Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah, the classic SF defence.

Never admit they were wrong, and try and deflect all the time.

Ah the classic FF/FG defence when they've been caught out doing something they shouldn't "but, but, Sinn Fein something, something"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

I almost get the feeling that SF are trying to protect Mary Lou in the same way the FG used to protect Enda Kenny.

Doherty is being rolled out on all of the important issues, when he isn't just saying populist stuff on Highland Radio (urging to Government to focus on the redevelopment of Finn Harps staidium was a personal favourite.

Pushing Cullinane to the fore seems like a massive gamble given his tendency to act before he thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

blackwhite wrote: »
    I don't remember Garda Horkan's funeral taking a detour between the church and final resting place in order to facilitate a political rally that used his coffin as a prop :confused:

And SF's cheerleaders on here claim that it's their critics who try to "politicise" a funeral :pac:

Does Covid know if it was going to a rally or the cemetery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Fann Linn wrote: »

It doesn't give a fcuk where it moves.
    People should know better though!
    People move the virus, it can't move on its own! Have you not got that message from anywhere yet?

It doesn't give a fcuk where it moves.
    People should know better though!
    People move the virus, it can't move on its own! Have you not got that message from anywhere yet?

Well and truly got the message, but plenty on here plus Leo only last weekend, appear to believe there is a differentiation because of who is in the coffin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Superfoods

jay1988 wrote: »
    Ah the classic FF/FG defence when they've been caught out doing something they shouldn't "but, but, Sinn Fein something, something"

What a silly statement. FF/FG got caught and they rightly made sure the majority of people lost their position

Sinn Fein got caught and so far no repurcussions, then you have Sinn Fein shouting about what happened. If Sinn Fein was squeeky clean like Labour/etc then yes shout it from the roof tops. But you want want to be fairly silly to not make the connection.

If Sinn Fein think it is ok for their own politicians and councillors to break the rules and everyone else has a different standard that is a huge concern for a party that wants to run Ireland. People talk about Micheal Martin not having control of his party, what exactly has Mary Lou when councillors have no problem heading for to Spain for a few weeks? really really stupid.

If Mary Lou had any sense she would have told them all once the government formed, now sit down, don't f**k up and wait for this all to come crashing down. Yet we have stories on FF/FG/Green every week but we also have a Sinn Fein story the same week. Even Mary Lou herself standing in Belfast like an idiot. Why exactly did she need to go? send the Michelle one who is responsible for the North.

At this moment in time none of them are fit to run this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,045 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I think it's not hard to see why the FF/FG supporters are annoyed.

It's the 'double whammy' aspect of this.
    Not only have 81 been found to have knowingly broken the regs but they have exposed how it all works in this country and has worked.
    Former judge lambasting it all on the radio atm.

That's why they are annoyed...it has I imagine little to do with the covid transgressions.

You now have a FG member and a FG judge more or less saying they are above and more powerful than the state.
    That is an untenable situation for any legitimate government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah, the classic SF defence.

Never admit they were wrong, and try and deflect all the time.
    I think it’s comical really , I get a bit of a laugh from it . Look at the Apple money for an example- they tried to brainwash their following into thinking that was Ireland’s money to spend and fair play to them it worked because that’s all I could see on Facebook- more houses “ use the Apple money “ pension age “use the Apple money “ more social welfare every week “use the Apple money “ Covid payments bankrupting the country yep again use the Apple money . Then bang when the ruling came not a peep . Councillors doing what and saying what they like not a peep in fact let’s put one up for the mayors gig - then point out “sure look at what so and so has done from FFG “instead of condemning their own member and setting the example they resort to school yard politics and pointing the finger all around them to get them self out of trouble. It is comical that they all line out to mark respect for a good republicans at funerals when the party now resembles noting to what that person was part of - lefty ,populist and bandwagoners these days .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Superfoods wrote: »
    What a silly statement. FF/FG got caught and they rightly made sure the majority of people lost their position.

They actually had positions to lose as cabinet ministers.

Sinn Fein got caught and so far no repurcussions, then you have Sinn Fein shouting about what happened. If Sinn Fein was squeeky clean like Labour/etc then yes shout it from the roof tops. But you want want to be fairly silly to not make the connection.

So what should have been the repercussions for attending a funeral, bearing in mind that Mary Lou is an elected representative and not a cabinet minister.

If Sinn Fein think it is ok for their own politicians and councillors to break the rules and everyone else has a different standard that is a huge concern for a party that wants to run Ireland. People talk about Micheal Martin not having control of his party, what exactly has Mary Lou when councillors have no problem heading for to Spain for a few weeks? really really stupid.

The talk is Michael Martin doesn't have control of his Government Ministers which is an entirely different thing.

Mary Lou cannot sack a Councillor. Its up to the people who elected them to do that. All she can do is remove the SF whip.

If Mary Lou had any sense she would have told them all once the government formed, now sit down, don't f**k up and wait for this all to come crashing down. Yet we have stories on FF/FG/Green every week but we also have a Sinn Fein story the same week. Even Mary Lou herself standing in Belfast like an idiot. Why exactly did she need to go? send the Michelle one who is responsible for the North.

From what I read recently, membership of Sinn Fein is increasing by the day and they are particularly popular with young people. Something like 5000 new members this year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

What a silly statement. FF/FG got caught and they rightly made sure the majority of people lost their position

So will they make Hogan resign?

• Advertisement

jm08 wrote: »
    They actually had positions to lose as cabinet ministers.

Yes and they lost them plus other roles have been vacated
    So what should have been the repercussions for attending a funeral, bearing in mind that Mary Lou is an elected representative and not a cabinet minister.

Mary Lou should have stepped down as her role as leader of Sinn Fein as she clearly cannot lead in a crisis

Or maybe, just not go?
    The talk is Michael Martin doesn't have control of his Government Ministers which is an entirely different thing.

How is it different? he is a leader of a party, same as Mary Lou. She has guys running around shouting "Up da Ra", another throwing accusations about a man killed, another who is going on rants on facebook, another councillor over in Spain for two weeks, a load going up North for a funeral and not following guidelines.

why are people shouting about Michael Martin? so far Mary Lou leadership looks to be fairly poor. Or do you think all of the above shows good leadership?
    Mary Lou cannot sack a Councillor. Its up to the people who elected them to do that. All she can do is remove the SF whip.

She can remove a councillor from Sinn Fein. Very easy to do that. A lot harder to sack your second Agri Minister. Michael Martin done it and done it quickly, which showed improvement in leadership
    From what I read recently, membership of Sinn Fein is increasing by the day and they are particularly popular with young people. Something like 5000 new members this year so far.

If you say so, I am not saying they are/are not getting new members. I am just saying you can't go round shouting/roaring about one political party while doing the same or worse in your own party.

If Sinn Fein kept under the radar for a few months they would probably have 20,000 but they constantly do Sinn Fein things......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,523 ✭✭✭blackwhite

No - but it the risk of transmission increases in line with the length of time that people are in close proximity to each other.

The detour to hold a political rally needlessly increased the risk.

Chiparus wrote: »
    So will they make Hogan resign?

As far as I have seen Martin came out and a number of FF politicians saying he should resign. No idea if FG have done similar. But isn't it out of their control and he has to resign or Europe has to sack him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,523 ✭✭✭blackwhite

So what should have been the repercussions for attending a funeral.

Attending a funeral is one thing.

Holding a political rally halfway through a funeral is something different though.

The defenders of the cult just keep ignoring that part though - doesn't suit the SF can do no wrong ever BS that they keep spamming at every waking hour.

Holding a political rally halfway through a funeral is something different though.

The defenders of the cult just keep ignoring that part though - doesn't suit the SF can do no wrong ever BS that they keep spamming at every waking hour.

Any different to the vigils for Gda. Horkin in Castlerea or Ballaghderreen the week of his murder? We can keep going down this disgusting rabbit hole if Leo, his councillors and supporters fail to see the similarities.

Any different to the vigils for Gda. Horkin in Castlerea or Ballaghderreen the week of his murder? We can keep going down this disgusting rabbit hole if Leo, his councillors and supporters fail to see the similarities.

I don't follow any party.

To me I would be a swing voter. At the moment if I look across all the parties they have issues. So far all I have seen from Sinn Fein is a list of excuses and then accusations. All others parties have kept noses clean or people have lost positions.

So is that the rule for Sinn Fein? they can do what they like without ever having any repercussions for any members? that is alarming to non SF voters.

So what happens if they are in power, run a Golf event. Do we just get told to f**k off because it was Sinn Fein and the general public don't tell us what to do?

I am one of those seriously considering voting SF even though I may be worse off as they will likely increase personal taxes , however I am sick of the cute hoorism , the association with a certain business man, the slime , the greed, the corruption.

What has happened to the siteserv enquiry?
    Why did siteserv get the contract to put in all the water meters ?
    Who got the contract to fuel all the government vehicles.

Why did the current taoiseach put a political donation in his wifes bank account?

I am one of those seriously considering voting SF even though I may be worse off as they will likely increase personal taxes , however I am sick of the cute hoorism , the association with a certain business man, the slime , the greed, the corruption.

Why did the current taoiseach put a political donation in his wifes bank account?

