Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Sorry, I didn't mean it to such an extent. I think I've had one handy game and two rage quits, both of which were early doors and just going one nil up. The rest have been competitive games, most of which I've came from behind tbh.

I'm usually a 17 win player, just about, and I know I haven't got any better yet my record this weekend is unusually good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Liamalone wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't mean it to such an extent. I think I've had one handy game and two rage quits, both of which were early doors and just going one nil up. The rest have been competitive games, most of which I've came from behind tbh.

I'm usually a 17 win player, just about, and I know I haven't got any better yet my record this weekend is unusually good.

i get you, got to 17-3 played some french pro it seems he smashed me 4-0 with what i can only describe as if his team were in turbo mode weird game, then lost next one 3-2 v another decent guy. annoying dont feel ive played bad in either of those games.

FINALLY !!! got elite with a game to spare, beat some ttv(? i think this some esports thing) in win 22, there is still room for improvement tho as there was def some games this weekend i shouldnt be losing imo might leave it until 21 now tho, forking delighted with myself tho like a dope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Good on ye Chips, no mean feat :)

I hobbled over the line to 17 in the end up, quelle bon voyage eh lol

whats everyones plan for start of 21 ? im most likely sticking 2-300 worth of fifa points and grinding out drafts at the beginning and going for it straight from the off with weekend league, thinking im gonna most likely go with the bundesliga at the start also or maybe bundes/prem hybrid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

chips1234 wrote: »
    whats everyones plan for start of 21 ? im most likely sticking 2-300 worth of fifa points and grinding out drafts at the beginning and going for it straight from the off with weekend league, thinking im gonna most likely go with the bundesliga at the start also or maybe bundes/prem hybrid.

Probably do about €100 worth of packs. Unusually for me, I've got a good bit of disposable cash right now :pac: Pump it all into coins to start trading.

I'll go either Dutch or Portugese league then. Whichever looks best value. Usually able to build a reliably strong one for a fraction of the cost.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Probably do about €100 worth of packs. Unusually for me, I've got a good bit of disposable cash right now :pac: Pump it all into coins to start trading.

I'll go either Dutch or Portugese league then. Whichever looks best value. Usually able to build a reliably strong one for a fraction of the cost.

why not drafts ? what you think are the pros and cons of draft v packs ? im thinking maybe a mixture of both might be better but unsure atm i know i can get to semi in draft like 90%+ of the time and probably higher as im guessing it should be easier at the very start of the game, and higher value packs then depending on rewards.

opening packs obv less time consuming but also extremely boring with rage quits you could win a draft in less than 45 mins if not messing around too much.

why not drafts ? what you think are the pros and cons of draft v packs ? im thinking maybe a mixture of both might be better but unsure atm i know i can get to semi in draft like 90%+ of the time and probably higher as im guessing it should be easier at the very start of the game, and higher value packs then depending on rewards.

opening packs obv less time consuming but also extremely boring with rage quits you could win a draft in less than 45 mins if not messing around too much.

speaking of drafts won my first one of the day got 45k coins 15k and 50k pack best rewards ive gotten from winning a draft yet.

casually pack totssf ben yedder then using the players from it for the 94+ :D

1. Drafts need a lot of quality, and I'd not be confident I'd do enough to justify it.

2. Drafts take a LOT more time, cause you're having to play the matches, which means you're spending 20 - 90 minutes per two or three packs.

Easier to just buy the packs. I'd also add a personal fear that I feel you get better cards with a direct "money -> Packs" route than "money -> Draft rewards" one. But I don't have much to back that up. I just am not sure if I've ever packed anything great from draft rewards.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    1. Drafts need a lot of quality, and I'd not be confident I'd do enough to justify it.

2. Drafts take a LOT more time, cause you're having to play the matches, which means you're spending 20 - 90 minutes per two or three packs.

Easier to just buy the packs. I'd also add a personal fear that I feel you get better cards with a direct "money -> Packs" route than "money -> Draft rewards" one. But I don't have much to back that up. I just am not sure if I've ever packed anything great from draft rewards.

this is brilliant, but technically you are using money still when using points to play draft :D but yeah to make it worthwhile you def need to be getting to semi final/final majority of the time. and it def takes more time. plus they can be rigged as fck at times too, nothing worse than losing a final to a dude who has the 300 squad battles won tifo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Going by futbin there’s been no new content since Friday?? Take it that means the game is done now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Great to see the discussion around FIFA 21 strategy starting.

As someone who was very late to the party this year it didn’t take me too long to build a team capable of competing due to the various different promos such as Summer Heat and EA giving out TOTSSF cards like hot cakes at that stage of the game. However, I’ve never really tried to start from day one so I’m a bit nervous about getting left behind.

I’ve been doing a lot of research over the last few days and the main strategies from the most well-known trader accounts all seem quite similar:

1. Sell everything you get in your starter packs to build up some coins
    2. Get stuck into the Advanced SBC’s as quickly as possible

They reckon you could easily build up around 100,000 with no pack luck within a few hours just by doing the above all on the Web App.

It feels strange to question their approach as they obviously know what does and does not work, but from looking at FUTBIN it seemed a hell of a lot of cards rose in price when early access on the console went live, so would you not be better off holding off until then to start selling? I suppose if you have your typical common golds that no one is going to have in starter squads is what they are referring to more so as they won’t fluctuate all that much in any case?

Also, again they mention selling everything you get at the start but if you’re selling everything are you not just going to be spending coins then trying to get the players for the SBC’s? Would you not be better off trying to do as much of the Advanced SBC’s with what you pack early doors?

I’ll throw €100 worth of FIFA Points in on day one of early access which will give me 80 of the 7.5k Premium Gold Packs. I see on average they sell for around 2.5k coins so even if you got absolutely nothing of note you should still get a coin reserve of around 200,000 from that.

Even accounting for the cost of doing them, the SBC’s should give you a profit of what, say around 50,000 even if you get nothing of note from them?

So worst case scenario with €100 worth of FIFA Points and SBC’s you’d be looking at around 250,000 coins to get started, probably close to double that if you get a few decent pulls in packs, all within one day of the Web App plus one day of early access?

Does that sound realistic or am I miles off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yep, pretty much spot on with that. That’s what most people would do anyway... it’s a good investment and easy coins to try pick up the “meta” players during web app as coins are so low, so they’re going for low prices. They’ll all shoot up when the game officially launches.

Yep, pretty much spot on with that. That’s what most people would do anyway... it’s a good investment and easy coins to try pick up the “meta” players during web app as coins are so low, so they’re going for low prices. They’ll all shoot up when the game officially launches.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ChrisRM22/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

this guy already has some 21 early trading stuff up and guides etc, i think im gonna try get a tank for the first couple of days before early access and then try and get as many aphonso davies, david alabas, ferland mendys, valverdes,militaos, llorente from valencia and any other cards that look very decent for starter teams all depending on how many drafts i get through i may have to start opening 7.5k packs aswel.

It feels strange to question their approach as they obviously know what does and does not work, but from looking at FUTBIN it seemed a hell of a lot of cards rose in price when early access on the console went live, so would you not be better off holding off until then to start selling? I suppose if you have your typical common golds that no one is going to have in starter squads is what they are referring to more so as they won’t fluctuate all that much in any case?

Also, again they mention selling everything you get at the start but if you’re selling everything are you not just going to be spending coins then trying to get the players for the SBC’s? Would you not be better off trying to do as much of the Advanced SBC’s with what you pack early doors?

Quick thoughts.

They're probably not far off predictions but they'll probably exagerate some stuff too, in terms of prices. If they're saying you could make 200k, it's probably anywhere between 150k and god knows where, depending on what you pack.

Card prices will be volatile in the early access portion, and go up a bit when the game launches fully.

