Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Penn wrote: »
    Games I keep getting confused:

The Outer Worlds / The Outer Wilds
    Hollow Knight / Shovel Knight

(could probably add another 100 to the list if I actually knew I was getting them confused)

AC7 and any Assassin's Creed

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I've had mixed success with that DLSS thing. It can look better but you can get weird artifacts. Like in Death Stranding the phone wires sort of create ghosty outlines. Control has a lot of noise on carpets and doors. I'd prefer to play these games native, or at least I wish I could in the case of Control.

The first implementations of DLSS where not meant to be greatally but digital foundry was absolutely glowing of its use in Death Stranding. They gave the impression that the visually artifacts where extremely minor blemishes that where well worth putting up with.

Yes NVIDIA have revealed anti hair dryer technology!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Could retro or someone summarise the nvidia stuff later ? :)

I'm hoping there's a nice sweet spot with the 3070, the 80 and 90 seem like they just devour power and take up so much space.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm hoping there's a nice sweet spot with the 3070, the 80 and 90 seem like they just devour power and take up so much space.

There's a dedicated thread in the Building and Upgrading forum.

• Advertisement

To summarize, the new Nvidia GPU's are a little bit faster than pixelburps GT730M 2 GB...just a tad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

JimBurnley wrote: »

Hello, have you heard of Our Lord and Saviour Assetto Corsa? :pac:

...or Animal Crossing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

And Armored Core!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Can someone tell me what is the closest thing to Animal crossing on PS4.
    Im hearing so much about this game but not forking out for a new system

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Parsnips wrote: »

Dark Souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Attempting to convert by deception now I see

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Try Stardew Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

My Time in Portia, Farm together, Stardew Valley as suggested also

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My Time in Portia, Farm together, Stardew Valley as suggested also

My time in portia is fantastic, that would be my recommendation.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dark Souls.
    Yep. Ill be right on it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Iron Harvest is out today, was hoping to get it but it doesn't look like a gtx 770 will run it :(.

I got the game and it worked fine, better than I imagined but it wasn't fun to play at all imo, don't know what it was, as I was a huge fan of coh back in the day, only 6 skirmish maps, so I've requested a refund, they probably won't give it to me as I've 2.3 hours played :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

And it's (serendipitously) on sale:

https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/2824390/my-time-at-portia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

JimBurnley wrote: »

Far Cry 3 and any other Far Cry. Although not sure that counts since they're all exactly the same game.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I had mine custom built for me, used a UK site where you select all the compononts and they put it all together for you - 2 reasons: 1, I'm useless with cable managment and electrics in general and 2: there was a very good sale on at the time if you selected a specific start set up [you could from there add or remove anything you desired] I paid less for all brand new components plus delivery from the UK than I would have for lesser spec used on adverts here. We really get rode for PC pricing in this country
    What was the name of the site? I wouldn't looking into something like this

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    What was the name of the site? I wouldn't looking into something like this

https://www.palicomp.co.uk/

I had mine built without any OS which saved about £100 on top too [end price was £750 for mine though I added some extras myself (extra fans, extra HDD, wi-fi receiver) bringing it to about 850 inc delivery].

I did look into a few other similar sites but they were either much more expensive or they had atrocious reviews on the likes of Trust etc. Someone on another forum tipped me off to Palicomp, so I gave them a quick ring [it is obviously a UK line just be consious of that] to see how things would go shipping to Ireland. They answered right away, which is good, and talked me through it all within a couple minutes - this was during lockdown but I paid the extra £25 priority build and had it built and delivered within a week from when i put the complete order through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

https://www.palicomp.co.uk/

I had mine built without any OS which saved about £100 on top too [end price was £750 for mine though I added some extras myself (extra fans, extra HDD, wi-fi receiver) bringing it to about 850 inc delivery].

I did look into a few other similar sites but they were either much more expensive or they had atrocious reviews on the likes of Trust etc. Someone on another forum tipped me off to Palicomp, so I gave them a quick ring [it is obviously a UK line just be consious of that] to see how things would go shipping to Ireland. They answered right away, which is good, and talked me through it all within a couple minutes - this was during lockdown but I paid the extra £25 priority build and had it built and delivered within a week from when i put the complete order through

Thanks for that!

Niska wrote: »

Whaaa. WTF. When did that happen.
    I paid €30 for it last night after the recommendations on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Ouch! Went on sale this morning.

Niska wrote: »
    Ouch! Went on sale this morning.

FFS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

Hate to use unilad as a source for information but hoping a sequel to the Getaway is on the horizon.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/the-getaway-could-be-returning-for-ps5/

As someone who is sick to death for the GTA formula I love the getaway games, it's dark gritty atmosphere and realism for the time makes it more than a GTA clone imo.

It stands out on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

On Steam one of the valid refund options you can select is that exact situation: going on sale soon after. Worth a shot even if it's PS I guess?

Thanks all for the "Portia" recommendation. Started it last night.....Checked out a few reviews online and all good scores.......So far it seems to be good and very relaxing but I can see it needs to time put in.

Somehow I had never heard of this game up until yesterday. strange

Happens all the time, more so I'd say for PC games. I got stung after buying the Witcher 3 on Steam for €22 - and that was just the main game. Not more than a week later they had the GOTY editition with both DLC expansions worth €25 at the time all in for €14.99 ... gah! I recently grabbed those expansions for 9.99 the pair but it still cost me double in the end - Happened with GTAV too, found it for the cheapest i could at €13 and a week later it was given away for free!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Should always check previous price, game seems to have been on sale once a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Varik wrote: »
    Should always check previous price, game seems to have been on sale once a month.

@Parsnips, PSprices site is your friend for this. Also sales usually start on a Wednesday so Tuesday buying is dangerous!

Advertisement