Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

cintec wrote: »
    Got Kane done pretty easy in under 10 games and got TOTSSF Haland in one of the packs, is he any good or will I just use him as fodder.

I decided to try out telles and richarlison cards before trading them into an sbc and found them very good.

Got Kane out of the way last night as well although I had to endure a bit of a losing streak along the way as hadn’t played for a week. Also got enough points to get Bailly as well.

I got Haaland from the two 92+ Rare Gold SBC. I’ve only used him once (in a squad battle) to see what he was like and have to say I was a bit disappointed. Felt very clunky compared to TOTSSF Werner or the 95 Arp. Will reserve final judgement though until I can test him out online.

One weird thing about him though was I noticed he was the only player on the team who didn’t have his name on his shirt and the commentator never said his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

chips1234 wrote: »
    step overs/ball rolls/drag backs, also pass accuracy is telling at times too, if its on the lower side, you're gonna constantly not have possession because either rushing passes or trying too many risky passes/through balls but that is all patience as well imo its same on defence too if youre rushing players out of position constantly you're just gonna leave open space everywhere and make it easy for whoever youre against.

Thanks so much for this mate.

Went 5-0 this morning which is my best ever winning streak before I had to stop. Typical when I was on such a good run! :pac:

I’m finding your advice about patience and not being afraid to go backwards or sideways very helpful. Even when I’ve gone a goal down or the opposition have equalised I’m trying to keep the head and stay patient. Every single one of the players I played this morning seemed to get frustrated and pull a CDM out of position when I do that which often frees up my AM’s (TOTY Nominee Neymar, TOTSSF Son and TOTSSF Atal) in great positions.

Hopefully I’ll get another few hours in this evening to see if I can keep it going :)

Tried another 82+ 5 Rare Gold Players pack

TOTSSF 92 Edouard ST
    TOTSSF 92 Gabriel CM

An 83 and a couple of 82’s - will fire them back in for another go.

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Tried another 82+ 5 Rare Gold Players pack

TOTSSF 92 Edouard ST
    TOTSSF 92 Gabriel CM

An 83 and a couple of 82’s - will fire them back in for another go.

That’s what I did for about 12 packs - just kept recycling what I got back into another go.

Best pull in terms of card usability was TOTSSF Kroos.

I think I’ve exhausted them now though. Last few have been very poor and I haven’t seen anyone online pack a real top tier level card from them so I doubt there’s much of a chance of getting a Neymar/Mbappe etc in them (not that there ever is!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

BrentMused wrote: »
    Thanks so much for this mate.

Went 5-0 this morning which is my best ever winning streak before I had to stop. Typical when I was on such a good run! :pac:

I’m finding your advice about patience and not being afraid to go backwards or sideways very helpful. Even when I’ve gone a goal down or the opposition have equalised I’m trying to keep the head and stay patient. Every single one of the players I played this morning seemed to get frustrated and pull a CDM out of position when I do that which often frees up my AM’s (TOTY Nominee Neymar, TOTSSF Son and TOTSSF Atal) in great positions.

Hopefully I’ll get another few hours in this evening to see if I can keep it going :)

It's just about getting used to what situations and player actions results in your opponent players getting "locked in" to certain animations. By that I mean you know the times when your opponent plays a through ball and your centre half rushes towards the passer instead of tracking the runner, even though you're in control of the centre half and telling him not to track? Those are the things that certain passing combinations and skill moves trigger and render your opponent unable to defend as well affecting the AI logic as they attempt to switch player i.e. the L1 "auto-switch" won't go to the most logical player closest to the one in possession unless you manually switch with the thumb stick and means by the time they press L1 enough times to switch to that player it's already too late.

All that said, there's no accounting for game flow every time. Sometimes it's with you and you're flying and other times no matter what you do you will concede. Keeping possession and using skill moves combats it to a certain degree but it's boring as ****. Luck plays a large role imo when it comes to difference between G2 and Elite in WL so don't get too hung up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

2 more icon sbc’s done

Lehmann and Makélélé

Ugh, think I used up my pack luck earlier in the game with fb mbappe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

put in MVB, Suarez and a few others into the moments and another goddamn striker Wright.

Got Figo, anyone used him? Guessing he's not up to much.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Got Figo, anyone used him? Guessing he's not up to much.

I liked him. He sprinting is broken as you think he's not going to get away from people but with his custom sprint he does. Makes a fanastic cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It's just about getting used to what situations and player actions results in your opponent players getting "locked in" to certain animations. By that I mean you know the times when your opponent plays a through ball and your centre half rushes towards the passer instead of tracking the runner, even though you're in control of the centre half and telling him not to track? Those are the things that certain passing combinations and skill moves trigger and render your opponent unable to defend as well affecting the AI logic as they attempt to switch player i.e. the L1 "auto-switch" won't go to the most logical player closest to the one in possession unless you manually switch with the thumb stick and means by the time they press L1 enough times to switch to that player it's already too late.

