Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dacia new models 2020/2021

• 04-08-2020 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭

I read on challenges.fr that the new Sandero is to be revealed next month with first deliveries in France towards the end of the year. The new car is said to be on a simplified Clio platform, not sure if it is the current Clio or the one launched in 2012. If the strength of the new Sandero body is similar to that of either Clio generation, it should result in a big improvement in safety.

I had a 201 Logan MCV on loan recenty, was quite impressed by it, the only aspect that was truly bad was ride comfort/body control on bog roads, it was bouncing and lurching very badly. Hopefully a new platform would improve that also.

In general, I like Dacia as a brand and wish they would expand their range here. They have already started offering dual fuel LPG cars. I know a few Eastern Europeans (of whom there are obviously a lot in this country) who cream themselves over both Dacia and LPG so to have both in the same car...:D

I'm just hoping that Dacia doesn't "do a Skoda" and move "upmarket", in fact I wish they would bring in the "poverty spec" versions that they sell in other countries but not here. i'd have no issue driving a car with unpainted bumpers, no aircon and even no radio - I find that I increasingly don't listen to the radio at all and my last two cars have had aircon/climate control which I almost never used.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

are they still offering cars with workout windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

They would make an absolute killing if they brought their 7 seater “Lodgy” here.

Instead I think we’ll get a 7 seater Duster.

The Lodgy would be at a cheaper price point I’d imagine but we do seem to love an SUV here for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭BrianD3

New Sandero exterior revealed today as predicted on challenges.fr

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-dacia-sandero-and-sandero-stepway-shown-first-time

The stance of the car and overall appearance would suggest a new platform and a big improvement.

Hopefully price will be similar to current model, if so I could see these selling like hotcakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

I think the stripped out Dacia Access offers great no frills motoring. I like how Dacia recognise that some drivers arent materialistic sheep that actually don't want colour coded this and electric that etc

[IMG]https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1748972.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200c/Dacia Sandero Access .png[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There's nothing materialistic or sheepish about wanting to be in a nice place for any length of time. The first model we (as in Ireland) got here, the basic spec, are a terrible place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Hurrache wrote: »
    There's nothing materialistic or sheepish about wanting to be in a nice place for any length of time. The first model we got here, the basic spec, are a terrible place.

I think the stripped out Dacia Access offers great no frills motoring. I like how Dacia recognise that some drivers arent materialistic sheep that actually don't want colour coded this and electric that etc

so what is the spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,363 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's nothing materialistic or sheepish about wanting to be in a nice place for any length of time. The first model we (as in Ireland) got here, the basic spec, are a terrible place.

I thought we didn’t actually get the proper basic one like the uk got?

colm_mcm wrote: »

We didn't but I've seen a very small handful of used imports knocking around.

colm_mcm wrote: »

Dunno, the one I was in was an Irish one and it was pretty poor, what would even lowers spec'd ones not have?

• Advertisement

Dunno, the one I was in was an Irish one and it was pretty poor, what would even lowers spec'd ones not have?

The lowest no frills Sandero is called the Access and doesn't include a radio, no electric windows in front and back, no rear headrests, no air con, no nothing really. Just a lovely no nonsense car.

Like this one, but this one has an aftermarket radio (very fancy)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202008262949368

Wow. It was the Duster I was talking about, the first model available here, basic spec, although had a radio, was unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

A few years ago all I wanted was a basic petrol estate car to last me 7 to 10 years as the family and dog work horse and felt this Dacia logan fitted perfectly.

I'm by far a fussy person , but god almighty was it a depressing place to sit.... it's bad when you come out of a 2006 c4 to test drive a brand new car and it feels like other way round....

It quickly hit me that I was planning spending 7 to 10 years driving this turkey ....

So I went out and bought a hyundai i40 2013 .... it feels like worlds apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭mk7r

A few years ago all I wanted was a basic petrol estate car to last me 7 to 10 years as the family and dog work horse and felt this Dacia logan fitted perfectly.

I'm by far a fussy person , but god almighty was it a depressing place to sit.... it's bad when you come out of a 2006 c4 to test drive a brand new car and it feels like other way round....

It quickly hit me that I was planning spending 7 to 10 years driving this turkey ....

So I went out and bought a hyundai i40 2013 .... it feels like worlds apart

The i40 isnt THAT bad :pac:

The lowest no frills Sandero is called the Access and doesn't include a radio, no electric windows in front and back, no rear headrests, no air con, no nothing really. Just a lovely no nonsense car.

that sounds grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Good news!

Oh No!

Anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Have we gone back in time to 1990? Vans have a higher spec than that.

Life is too short to put up with that misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Misery spec is just that...misery! Dacias are very cheap anyhow so dont really see the point in spending a few grand less on one-might as we get a good used car instead.
    Grew up in late 80s/90s we had enough poverty spec cars to last a lifetime thanks

Full reveal today - as already mentioned a major improvement over the current model
    https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/dacia/sandero/109074/new-dacia-sandero-grows-aims-keep-cheapest-car-crown

Width not including mirrors of 1848 mm? That is wider than a Laguna III (1811 mm) might be an error.

• Advertisement

Such a pity it's gone all upmarket and fancy.

I wonder will there be a base Access model stripped of radio, electric windows, mirrors etc.

Thats what made the Sandero Access appealing for the no frills motoring!

I wonder will there be a base Access model stripped of radio, electric windows, mirrors etc.

They should bring in an Access type model and sell it for 10 grand, at least give people the option of forgoing luxuries like a radio :) With modern technology i.e. smartphones and changes in how people consume news and music, I'm not sure that a radio is even necessary. Radios in cars might go the same way as cigarette lighters.

Also, in a post Covid-19 world there might be less emphasis on "spec" as people spend less time in their cars due to working from home and have less money due to recession.

I wonder do Eastern Europeans and other foreign nationals make up a relatively large proportion of Dacia buyers in Ireland - IME they are likely to get more excited about LPG and other practical aspects than about climate control and touchscreens.

It’s only yourself and Dia_Anseo that’s looking for them. And the two of you could comfortably fit in a phone box.

You can pick up a clean mid 2000s Clio for 500 quid these days.
    While other cars have moved on in terms of refinement and sophistication a Dacia hasn't so its competitor is a mid 2000s Clio as they are basically the same car.
    Actually, I lie, the Clio has a better, torquier 4 cylinder 1149cc motor.

The one thing the Sandero has going for it is a new numberplate which matters to some people.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I've a 2015 Duster. It was purchased for cheap motoring. Gets me from A to B safely, without braking down, that's all I need. I've used it for towing other cars, carrying furniture, off road and a lot of motorway driving. It's not exciting to drive, but it gets me where i want. I've other cars for that wow factor, but the Duster is my daily no sh1t given car which is why I bought it.

antodeco wrote: »
    I've a 2015 Duster. It was purchased for cheap motoring. Gets me from A to B safely, without braking down, that's all I need. I've used it for towing other cars, carrying furniture, off road and a lot of motorway driving. It's not exciting to drive, but it gets me where i want. I've other cars for that wow factor, but the Duster is my daily no sh1t given car which is why I bought it.

So much this. I always get confused about why people don't get this with Dacia. You get a 5 year warranty on a cheap car. Even if it is worth zero after 5 years it's still cheaper than anything else.

The one thing the Sandero has going for it is a new numberplate which matters to some people.
    That's a silly comparison though isn't it?

A 20 year old Corolla will still do the job as a new 7 series, which is effectively the point you've made.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Davis selling pretty well here aren’t they? See a lot of Dusters about

ba_barabus wrote: »
    That's a silly comparison though isn't it?

A 20 year old Corolla will still do the job as a new 7 series, which is effectively the point you've made.

No, a Dacia Sandero(up until the latest one just announced) is just a re-clothed Clio first released in 97/98.
    ...and with the grill on the 7 series I'd prefer a 20 year old Corolla.

• Advertisement

I know a few people with various Dacias and they’ve no issues with them.

I wouldn’t mind using a fridge or hob or air conditioning unit or doorbell that’s using 10 year old technology.
    Upgrading from an older car and you’d still have the essentials like airbags and ABS, electric windows and Bluetooth.

Newer tech isn’t always essential. It’s what’s used to sell cars. Touch screens and infotainment.

Dacia is anti-bollox. It’s motoring at it’s most basic and pure.
    Not my cup of tea, but if you want a new car that nobody’s farted in, with a warranty and new tyres, shocks etc etc then why would you buy a used supermini if you don’t care about what makes a Clio better than a Sandero!

Advertisement