Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

nix wrote: »
    Dont think theres much to worry about spoiler wise in games like these :pac:

Ha, fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

DeS is easier than DS. So many of the bosses are gimmick fights. The atmosphere in DeS is amazing though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Demon’s Souls PS3 to PS5 Comparison Shots https://imgur.com/gallery/gAXCWsN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Id like to see a proper co-op function this time round. I dont care for the boss side of these games and more often than not ill summon help.
    I think a proper system to play side by side with a friend would work really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

weiland79 wrote: »

Are they remaking it completely? I thought it was just gonna be a HD polish, those screenshots look amazing, so much so i doubt thats what we will get... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

nix wrote: »
    Are they remaking it completely? I thought it was just gonna be a HD polish, those screenshots look amazing, so much so i doubt thats what we will get... :(

It's Bluepoint Games, look at the Shadow of the Colossus remake to see what they're capable of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bluepoint can work tech miracles - such as their 360 Titanfall port - so very good cause to believe this will be impressive.

The only thing is that, like SotC, their work is so major that it can ignite a few debates over whether they’ve compromised the look / tone of the original in the process. As technically astonishing and lovingly crafted as SotC is, it does lose some of the unique look of the PS2 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭mrm

weiland79 wrote: »

Is there any confirmation what these remake shots are taken from - in game development shots? The originals have a HUD; the remake shots do not. The originals show the character with different weapons and stance; all of the remake shots show the character with the same weapons/ shield, same stance, same head angle (no matter the direction of focal point) - photoshop'd in dare I suggest. Original look like gameplay camera angle; remake shots don't. Is this original in game shots vs high quality concept art shots? Would be a tad unfair if so! Will the PS5 even be capable of improving on the originals graphics or will this be watchdogs all over again?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

All those comparison shots are from the first few minutes of the game with the knight starting class. They all have the fluted armour, longsword, and kite shield but in one of the original game shots he has the sword in a two handed grip. You couldn't turn off the HUD in DeS, you can in more modern gamed like DS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭mrm

Evade wrote: »
    All those comparison shots are from the first few minutes of the game with the knight starting class. They all have the fluted armour, longsword, and kite shield but in one of the original game shots he has the sword in a two handed grip. You couldn't turn off the HUD in DeS, you can in more modern gamed like DS3.

But do the remake shots look more like composition shots - different view angles, particularly the third one with the camera on the ground? Are they from a cutscene/ transition shot? Anyway, I suppose it is a pointless comparison if they seek to convey that the remake will be graphically better than the original (as with any remake), no more so when it is Demon Souls as the subject. Not a tough task. Replicating the atmosphere - now that's a different story (johnny_ultimates has pointed this out and it is a key aspect - the original was grimy,
    they better not 'sanitise' Valley of Defilement
    ).

Not sure are we spoiler tagging in this thread -
    On another point in the thread I liked the nexus and the world stones structure, particularly the sense of dejection from all of the character dialogues within each nexus visit. Really conveyed the perception that you were the sole hope for healing this world, the lone hero. Wonder will the 6th archstone be complete or DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Not played DS before. Please tell me I'll be the guy on the left :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Not played DS before. Please tell me I'll be the guy on the left :-)

If you flip the photo upside down....then yes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Anyone reckon this might get a PC release?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope so. But not a snowball's chance in hell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I hope so. But not a snowball's chance in hell.

Any particular reason?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any particular reason?

Sony own the IP. It would be like Uncharted coming to PC.

It has happened but I don't see them doing it with this game considering it's probably the one big game Sony will have for the PS5 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Any particular reason?

I think Sony and From own the IP so not in Sonys interest for it to be on other platforms.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Original plays quite well on PS3 emulator if you want. 4K 60fps no problem.

fiendwYl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Death Stranding is coming to PC
    Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC

There will be more, sony knows it needs to do so to stay in the picture, Microsoft have showed their hand on how they will release most games on pc with play anywhere and when xcloud becomes part of Gamepass, PC users will be able to stream any xbox title via the service on PC and other devices, get the games on xbox or the windows 10 versions via a netflix type subscription. Sony just don't have the cloud backend (PSN is AWS and amazon want to do their own thing, why PSN may come to Microsoft Azure, *ps now is just mostly old games) to release such a service and only thing they can do for now is see PC for what it is, further revenue and another avenue of progress as the line between PC and console gets fader by the gen.

* PS now uses actual ps3 and ps4 server racks while microsoft will upgrade xcloud racks all to use series x racks, which can play 3 generations of games in the one aving money and boost upgrading standing older gen games on the fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

As far as I know this won't be on the PS4 , just the PS5. This along with Zero Dawn are pretty good launch titles. Big Souls fan and Demons is the only one I haven't played , so ill be tempted to buy a P55 sometime around its release.

BruteStock wrote: »
    As far as I know this won't be on the PS4 , just the PS5. This along with Zero Dawn are pretty good launch titles. Big Souls fan and Demons is the only one I haven't played , so ill be tempted to buy a P55 sometime around its release.

HZD isn't out until 2021.

Demon Souls coming to PC according to the slide shown on the PS5 showcase this evening.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Demon Souls coming to PC according to the slide shown on the PS5 showcase this evening.

Don't get the auld hopes up please.

Could well be coming to PC, but no guarantee it will coincide with the PS5 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

4:18
    Not available on other consoles for a limited time. Also available on PC

Well, the sole PS exclusive I was interested is now on PC....0 interest for me with the new console now.

The way it's worded makes it sound like it's coming to Xbox as well.

Nah, the forthcoming 4K Switch :pac:

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The way it's worded makes it sound like it's coming to Xbox as well.

Which has me thinking it might be a mistake.

Would be awesome to get it on pc.

Means the entire souls catalogue will be preserved forever.

Advertisement