yea nothing much between them that’s for sure. I think (vague memory) I heard on that or another podcast that Dallas got some of those attacking returns playing a little more advanced in a midfield position.
    I’ve never seen Leeds play a full game so someone on here is definitely more informed and maybe could advise...

How about a compromise on “HamRod”!?

Hames like george pronounces it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've abandoned my original Ings to Martial plan and decided instead to go Davies to Digne while I can afford it. No United players now.

If it all backfires I may well turn to the WC. The fixtures Wolves are about to have look mighty tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Had planned on banking and still planning on sticking to the plan that I planned.

Will have no Manchester cover though so could be an interesting weekend

Plan gone out the window....Ings to Martial done last night. FFIX was predicting a rise last night so felt I had to move early.

I probably would have kept Ings if he hadn't played last night but his and Southampton's poor form made it an easier decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

-4 Son/ Timo to JamesRod/ Martial ?

Taughts ?? 83 GW1 so might just take the hit

Other front players include Salah Auba Mitro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    -4 Son/ Timo to JamesRod/ Martial ?

Taughts ?? 83 GW1 so might just take the hit

Other front players include Salah Auba Mitro

It's not a transfer I would make for a -4, it would be a wait and see for me, but you had a good score GW1 so you know what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,626 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Any predictions on what Thiago will be priced at and when he is likely to be available to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Any predictions on what Thiago will be priced at and when he is likely to be available to buy

Have a feeling he might be overpriced cos he's a big name and a classy player, even though he's not prolific and Liverpool centre mids tend not to score much.

My guess is about 6.5 and it would be an avoid for me. To be honest there's almost no price I'd consider him at the start, it would have to be absurdly low. Even at 5.5 he's likely to be eased in to the team and I'd prefer a nailed attacking option like ASM or a punt on someone like Podence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'm starting to come round to the idea of banking this GW.

My plan was Kane out for Aguero or Martial. Aggy seems a risk at this stage, and I'm starting to wonder how much more likely Martial is to outscore Kane. Even if I brought in Martial I think I would still captain Auba.

Soton played a full team midweek and look suspect defensively, whereas Palace put in a strong defensive performance. United still have something of a question mark over them - they were electric at the end of last season but they don't have the guarantee that City and Pool have on them, they've still failed to do it over the course of a season. First match after a short break. Also interested to see who might look their sharpest asset, likewise with City.

The added information of another week and then having 2 FTs to maybe take a -4 or even a -8 in GW3 and really move funds around to set up for the next 5 fixtures or so is very appealing.

Is it mad to go without United cover and stick with Kane who looked poor and unfit against Everton?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭COH

Morzadec wrote: »
    Aggy

STOP THAT

COH wrote: »
    STOP THAT

Acting the Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is it mad to go without United cover and stick with Kane who looked poor and unfit against Everton?

i think there are question marks hanging over the team and who starts first game of season - i would prefer to wait and see approach, especially if the prices aren't going up - you get to see what they are like before making any decisions.

Edit i too had thought of the Kane to Aguero transfer - question marks remain over his fitness and playing time - he's not as young as he used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

I'm starting to come round to the idea of banking this GW.

My plan was Kane out for Aguero or Martial. Aggy seems a risk at this stage, and I'm starting to wonder how much more likely Martial is to outscore Kane. Even if I brought in Martial I think I would still captain Auba.

Soton played a full team midweek and look suspect defensively, whereas Palace put in a strong defensive performance. United still have something of a question mark over them - they were electric at the end of last season but they don't have the guarantee that City and Pool have on them, they've still failed to do it over the course of a season. First match after a short break. Also interested to see who might look their sharpest asset, likewise with City.

The added information of another week and then having 2 FTs to maybe take a -4 or even a -8 in GW3 and really move funds around to set up for the next 5 fixtures or so is very appealing.

Southampton not looking great behind the scenes, especially with Ralph's comments last night. A full strength first team losing to a largely second string Brentford is pretty horrific.

Tottenham still have good fixtures, and though people could argue for negativity behind the scenes there, I think the two signings will go a long way to lifting that cloud. Nothing makes Jose happier than signings.

United lost this fixture 2-1 last season, I was at it and Crystal Palace will set up the same way this weekend. Sit deep and counter. This has worked against United constantly last season, and even as recently as the Copenhagen game did United show an inability to break down a team sitting deep.

I also think United played quite poorly at the tail end of last season, they got extremely lucky in a number of games, the Palace away game a prime example of that where Palace deserved a point.

I had Bruno in from the start, waiting on the bench to play this week but I am by no means convinced in United. Him being on penalties and a likelihood of a lot of long shots given how Palace will set up makes him the best United option IMO.

The hold opens up a lot for GW3, as you said a -4 for 3 transfers can completely change the look of your team, and gives you the advantage of holding the Wildcard for longer.

Advertisement