Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dacia new models 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Kia have a lot more margin built into their RRP than Dacia though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Kia have a lot more margin built into their RRP than Dacia though.

Ye maybe. It's either that or Dacia convert all the unsold old model Sanderos to Van's lol to sell them or sell them to a fleet company for a great deal for the fleet company.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The Dacia website says "we do things differently".

They certainly do. I see prices have risen by about €250 in the last month.

A strange way of trying to offload inferior superceded models when a much improved one is on the way.

If I was them, I'd be selling them off at cost price to get them out of the showrooms before the new model arrives.

VAT went back up from 21 to 23% on 1st of March

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Still no news on prices?

There is news on safety and it is both good and bad. the new Sandero Stepway has been rated 2 stars by EuroNCAP, a poor rating however the occupant protection in a crash would give it a 4 star rating. The car has been heavily marked down on the performance of its automatic emergency braking system which is more basic than other cars as it just uses a radar and lacks a camera.

The current EuroNCAP protocol uses a moving sled for the offset frontal impact, a big change from the fixed barrier that was used for over 20 years. I think the moving sled means that light cars like the Sandero are at a disadvantage but this would also mean that the crash tests for cars in different weight classes could be compared which they couldn't with a fixed barrier.

The difference between the Dacia crash test and that of much heavier car like a VW ID4 can be seen in these videos

This was a hatchet job similar to ones that EuroNCAP do from time to time.
    This is the first time I've seen them do it on a new car. Usually it is for an old car just about to leave production.
    I think they are annoyed that Dacia didn't include safety features which are obligatory from 2022 with model introduction rather than waiting for 2022 to arrive.

• Advertisement
    Ms

I think NCAPs time is up. Yes they have made cars safer and made car companies up there game on safety but saying a car is only a 2 star car because it has not got a whole load of electronics that could go wrong and go faulty is wrong. It should be about the strength and structure of the cars not about electronics that are doing something the driver should be doing anyway. No fof me Dacia are the car for the driver that prefers to do there own thinking and driving and not have some electronics do it for them.
    It's a perfectly safe car a 4 star car never mind the other bul-sh-it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

AMKC wrote: »
    I think NCAPs time is up. Yes they have made cars safer and made car companies up there game on safety but saying a car is only a 2 star car because it has not got a whole load of electronics that could go wrong and go faulty is wrong. It should be about the strength and structure of the cars not about electronics that are doing something the driver should be doing anyway. No fof me Dacia are the car for the driver that prefers to do there own thinking and driving and not have some electronics do it for them.
    It's a perfectly safe car a 4 star car never mind the other bul-sh-it.

Car A and B are alike in every respect, except car A has autonomous emergency braking fitted, and car B doesn’t. Car A can avoid a crash, or at least brake a fraction of a second quicker than a human can, and thus reduce the severity of any impact. Which one would you prefer your nearest and dearest to be travelling in tonight?

The only rational answer is car A, because it’s objectively safer. We all know this, and so do NCAP. This is why car A gets more stars.

The star thing is flawed because car models aren’t retested or reevaluated annually, and the goalposts keep moving. So a 2021 2 star car today could be safer than a 2021 5 star car which was tested 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I drove the new sandero yesterday, pretty much drives like the new clio. It's a lot nicer place to be than the old one. The lpg might be a bit of an inconvenience if there isn't a place to fill in your town but overall its a nice little car

Prices out at last. No unpainted bumper poverty model :(:)

Base spec available here is the Essential, 12990 RRP with the 65 bhp petrol engine or 14490 with the 100 bhp dual fuel.

if you want a CVT, looks like you need to pay over 18k for a model with it.

The Stepway starts at 15990 in Essential spec with 100 bhp dual fuel.

• Advertisement

€9090 for Essential Trim in Germany. 19% versus 23% and VRT and 14.25% VRT brings my calculation up to €10734 so I don't know where the extra €2250 is coming from. The same trim might be a bit more generous in Ireland but not much as it is still fairly minimalist.

It’s more like a difference of slightly under €2000 when you take into account that VRT is charged on the OMSP and not the pre-VRT figure.

I would suggest that it costs a lot more to deliver a car to Ireland by sea than to Germany by rail. Margins in Dacias are usually tight, maybe they’re trying to make money for the dealers now too. Maybe there’s a bit of discount built into the RRP now as well, where there wasn’t really anything there before.

It’s more like a difference of slightly under €2000 when you take into account that VRT is charged on the OMSP and not the pre-VRT figure.

I would suggest that it costs a lot more to deliver a car to Ireland by sea than to Germany by rail. Margins in Dacias are usually tight, maybe they’re trying to make money for the dealers now too. Maybe there’s a bit of discount built into the RRP now as well, where there wasn’t really anything there before.

Sandero is built in Morocco. Stepway built in Romania.
    https://www.romania-insider.com/dacia-budget-models-production-morocco
    without seeing the VIN numbers I'd guess RHD Stepway would be built in Morocco too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyJKMaWELKE

This is a good overview at what appears to be a dealer's forecourt.
    roof bars look good.
    12v supply for rear seats is good as you can get an adapter for multiple usb outlets.
    I like that the isofix is sewed shut and you must cut the thread if you want to access it.
    rear seats fold flat if you have variable height boot floor.
    LPG is a tank in tyrewell from Stako.
    There is an adapter for lpg connectors.
    Android Auto wireless is show in operation.
    keyfob for keyless entry has keyblade inside.

I like the wheel trims which look like Alloys but they are not shown here.
    lpg is only 66 cent per litre in Germany.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The star thing is flawed because car models aren’t retested or reevaluated annually, and the goalposts keep moving. So a 2021 2 star car today could be safer than a 2021 5 star car which was tested 3 years ago.

If it compares new cars available at a certain point in time to each other it's as good a safety as you'll get imho.

Dacia's are (relatively) cheap for several reasons.

Now comes the game of comparing it with other cars from both A and B segments. More dicounting on other cars which will claw back some of the Dacia price advantage. But still - now that the safety and old platform criticisms have been addressed, it makes little sense to buy any other small car now

If a person lives close to one of the LPG stations that sell fuel at reasoanbe cost then even better
    https://www.mylpg.eu/stations/ireland/list/

Sandero 13k
    Sandero bifuel 14.5k
    Renault Clio 18k
    Renault Zoe 27.5k

If it compares new cars available at a certain point in time to each other it's as good a safety as you'll get imho.

Dacia's are (relatively) cheap for several reasons.

Yes but depending on a model cycle you can have 2 current models that have been tested on different regimes.

Yes but depending on a model cycle you can have 2 current models that have been tested on different regimes.
    And the differences are sometimes significant. For instance, the side impact has changed as follows in recent years

Up to 2014: mobile barrier weighed 950 kg and travelled at a speed of 50 km/h
    2015 to 2019: weight 1300 kg, speed 50 km/h
    2020 on: weight 1400 kg, speed 60 km/h

A huge increase in kinetic energy there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

That's the thing. Cars are so damn safe these days in an accident, there's really not much more that needs to be done. Where we are seeing a massive reduction in safety is with regards to user friendliness and functionality inside, with the en masse abandonment of physical buttons in lieu of touch screens, which are far more distracting to use in the real world, and make what used to be the simplest of tasks needlessly tedious and complex.

Its high time they tester how easy it is to do simple things like adjust the mirrors and the ease of use of the HVAC, radio and cruise control.

The other thing we're seeing a massive reduction is in the level of attention the driver needs to have when driving, we have so called driver aids which basically treats the driver like an idiot, admittedly how some people passed their test is beyond a mystery to me, and perhaps for such people this tech will help, but the vast majority of drivers decent enough but now were going to have drivers who need no skills at all, and that's going to lead to far more driver distraction and hence the reduction in accidents that these systems supposedly are claimed to do will never bear up in reality.

You won't have to worry about how fast you're going because the computer will limit your speed (unless you floor it), you won't have to worry about what lane you're in because the computer will make the steering wheel vibrate and force you back within the lines, you won't even have to worry about braking at low speeds because the car will do it for you. Just what is left for the driver to do at this point? If there's far less concentration required, then it's going to be much easier to be distracted, or else people will just ignore all the whining and beeping by the systems on the rare occasion they might actually be useful.

It's just absolute madness at this stage.

The NCAP should be points based. As time and safety progresses you get more points.
    Stars is a load of nonsense unless you can get 6/7/8/9/10 stars.

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    But people are in general idiots. Most of the crashes you see on the Youtube channels are because people fail to do the basics. If automation can help stop this then I am all for it.
    I'm waiting to see features like emergency assist braking and lane keep assist have an effect on insurance costs. In countries where the insurance industry collect proper statistics the premium payable on a particular model of car is related to how accident prone that particular car statistically is.
    A car model which avoids a lot of accidents will be assigned lower insurance costs.
    It should start to be observable in the next year or two but unlikely ever happen in Ireland where insurers price what you'll bear rather than based on risk.

https://www.autohaus-koenig.de/neuwagen/dacia/sandero/730/
    That's the sort of deal you won't see in Ireland.
    No down-payment. Lease for 5 years at €109 per month with 10,000km allowance per year. 3 years servicing. €29 per month for insurance if you need it.
    Who'd run an old car with those sort of prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Any chance they’d bring their 7 seat yolk over here? Would sell well I’d say if the price was right.

Any chance they’d bring their 7 seat yolk over here? Would sell well I’d say if the price was right.

Very popular as a taxi abroad alright.

Very popular as a taxi abroad alright.

If they priced it keenly I think it’d sell here. Look how many Citroen Picasso 7 seaters or Ford S Max’s are on the road.

Slightly off topic but similarly I think it’s mad that Renault stopped selling the Espace here considering how well the Galaxy, Albrahama and Sharan sell.

Another Dacia model has been spotted in camouflaged testing in RHD, it is thought that this is a replacement for the Logan MCV and/or the Dokker/Lodgy. Looks seriously practical. Wheel base long for the length of the car, more like the Mk1 Logan MCV (7 seater option) than the Mk2 (5 seat only)

https://www.motor1.com/news/504482/2022-dacia-logan-wagon-spy-photos/

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Another Dacia model has been spotted in camouflaged testing in RHD, it is thought that this is a replacement for the Logan MCV and/or the Dokker/Lodgy. Looks seriously practical. Wheel base long for the length of the car, more like the Mk1 Logan MCV (7 seater option) than the Mk2 (5 seat only)

https://www.motor1.com/news/504482/2022-dacia-logan-wagon-spy-photos/

Cool. Definitely one to watch.

Ms

If they priced it keenly I think it’d sell here. Look how many Citroen Picasso 7 seaters or Ford S Max’s are on the road.

Slightly off topic but similarly I think it’s mad that Renault stopped selling the Espace here considering how well the Galaxy, Albrahama and Sharan sell.
    Ye it's a pity they stopped selling that here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 transik

https://www.autohaus-koenig.de/neuwagen/dacia/sandero/730/
    That's the sort of deal you won't see in Ireland.
    No down-payment. Lease for 5 years at €109 per month with 10,000km allowance per year. 3 years servicing. €29 per month for insurance if you need it.
    Who'd run an old car with those sort of prices.

Sick and tired of this aswell.
    We overpay for everything here especially in dublin.
    4.50€ for a sourdough bread in dunnes .Same bread in lisbon 1€.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

transik wrote: »
    Sick and tired of this aswell.
    We overpay for everything here especially in dublin.
    4.50€ for a sourdough bread in dunnes .Same bread in lisbon 1€.

Yeah but its not as simple as that,
    Min wage in Portugal is 4.38, in Ireland it is 10.10.

Dublin is like any capital city, overpriced in comparison to elsewhere in the country. Price of pints etc

Advertisement