Was it not resting in his account :-)

In regards to Denis O'Brien. Is it not a bit boring now with the finger pointed at him as the boggeyman everytime? the bits I read on the Siteserv just seemed to be people putting 2+2 and getting 100. Not unlike all these looney parties.

Same looney parties are the ones walking the street in Dublin telling us all not to wear masks. Personally I would like all names taken and any health support from HSE stripped, f**k them all. If they get sick let them die, one less nutter in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 27,226 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Absolutely correct, and it seems that the Bobby Storey funeral isn't going away either based on today's reports up North.

It is astounding to see some of the hypocrisy around these issues. A political rally with speeches is ok, but a dinner isn't.

Then we have the poster who is defending the "lowly councillor in Monaghan" who went to Lanzarote who happens to be the same poster who spent months on this forum repeatedly posting a video of a "lowly councillor in Monaghan" or somewhere like that, involved in a glassing incident and claiming it meant that FG were a party of criminal thugs. The double standards on view from them are breathtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,226 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ever few months someone pops up to say that they are seriously considering voting SF even though they will lose personally and that they have never voted for them before but enough is enough. Do I believe them? Nope, because it is the same story each time. The then repeat the same conspiracy theories and half-baked accusations and ignore the past of the Sinn Fein criminal thug politicians.

Dont waste your vote on the illiterates of Sinn Fein.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »

Yes...vote for the super literates who will drive a coach and four through all the principles of any truly democratic state when it suits them to. Except they'll do it over a slap up 4 course meal. So civilised. :D

blanch152 wrote: »
    Ever few months someone pops up to say that they are seriously considering voting SF even though they will lose personally and that they have never voted for them before but enough is enough. Do I believe them? Nope, because it is the same story each time. The then repeat the same conspiracy theories and half-baked accusations and ignore the past of the Sinn Fein criminal thug politicians.

Yes I know, but when you see Hogan bought his K club pad with cash - yes 420k cash.

This is a guy who wanted to cut the water off to families.

we looked to FG for honesty and we get none.

Even St Garreth got a free gaff.

In regards to Denis O'Brien. Is it not a bit boring now with the finger pointed at him as the boggeyman everytime? the bits I read on the Siteserv just seemed to be people putting 2+2 and getting 100. Not unlike all these looney parties.

Same looney parties are the ones walking the street in Dublin telling us all not to wear masks. Personally I would like all names taken and any health support from HSE stripped, f**k them all. If they get sick let them die, one less nutter in Ireland

You dont get it, do you?

I don't follow any party.

To me I would be a swing voter. At the moment if I look across all the parties they have issues. So far all I have seen from Sinn Fein is a list of excuses and then accusations. All others parties have kept noses clean or people have lost positions.

So is that the rule for Sinn Fein? they can do what they like without ever having any repercussions for any members? that is alarming to non SF voters.

So what happens if they are in power, run a Golf event. Do we just get told to f**k off because it was Sinn Fein and the general public don't tell us what to do?

Care to comment on the similarities between the two funerals which Leo and FG are trying to avoid.

Care to comment on the similarities between the two funerals which Leo and FG are trying to avoid.

Going in circles.

I have yet to see a single answer from anyone. It just seem to be point at someone else. Hardly very assuring if Sinn Fein want to be in government.

So taking what every other party has did/done. What do you think of Sinn Fein rocking up the round for a funeral/rally?

Yes I know, but when you see Hogan bought his K club pad with cash - yes 420k cash.

This is a guy who wanted to cut the water off to families.

we looked to FG for honesty and we get none.

Even St Garreth got a free gaff.

Yes...Enda in 2011 - new politics guff. The same Enda who would have been sitting down at the table at this event had there not been a pandemic.

It all goes beyond the pandemic to the core of how this state has been run and the FG FF boys and gals know it.

You dont get it, do you?

Do you? this seems to be the best description

https://www.thejournal.ie/catherine-murphy-siteserv-ibrc-2063102-Apr2015/

Even though they are looney ( far right) , we have to treat them, like smokers , like motorcyclists , like criminals- that is the premise of our healthcare.

Curious bunch of people ,( in general) conspiracy theorists , poorly educated, rightwing, anti-immigrant anti-abortion, from mostly working class background.

The rally last weekend was a real shock (at the level of support).

Far more concerned about them , than the shinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Even though they are looney ( far right) , we have to treat them, like smokers , like motorcyclists , like criminals- that is the premise of our healthcare.

Curious bunch of people ,( in general) conspiracy theorists , poorly educated, rightwing, anti-immigrant anti-abortion, from mostly working class background.

You forgot low IQ . Want everything for noting brigade .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

In fairness they haven't murdered anyone yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement