Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Well that was quick. Got a refund on the month old check in but the one that arrived today they said is a different parcel, however has no photo and not expecting anything else to arrive. Been using parcel motel years and never got any junk mail so not sure what it could be other than another double charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

hi all, I recently signed up for this service, how do I format the address to use on amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

hi all, I recently signed up for this service, how do I format the address to use on amazon?

Log into your account & from the menu drop downs you will see the option to display your address.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I received a parcel to my PM sent by another PM user.

I just happened to notice on my bank statement that I was charged €3.95 for receiving it.

I rang them and got through instantly (couldn't believe my luck). They accepted the wrong charge without any argument & refunded my account immediately.

It could have slipped by without notice only for it was the only transaction in quite a while.

Just posting so other users can keep an eye on their own accounts.

Pretty sure my 2nd mystery double charge is exactly this. Not due any regular motel deliveries but have a motel->motel which is still showing as 'customer stored' but should be in my locker by now. I guess they have a few ways of double charging !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Log into your account & from the menu drop downs you will see the option to display your address.

• Advertisement

Got refunded on 2nd double charge as well... they don't cause any fuss about the refund but the double charges shouldn't happen at all. Wonder how many people this has happened to who haven't noticed.

spix wrote: »
    Got refunded on 2nd double charge as well... they don't cause any fuss about the refund but the double charges shouldn't happen at all. Wonder how many people this has happened to who haven't noticed.

Exactly, I could live with a genuine mistake but if this kind of thing is automated it is going to keep happening.

Might be time to remove associated cards.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Exactly, I could live with a genuine mistake but if this kind of thing is automated it is going to keep happening.

Might be time to remove associated cards.

Not sure I would've spotted it if I was using a card as I saw my parcel motel balance drop twice in a few hours knowing I only had 1 parcel incoming. I'm sure its unintentional and all but they really need to sort this out as they must be aware of it by now.

Anyone else unable to login? refreshed my account my balance/parcel history was empty, clicked log out, tried to log back in and says username or password incorrect.

Anyone else unable to login? refreshed my account my balance/parcel history was empty, clicked log out, tried to log back in and says username or password incorrect.

Yep, just checked there & I'm getting the same.

• Advertisement

Yep, just checked there & I'm getting the same.

Hopefully down for maintenance to fix issue mentioned.. or banned both of us :pac:

Hopefully down for maintenance to fix issue mentioned.. or banned both of us :pac:

That's it; they're onto us for exposing their undercover operation to wipe our accounts. :D

That's it; they're onto us for exposing their undercover operation to wipe our accounts. :D

Would you believe they just done it again. Parcel motel -> parcel motel. Got charged 3.95 to receive

Would you believe they just done it again. Parcel motel -> parcel motel. Got charged 3.95 to receive

Well then, I'd imagine their system is doing it automatically. Hardly a random error by one of their operators. They would want to sort that ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

Anyone seeing a delay in deliveries lately? My parcel was received by PM a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear an update, it's coming from Dublin so a week and nothing is a joke. I know with everything going on it's easy to say delays are expected but it's not acceptable that they cannot deliver a small parcel a 3 hour drive in a week. I've ordered goods from America during the pandemic and they came in 3-4 days. Beyond useless service, I'm not surprised though when I see the Nightline logo on the website, another terrible service provider

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Norderburse

DilD wrote: »
    Anyone seeing a delay in deliveries lately? My parcel was received by PM a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear an update, it's coming from Dublin so a week and nothing is a joke. I know with everything going on it's easy to say delays are expected but it's not acceptable that they cannot deliver a small parcel a 3 hour drive in a week. Beyond useless service, I'm not surprised though when I see the Nightline logo on the website, another terrible service provider

Yes, DHL delivered to the NI address early on Friday morning (7am). The parcel hasn’t been logged in the Parcel Motel system yet, I registered on the expected delivery section on Saturday in case the PM number wasn’t on the slip, no acknowledgement or update since. Not great service at all.

