Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes: homemade
    8I had to laugh. There was this old one on Virgin 1 news and she was going on bullsh,iting about 1 rule for them and one for us and that she was deciding not to wear the mask anymore after today and she did not even have a mask one but when of them shields the stupid bitch.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

No: I will wait for the HSE to recommend
    robinph wrote: »
    So you belive that I should be culled because you don't feel like wearing a mask. Delightful.

Mentions of cull: 0

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

No: I don't care enough
    Mentions of cull: 0

How are you proposing to remove my apparently dodgy genes from the pool then? You claimed that this was happening so as to clean up the gene pool because apparently only people with dodgy genetics now catch covid19.

This is surely the most talented virus ever as it can find people with dodgy genes, and people who don't wear a mask properly or sit too close to anyone whilst eating a €9 meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Yes: surgical
    So you belive that I should be culled because you don't feel like wearing a mask. Delightful.

There are some vile people on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

How are you proposing to remove my apparently dodgy genes from the pool then? You claimed that this was happening so as to clean up the gene pool because apparently only people with dodgy genetics now catch covid19.

This is surely the most talented virus ever as it can find people with dodgy genes, and people who don't wear a mask properly or sit too close to anyone whilst eating a €9 meal.

Where did I claim that Covid was here to clean up the gene pool. Are some posters hallucinating and seeing what they want to see?? Lads, ye are wearing your masks too tight.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

People need to stop living in fear and get on with their lives. Ask yourself the question is life worth living if your constantly in fear of death or being on a ventilator or whatever the latest absolute sh1te the lockdown/mask brigade or as I like to call them the true covidiots come out with.

It's not a choice between wearing a mask or being on a ventilator it's a choice between freedom and fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yes: surgical
    GT89 wrote: »
    People need to stop living in fear and get on with their lives. Ask yourself the question is life worth living if your constantly in fear of death or being on a ventilator or whatever the latest absolute sh1te the lockdown/mask brigade or as I like to call them the true covidiots come out with.

It's not a choice between wearing a mask or being on a ventilator it's a choice between freedom and fear.

Genuine question: On which planet is that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm sure we must have covered the fact that masks are not to protect the wearer, but to protect those around you. I'm wearing a mask to protect you, what are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Yes: to protect myself and others

Karen, you clearly are misinformed why you should wear a mask.

Also no need to be afraid, just take responsibility...

I'm sure we must have covered the fact that masks are not to protect the wearer, but to protect those around you. I'm wearing a mask to protect you, what are you doing?

Whether it be fear of getting the virus or fear of spreading it it's all fear at end at the end of the day . The masks serve a constant reminder of this fear. Maybe if people just forget about the virus and stop thinking about it the fear would disappear. The masks serve as a constant reminder of this fear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Yes: valved
    Whether it be fear of getting the virus or fear of spreading it it's all fear at end at the end of the day . The masks serve a constant reminder of this fear. Maybe if people just forget about the virus and stop thinking about it the fear would disappear. The masks serve as a constant reminder of this fear.

I have more fear seeing a bare faced covidiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

The virus won't magically disappear if we forget about it or wearing masks, it will spread like wildfire; which will not serve to lessen any fears.

The masks serve as a constant reminder to protect one another from this highly contagious killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Once again, I enter the thread hoping to read informed opinions and leave completely baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Seatbelts do a similar job.

Are you fearful.everytime you sit in a car?

I have more fear seeing a bare faced covidiot.

No need to fear anyone the virus ain't gonna kill you unless your half dead anyway

Deja Boo wrote: »
    The virus won't magically disappear if we forget about it or wearing masks, it will spread like wildfire; which will not serve to lessen any fears.

The masks serve as a constant reminder to protect one another from this highly contagious killer.

It's not a killer in the same way as cancer, heart disease etc. Govt. are counting anyone who died with covid not everyone who died of covid so most of deaths were people who were likely gonna die anyway. Think about it there are so amny people who are asymptomatic it couldn't be that serious or those people would be severly symptomatic.

If I was about to die I think covid would be the least of worries.

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    Seatbelts do a similar job.

Are you fearful.everytime you sit in a car?

Depends who's driving. No seatbelts on buses and feel perfectly safe travelling by bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Nope. There are countries without restrictions and with very few people wearing masks for quite some time already. No "wildfire spread" over there. It will not be different here too.
    If this is "highly contagious killer" so is common cold or flu. The masks serve as a constant reminder of wrong policy being applied. It has more to do with saving faces of people who threw us under the bus instead of doing something meaningful on this one.

Depends who's driving. No seatbelts on buses and feel perfectly safe travelling by bus.

So, your saying you dont feel fear wearing a seatbelt ... gotcha.

Also, way i look at it. If everyine wears a mask the vulnerable and healthy can all move around without fear of infection. No masks and only the healthy can move around without fear.

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Nope. There are countries without restrictions and with very few people wearing masks for quite some time already. No "wildfire spread" over there. It will not be different here too.

If this is "highly contagious killer" so is common cold or flu. The masks serve as a constant reminder of wrong policy being applied. It has more to do with saving faces of people who threw us under the bus instead of doing something meaningful on this one.

Itsjusttheflubro..... good god, still?

• Advertisement

So, your saying you dont feel fear wearing a seatbelt ... gotcha.

Also, way i look at it. If everyine wears a mask the vulnerable and healthy can all move around without fear of infection. No masks and only the healthy can move around without fear.

There's a lot more that could kill a vulnerable person than just cv19. Why should covid be the only thing they should actually fear when they are more likely to die of whatever underlying condition they have. Somethings going to kill us all at the end of the day.

Itsjusttheflubro..... good god, still?

A little comprehension goes much further than trying to be woke.

Yes - covid is on par with flu or common cold when it comes to a person with serious underlying health issues.
    People who suffer from serious health complications will likely die when they catch bad cold, flu or covid for that case. Trying to argue which one if them 3 is worse is a fools errand as all of them do have potential to bring in a death to the person who is seriously sick already.

A little comprehension goes much further than trying to be woke.

Yes - covid is on par with flu or common cold when it comes to a person with serious underlying health issues.
    People who suffer from serious health complications will likely die when they catch bad cold, flu or covid for that case. Trying to argue which one if them 3 is worse is a fools errand as all of them do have potential to bring in a death to the person who is seriously sick already.

So the fact its a vascular disease that causes blood clots and strokes in ages 30 up doesnt bother you?

That nuerosurgeons in US could not believe they witnessed blood clots being reformed as they dissolved them in surgery?

That covid19 autopsises show scarring and clots in lungs kidneys and brains?

That there is scarring in asymptomatic kids cases? (With advice to drs to wstch possible fertility issues due to scarring of testes, they dont know yet.)

Oh and its a coronavirus so if you do get a mild dose antibodies will protect you from 3 to 9 months but after that we are not sure if reinfection is a thing?
    (And we are only hitting the 9 month mark now.)

Point is we dont know.

Excess deaths alone in any country should alert even the most dim witted this is not on par with the flu.
    Well,it is on par with one flu. Spanish flu.

Even in 1918 with that crazy death toll there were many antimaskers too.

There's a lot more that could kill a vulnerable person than just cv19. Why should covid be the only thing they should actually fear when they are more likely to die of whatever underlying condition they have. Somethings going to kill us all at the end of the day.

masks work for the other infectious 'things that could kill a vulnerable person' too.

Are you really saying you KNOW a mask could save a life but your not prepared to wear one because your afraid?

And you dont think other people should wear them either, even though you know they save lives, because you feel uncomfortable looking at them?

Really? Thats your argument?

So the fact its a vascular disease that causes blood clots and strokes in ages 30 up doesnt bother you?

That nuerosurgeons in US could not believe they witnessed blood clots being reformed as they dissolved them in surgery?

That covid19 autopsises show scarring and clots in lungs kidneys and brains?

That there is scarring in asymptomatic kids cases? (With advice to drs to wstch possible fertility issues due to scarring of testes, they dont know yet.)

Oh and its a coronavirus so if you do get a mild dose antibodies will protect you from 3 to 9 months but after that we are not sure if reinfection is a thing?
    (And we are only hitting the 9 month mark now.)

Point is we dont know.

Excess deaths alone in any country should alert even the most dim witted this is not on par with the flu.
    Well,it is on par with one flu. Spanish flu.

Even in 1918 with that crazy death toll there were many antimaskers too.

:rolleyes: So?
    There are always odd cases of some strange or extreme reactions like it happens with any other disease yet data shows that this is a mild disease with no real damage to absolute majority of people who got it so far.

You are the one responsible for your own wellbeing. If you feel like mask is going to help you then by all means wear one. If you are afraid you may catch it then advice is to stay home. If you feels like this is the end of the world so be it, it is your feeling. However, you can not force your feelings on someone else.

This extreme scaremongering is really getting old.

No need to fear anyone the virus ain't gonna kill you unless your half dead anyway

So does that mean I'm half dead and not worthy of a space on your planet of people with pure genes?

:rolleyes: So?
    There are always odd cases of some strange or extreme reactions like it happens with any other disease yet data shows that this is a mild disease with no real damage to absolute majority of people who got it so far.

You are the one responsible for your own wellbeing. If you feel like mask is going to help you then by all means wear one. If you are afraid you may catch it then advice is to stay home. If you feels like this is the end of the world so be it, it is your feeling. However, you can not force your feelings on someone else.

This extreme scaremongering is really getting old.

Me wearing a mask isn't going to save me, that's down to you to wear a mask. Society decides all the time on things that are for the benefit of others so you shouldn't do, for now this is merely the wearing of a mask and has to be one of the least restrictive regulations on anyone's liberty that has ever been brought in by any government but which has a benefit for others.

Where did I claim that Covid was here to clean up the gene pool.
    Here you go.
    Someones weak genes are no one else’s concern. It’s evolution. It removes the weak genes from the pool by making them weak and vulnerable to disease that others can fight off. It’s been happening for millennia. Happens in all living things.
    Wonder if lack of short term memory is a sign of bad genes that need removing from the gene pool as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Yes: to protect myself and others
    Truly ironic that we have someone who whines incessantly about masks, and has invented an anxiety disorder to get out of wearing one, is calling ANYBODY else "weak".

• Advertisement

Me wearing a mask isn't going to save me, that's down to you to wear a mask. Society decides all the time on things that are for the benefit of others so you shouldn't do, for now this is merely the wearing of a mask and has to be one of the least restrictive regulations on anyone's liberty that has ever been brought in by any government but which has a benefit for others.

And that is what I said. If you feel vulnerable take all precautions. Masks in a shops maybe a good call yet we somehow survived without it for over 6 months without any outbreaks in shopping centres or something like that.
    It is absurd that we still pretend that what is going on is the right and the only way when we were proven otherwise. Response was based on wrong predictions and instead of adjusting and targeting it to where it is needed our government stick to the approach which is not helping.
    We keep tens of thousands peple out of their jobs and we will be paying for it down the road. Additional lockdowns, talk about going back to full lockdown, call for mandatory masks while outdoors....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement