Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is that a Mountain of Salt? Nope, it's the Leinster v Munster build up thread/love in

• 17-08-2020 12:35pm

Fresh from their recent World Cup victory, Munster rugby look to restart their season with a win over former arch rivals Leinster.

After an unbeaten half year, Johnny Swoleston will once again lead the men in blue against the (men in blue) in red.

So many questions.

Will Snyman be the antidote to Munster's lack of manliness up front?

Will Ross Byrne cross field kick? (lol of course he will)

Will Peter O'Mahony check the dressing room is empty before kick off?

Will Scott Fardy have the best beard?

Will .ak take a break from his covid hemp vaccine research and join us for the game?

So many questions, so few answers (other than Ross Byrne will obviously defo cross field).

This is it folks, after months of waiting it's finally here. What we've all been waiting for.

The Munster v Leinster Build up thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

You forgot about the Leinster wrap!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Thread title is wrong.

Should read Leinster v South Africa B.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Venjur wrote: »
    Will Snyman be the antidote to Munster's lack of manliness up front?

kak 'n beer in die bos?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

James Lowe to out-pashun all of Munster. The entire population of Munster, that is.

dregin wrote: »
    James Lowe to out-pashun all of Munster. The entire population of Munster, that is.

Is there anyone in Munster who isn't from Leinster at this stage ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

dregin wrote: »

I hope Lowe brings a bit of niggle and ****housery again.

The stories we've gotten out of him in a few short years against Munster are fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Clegg wrote: »
    Thread title is wrong.

Only if the B stands for Bin Juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

The Leinster Rugby Head Coach Leo Cullen has issued an injury update ahead of Saturday’s eagerly-anticipated Guinness PRO14 game against Munster Rugby at the Aviva Stadium (Kick-Off: 7.35pm – Live on eir Sport & RTÉ Radio).

Unfortunately, the update is not positive for a number of players with both Fergus McFadden and Conor O’Brien ruled out of contention.

McFadden picked up a calf injury and will be unavailable for up to six weeks, while O’Brien had a procedure last week on a long-standing hamstring issue and is expected to be unavailable for a number of months.

There was also an update on Vakh Abdaladze’s long-standing back issue with the 24-year-old prop due to have a procedure this week to address the injury. There will be clarity on his expected return to play time following the procedure.

There was some positive news on the injury front with Peter Dooley expected to return to training this week after a shoulder injury, with Dan Leavy also continuing his progress and his gradual exposure to rugby training as he recovers from his knee injury.

Is that McFadden finished then? The Pro 14 ends on the 12th of September and our last guaranteed Champions Cup game is on the 19th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

would appear so.

• Advertisement

Very interested in seeing how the breakdown goes on Saturday. Leinster's success has been built partly on excellent clearing out. Will always remember how we nullified Beirne in the Champions Cup SF and Pro 14 final for example. I've only watched a few games since rugby restarted, but it seems that referees are blowing in favour of the team attacking for turnovers now. We'll need to be zeroed in on clearing out more than ever before.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Munster players confirm they will adhere to strict social distancing rules and not get within 2m of James Lowe at any point in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Munster players confirm they will adhere to strict social distancing rules and not get within 2m of James Lowe at any point in the game.

If Mr. Clapper decides to say hello after a stoppage in play I hope Snyman gives him the Bakkies treatment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭shootermacg

JS.png

What channel is this going to be on? God I've missed rugby

What channel is this going to be on? God I've missed rugby

Presume Eir will be showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Clegg wrote: »
    Thread title is wrong.

Dunno, there is a whiff of Saracens off Munster these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Dunno, there is a whiff of Saracens off Munster these days.

Minus the trophies of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If Mr. Clapper decides to say hello after a stoppage in play I hope Snyman gives him the Bakkies treatment. :D

Snyman will try make it look like a scrap, but he really just wants to sniff Lowe's hair and try figure out what conditioner he uses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Munster handling so poor they couldn't even catch Covid

CJ Stander currently eating every single Mushroom in the South West.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

It's a foreshadowing for Saturday; a great result against a universally hated enemy. ;)

Jaysus, the absolute bang of west brit off this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Would a pub (where you could eat your €9 meal) be showing this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

mfceiling wrote: »
    Would a pub (where you could eat your €9 meal) be showing this game?

Yes

aloooof wrote: »
    It's a foreshadowing for Saturday; a great result against a universally hated enemy. ;)

Against Covid, a "great result" is not losing too badly.

Apt.

Best guess at Leinster 23:

Healy
    Kelleher
    Furlong
    Toner
    Fardy
    Ruddock
    VDF
    Doris
    McGrath
    Sexton
    Lowe
    Henshaw
    Ringrose
    Kelleher
    Larmour

Bench: Dooley, Cronin, Porter, Baird, Conan, JGP, R. Byrne, O'Loughlin
    Deegan could easily be in the 15 or 23, either of Kearney or Adam Byrne similar.

I reckon the Munster team will be:

Kilcoyne
    Scannell
    Ryan
    Klyne
    Snyman
    POM
    O'Donoghue
    Stander
    Murray
    JJ
    Earls
    Farrell
    DeAllende
    Conway
    Haley

Bench: Loughman, Marshall, Knox, Holland, Botha, McCarthy, Scannell, ?

I'm guessing here with a lot of Munster as I'm not fully sure who is injured. I've no idea who the 23 is nor if there is a dedicated backup out half that is fit ?

Leinster have more coming off the bench which I think will be the difference given neither team have much match conditioning.

Munster's second row and midfield offer a lot of power and go forward that really hasn't been there the last few years. It's a more rounded pack generally and will be interesting to see how this Munster back row goes in a fixture that typically hasn't suited them too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

Venjur wrote: »

I'm guessing here with a lot of Munster ...

This became clear when you included a player that isn't contracted to Munster any longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Angry-Puss-In-Boots-Hiss-Claw-Gif.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement