Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenet (Christopher Nolan) *spoilers from post 475*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ixoy wrote: »
    I imagine the likes of johnny_ultimate will be particularly pleased to know they've got a 4D showing too :D

4D is bordering on heretical ;)

On the subject of Cineworld, I actually wouldn’t be surprised if we see some of the bigger multiplexes showing this in nearly every single screen they have. While I’d usually be wildly opposed to such blockbuster dominance, the sheer lack of new films and the severely reduced capacity in screens means there might be some extreme measures taken! Only question is whether Warner would give them a dozen DCPs at a reasonable rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Remind me - 4D is what exactly....3D with splashes of water thrown at you or some **** like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Remind me - 4D is what exactly....3D with splashes of water thrown at you or some **** like that?

Your seat jolts all over the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I really want to see this but practically 3 hours in the cinema with a mask will be hard work...

.. how will I eat my "so called popped corn"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Basq wrote: »
    I really want to see this but practically 3 hours in the cinema with a mask will be hard work...

From what I've seen, you're not obliged to wear the mask once you've taken your seat. I suspect I'll be erring on the side of caution though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Basq wrote: »

I was at interstellar tonight and you wear mask in and out but can take off during movie.

If you think about it, once people don’t talk it’s actually safer then a pub or a classroom or many office environments.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

peteeeed wrote: »
    Your seat jolts all over the shop
    You also get little spurts of air either side of your neck at times. I did it once, for 'Solo' because I wanted to see if the experience was annoying as I thought it might be and that was the only suitable time after work. I would never do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

You also get little spurts of air either side of your neck at times. I did it once, for 'Solo' because I wanted to see if the experience was annoying as I thought it might be and that was the only suitable time after work. I would never do it again.

yep i saw avengers Infinity war and i can only say that if it really was what the experience of flying , tony stark would have thrown his suit in a skip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Nothing like a splash of water, a little dose of whiplash or the feel of someone coughing on your neck to take you out of the cinematic experience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I booked for The Lighthouse screen 1; no one sitting beside, in front or behind you - it sounds like bliss tbh and I'm looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,566 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Just saw the ad that says this is out Aug 26th .
    Seems a crazy idea to release a 200 million film in the current climate.
    It should be put back till next summer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's a calculated bet. There's been nothing new in the cinema for months now so they're reckoning on a pent-up demand, especially for somebody known for big screen spectacle. if they held off until next year, it might be more likely to get lost amongst all the other films since there's a big backlog now.
    It's also opening in territories that they deemed looking safe enough so it's not getting a wide US distribution.

I imagine a lot of other studios will be looking to see how it performs (and I assume studios still have bills to pay so they can't keep waiting).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Was looking forward to this but then remembered last three nolan films.. severely bored by dark knight rises and dunkirk, and completely underwhelmed and disappointed by interstellar. Inception and dark knight both 10/10 flicks though. Really hope tenet will be a return to form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Could potentially be the last chance they have at making a cinema release!! Cinemas might not be around this time next year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd be fascinated to see the revised projections Warners have for this; it was a big gamble before most major markets started experiencing a surge of infections (well there's a sentence 2019 me could never have predicted), now it seems more so. Though I've not read nor seen any news of cinemas being closed again, while the new lockdowns have been regional rather than national. I don't get a sense chains are considered high risk in comparison with (say) the various meat packing companies at the centre of outbreaks.

Sounds positive ->

Couple of impressions from a press screening

Absolutely no spoilers btw

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2020/8/9j7re4a3q83tj38crh0tfoa0spj7dk?format=amp

In the mould of his core original stuff but less obtuse, more concise and the actors have the scope to act.

Like the sound of it.

glasso wrote: »
    Sounds positive ->

Couple of impressions from a press screening

Absolutely no spoilers btw

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2020/8/9j7re4a3q83tj38crh0tfoa0spj7dk?format=amp

In the mould of his core original stuff but less obtuse, more concise and the actors have the scope to act.

Like the sound of it.

Yes it does sound very positive.

That first review whilst not having direct spoilers definitely alludes to a few things that are spoilers in an indirect sort of way.

Yes it does sound very positive.

That first review whilst not having direct spoilers definitely alludes to a few things that are spoilers in an indirect sort of way.

If you've watched the trailer you would already know more than anything alluded to there tbh

glasso wrote: »
    If you've watched the trailer you would already know more than anything alluded to there tbh

I've seen the trailers and that first review has got my brain thinking stuff but that might just be me .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I am really looking forward to this. I remember seeing the IMAX teaser....... Before the last Star Wars movie!!!! I am studiously avoiding spoilers for this. Not even looking at the barest reviews. Especially as many critics were a bit sniffy about Interstellar which I loved (Except Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain's parts should have been reversed)

Looking forward to going to the imax and having a glass of wine watching this :)

Yeah,I would imagine that if it was successful, that they will re-release this in the cinema next summer. Big "See it on the biggest screen you can find" type campaign. Certainly won't be released online/home until after that. Say, this time next year.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to going to the imax and having a glass of wine watching this :)

There's still no proper Imax in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

There's still no proper Imax in Ireland ?

From my understanding, we have the projectors but we don't have screens/walls big enough to display the full resolution.

OK, Jesus, I'm looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I've booked an early afternoon showing for the 28th. Hopefully its not very busy and we can watch it without feeling anxious

OK, afternoon showing on 28th booked.

Back row centre with no seats allowed to left of me and only two seats allowed to book on far right on row.

Cinemas still showing signs of being severely impacted as no other seats in my screen booked at all (and very little others seats booked for MAXX screening that day).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Booked in for Cineworld on Sat 29th. I have a yearly pass and they sent me an email with a code for an additional free ticket for Tenet so happy days.

Booked Blanch on Sat 29th..... As I said before, I can't believe it but it was at the last Star Wars movie that showed that short Prologue for this..... and the Stars Movie is now on Disney+ Jeez, Covid, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Booked in for 5pm on Thursday so I'll be clocking out of work at 3.30, hopefully the cinemas will still actually be open. :P

Entertainment.ie and The Guardian both gave it a
    pretty damn scathing review! 2.5/5 for EI and 2/5 for The Guardian.

This does not bode well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

88% on rotten tmaters. The word spectacle is mentioned quite a bit.

Advertisement