Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Does 48 allow you to check your call history? Can't find it!

No but your phone should.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

I got a free SIM to try out, seems a little slower than GoMo in Cork city centre. My phone is dual sim so these are from the same place a few mins apart.

GoMo:
    526505.jpg

48:
    526506.jpg

I've tried it a few times & GoMo has always come out on top in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭podge3

Just joined 48.

The port went smoothly enough, but I can't buy a membership - getting some error about already having a bundle.

I contacted Help via chat and the rep deleted the bundle that came with the SIM. Told me to give it 2 hours and try again, which I have and it's still not working.

Strange way to start out with new customers i.e they won't take your money ��

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

podge3 wrote: »
    Just joined 48.

The port went smoothly enough, but I can't buy a membership - getting some error about already having a bundle.

I contacted Help via chat and the rep deleted the bundle that came with the SIM. Told me to give it 2 hours and try again, which I have and it's still not working.

They are having log in IT problems at present I believe. They are aware of it.

I’m 4 hours on this package now in Dublin city and north Dublin and I can confirm reception is like night and day when compared to GoMo in my use case.

48 are miles ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,276 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Sorry you are not allowed to purchase memberships, since you have a Bundle in progress

whats the story with this? tried to sign up yesterday, no idea if i have or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Just tried to order a sim for the third time.
    Looks like after i enter my eircode the address that comes back is missing the town.
    It doesnt let me correct the address. If I try to correct it it greys out the submit button and i cant order.
    Anyone else have this? They should let you at least put in the correct address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just tried to order a sim for the third time.
    Looks like after i enter my eircode the address that comes back is missing the town.
    It doesnt let me correct the address. If I try to correct it it greys out the submit button and i cant order.
    Anyone else have this? They should let you at least put in the correct address.

If you're house is numbered then this won't work but if you have a non-unique address then try entering a few eircodes from your vicinity and you might just hit on the correct address. The eircode is not printed on the address label.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭podge3

podge3 wrote: »
    Just joined 48.

Sorted now, contacted Help a second time and the issue was fixed for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

opus wrote: »
    I got a free SIM to try out, seems a little slower than GoMo in Cork city centre. My phone is dual sim so these are from the same place a few mins apart.

Same for my area, west Dublin, where I'm finding GoMo better than 48.
    In fact 48 has only been the same or worse, but never better than GoMo. And when GoMo is better it can be like 20x faster (might have been an area near an Eir mast). I've also noticed bad latency on 48/Three (not good if you need for mobile gaming). Also worse upload speed on 48 compared to GoMo. This might suggest network congestion?

Anyhow horses for courses, some may experience the complete opposite!

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    whats the story with this? tried to sign up yesterday, no idea if i have or not

Did you order a SIM card?

Gumbo wrote: »
    I’m 4 hours on this package now in Dublin city and north Dublin and I can confirm reception is like night and day when compared to GoMo in my use case.

Which is night and which is day? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Any one have problems with porting?
    I put in a request on Saturday for the port and it still hasnt happened and the webchat are useless. They have done an escalation which they say will take 5 days.
    Great deal but probably wont bother with this hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

Are the minutes only for mobile or landline as well as I can't find it looking on my mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭bassy

loki7777 wrote: »
    Are the minutes only for mobile or landline as well as I can't find it looking on my mobile.

Both

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

DopeTech wrote: »
    No but your phone should.

Duh! By that measure no provider would give you lists of calls. Some people have uses for call listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

Trying to port over to Eir temporarily after receiving free sim in post, then port back to 48 for this offer.

However there is no option for 48 as current network when using Eir's online porting function.
    Currently on hold to Eir and going to see if they can port me over on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Have 5 of these sims at home ordered months ago. I thought they would be handy for Vodafone regular porting offers or just spares. I was on 48 and moved back to VF nearly 2 months ago. I thought the fiver extra for Vodafone signal reliability would be worth it, but in truth I've never had an issue with 48 previously. €12 a month is a bit more significant though!!

Could I use one of those sims to port back over to get this deal when my monthly top up runs out next week? Or are there restrictions with previous customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

Duh! By that measure no provider would give you lists of calls. Some people have uses for call listings.

I dont think any prepay providers give you that info m8, I think thats only on bill pay as you get an actual/online bill with the calls and texts breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Hadn't heard of this crowd, sounds like this is a better deal than GoMo? Anyone switched over, had any issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Could I use one of those sims to port back over to get this deal when my monthly top up runs out next week? Or are there restrictions with previous customers

You'll need to use a different login or else ask 48 to delete your old account.

wiz569 wrote: »
    I dont think any prepay providers give you that info m8, I think thats only on bill pay as you get an actual/online bill with the calls and texts breakdown.

Tesco Mobile hence my question. I wouldn't consider that bill pay as you top up whenever you want. (Open to correction given I was callling gomo prepay yesterday :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Ten Pin wrote: »
    You'll need to use a different login or else ask 48 to delete your old account.

Might create a spam email address and throw it there. Cheers.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Which is night and which is day? :confused:

Apologies.

48 way ahead in terms of reception and data speed.
    Mom getting calls and texts at home in the same “home office” (kitchen table) that I had no signal with GoMo yesterday.

Dublin 11 based.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

Tesco Mobile hence my question. I wouldn't consider that bill pay as you top up whenever you want. (Open to correction given I was callling gomo prepay yesterday :) )

Oh really! Hmm maybe I'm wrong so m8,it wouldnt be the first time :)

In my limited experience when I was with 48 there was no breakdown of calls/texts etc and now with GoMo there is as i receive a bill.

wiz569 wrote: »
    Oh really! Hmm maybe I'm wrong so m8,it wouldnt be the first time :)

In my limited experience when I was with 48 there was no breakdown of calls/texts etc and now with GoMo there is as i receive a bill.

526535.png

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Vodafone payg also give calls text and data usage on the app

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Anyone here able to give a comparison of GoMo vs 48 for data speeds around the UCD area?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

GoMo advertises the 12.99 plan as being that price for life, I can't see any similar condition on the 48 site or am I just missing it? No point switching if it's going to end up more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks, for the €7.99 deal, is it possible to sign up with direct debit or have the funds taken automatically, or do you have to set a reminder or top up in some way, thus requiring extra work each month than say Gomo where you just get a bill each month and the amount taken from your bank a few days later?

Also, are bills provided? Is the VAT displayed on the bills?

Given that it's a subsidiary of 3, is it possible to go into a 3 store to resolive any issues, or would that just be for service direct with 3?

So €7.99 for life sounds good and even better if any of the above are the case.

Advertisement