Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

outonawing wrote: »
    I attempted a transfer into DeGiro a couple of months ago and got an email saying that they were not accepting transfers at that time.

Thanks, hopefully that is still not the case. Did it take long for them to respond? It's been nearly a week now sice I emailed them.

• outonawing wrote: »
    I attempted a transfer into DeGiro a couple of months ago and got an email saying that they were not accepting transfers at that time.

Do you have a custody account?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Thanks, hopefully that is still not the case. Did it take long for them to respond? It's been nearly a week now sice I emailed them.

They replied within 24 hours.

Do you have a custody account?

No, I don't.

• outonawing wrote: »
    No, I don't.

Cheers. I was wondering if that was a possible reason. They are less favourable to custody accounts, but this wasn't the reason in this case.

• Advertisement

Cheers. I was wondering if that was a possible reason. They are less favourable to custody accounts, but this wasn't the reason in this case.

Perhaps I should have added for clarity, that they said if I replied to the email, they would notify me when the policy changed back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

They replied within 24 hours.

Thanks for this information. I will send them a follow up email.

• Can I ask what's your experience of using Margin to buy shares through DeGiro?

Can I ask what's your experience of using Margin to buy shares through DeGiro?

Don't buy unless I've got the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

I am a rather happy user of Degiro

it tells me at 8 a.m.what my portfolio is worth, showing the price of my only share. Though the site tells me the prices are 15 mins behind. I dont know if I can trade before 08.15.What my question is really is ,amI buying at the actual time, the site shows bid offers and sale offers.

The site shows the total number of shares traded at any time ,but it appears to be just the number traded with them.

GLA

• Advertisement

• rugbyman wrote: »
    I am a rather happy user of Degiro

it tells me at 8 a.m.what my portfolio is worth, showing the price of my only share. Though the site tells me the prices are 15 mins behind. I dont know if I can trade before 08.15.What my question is really is ,amI buying at the actual time, the site shows bid offers and sale offers.

The site shows the total number of shares traded at any time ,but it appears to be just the number traded with them.

GLA

For Nasdaq or anything showing on Degiro 15mins delayed you are still buying/selling at the current market rate. Imagine if you could buy sell knowing 15 minutes in advance. :D

I use Yahoo Finance or similar to get RT positions. But, you can also pay for RT within DeGiro... I don't know what the monthly cost is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Does DeGiro reimburse you the negative rate upto €2.5k on deposit with the new Flatex bank ?

Does DeGiro reimburse you the negative rate upto €2.5k on deposit with the new Flatex bank ?

Pretty sure they do

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Hi Folks, Is it possible to place premarket orders with DeGiro ?

AOH77A wrote: »
    Hi Folks, Is it possible to place premarket orders with DeGiro ?

Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Hi, Bough some shares and it was put through as two transactions by DeGiro. Is this normal? And how can you stop it happening? Thanks

Hi, Bough some shares and it was put through as two transactions by DeGiro. Is this normal? And how can you stop it happening? Thanks

We're you charged a fee twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah it's normal, It just means they went through at 2 different prices, as there weren't enough shares available at the lower price (but they were all under your max price regardless). You only get charged one commission rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭nakano3153

Can anyone explain how the 'manual' currency handling works in DeGiro? I am mostly trading US equities. When I liquidate US equity positions I would like the option to keep the cash in USD until the euro weakens again.
    It's not clear to me how this works - webtrader says residual balance goes into Morgan Stanley FundShare cash funds.

• nakano3153 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain how the 'manual' currency handling works in DeGiro? I am mostly trading US equities. When I liquidate US equity positions I would like the option to keep the cash in USD until the euro weakens again.
    It's not clear to me how this works - webtrader says residual balance goes into Morgan Stanley FundShare cash funds.

I asked a similar question above. Since I've read something along the lines that a USD accoount will open up. Bear in mind that when automatic the charge is 10 basis points off spot, when manual it involves a different charge. I didn't look up the actual charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭nakano3153

I asked a similar question above. Since I've read something along the lines that a USD accoount will open up. Bear in mind that when automatic the charge is 10 basis points off spot, when manual it involves a different charge. I didn't look up the actual charge.

I did search the thread before asking but used the wrong phrase.
    So a USD fund opens up? Makes sense. Thanks!

• nakano3153 wrote: »
    I did search the thread before asking but used the wrong phrase.

It's okay, it wasn't answered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Mav11

Word of caution. Looking at a particular share for a while and when the price dropped sharply yesterday morning decided to pounce. Because I hadn't traded that share before Degiro forced me to do a test. By the time I had finished the test the share had risen 10%, disgusted!!!:mad:

• Mav11 wrote: »
    Word of caution. Looking at a particular share for a while and when the price dropped sharply yesterday morning decided to pounce. Because I hadn't traded that share before Degiro forced me to do a test. By the time I had finished the test the share had risen 10%, disgusted!!!:mad:

You think that's bad. They totally disabled by account for the best part of a week and to get the money refunded and resent to them added longer. I don't think it was taken well.

Mav11 wrote: »

Every Degiro user should go to Settings - Product Settings - and ensure they have Standard Shares and Complex Shares enabled. If you don't click it and do the tests. They have some fairly normal stocks classified as "Complex".

If you're doing Options etc do the tests for those too.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

Yes you can

How? Is this new?

How? Is this new?

Don't know if it's new, but you place your order the same as if the market is open.

Don't know if it's new, but you place your order the same as if the market is open.
    You can place orders, but they won't be fulfilled until markets open

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You can place orders, but they won't be fulfilled until markets open

Correct :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

So if you set USD to manual, from autofx, and sell your shares, it will retain the proceeds of the sale as dollars until whatever date you wish to exchange?

Advertisement