Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just use the web app..its miles better and faster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hummels from a 90+ player pick
    Handanovic from 82+ pack

So far.

Probably pump both back in somewhere.

I’m just using the squad builders to churn through stuff now. Sold off as many silvers as I could. No interest in pricing golds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Did two of the 90+ player pick SBC's.

TOTSSF Busquets first up so I threw him back in again and got TOTSSF Sancho next.

Meh. Sancho would have been perfect if I was still running my Bundesliga team though.

Paulinho from the 94. Again, meh.

Looking forward to rewards tomorrow to throw everything I get back into having another couple of goes of each.

Mbappe or Ben Yedder would be the dream for my Ligue 1 squad! :pac:

90+ Player Picks
    TOTY Ronaldo
    TOTS Hummels
    TOTS SMS
    TOTS Benzema
    TOTS Aued
    TOTS Sommer
    TOTS Son

82+ Pack
    TOTS Handanovic

81+ Double Pack
    TOTS Henderson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Lord TSC wrote: »
    90+ Player Picks
    TOTY Ronaldo
    TOTS Hummels
    TOTS SMS
    TOTS Benzema
    TOTS Aued
    TOTS Sommer
    TOTS Son

82+ Pack
    TOTS Handanovic

81+ Double Pack
    TOTS Henderson

Is that the only ones you did or is that a selection? Not bad going

• Advertisement

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Is that the only ones you did or is that a selection? Not bad going

That’s all I’ve done. Ronaldo on Sunday, all the rest today and yesterday.

Handy and Henderson were present surprises when I was just going for general 82s to do the other SBCs.

That’s all I’ve done. Ronaldo on Sunday, all the rest today and yesterday.

Handy and Henderson were present surprises when I was just going for general 82s to do the other SBCs.

Impressive return from those last two in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Club drained even more for a few more packs... De Vrij, Thiago Silva and Griezmann the results of my TOTS packs.

88 Bentancur and 86 scream Payet from the 82-88 upgrade packs too, which was pretty nice.

Looking forward to some rivals rewards to give my club a top-up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Sound of ea to schedule maintenance at rewards time haha

Immobile and Sommer as my reds. Great fodder :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

G2 Red rewards:

95 Ter Stegen (dupe)
    87 Doyle
    93 Sergio Busquets
    93 Lala

90 Slimani
    88 Andre
    90 Brandt
    85 Nakagawa

Not playing WL this week and after those rewards why should I.

Will throw them into another couple of 94+'s which have been awful for me so far. I've done about 10 and mainly getting 94-95, best I got was Ilicic.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Not playing WL this week and after those rewards why should I.

I'll be playing but mainly so I can use TOTY Ronaldo for a full one. Rewards are an after thought now.

I'll be playing but mainly so I can use TOTY Ronaldo for a full one. Rewards are an after thought now.

I've used him up front for the last 3-4 weekend leagues, I love him. Just try keep him on his right foot or you'll hit the post/miss a lot of chances!

Only made 8 wins in WL last week time issues and rank 2 rivals rewards. I got 88 Leno in WL rewards. Nothing from packs.

Rank 2 rivals rewards took the packs, best was winter refresh 85 bernat. Honestly, if that's all that's coming from 8 packs I don't have much interest in this anymore. Would have been nice to pick up one top end player or a couple 90+ fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did 2 x 90 picks.
    First one gave me Vardy , Toty De Light (cb) so had to pick him.
    Next one gave me RB Cuardro. Sweet.

Best red picks from G3 rewards were Veratti (95) and some Colombian RB, Munoz or something (89). Decent fodder.

Got nothing really from the packs from either WL or Rivals except TOTSSF Fernandez (untradeable).

I did get a good bit of lower 80 rated fodder too so used everything to have a few goes at the 90+ picks, recycling whoever I got back in for another go to top the squad rating up.

Best options were:

1) Ter Stegen (duplicate)
    2) Oblak
    3) Szczęsny
    4) Smalling
    5) Reus

Very underwhelming.

I probably have enough to scrape one more together at most so I might give it a go tonight.

No WL for me this weekend as I'm out Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

96 hummels and 93 busquets from rivals, I look forward to turning them into gheorgi hagi later on!

BrentMused wrote: »
    I probably have enough to scrape one more together at most so I might give it a go tonight.

TOTY Alexander-Arnold.

Doesn't fit my starting team at all but I'm very tempted to sub him on as a stay back CDM alongside Flashback Matuidi.