Yes, DHL delivered to the NI address early on Friday morning (7am). The parcel hasn’t been logged in the Parcel Motel system yet, I registered on the expected delivery section on Saturday in case the PM number wasn’t on the slip, no acknowledgement or update since. Not great service at all.

It's my first time using PM and will likely be my last. It's a pity as it is a great idea for ordering items from the UK. But when they take as long as they do then the whole point in their service is void, I'll be happier to pay a little extra on standard UK shipping and recieve my items on time then use this so called service again.

Their website says to allow 1 day for the parcel to be in the locker after they recieve it, that's comedy. Services like this need to be penalised for false advertising, taking your money and not delivering on what they said. No difference between them and a broadband company that promises fast internet and turns out to be dead slow *cough cough* eir.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Night line got taken over by another courier, I think it's UPS. AFAIK they only wanted to buy the PM section of the business, but they ended up with the whole lot, this might be part of the reason for the slowdown.

Depending on what day you buy something in UK, it seems to be 7-10 days now for it to arrive. What will it be like next year?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kiki smiling

You should receive a text message from Parcel Motel with a "collection pin" to enter on the keypad at the location when prompted, then you are all good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Anyone seeing a delay in deliveries lately? My parcel was received by PM a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear an update, it's coming from Dublin so a week and nothing is a joke.

That sounds like a delay caused by a backlog for your collection point. From Black Friday (late November) to Christmas, it can get really chronic and they're liable to switch your package to a nearby point, often a 'popup' point like the dressing rooms at Kilmacud Crokes in Stillorgan. At other times, you just have to wait.

Once they log it into their system, I wouldn't attempt to get it rerouted (to an alternative collection point), their system is not setup to do this at the behest of the customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

blue5000 wrote: »
    Night line got taken over by another courier, I think it's UPS. AFAIK they only wanted to buy the PM section of the business, but they ended up with the whole lot, this might be part of the reason for the slowdown.

Depending on what day you buy something in UK, it seems to be 7-10 days now for it to arrive. What will it be like next year?

UPS bought Nightline for their main business. Parcel motel was a handy addition. Nightline are very strong in day specific delivery to businesses especially the pharma and IT sector and this is substantially bigger than the Parcel Motel business.

Parcel motel delays are mostly caused by specific locker locations having a backlog. I've changed my location to a less busy one and find there's no delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Would never recommend them. I always use any other service instead.

Hit & miss to get a phone or email response. Some staff seem better than others.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,912 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

silver2020 wrote: »
    Parcel motel delays are mostly caused by specific locker locations having a backlog. I've changed my location to a less busy one and find there's no delay.

I definitely have experienced this, I moved last year and in the new motel it was usually in the locker within 24 hours of getting checked in to the depot, even at peak times. Moved again this summer and my new motel is definitely a lot slower, but it's the only one within walking distance so I'm stuck with it. I remember a few years ago they had a competition thing at Christmas time where if you collected your parcel within 12 or 24 hours of it going in the locker, you were entered into a draw to win a TV. It was a good incentive for people not to leave them in the full 48 hours and get faster turnover.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It would make sense if they allowed you to define a pool of collection points which were within your reach and you could list them in order of preference. Then for each delivery, they could make an intelligent decision as to where to drop your package, based on the backlogs (and hence waiting times) for the various points and where they appeared in your list. Obviously would only work in the major cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I'm always wary of Parcel Motel but I have used it twice in the past week and did not have any delays.

Getting really impatient now with them, been over a week and no parcel. I messaged support and was told they will look into it. Will be paying the extra money for a standard delivery service company from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Getting really impatient now with them, been over a week and no parcel. I messaged support and was told they will look into it. Will be paying the extra money for a standard delivery service company from now on

It sounds like it's lost.

EDIT: Did it contain alcohol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Best of luck with that coming on time too

Galadriel wrote: »
    It sounds like it's lost.

EDIT: Did it contain alcohol?

No nothing like that at all. Very frustrating experience with them so far :mad:

• Advertisement

begbysback wrote: »
    Best of luck with that coming on time too

Irish courier systems are the worst. Just moved back recently enough from the UK and the postal services here are shocking, not to mention the ridiculous prices

Advertisement