Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Pretty grim stuff from Anderson, but what would you expect? It’s more of the hierarchy of victimhood that’s so ingrained in their culture. Some fücking sociopathic killer from the PIRA ranks is deemed more suitable for compensation in their eyes than the thousands of people left maimed, disfigured, and psychologically scarred as a result of atrocities carried out by their armed wing.

What a depressing tweet. What a grim party.

Just googled the lovely Martina. As expected, the usual history of bombing and IRA thuggery. A miserable useless person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

maccored wrote: »
    She might have a bit of a point there. Im sure those working for the RUC in the loyalist death squads will get the pension. if thats the case so should everyone else involved. either make it that only innocent, non involved civillians get it, or that everyone does.

Thought the Northern Ireland Ra pension was the taxi and taxi licenses they all got handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

dont like them, dont vote for them. If they are as terrible as you make out no-one will vote for them.

I find it hilarious when people cite election results as evidence that a party must be good or bad. Winning an election simply means that you're popular.

There's no reason to assume a party is good or right just because it's popular. Hitler and Mussolini were both democratically elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    People can complain about what they want to complain about.

Not a surprise though that supporters of a fascist-like party like Sinn Fein want to shut down discussion. The Nazi party rose to power in the early 1930s in the same sort of way, by suppressing criticism of their policies in favour of all-out attack on whoever was in government and whatever they did. I am not saying that Sinn Fein are as evil as the Nazis, but the tactics to seek power - populist opposition to everything a government proposes together with a complete absence of practical solutions - are eerily similar.

Jesus wept. You've descended into Alex Jones territory. Head gone from deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Thought the Northern Ireland Ra pension was the taxi and taxi licenses they all got handed out.

And the Northern Bank money..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

course they can complain, but they shouldnt complain about the number of SF threads etc etc when they are creating them themselves.

I done history for my O and A levels. Theres no similarity between SF and the Nazis. FG mind you - thats a different story

Yep. It's not like their councillors openly supported fascists/Nazis....oh wait.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/fine-gael-councillor-defends-tweet-where-he-expressed-love-for-nazi-style-salute-picture-39272444.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    I find it hilarious when people cite election results as evidence that a party must be good or bad. Winning an election simply means that you're popular.

There's no reason to assume a party is good or right just because it's popular. Hitler and Mussolini were both democratically elected.

whats your point? My point is if they're popular people will vote for them. if they are terribly unpopular (as SF should be if they are what this thread says they are) then no-one will vote for them.

Either way, theres too many pretending to hate SF but instead advertise them all the time (blanch152, mark etc etc)

what has you making things up go to do with this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

whats your point? My point is if they're popular people will vote for them. if they are terribly unpopular (as SF should be if they are what this thread says they are) then no-one will vote for them.

Either way, theres too many pretending to hate SF but instead advertise them all the time (blanch152, mark etc etc)

So Berlusconi, Thrump, Maduro etc are / were all good leaders because they are/ were popular?

jh79 wrote: »
    So Berlusconi, Thrump, Maduro etc are / were all good leaders because they are/ were popular?

what? How the hell are you getting that from the conversation?

MORE WHATABOUTERY!!!!

I suggest you start by reading the post that was in reply to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,237 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I claimed there was no IRA (the provos dont exist) but then there is an IRA (the New IRA)?

Are you on drugs mark? Seriously? Can you please explain your bit of waffling there as I cant make head nor tail of it

It is funny how the evolutionary theory of republicanism which sees the bearer of the light being handed down from Wolfe Tone to Padraic Pearse to Gerry Adams dies out when the new IRA get mentioned.

It is funny how the evolutionary theory of republicanism which sees the bearer of the light being handed down from Wolfe Tone to Padraic Pearse to Gerry Adams dies out when the new IRA get mentioned.

more makey up stuff - or should i say WHATABOUTERY

• Registered Users Posts: 27,237 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

more makey up stuff - or should i say WHATABOUTERY

So we all agree that there is no link between the modern republican psychopaths that have been with us since 1969 and the men of 1916. Great.

So we all agree that there is no link between the modern republican psychopaths that have been with us since 1969 and the men of 2015. Great.

what are you trying to say?

The Good Friday Agreement brought a halt to the PIRA campaign. The New IRA exist, but dont have my support as they dont adhere to the good friday agreement - but you can say yes, they all are related, bar the pira supported the GFA and the dissidents dont.

Does that make sense? So as much as you can say one is a continuation of the other, this time round - due to the GFA - theres a difference in opinion. This is why I dont support any of the IRAs after the GFA. there is no need for them at present.

