Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dacia new models 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

https://www.autohaus-koenig.de/neuwagen/dacia/sandero/730/
    That's the sort of deal you won't see in Ireland.
    No down-payment. Lease for 5 years at €109 per month with 10,000km allowance per year. 3 years servicing. €29 per month for insurance if you need it.
    Who'd run an old car with those sort of prices.

If you do the numbers on that deal it’s hard to see how they’re breaking even nevermind making money.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If you do the numbers on that deal it’s hard to see how they’re breaking even nevermind making money.

They're an absolutely huge German Dealer chain. They know what they're doing and have these sort deals regularly for all their marques but Dacia never offered the sort of margins which allowed them to claim a low "leasing factor" figure.

Back to safety...I just watched a Fiesta review released this morning and the latest Fiesta was released in 2017. The reviewer noted it doesn't offer Automatic Emergency Braking on most of the range in the UK but is still quoting its 2017 EuroNCAP rating. EuroNCAP did themselves a disservice through this cheap publicity stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

If they priced it keenly I think it’d sell here. Look how many Citroen Picasso 7 seaters or Ford S Max’s are on the road.

Slightly off topic but similarly I think it’s mad that Renault stopped selling the Espace here considering how well the Galaxy, Albrahama and Sharan sell.

People carriers more or less died 10 years ago, 7 seater SUV took their place

Base model starts at €7600 , every chance they trade the car back after 3 years for a very nominal fee ,possibly upgrading to a better spec model, so while it's not quick money it's constant money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I was looking at the brochure there, the new Sandero's LPG tank is 50 litre which is fillable to 40 litres.

The car's WLTP combined economy running on petrol is 48 mpg (50 litre tank) and 38 mpg on LPG (40 litre tank)

So that is a WLTP range of 330 miles on LPG alone, that would do a lot of people for a week's driving and there would be a good fuel cost saving. Pity LPG isn't more widely available here, any chance that there may be more interest in it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I seen the new commercial ad is out for the new Sandero on the TV. Seen it recently. Anyone else seen it? It's ok but nothing special the ad. I think Skoda do great as for there cars. Dacia need to do as like that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Don’t get me wrong you’re right in that the SUV seems to be what people want for 7 seat options but that doesn’t mean the people carrier is dead. Far from it I’d say.

Look how many Citroen Grand Picasso, S Max and 5008’s are on the road and then you have the bigger versions like the Galaxy, albrahama and sharan.

Dacia should do something like the 5008 in that it’s a people carrier that looks like an SUV, and make it cheap.

86 Galaxy and 81 S-Max sold here in 2020.

The 5008 is now a crossover (sold 1235 last year...)

130 Alhambras
    57 Sharans

BrianD3 wrote: »
    I was looking at the brochure there, the new Sandero's LPG tank is 50 litre which is fillable to 40 litres.
    German pricelist says 50 (zusätzlich 32 für Flüssiggas)
    32 litres LPG but when it is costing only 60 cent per litre in Germany you'll make an effort to use it ALL the time. You'd get most benefit from it on a long trip as the car must run on Petrol for the first few minutes while cold on urban trips.

Cue "Dacia Bigster".

• Advertisement

86 Galaxy and 81 S-Max sold here in 2020.

The 5008 is now a crossover (sold 1235 last year...)

130 Alhambras
    57 Sharans

I haven't seen any people carriers with newer plates, all Sorrento, Santa fe and Ray 4, theres a 181 Vw thing over the road but it's a Touran I think,

Ms

I haven't seen any people carriers with newer plates, all Sorrento, Santa fe and Ray 4, theres a 181 Vw thing over the road but it's a Touran I think,

Ray-4 lol. I think you mean Rav-4 lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Ray-4 lol. I think you mean Rav-4 lol.

Korean auto-correct, that's minor compared to some of the words it puts in

• Registered Users Posts: 42 transik

Cabaal wrote: »
    Yeah but its not as simple as that,
    Min wage in Portugal is 4.38, in Ireland it is 10.10.

Dublin is like any capital city, overpriced in comparison to elsewhere in the country. Price of pints etc

Yeah but that 4.38 will take way further in Lisbon then 10.10 in Dublin.

60% of your wages could be spend on housing alone,
    I travell a lot, been in quite a feew places all over europe and value for money ratio in dub has to one of the poorest in EU.

And the end od day bread is made from water and flour with we by the way have to import from uk( ONE industrial mil)like anything else

Picked up a new Sandero last week. Happy out with it so far. Stock seems to be an issue and lead times are indefinite.
    For the money I'm absolutely delighted. There's a couple of little things I'd change (not much more than anything else I've driven) but getting better fuel economy than my old Focus 1.8tdci with roughly similar performance. Will be doing a long run this weekend and will be using lovely cheap LPG.
    Looking at how things are going odds are I could trade it in in 3 years to cover deposit on a new one. Never thought I'd be that person. :pac:

Picked up a new Sandero last week. Happy out with it so far. Stock seems to be an issue and lead times are indefinite.
    For the money I'm absolutely delighted. There's a couple of little things I'd change (not much more than anything else I've driven) but getting better fuel economy than my old Focus 1.8tdci with roughly similar performance. Will be doing a long run this weekend and will be using lovely cheap LPG.
    Looking at how things are going odds are I could trade it in in 3 years to cover deposit on a new one. Never thought I'd be that person. :pac:

How long does it run on Petrol before it switches to the LPG?

How long does it run on Petrol before it switches to the LPG?

Haven't found out for sure yet. :pac: There's a manual switch for it on my one, not sure if I can hit it when the engine is cold in the morning. I'll report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

You can just press the lpg button as soon as you start the car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Ordered a new Sandero today for next month. It has a far amount of decent features for what it is. Don't do much mileage these days and it will suit me perfectly. It's replacing a '07 Focus

PsychoPete wrote: »
    You can just press the lpg button as soon as you start the car

From reading around I got the impression it's fine to do once it's turned over alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Ordered a new Sandero today for next month. It has a far amount of decent features for what it is. Don't do much mileage these days and it will suit me perfectly. It's replacing a '07 Focus

Well wear .... take a picture and stick on here when you get it ...

Ms

Well wear. Looking forward to seeing some of them on the roads. What colour did you go for? Put a picture up here if you get the chance.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Went for the blue. Kinda wish I'd gone up in spec tbh but the only thing I really want to change is the wheels. 15 inch alloys are nice and cheap though as it turns out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Well wear .... take a picture and stick on here when you get it ...

I have a 10 second video clip of it in the showroom, before it was put away. I'll put it up if someone tells me how

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I have a 10 second video clip of it in the showroom, before it was put away. I'll put it up if someone tells me how

Upload to YouTube and post ......

I looked at the dacia website and don't see the logan advertised anymore.....??? Have they dropped it...?

I nearly bought a login petrol 3 years ago and last min got a hyundai i40 esstate ....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NCC1701

Wish I'd seen this thread a month ago before I spent almost two thousand euro servicing and repairing my 10 year old Qashqai to get it through the NCT.....on its 3rd attempt!!!! The car has 280,000kms on it as I used to travel the length and breadth of the country for work purposes and its creaking at this stage. But I just didn't see the point in borrowing €15,000 to get at best, a five year old car (Tucson, Sportage, Kadjar etc) to replace it, when I could be buying someone else's trouble. Never considered a Dacia as I was in a friend's Duster when it first came here and I thought it was a bit cheap and nasty (I'm NOT a car snob...remember I've a ten year old Qashqai with starship Enterprise mileage on it!). But that was an early edition and since then, friends and colleagues have bought newer Dusters, Sanderos and Stepways. So they can't be that bad and would have offered me a cheaper way to get rid of my Qashqai and into something new with a warranty. Maybe next year...............:(

NCC1701 wrote: »
    Wish I'd seen this thread a month ago before I spent almost two thousand euro servicing and repairing my 10 year old Qashqai to get it through the NCT.....on its 3rd attempt!!!! The car has 280,000kms on it as I used to travel the length and breadth of the country for work purposes and its creaking at this stage. But I just didn't see the point in borrowing €15,000 to get at best, a five year old car (Tucson, Sportage, Kadjar etc) to replace it, when I could be buying someone else's trouble. Never considered a Dacia as I was in a friend's Duster when it first came here and I thought it was a bit cheap and nasty (I'm NOT a car snob...remember I've a ten year old Qashqai with starship Enterprise mileage on it!). But that was an early edition and since then, friends and colleagues have bought newer Dusters, Sanderos and Stepways. So they can't be that bad and would have offered me a cheaper way to get rid of my Qashqai and into something new with a warranty. Maybe next year...............:(

Only reason I considered it was someone I know mentioned getting a second-hand Duster. Think they paid €17k for it, I thought that's what they were new. :P Looked it up and depreciation was tiny on all models.
    I was in a 191 Hyundai i30 recently and the new Sandero is nicer inside and to drive than it was.

No harm ringing up for a quote. If they'd give you 3k for your yoke you could probably get away with no cash deposit and ~250 a month for 3 years. Looking at the GFMV there's a good chance in 3 years it'll be possible to trade it in for another new one with no deposit and similar monthly payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NCC1701

Only reason I considered it was someone I know mentioned getting a second-hand Duster. Think they paid €17k for it, I thought that's what they were new. :P Looked it up and depreciation was tiny on all models.
    I was in a 191 Hyundai i30 recently and the new Sandero is nicer inside and to drive than it was.

No harm ringing up for a quote. If they'd give you 3k for your yoke you could probably get away with no cash deposit and ~250 a month for 3 years. Looking at the GFMV there's a good chance in 3 years it'll be possible to trade it in for another new one with no deposit and similar monthly payments.

I thought Dacia dealers didn't take trade ins?

I haven't looked into it properly but a mate has an old Sandero and had it in for a service last year and said they made him an offer on it.
    The Dacia dealers near me are also Renault/Nissan/Opel dealers so maybe it's different with different dealers? With the dealer I went through I was asked if I had something to trade in as deposit and when I didn't they said a €1k deposit would probably be fine.

• Advertisement

They do, but they’ll offer you the trade price of the car as there’s very little discount to artificially inflate the trade in price with.

Advertisement