Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

PSNI 18 Recruitment Waiting Room

1456810

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭ NornIron74


    G18 wrote: »
    Finally....after what has felt like a lifetime, I can now join you guys here. Got my vetting cleared today, which is all that I was waiting on.

    Congratulations, I bet that was a nice feeling to see that vetting pass email. What is your rough ML range?


  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ✭✭✭ G18


    NornIron74 wrote: »
    Congratulations, I bet that was a nice feeling to see that vetting pass email. What is your rough ML range?

    Thanks. Was quite a feeling yea. Was waiting 9 months for it, so I emailed them on Monday for an update. Then got that email this morning.

    Now for more waiting for “The Call”. ML 870-910


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 8,656 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Shield


    Congratulations! Prepare for a life less ordinary.


    G18 wrote: »
    Thanks. Was quite a feeling yea. Was waiting 9 months for it, so I emailed them on Monday for an update. Then got that email this morning.

    Now for more waiting for “The Call”. ML 870-910


  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ✭✭✭ G18


    Shield wrote: »
    Congratulations! Prepare for a life less ordinary.

    Thanks!! Haha. Fear and excitement mixed together now.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭ NornIron74


    Updated

    Nhs2018 - 200-220 ML
    G18 - 870-910 ML
    NornIron74 - 880-900 ML
    First_timer10 - 890-910 ML
    Sms19 - 890-910 ML


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭ NornIron74


    Calls are currently going out, got mine for November


  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ Tashbash


    I got a call too


  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ SMS19


    Tashbash wrote: »
    I got a call too

    Got mine also 👌


  • Registered Users Posts: 20 ✭✭✭ Pcjobless


    SMS19 wrote: »
    Got mine also 👌

    Where are you’d in the merit list


  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ✭✭✭ lmcg1106


    More today do we reckon? Appointable as well


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭ NornIron74


    lmcg1106 wrote: »
    More today do we reckon? Appointable as well

    I think they will continue for the rest of the week, what's your rough ML?


  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ✭✭✭ lmcg1106


    In the 700s, fingers crossed for this week


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭ NornIron74


    lmcg1106 wrote: »
    In the 700s, fingers crossed for this week

    I'm at least 100 below you on ML and got my call yesterday so don't see why you wouldn't get one.


  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ Tashbash


    lmcg1106 wrote: »
    In the 700s, fingers crossed for this week
    Yeah there was higher merit lists than you that made the last set of calls so if you don’t get one ring recruitment and see why


  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭✭ Homerj2019


    Anyone nervous about failing the exams and possibly being out of a job? That’s my main concern. I’ve been told that it’s difficult enough, others say that they are supportive in getting you through it. Thoughts?


  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ SMS19


    Homerj2019 wrote: »
    Anyone nervous about failing the exams and possibly being out of a job? That’s my main concern. I’ve been told that it’s difficult enough, others say that they are supportive in getting you through it. Thoughts?

    I'm more nervous about hating it and regretting leaving my current job.

    I think all the staff at GV want to see everyone pass so the support will be there but we just need to put in the work.

    Are you waiting on a call or have you a start date?


  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭✭ Homerj2019


    SMS19 wrote: »
    I'm more nervous about hating it and regretting leaving my current job.

    I think all the staff at GV want to see everyone pass so the support will be there but we just need to put in the work.

    Are you waiting on a call or have you a start date?


    I’m waiting on a call. 800-900ml. I’m probably in the same boat as you. I’m happy enough where I am at the minute too.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭ NornIron74


    Regarding exams as far as I know if you fail an exam you get the opportunity to resit it, if you fail the resit then chances are you will be backcoursed.
    Homer have you been appointable long, as there are people below you on the ML you have received a call for this intake?


  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭✭ Homerj2019


    NornIron74 wrote: »
    Regarding exams as far as I know if you fail an exam you get the opportunity to resit it, if you fail the resit then chances are you will be backcoursed.
    Homer have you been appointable long, as there are people below you on the ML you have received a call for this intake?


    Haven’t received a call. I’m dreading it to be honest, I haven’t made my mind up yet. Passed vetting in June.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭✭ Homerj2019


    NornIron74 wrote: »
    Regarding exams as far as I know if you fail an exam you get the opportunity to resit it, if you fail the resit then chances are you will be backcoursed.
    Homer have you been appointable long, as there are people below you on the ML you have received a call for this intake?

    I passed my vetting in June. Haven’t received a call. Dreading it to be honest I haven’t made up my mind


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭ NornIron74


    Homerj2019 wrote: »
    I passed my vetting in June. Haven’t received a call. Dreading it to be honest I haven’t made up my mind

    The length of time appointable must come into it, as both myself and sms who are lower down the ML got calls but then we have been appointable since March/April.


  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ✭✭✭ lmcg1106


    I will see you fine folk in Nov ��


  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ SMS19


    lmcg1106 wrote: »
    I will see you fine folk in Nov ��

    Congratulations, it won't be long coming round now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Higs95


    lmcg1106 wrote: »
    I will see you fine folk in Nov ��

    First time posting here, is there still calls going out? I’ve been appointable for a few months but I’m 910-940 so I’m probably just out of reach, can’t help but be hopeful still lol


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭ NornIron74


    Higs95 wrote: »
    First time posting here, is there still calls going out? I’ve been appointable for a few months but I’m 910-940 so I’m probably just out of reach, can’t help but be hopeful still lol

    Yes calls are still going out today, fingers crossed for you mate


  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ Ponif


    Feels a bit surreal, did my first application in 2017 and I finally got the call today be seeing you lot soon I imagine ****ting bricks but feels damn good to finally have a foot in the door.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭ NornIron74


    Ponif wrote: »
    Feels a bit surreal, did my first application in 2017 and I finally got the call today be seeing you lot soon I imagine ****ting bricks but feels damn good to finally have a foot in the door.

    Oh nice well done, calls are still going out this week then. What is your rough ML?


  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ Ponif


    NornIron74 wrote: »
    Oh nice well done, calls are still going out this week then. What is your rough ML:mad:?
    220-240, feels like a lifetime since I've done my PCA


  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ SMS19


    Congratulations!
    This intake seem to be a little messed up. I got the call early last week and I'm a good 650+ below you on the ML. Have you been appointable long?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ Ponif


    I've been appointable for about a month I believe


Advertisement