Glad though to see that you are at last admitting that the IRA of the 20s is the same as the PIRA and the New IRA. About time.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,050 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So we all agree that there is no link between the modern republican psychopaths that have been with us since 1969 and the men of 1916. Great.

All these 'psychopaths' that were miraculously cured by the GFA.

Honest to jaysus that one is nearly as shrill and ill informed as 'all de cumunities living in de fear of the 'RA' one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

so sf arent in government in the north then? or no, they are in power here? which is incorrect because you seem to think one of them is.

SF are NOT in government, but they are in Government.

I claimed there was no IRA (the provos dont exist) but then there is an IRA (the New IRA)?

Are the New IRA not just another group in the long line of IRA's?
    There is still an IRA therefore.

markodaly wrote: »
    Are the New IRA not just another group in the long line of IRA's?
    There is still an IRA therefore.

yes indeed they are, though they rejected the only agreement the IRA were involved in. thats the difference.

Another person admitting that the IRA of the early 19th century were the same as the provos. Good for you.

SF are NOT in government, but they are in Government.

they arent in government but they are in government .... so you agree then with what I was saying yet you wanted to see yourself type by pretending you disagreed. More WHATABOUTERY from Markodaly

All these 'psychopaths' that were miraculously cured by the GFA.

Honest to jaysus that one is nearly as shrill and ill informed as 'all de cumunities living in de fear of the 'RA' one.

The murderers of McCartney, Rafferty and Quinn continued as they were in the IRA.

The guy who killed McCabe nearly stabbed his wife to death.

• Advertisement

they arent in government but they are in government ....

Its clear its gone over your head.

The point I am making that SF are indeed in government, they are part of the government in Stormont, are they not?

they are in government in the north, which is a different jurisdiction. Give up the comedy - its not working for you
    Its clear its gone over your head.

The point I am making that SF are indeed in government, they are part of the government in Stormont, are they not?

I did say that. Read the posts Markodaly - just dont jump to reply to them without reading first

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

The murderers of McCartney, Rafferty and Quinn continued as they were in the IRA.

Ah but he is a good republican and so is to be forgiven

That's 3, involved in incidents that had nothing to do with the conflict/war.

Methinks this is going to be another...name more than two or three spies that we know about, and more than two or three involved in sexual abuse dead end.

That's 3, involved in incidents that had nothing to do with the conflict/war.

Methinks this is going to be another...name more than two or three spies that we know about, and more than two or three involved in sexual abuse dead end.

You asked about psychopaths "cured" by the GFA. That's three victims but a group of perpetrators that continued with their psychopathic tendencies after the GFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

All these murders were made prior to the St. Andrews Agreement and prior to when the PIRA had agreed to support policing.

I'm not trying to excuse the murders, but you are going back a long time when transitioning to the political process was only taking place.

As regards Rafferty, it was criminals who killed him according to Bertie Ahern:

Ahern stated the murder was committed by "Elements, probably of criminality, claim[ing] they had links with republicans."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

This is why I dont support any of the IRAs after the GFA.

This sentence cracks me up. The mental gymnastics to sit there and say that you don't support the IRA, you just support the IRA. No, no, not that IRA. The other IRA. No the OTHER IRA. So you're talking about the IRA? Or the IRA?

Can you not see how it gets confusing for normal, sane people when you belligerent republicans go on about the various IRAs they do and don't support. To us, every version of them since the Troubles began, are the same. Sticking Provisional, Real, Continuity, BlahBlah in front of it doesn't change anything. They are the IRA!! Maybe if the morons could come up with original names every time they decided break away from whatever version they were members of, it wouldn't be so confusing.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    This sentence cracks me up. The mental gymnastics to sit there and say that you don't support the IRA, you just support the IRA. No, no, not that IRA. The other IRA. No the OTHER IRA. So you're talking about the IRA? Or the IRA?

Can you not see how it gets confusing for normal, sane people when you belligerent republicans go on about the various IRAs they do and don't support. To us, every version of them since the Troubles began, are the same. Sticking Provisional, Real, Continuity, BlahBlah in front of it doesn't change anything. They are the IRA!! Maybe if the morons could come up with original names every time they decided break away from whatever version they were members of, it wouldn't be so confusing.

let me clear it up for you:

After the GFA, there is no need for any form of the IRA.

You do know what the good friday agreement is yes? Because it cracks me up listening to blahblahblahblah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

what has you making things up go to do with this thread?

Noting made up .

• Advertisement

Yeah_Right wrote: »

Why would anyone be annoyed if you won't take the time to properly inform youself who was who in the war/conflict.

I mean you did a course on this stuff dis you not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement