Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Finished 15-14

Had started the day 12-12 so needed a crazy run to get above 14. TOTY Ronaldo dragged me to some easy wins but just left it to late to get it going.

Still, running a 4-3-1-2 now with him and Pele up front, and Kaka in behind and my god it's hilariously fun. Any of them get a sniff of goal, and its like playing Mystery Ball with a shooting boost.

whats your midfield 3 ? am 13-6 before today i should be able to get the 7 wins for g1 but given how its went so far i give it a 50/50 chance of bottling :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

chips1234 wrote: »
    whats your midfield 3 ? am 13-6 before today i should be able to get the 7 wins for g1 but given how its went so far i give it a 50/50 chance of bottling :D

Prime Zidane, Summer Heat Pogba, and Summer Heat Bruno. So lots of passing and shooting ability too :P

Prime Zidane, Summer Heat Pogba, and Summer Heat Bruno. So lots of passing and shooting ability too :P

do you find games high scoring quite alot ? also do the pogba animations of passing/shooting being so slow not annoy you ? :D then the chance of going to pens and having to take one with him and that stupid pen run up :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

do you find games high scoring quite alot ? also do the pogba animations of passing/shooting being so slow not annoy you ? :D then the chance of going to pens and having to take one with him and that stupid pen run up :D:D

That Pogba card annoys the crap out of me tbh. Was hoping it’d be a beast but it’s just clunky, even with a shadow. The sissoko one is much better and has the same links.

I tend to be way happier losing 5-4 than winning 1-0 :P

Joking aside, the trio are pretty solid defensively. With Pogba, I tend to leave him deeper than the other two, and just doing short passes. He can score the odd rocket, but most of the time I just let him lay off to someone else.

• Advertisement

I tend to be way happier losing 5-4 than winning 1-0 :P

Joking aside, the trio are pretty solid defensively. With Pogba, I tend to leave him deeper than the other two, and just doing short passes. He can score the odd rocket, but most of the time I just let him lay off to someone else.

haha, that pogba card could of been so much better if they wanted it to be, its not a bad card at all just feel like he doesnt get around the pitch enough, and as i said above his passing/shooting animation even his dribbling when he is turning because of whatever way they have the animation on him just makes it alot slower i think, i cant describe it good enough though. def 100% fun to use and just hit bangers all day with tho :D

anyways 95 arthur juve transfer card 83 squad looks a great card

edit: forgot to add kane has been decent for me so far 12 goals 10 assists in 14 games, havent used him every game but gonna use him for remainder of wl games tonight. has a cracking finesse shot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Tots varane from my 2nd 90+ player pick.

Makes up a little for my awful luck on icon sbc’s.

Icon sbc extended too plan over the next few days is to put every gold card I have into 82+
    From that into the 5 x 82+

Anything 82-85 can go into the 90+ player pick

Any higher fodder can then go into icon sbc’s

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

17-7 for the week, I’ve 6 games to go but couldn’t be arsed going for gold 1/elite.

Those 90+ player pick SBCs are fun, I’ve gotten Joe Gomez, Hummels, Vardy, Van De Beek and Giovinco from the 5 I’ve done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Kane seems like a nice card.
    I had gotten FS Mount from the 82-88 and used him for the HK objectives and he blew through them in 5 games. He played way above what his stats suggested that I'm tempted to keep him and drop Griezemann and Di Maria and use Felix, Mount, R94 with Kane up top if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Blazer wrote: »
    Kane seems like a nice card.
    I had gotten FS Mount from the 82-88 and used him for the HK objectives and he blew through them in 5 games. He played way above what his stats suggested that I'm tempted to keep him and drop Griezemann and Di Maria and use Felix, Mount, R94 with Kane up top if I can.

Had him for a while in a midfield 3 a few months ago and thought he was very good. But fut birthday griezmann displaced him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I swear. Totssf Smalling and Ramos CB. Dan James winning headers against them. Lose interest fast with that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Did another 82+ 5 rare pack and got a duplicate TOTSSF Busquets and 89 Future Stars Palacios - fired the whole lot into another 90+ player pick and one of the options was 99 TOTY Ronaldo - as I already had him and his TOTSSF card decided to take 92 Odegaard as I didn’t want a duplicate clogging up my unassigned and stop me from opening packs whilst I decide what to fire him into.

In reality should have taken Ronaldo as the highest rated fodder as probably not going to use Odegaard. Unbelievable really that In one Fifa I could have got a 99 version of Ronaldo three times!

bottled g1 losing on pens in last game, felt like i came up against the exact same person every game this weekend :D 3 times they message me saying that was a boring game, aye mate it tends to be when you've not attacked until the 80th minute and then go team press and score poxy goals. id say at least 70-75% of games were against people like this, one even saying i was playing drop back 1 depth despite having no shots on goal in first half and not attacking until he was a goal down in the 70th min.

one more weekend league left to try for elite.

Got Ramos (dupe) and Upamecano in the 92+

Threw him into the 90+ and was offered Smalling but I have his red so l picked Wan-Bissaka. I have a traceable version of him I can sell though.

The only 82s I have left in my club are Mata and Lingard. I do 3 82-88 packs hoping to get some fodder towards the 82+ 5 Rare packs and get Mata in 2 out of the 3. I open a Mega pack from squad battle rewards and who’s there - Mata of course so 3 out of 4 packs he’s there but at least the last one was tradable. Also got a duplicate TOTSSF Ginter from this pack

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

We meet again Mr Neymar.

B5-C8-F3-CC-5-E92-4282-8-F65-3-B780-F51-DF21.jpg

Repeatable 94+ tots player for 83 squad with 30 chem.

Between that, the 90+ player pick, the 2 x 92+ players and the icon moments sbc there’s plenty of options if you can still grind the 82+ and 5 x 82+ sbc’s :)

I'm really tempted to just pack suicide now, and then just recycle everything into the SBCs.

Like, I've packed TOTY Ronaldo and PIM Pele. I'm genuinely not sure if there's really much left for me to get in the game that will improve me now.

300k into packs.
    All fodder into the various SBCs.

What do ye reckon.

I'm really tempted to just pack suicide now, and then just recycle everything into the SBCs.

Like, I've packed TOTY Ronaldo and PIM Pele. I'm genuinely not sure if there's really much left for me to get in the game that will improve me now.

300k into packs.

What do ye reckon.

Do it!!!!!!

300k into packs.

What do ye reckon.

SEND IT !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

300k into packs.

What do ye reckon.

Too much hard work, have a beer and watch some crap international footy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

300k into packs.

What do ye reckon.

I’d love to see the results of this!

Do it! :D

Started with 220k. Just shy of 30 packs.

87 - 1
    86 - 0
    85 - 1
    84 - 0
    83 - 2
    82 - 5
    81 - 3
    80 - 15
    79 - 9
    78 - 10
    77 - 22
    76 - 18
    75 - 29

Specials: WR Areola, FS Emerson

Have a load of fitness cards and duplicates listed. Gonna sell off a load of my more valuable silvers and keep going tomorrow.

Do some ugprades now in the mean time...

Liamalone wrote: »
    Too much hard work, have a beer and watch some crap international footy :)

This is 100% my issue, it’s just too much hard work, doing the 82+ sbc’s and so on.

I still have over 4000 players in my club but every time I start doing these I get bored after 20 mins.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    This is 100% my issue, it’s just too much hard work, doing the 82+ sbc’s and so on.

I still have over 4000 players in my club but every time I start doing these I get bored after 20 mins.

4000 players - WOW and I thought I was a hoarder at 1500 :)-

Boulders8 wrote: »
    4000 players - WOW and I thought I was a hoarder at 1500 :)-

I know, and every year I just end the game with 1000’s of players. I’ve been trying to burn through the 82+ upgrades. I’d say I’m about halfway through the common gold now.

Not sure I’ll have the energy or patience to put the silvers into the gold upgrades though.

Trying to sort my fantasy football team before Friday too :) I used to be quite good at that before fifa took over in last 2 years, not getting fifa21 so want to get back into fantasy football properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I know, and every year I just end the game with 1000’s of players. I’ve been trying to burn through the 82+ upgrades. I’d say I’m about halfway through the common gold now.

Not sure I’ll have the energy or patience to put the silvers into the gold upgrades though.

Trying to sort my fantasy football team before Friday too :) I used to be quite good at that before fifa took over in last 2 years, not getting fifa21 so want to get back into fantasy football properly.

Good luck with the fantasy football! Play it semi-competitively with some friends... reading through the FPL subreddit the odd time and it just fries my brain and has me second-guessing myself :pac:

Also, for the SBCs, I got through about 2k players using the companion app and the squad builder function - gold, common, low to high was my filters and just submit the lot whilst watching tv.

Good luck with the fantasy football! Play it semi-competitively with some friends... reading through the FPL subreddit the odd time and it just fries my brain and has me second-guessing myself :pac:

Also, for the SBCs, I got through about 2k players using the companion app and the squad builder function - gold, common, low to high was my filters and just submit the lot whilst watching tv.

Thanks, I really enjoy fantasy football, it gives me such an interest in games I wouldn’t usually care about, me and my friends have a trophy and all for our mini leagues. Before I started playing fifa I won around 6 grand prize money from various money leagues over 8 seasons or so but the last 2 years I’ve slipped.

Ah nice on the companion app tip, I’ll give those filters a try while watching tv and try just burn through as much as I can :)

I’ve 2 million coins and over 3000 players, it’s so boring doing the 82-88 packs and player upgrades.

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I’ve 2 million coins and over 3000 players, it’s so boring doing the 82-88 packs and player upgrades.

It is, did a few 82+, then 3 x 90 player picks and a 94 totssf
    Got Alphonso davies, Henderson, telles and verratti.
    Pumped verratti and Henderson into icon sbc.

Out comes a duplicate lineker, so basically an hour to end up with a rubbish card.

Advertisement