Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Using DeGiro

1212224262745

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ SchrodingersCat


    outonawing wrote: »
    I attempted a transfer into DeGiro a couple of months ago and got an email saying that they were not accepting transfers at that time.

    Thanks, hopefully that is still not the case. Did it take long for them to respond? It's been nearly a week now sice I emailed them.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭ Chinese whospers


    outonawing wrote: »
    I attempted a transfer into DeGiro a couple of months ago and got an email saying that they were not accepting transfers at that time.

    Do you have a custody account?

    I’m in love with him and I feel fine.



  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ outonawing


    Thanks, hopefully that is still not the case. Did it take long for them to respond? It's been nearly a week now sice I emailed them.

    They replied within 24 hours.


  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ outonawing


    Do you have a custody account?

    No, I don't.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭ Chinese whospers


    outonawing wrote: »
    No, I don't.

    Cheers. I was wondering if that was a possible reason. They are less favourable to custody accounts, but this wasn't the reason in this case.

    I’m in love with him and I feel fine.



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ outonawing


    Cheers. I was wondering if that was a possible reason. They are less favourable to custody accounts, but this wasn't the reason in this case.

    Perhaps I should have added for clarity, that they said if I replied to the email, they would notify me when the policy changed back again.


  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ SchrodingersCat


    outonawing wrote: »
    They replied within 24 hours.


    Thanks for this information. I will send them a follow up email.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭ Chinese whospers


    Can I ask what's your experience of using Margin to buy shares through DeGiro?

    I’m in love with him and I feel fine.



  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ outonawing


    Can I ask what's your experience of using Margin to buy shares through DeGiro?

    Don't buy unless I've got the cash.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭ rugbyman


    I am a rather happy user of Degiro

    it tells me at 8 a.m.what my portfolio is worth, showing the price of my only share. Though the site tells me the prices are 15 mins behind. I dont know if I can trade before 08.15.What my question is really is ,amI buying at the actual time, the site shows bid offers and sale offers.

    The site shows the total number of shares traded at any time ,but it appears to be just the number traded with them.

    GLA


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭ Chinese whospers


    rugbyman wrote: »
    I am a rather happy user of Degiro

    it tells me at 8 a.m.what my portfolio is worth, showing the price of my only share. Though the site tells me the prices are 15 mins behind. I dont know if I can trade before 08.15.What my question is really is ,amI buying at the actual time, the site shows bid offers and sale offers.

    The site shows the total number of shares traded at any time ,but it appears to be just the number traded with them.

    GLA

    For Nasdaq or anything showing on Degiro 15mins delayed you are still buying/selling at the current market rate. Imagine if you could buy sell knowing 15 minutes in advance. :D

    I use Yahoo Finance or similar to get RT positions. But, you can also pay for RT within DeGiro... I don't know what the monthly cost is though.

    I’m in love with him and I feel fine.



  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭ TiGeR KiNgS


    Does DeGiro reimburse you the negative rate upto €2.5k on deposit with the new Flatex bank ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ outonawing


    Does DeGiro reimburse you the negative rate upto €2.5k on deposit with the new Flatex bank ?

    Pretty sure they do


  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ AOH77A


    Hi Folks, Is it possible to place premarket orders with DeGiro ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ outonawing


    AOH77A wrote: »
    Hi Folks, Is it possible to place premarket orders with DeGiro ?

    Yes you can


  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ AOH77A


    Hi, Bough some shares and it was put through as two transactions by DeGiro. Is this normal? And how can you stop it happening? Thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ outonawing


    AOH77A wrote: »
    Hi, Bough some shares and it was put through as two transactions by DeGiro. Is this normal? And how can you stop it happening? Thanks

    We're you charged a fee twice?


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    AOH77A wrote: »
    Hi, Bough some shares and it was put through as two transactions by DeGiro. Is this normal? And how can you stop it happening? Thanks

    Yeah it's normal, It just means they went through at 2 different prices, as there weren't enough shares available at the lower price (but they were all under your max price regardless). You only get charged one commission rate.


  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ nakano3153


    Can anyone explain how the 'manual' currency handling works in DeGiro? I am mostly trading US equities. When I liquidate US equity positions I would like the option to keep the cash in USD until the euro weakens again.
    It's not clear to me how this works - webtrader says residual balance goes into Morgan Stanley FundShare cash funds.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭ Chinese whospers


    nakano3153 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain how the 'manual' currency handling works in DeGiro? I am mostly trading US equities. When I liquidate US equity positions I would like the option to keep the cash in USD until the euro weakens again.
    It's not clear to me how this works - webtrader says residual balance goes into Morgan Stanley FundShare cash funds.

    I asked a similar question above. Since I've read something along the lines that a USD accoount will open up. Bear in mind that when automatic the charge is 10 basis points off spot, when manual it involves a different charge. I didn't look up the actual charge.

    I’m in love with him and I feel fine.



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ nakano3153


    I asked a similar question above. Since I've read something along the lines that a USD accoount will open up. Bear in mind that when automatic the charge is 10 basis points off spot, when manual it involves a different charge. I didn't look up the actual charge.

    I did search the thread before asking but used the wrong phrase.
    So a USD fund opens up? Makes sense. Thanks!


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭ Chinese whospers


    nakano3153 wrote: »
    I did search the thread before asking but used the wrong phrase.

    It's okay, it wasn't answered :D

    I’m in love with him and I feel fine.



  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭ Mav11


    Word of caution. Looking at a particular share for a while and when the price dropped sharply yesterday morning decided to pounce. Because I hadn't traded that share before Degiro forced me to do a test. By the time I had finished the test the share had risen 10%, disgusted!!!:mad:


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭ Chinese whospers


    Mav11 wrote: »
    Word of caution. Looking at a particular share for a while and when the price dropped sharply yesterday morning decided to pounce. Because I hadn't traded that share before Degiro forced me to do a test. By the time I had finished the test the share had risen 10%, disgusted!!!:mad:

    You think that's bad. They totally disabled by account for the best part of a week and to get the money refunded and resent to them added longer. I don't think it was taken well.

    I’m in love with him and I feel fine.



  • Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    Mav11 wrote: »
    Word of caution. Looking at a particular share for a while and when the price dropped sharply yesterday morning decided to pounce. Because I hadn't traded that share before Degiro forced me to do a test. By the time I had finished the test the share had risen 10%, disgusted!!!:mad:

    Every Degiro user should go to Settings - Product Settings - and ensure they have Standard Shares and Complex Shares enabled. If you don't click it and do the tests. They have some fairly normal stocks classified as "Complex".

    If you're doing Options etc do the tests for those too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ inisfree0504


    outonawing wrote: »
    Yes you can

    How? Is this new?


  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ outonawing


    How? Is this new?

    Don't know if it's new, but you place your order the same as if the market is open.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    outonawing wrote: »
    Don't know if it's new, but you place your order the same as if the market is open.
    You can place orders, but they won't be fulfilled until markets open


  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ outonawing


    Shedite27 wrote: »
    You can place orders, but they won't be fulfilled until markets open

    Correct :-)


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭ Rothmans


    I asked a similar question above. Since I've read something along the lines that a USD accoount will open up. Bear in mind that when automatic the charge is 10 basis points off spot, when manual it involves a different charge. I didn't look up the actual charge.

    So if you set USD to manual, from autofx, and sell your shares, it will retain the proceeds of the sale as dollars until whatever date you wish to exchange?


Advertisement