On paper he looks awesome in that role with an anchor chemistry style.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    96 hummels and 93 busquets from rivals, I look forward to turning them into gheorgi hagi later on!

You're sticking to the PIM packs over the 90+ packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Played a game of Rivals for the first time in a while last night and just got a bit sick of it. Switched to Seasons instead for a change and loved it. Partly because your destroying players starting in the lower divisions! Good practice for the new game though using 3 star squads, it actually makes the game more enjoyable rather than using and coming up against God squads every game.

• Advertisement

You're sticking to the PIM packs over the 90+ packs?

Mixing it up but yeah mostly sticking to icons, I just feel my luck has to change. I’ve done 7 more since I posted the list of 20 here and they were

Overmars
    Pires
    Vieiri
    Laudrup
    Kaka (duplicate)
    Ruud (duplicate)
    Lineker (duplicate)

I know I should give up as out of 27 the only 3 that I’d consider good are kaka, drogba & Sócrates (maybe nedved too)

But I’ve gone this far into them I feel Murphy’s law says I have to get a big player soon.
    Can probably do 3-5 more out of coins I have left and players I’m willing to sacrifice

I know you got lucky with zidane but I think they’re really awful value, but still can’t help doing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Not the greatest rewards this morning... 4x 15k packs and 2x 35k packs with only an 84 and 83 to show for it.

Did one more TOTS pack, bloody Kostic :pac: haven’t gotten many over 94 rated. Might try the 90+ pick as people seem to have better luck with that.

Edit: also seems the upgrades have been extended

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

tots carvajal and tots ginter red picks for me, did get tots ter stegen in a prime gold players pack tho from rivals :D other than that few headliners etc

TOTY Alexander-Arnold.

Doesn't fit my starting team at all but I'm very tempted to sub him on as a stay back CDM alongside Flashback Matuidi.

On paper he looks awesome in that role with an anchor chemistry style.
    Who do you play at LB?
    Mixing it up but yeah mostly sticking to icons, I just feel my luck has to change. I’ve done 7 more since I posted the list of 20 here and they were

Overmars
    Pires
    Vieiri
    Laudrup
    Kaka (duplicate)
    Ruud (duplicate)
    Lineker (duplicate)

I know I should give up as out of 27 the only 3 that I’d consider good are kaka, drogba & Sócrates (maybe nedved too)

But I’ve gone this far into them I feel Murphy’s law says I have to get a big player soon.
    Can probably do 3-5 more out of coins I have left and players I’m willing to sacrifice

I know you got lucky with zidane but I think they’re really awful value, but still can’t help doing them!
    I keep saying that with these 94+ ones! I did manage to get Aguero today but still none of the big ones yet.

Who do you play at LB?

I keep saying that with these 94+ ones! I did manage to get Aguero today but still none of the big ones yet.

Aguero is still pretty decent, anything I’ve got from 94+ is just absolute fodder.

I got varane from the 90+ player pick. That’s by far my best from these upgrades.

Who do you play at LB?

Prime Icon Roberto Carlos.

He’s handy as he links perfectly to Neymar (who I switch to CAM in-game) and his free kicks anywhere near the box are virtually a guaranteed goal for me now.

Yeah, I stopped after Pele and Kaka cause I know there's no chance I'll better them. I'd kill for Gullet too, but can't see me being that lucky.

I'm running the 90+ ones cause at least it gives me a choice from 3, so I can avoid dupes or "bad" picks.

Aguero is still pretty decent, anything I’ve got from 94+ is just absolute fodder.

I got varane from the 90+ player pick. That’s by far my best from these upgrades.
    Oh I know, I played a couple of games with him during my lunch (wfh has it's benefits) and he has 3G 2A in 2 games. He was the player I bought back when he first came out that got my my first G2 in WL. I'm not enjoying Kane so out he goes in my Prem team.
    Prime Icon Roberto Carlos.

He’s handy as he links perfectly to Neymar (who I switch to CAM in-game) and his free kicks anywhere near the box are virtually a guaranteed goal for me now.

I swap my LB Mendy with Matuidi in game to CDM but I don't think Roberto Carlos has a great WF? May be worth trying him out as Matuidi does a great job at LB.

Updated list of pulls while stripping the club. Still nothing massive really.

90+ Player Picks
    TOTY Ronaldo
    TOTS Hummels
    TOTS SMS
    TOTS Benzema
    TOTS Aued
    TOTS Sommer
    TOTS Son
    TOTS Pozuelo
    TOTS Thiago Silva
    TOTS Szczesny
    TOTS Aouar