Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dacia new models 2020/2021

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

NCC1701 wrote: »
    I thought Dacia dealers didn't take trade ins?

The owner of my local Dacia dealership owns 75% of the other brand dealerships in the area. Wouldn't be a problem offloading a trade in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Upload to YouTube and post ......

I looked at the dacia website and don't see the logan advertised anymore.....??? Have they dropped it...?

I nearly bought a login petrol 3 years ago and last min got a hyundai i40 esstate ....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=asMHmn_-bDk

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NCC1701

I'd be expecting very little trade in for my Qashqai with the high mileage on it, even though its now got new discs, pads all round, new brake callipers and timing belt done. That's why I'm annoyed at myself for not considering replacing it with a new Dacia instead of pouring money into a 10 year old car that is only going to give me trouble going forward. I've just gotten a year's NCT on it now too and so I'll keep it until next year and see if I can replace it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’m sure there’s a reason you bought a Qashqai as opposed to say a Clio at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Anything on the Sandero saloon coming here?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭BrianD3

May 2021 price list attached for convenience

650 max RRP for delivery. So 13,640 for the cheapest Sandero Essential (65 bhp petrol) in a non metallic colour. I must pop in to one of the dealers and see if there is any scope for discounts, probably wishful thinking.

I still think they should have brought in the UN spec version with the non painted bumpers. There is plenty of choice for those who want a dual fuel "fancy" Sandero. However those who want a bare bones petrol one and don't give a crap about radios, aircon or painted bumpers might find 13,640 for the cheapest model a bit much.

Ms

I see there is a revamped version of the Duster on the way,

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/dacia-duster-gains-new-look-and-technology-2021

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Good news!

More Good News!

Dacia Sandero was Europe's best selling car in July:

The margin for the manufacturer is good on these as they are produced in low-wage countries, Morocco and Romania on production lines which are near full occupancy.

Over 90% of Sanderos in Germany go to private buyers.

As the car has very few silicon chips in it it isn't being impacted by the silicon chip shortage as much as others.

I had a poverty spec Clio as a hire car last month and I can't see any reason why you'd buy one ahead of a similar Dacia.

Dacia Germany are really trying to sell the LPG versions(obviously with success).

They are giving a rebate equal to 10,000km of LPG on the purchase price meaning you can buy a 100bhp LPG version for €10,348 or lease €99 per month(1.99% interest rate) over 5 years.

Who'd buy a secondhand supermini with prices like those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It is a great car though and I can see why someone would buy one. I actually got one myself a LPG version.

I just read about the SOS button in the id3. It's in the Dacia's too. Is it a thing all new car need to have or something.

Any new generation model that was introduced after 2018 has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Dacia are turning into the new Skoda

a brand once scoffed at but now admired, best to buy them now whilst there cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Are dacia their own brand or are they actually renault with a different badge

It should sting that the LPG version in Comfort specification is about 4400 euro more expensive in Ireland than Germany. RHD, VAT and VRT difference will never explain that away.

I saw a base base model in a Dealer yesterday. The bumpers aren't a different moulding to the painted ones on higher specification cars, they are just left black and unpainted. Black door handles do appear to be a different moulding to ones in body colour.

base base model in other countries offers no choice of anything really except for a spare wheel...any colour you like so long as it is white. it is pre-wired for radio but radio is absent.

Was that base base model in an Irish dealer, are they going to start selling them here? Exciting news if so 😀

No, on a German Dealer's forecourt.

Balls. For all the talk and complaints in this forum about "Paddy spec", there is a long history of actual base spec cars not being sold here or at least being heavily discouraged by dealers. I well remember circa 1994 when we were thinking of buying a Laguna Mk1 RN which was on the Irish pricelist but once we enquired, the excuses from the dealers started. Unsurprisingly given this attitude, I don't think I ever saw a Laguna RN on the roads here. Other low spec models did not even appear on pricelists e.g. the Renault 19 TR and TS both of which were sold in the UK.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/renault-19-tr-22-000-miles-nct-8-23/28940159?campaign=3

Other things I noticed on base model were the metal petrol flap and no microswitch release on the boot. I guess all this makes the car more durable while minimizing part content.

• Advertisement
    Ms

In some ways that was good and other ways bad. Sure selling the base version might mean they sell more cars and get more customers but it would Hurt the brand. Renault were trying to move upmarket and the Laguna was one of the best cars in its class so that is understandable. I for one am glad they did not sell the base spec Laguna or 19 here and the same with the Megane later on.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Delete.

More Good News. Even more people can enjoy the Dacia experience simultaneously: The new Jogger.

Prices start at 15k in Germany.

It is a Sandero all the way to the B-pillar and behind that it is a 5 or 7 seater.

It will replace both the Logan MCV and Lodgy. Note the height of the rear doors and the built in roof bars which rotate through 90 degrees.

It seems huge inside.

A hybrid version comes in 2023.

It will run down the same production lines as the Sandero and Logan.

That looks great, like a modern version of the mk1 logan estate rather than the mk2.

If the new car has a fold forward front passenger seat back, that would be the icing on the practicality cake

Advertisement