My personal thoughts is you might get 200k from opening packs during early access, and the exact same cards might get you 300k in the full game. But if I can get 200k in early access, I might be able to trade my way up to 400-500k by the time I could have gotten the 300k, if that makes sense.

100% save cards for SBCs if you want to go that route. 80 7.5k packs is probably going to pack you at least 250 player cards to sell, and your TP is going to be at most 100 initially. So may as well fire a few into SBCs and see what you get. Especially since cards you pull will get an initial chemistry boost vs what you buy from the market.

I'd say open packs.
    Throw everything into your club till you're done.
    See what sort of team you want to build, based on what you packed (if you packed enough to build a specific league team, you'll probably want to keep them).
    Sell high rated from everything else.
    Do SBCs with lower rated cards if possible.
    Sell everything else.

Oh, one other thing.

Week Zero In Forms.

There's a judgement call with these. They always triple in value the week after they're in packs, because there's not many IFs at the start of the game, and the majority of players open packs when they've left packs.

Sometimes, it's worth picking up a few cheap ones or holding onto them for a few days, if you've early access, and selling them once everyone else starts playing and are desperate for any special card they can get.

Great info guys, thanks for that.

Really excited now about getting stuck into it from the off.

So we're looking at:

Web App - Wednesday 30th September

EA Play/EA Access - 10 hours in total allowed from 6pm on Thursday 1st October

Pre-Order (Ultimate/Champion Edition) - full access to the game from Tuesday 6th October

General Release - Friday 9th October

What do we think is the best strategy to maximise the 10 hours of EA Play/EA Access?

I'm thinking - log in, purchase FIFA Points for opening packs on the web app, then get straight into grinding Squad Battles ahead of the Squad Battles rewards coming on the Monday.

I do love opening packs on the game (more excitement before the inevitable disappointment :pac:) as opposed to on the web app so I'm caught in two minds, but it probably makes more sense to do so on the app rather than wasting an hour of the gameplay?

I've no idea what sort of points total you'd need to hit Elite 1 in Squad Battles during the first week, but even if you did enough in the 10 hours to hit Elite 3 you'd still end up with a Mega Pack, 2 x Premium Gold Players Packs and 12,000 coins which in total could all be worth around 30,000 if you packed absolutely nothing, which would be a nice boost to the coffers for trading.

So at the moment I'm thinking with €100 worth of FIFA Points, getting as many of the SBC's done as possible, and grinding Squad Battles during Early Access, I should have in or around 300,000 coins on Monday 5th October, a day before the earliest pre-orders start playing the game.

Then as soon as I get my pre-order access on Tuesday 6th October I'll grind Rivals for a couple of days ahead of the Rivals rewards on Thursday 9th October.

It all sounds good in theory anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

All that talk of grinding makes me glad I’m not getting it.
    Famous last words though as most of ye have heard this from me for the past 2 years.
    I actually managed to hold out till Xmas last year so I reckon I can hold out until it gets added to the ea play store which is free with the new Xbox which is around March i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Totw has strangely returned.

2 Irish in it, Duffy and Hendrick.

Blazer wrote: »
    All that talk of grinding makes me glad I’m not getting it.
    Famous last words though as most of ye have heard this from me for the past 2 years.
    I actually managed to hold out till Xmas last year so I reckon I can hold out until it gets added to the ea play store which is free with the new Xbox which is around March i think.

Last year I actually took leave to coincide with the early release so that I could get a good head start. (Seems insane now looking back)

Worked grand until ea decided to release virtually nothing of note through sbc’s and in return hugely inflated prices of players in packs.

I’m 100% not getting the new game, there was just no end goal. When I twice had €15mil for prime moments R9 and was unable to buy him unless I was willing to pay someone a couple of hundred euro to list him, that was the point when I said, enough’s enough!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Last year I actually took leave to coincide with the early release so that I could get a good head start. (Seems insane now looking back)

Worked grand until ea decided to release virtually nothing of note through sbc’s and in return hugely inflated prices of players in packs.

I’m 100% not getting the new game, there was just no end goal. When I twice had €15mil for prime moments R9 and was unable to buy him unless I was willing to pay someone a couple of hundred euro to list him, that was the point when I said, enough’s enough!

Who’s going to give us our trading tips this year so?? :pac:

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Who’s going to give us our trading tips this year so?? :pac:

Haha, ah to be fair there’s a great little community here, I’ve found people here are always great for sharing trading, gameplay and tactics tips.

I’ve even a few people from here as my PS4 friends who helped me with objectives and vice versa.

So as fifa20 is pretty much over and I won’t be getting fifa21 (unless they announce icon sbc’s which they won’t) I’ll just say best of luck to you all in fifa 21 and thanks to everyone for the tips and banter over the last couple of years.
    It really is a great community here.

I’ll probably stick my nose into the fifa21 thread here and there anyway to see how things are going.

All the best everyone :)

Once the new thread is up and the posts are flying, people are posting their pack pulls (or lack of :pac:), teams and tactics are being created, players that are being flipped for trading are being posted etc, you’ll be back! :)

See you soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

BrentMused wrote: »
    Great info guys, thanks for that.

Really excited now about getting stuck into it from the off.

So we're looking at:

Web App - Wednesday 30th September

EA Play/EA Access - 10 hours in total allowed from 6pm on Thursday 1st October

Pre-Order (Ultimate/Champion Edition) - full access to the game from Tuesday 6th October

General Release - Friday 9th October

What do we think is the best strategy to maximise the 10 hours of EA Play/EA Access?

I'm thinking - log in, purchase FIFA Points for opening packs on the web app, then get straight into grinding Squad Battles ahead of the Squad Battles rewards coming on the Monday.

I do love opening packs on the game (more excitement before the inevitable disappointment :pac:) as opposed to on the web app so I'm caught in two minds, but it probably makes more sense to do so on the app rather than wasting an hour of the gameplay?

I've no idea what sort of points total you'd need to hit Elite 1 in Squad Battles during the first week, but even if you did enough in the 10 hours to hit Elite 3 you'd still end up with a Mega Pack, 2 x Premium Gold Players Packs and 12,000 coins which in total could all be worth around 30,000 if you packed absolutely nothing, which would be a nice boost to the coffers for trading.

So at the moment I'm thinking with €100 worth of FIFA Points, getting as many of the SBC's done as possible, and grinding Squad Battles during Early Access, I should have in or around 300,000 coins on Monday 5th October, a day before the earliest pre-orders start playing the game.

Then as soon as I get my pre-order access on Tuesday 6th October I'll grind Rivals for a couple of days ahead of the Rivals rewards on Thursday 9th October.

It all sounds good in theory anyway! :pac:

Can you only purchase points on the console, I don't think you can buy them through the web app can you? So theres no possibility to have points in the web app when it goes live on the 30th September. If you have points in your Fifa 20 account can those be carried across?

EDIT - seems you can - https://www.fifplay.com/fifa-21-carryover-guide/

parejo, milinkovic savic and gabreil red picks, carvajal depay and slimani in the 3 totssf pack not bad, not great but not bad :D

you'll be back :D:D im looking forward to the grind, but also looking to have a top team as early as poss, as i want a top 100 finish.

you'll be back :D:D im looking forward to the grind, but also looking to have a top team as early as poss, as i want a top 100 finish.

Haha no I def won’t be unless they do icon sbc’s. I need an end goal for the grind, people like you and osmosis are very good at the game and your objective is going for elite.
    I’m not brilliant (got gold 1 once, rest is gold 2 or gold 3) so my end goal for all the grinding is to get the best possible version of R9 (loved him as a player and as a card also)

I only started fifa for fifa 18, got the best version of R9 no problem, I was happy.

Fifa 19 - there was the introduction of icon moments and then they never gave the R9 moments sbc but I was still happy enough in the end to get him prime

Fifa 20 - icon sbc’s scrapped, icons massively inflated, grinded to get coins and had the 15mil on 2 occasions to get moments R9 twice but he was extinct most of the year.
    I could’ve got his prime for about 10m but it wasn’t the best version of him, went for moments Eusebio instead. Great player and all but I didn’t grow up watching him.
    I know cards like Ben yedder tots are superb and I had them but again, I didn’t grow up watching him, so when they removed my ability to complete my end goal I just said I’d leave the next game.
    Might seem silly but I need to have that target to motivate me.

That and just the general decline of decent player specific sbc’s.

Anyway, the starter squads are the best fun on fifa, when you’re genuinely delighted to pack a richarlison etc, so enjoy grinding and building the new squads :)

Haha no I def won’t be unless they do icon sbc’s. I need an end goal for the grind, people like you and osmosis are very good at the game and your objective is going for elite.
    I’m not brilliant (got gold 1 once, rest is gold 2 or gold 3) so my end goal for all the grinding is to get the best possible version of R9 (loved him as a player and as a card also)

I only started fifa for fifa 18, got the best version of R9 no problem, I was happy.

Fifa 19 - there was the introduction of icon moments and then they never gave the R9 moments sbc but I was still happy enough in the end to get him prime

Fifa 20 - icon sbc’s scrapped, icons massively inflated, grinded to get coins and had the 15mil on 2 occasions to get moments R9 twice but he was extinct most of the year.
    I could’ve got his prime for about 10m but it wasn’t the best version of him, went for moments Eusebio instead. Great player and all but I didn’t grow up watching him.
    I know cards like Ben yedder tots are superb and I had them but again, I didn’t grow up watching him, so when they removed my ability to complete my end goal I just said I’d leave the next game.
    Might seem silly but I need to have that target to motivate me.

That and just the general decline of decent player specific sbc’s.

Anyway, the starter squads are the best fun on fifa, when you’re genuinely delighted to pack a richarlison etc, so enjoy grinding and building the new squads :)

yup i 100% get this, it will take me a while to get top 100/30-0 as there is lots of things i need to improve on if im to even get to elite 2, but im already thinking of after that and registering to be verified to try qualify for events as otherwise once i get 30-0 i'll just be like meh completed it cant go further now, and i've no interest in battering people every weekend league for the first 15-20 weekend leagues when i get to the 30-0 point consistently as thats just not fun.

Def one of the things wrong atm is if im playing someone who's not that good i tend to play down to their level and fck around alot instead of just beating them and moving on. I might start up some fun youtube on the grind to 30-0 this year if any one has any interest in it will most likely be mostly saying ugh this guy is playing like a b1tch tho :D.

also if anyone wants to play friendlies and try to work on diff things to improve in game im up for that(on xbox).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Some of the confirmed icons for 21! Loving the looks of Torres and Eto’o

https://twitter.com/futdonk/status/1306648781681831942?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

yup i 100% get this, it will take me a while to get top 100/30-0 as there is lots of things i need to improve on if im to even get to elite 2, but im already thinking of after that and registering to be verified to try qualify for events as otherwise once i get 30-0 i'll just be like meh completed it cant go further now, and i've no interest in battering people every weekend league for the first 15-20 weekend leagues when i get to the 30-0 point consistently as thats just not fun.

Def one of the things wrong atm is if im playing someone who's not that good i tend to play down to their level and fck around alot instead of just beating them and moving on. I might start up some fun youtube on the grind to 30-0 this year if any one has any interest in it will most likely be mostly saying ugh this guy is playing like a b1tch tho :D.

also if anyone wants to play friendlies and try to work on diff things to improve in game im up for that(on xbox).

It's Top 200 this year. They've changed it because towards the end of Fifa 20 people were getting 30-0 and not getting Top 100 rewards as there were over 100 30-0s a few times on PS4.

Advertisement