All that said, there's no accounting for game flow every time. Sometimes it's with you and you're flying and other times no matter what you do you will concede. Keeping possession and using skill moves combats it to a certain degree but it's boring as ****. Luck plays a large role imo when it comes to difference between G2 and Elite in WL so don't get too hung up on it.

i dont think ive ever looked into the "locked in" stuff but i def know what youre talking about as obv noticed it, its very rare i use LB to switch now most of the time its out of lazyness. the game flow thing i find the most annoying especially when its v someone who you know is a silver1 player or something and you beat them all day everyday except this one game in weekend league.

edit: actually that game flow thing happens all the time in drafts imo they are possibly the most rigged thing ive ever seen at times :D

In saying that i find most games i lose now its pretty much mostly on me playing ****e and making mistakes. ended yesterday 7-3 which is my worst start in weeks, 1 connection mess up and the other 2 was down to me playing terrible and my own fault for getting 3 games in after watching nba playoffs.

• Advertisement

Out of interest what is the best card you guys have pulled from Weekend League rewards in FIFA 20 and what rank did it come from?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

BrentMused wrote: »
    Out of interest what is the best card you guys have pulled from Weekend League rewards in FIFA 20 and what rank did it come from?

I'd say TOTSSF Aubamyang for me. I'm not sure if he was the most valuable in terms of coins or not, but he's hands down the best striker I've used this year. Or at least, he's the one who most matches my style of play. Every now and again, I'll try other strikers but always end up flocking back to him.

14 wins, that weekend. Got TOTSSF Rashford in my other pack too, so was very happy that weekend.

tots verrati and tots david i think are mine for g1 i think, cant even remember others. jsut played a guy who was literally playing for pens has 3 shots 2 goals just sitting back both cdms stay back when attacking drop back 1 depth beat him 3-2 in ET after losing 2nd game of the day like a gimp, 9-4 and looking like i'll struggle to get g1 this week

HOLY **** ! TOTY messi from the 90+ player pick :D:D

**** I have to do it now :D

choice of totssf Veratti, Griezeman or base Modric.
    Would have been happy with Grizeman but have him already so Veratti it is.
    Meh.

Duplicate Kroos, duplicate Smalling, and AWB.

Yup.

at least its repeatable lads :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Parejo, David and Telles for me - went with Telles, not too bad. I’ll only do the one though as I struggled to get the players for it.

HOLY **** ! TOTY messi from the 90+ player pick :D:D

Great pull - no such luck for me - TOTSSF Veratti, the other two options were duplicateS TOTSSF Ginter and Headliners Saul.

Still at least it’s repeatable to the pathway is 82-88 Rated Rare - 82+ 5 Rated Rare - 90+ Player Pick, will keep me busy

Great pull - no such luck for me - TOTSSF Veratti, the other two options were duplicateS TOTSSF Ginter and Headliners Saul.

Still at least it’s repeatable to the pathway is 82-88 Rated Rare - 82+ 5 Rated Rare - 90+ Player Pick, will keep me busy

scraped together enough to do another and got toty de jong

• Advertisement

scraped together enough to do another and got toty de jong

I did another one too - TOTSFF Ben Yedder - I call that a win :) the other options were duplicates TOTSFF Busquets and Mandanda

I did another one too - TOTSFF Ben Yedder - I call that a win :) the other options were duplicates TOTSFF Busquets and Mandanda

Congrats! Best ST in the game. 250~ goals, 210 games, 60~ assists for me.

4-2 tonight (editing here as played a couple more since my initial post) with the two defeats both late in extra time. Gutting way to lose. I’d rather be hammered.

Sick to death of fúcking loan icons like Pele popping up with 30 yard screamers though. Why they are allowed in Weekend League is beyond me.

12-6 all in so far. Won’t get much chance to play tomorrow so I’ll probably stop when I hit the 14.

After trying out many of the top rated GK’s over the last few days I think Ter Stegen does seem to be relatively the best. He’s the first GK I’ve used apart from RTTF Lloris that bails me out the odd time.

Had one go at that 90+ player pick SBC. Headliners Sterling was the best rated and best card so I took him. Don’t have much fodder at all now so even getting an 83 rated squad is a struggle. I might wait until rewards on Thursday and use the fodder from that to have another few goes.

Ooh, first moments icon I did - Essien. Not half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Stopped at 11 wins last week got nothing major.

Am 4-4 this weekend but I won't have time to finish it out or even get close to 11. Might fit one or two later. I've never hit the 30 games in the 3 days.

oKZXKUN.png

Got the 14 wins but it took me 6 more games, going 14-10 all in.

Man, Roberto Carlos is money with free kicks. I’ve scored a few with him since I pulled him in an Icon SBC, but he scored two thirty yard bullets in one game for me just there!

Aim at the top corner, full power, and hold down for the down spin and it’s almost a guaranteed goal.

Done two more this morning, Oblak again and Vela

Is there a pause/quit glitch with penalties?

Playing a guy earlier - 0-0, about 10 minutes gone, about to take a penalty and he pauses. I take my penalty which is just about to hit the back of the net as his keeper was just stood in the middle and the game goes to the “disconnected, we’ll check etc etc” screen. Goes to the main screen and it’s like the game never happened! :(

Now don’t get me wrong I bottled G2 as I lost my last four games when needing only 1 more win, but the above is very annoying as that would have been the win for me to get G2.

16-14 all in. So disappointed not to get the last win I needed with 4 attempts.

• Advertisement

Finished 15-14

Had started the day 12-12 so needed a crazy run to get above 14. TOTY Ronaldo dragged me to some easy wins but just left it to late to get it going.

Still, running a 4-3-1-2 now with him and Pele up front, and Kaka in behind and my god it's hilariously fun. Any of them get a sniff of goal, and its like playing Mystery Ball with a shooting boost.

Advertisement