Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

PSNI 18 Recruitment Waiting Room

• 02-05-2020 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

So your in 2018 campaign.

Your appointable

Covid 19 is a big spanner in the works.

Thought create a forum so those in similar positions can discuss

Thanks and see you soon

ML Table

W221 410-430 ML
    Mcc212ajc 430 - 460 ML
    4thelads 510 - 530 ML
    Ams1707 650 - 670 ML
    Acpsni123 730 - 750 ML
    R2024 770 - 820 ML
    Norniron74 880 - 900 ML
    Sms19 890 - 910 ML

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

ams1707 wrote: »
    So your in 2018 campaign.

Your appointable

Covid 19 is a big spanner in the works.

Thought create a forum so those in similar positions can discuss

Thanks and see you soon

Yes appointable and waiting for the call too. Any speculation on when calls may be out? None of us will be in before the end of June anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Also appointable in the 890-910ML range I think I could be waiting a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Appointable here too 880-900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 acnipsni123

Yep same boat as most of you, was made appointable just before this all started, ~750ish so hoping to get the call as soon as they start up again.

What are the rest of you up to during this lock down? Anybody's current job still have them working? I'm classed as essential worker still so I'm not stuck in the house all day thankfully, be straight from one essential service to another by the looks of things, although this new one is far more essential I'd say haha

Good opportunity for a extra month or so to improve fitness anyway, anybody any idea what the fitness program is like during GV? Passed the PCA easily enough and do a fair amount of cardio and some kettlebell work but would like to be prepared for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Hang in there guys. GV will happen just have to grin and bare it

• Advertisement

NeeNaw21 wrote: »
    Hang in there guys. GV will happen just have to grin and bare it

Been a long time coming, just excited to get started

• Registered Users Posts: 21 4thelads

Yep same boat as most of you, was made appointable just before this all started, ~750ish so hoping to get the call as soon as they start up again.

What are the rest of you up to during this lock down? Anybody's current job still have them working? I'm classed as essential worker still so I'm not stuck in the house all day thankfully, be straight from one essential service to another by the looks of things, although this new one is far more essential I'd say haha

Good opportunity for a extra month or so to improve fitness anyway, anybody any idea what the fitness program is like during GV? Passed the PCA easily enough and do a fair amount of cardio and some kettlebell work but would like to be prepared for it.

All the gyms across PSNI are all closed at the minute so fitness within the training college is on a back burner. Just keep up to speed with your cardio for now and you'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mcc212ajc

Hi guys well done everyone for getting this far , hope everyone is well and keeping active and positive during this lockdown. ML range 430-460 got my vetting pass email recently after a lovely 8 month wait so hopefully not too long waiting on the call from june. the waiting room doesn't seen so bad after the vetting wait I'm just happy to be appointable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ams1707

Saying we're putting up ML.. I'm 650 to 670 ML

If use all put it up il make a table

510-530 here. It'll come round soon

• Advertisement

Hopefully by the time we are leaving gv we will get a proper attestation

• Registered Users Posts: 1 R2024

Hey all.

I’m between ML 770-820. Passed everything back in February and waiting for appointment. Hang in there as it’s only a matter of time.

I’m the same as you. Do you work on AC systems? Just a stab in the dark going by your username.

W221 wrote: »
    I’m the same as you. Do you work on AC systems? Just a stab in the dark going by your username.

No, im not in AC systems, just a username lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andun2020

Hello all,

I'm in the same boat appointable

ML 580-600

Hopefully not too long a wait for progress.

Guys there is a squad going in shortly and another I think is still waiting in the wings. There was to be 3 weeks between them squads originally. Hopefully we will get a call in the next few weeks about a July squad as senior squads will move to another site from then to make room

I think there is a start soon and another towards end of June.

Calls for July are going out towards the end of May but it’s been suggested that July will largely be filled by deferrals from April too. There may be some space for noobs like us but you’d need a decent ML number.

Beyond that there is no August intake, next intake being end of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Any idea why there's no August intake? Just curious.

Gonzo94 wrote: »

Probably just to lower numbers in GV, no October intake either

• Registered Users Posts: 3 traviswach

How many more intakes are they planning on taking and roughly how many per intake?

• Advertisement

traviswach wrote: »
    How many more intakes are they planning on taking and roughly how many per intake?

They will exhaust the merit list

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Ah fair enough that makes sense. I'm a long way off the waiting room anyway at the moment. Still waiting on vetting and a rescheduled date for medical.

Gonzo94 wrote: »

Corona wave 2

traviswach wrote: »

51 firm positions and 5 reserve every intake

I know there’s July, September and November confirmed so we can assume January would be next and so on

They’ve reduced the courses running from 6 to 3

W221 wrote: »
    51 firm positions and 5 reserve every intake

I know there’s July, September and November confirmed so we can assume January would be next and so on

They’ve reduced the courses running from 6 to 3
    From what I heard there's a December one too

Could be a little longer than I expected then before I get the call, waited this long already what difference is a few more months hahaha

Great info on here good to be kept in the loop makes it easier!

Could be a little longer than I expected then before I get the call, waited this long already what difference is a few more months hahaha

Great info on here good to be kept in the loop makes it easier!

4 months or so seems like an eternity now but looking back I got my progression email/vetting forms 5 months ago which seems like nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AV701

Prepare yourselves for more waiting, numbers are vastly reduced atm, using extra campus to facilitate senior squads but only 2 permitted in gville which looks unlikely to change in the near future, once numbers go back up can’t see extra facility being used as their wouldnt be enough staff to cover both. Also, despite gyms being closed i would advise you stay on top of training, sessions are tight as frig!! Good luck and well done to you all for getting this far!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭NeeNaw21

AV701 wrote: »
    Prepare yourselves for more waiting, numbers are vastly reduced atm, using extra campus to facilitate senior squads but only 2 permitted in gville which looks unlikely to change in the near future, once numbers go back up can’t see extra facility being used as their wouldnt be enough staff to cover both. Also, despite gyms being closed i would advise you stay on top of training, sessions are tight as frig!! Good luck and well done to you all for getting this far!

god I don't miss that AV callsign 🀣

• Advertisement

So do you automatically become appointable once everything is passed? Like ive got my medical and vetting now done as well so is that it, will my next contact from them be a starting date?

Advertisement