Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is that a Mountain of Salt? Nope, it's the Leinster v Munster build up thread/love in

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

He's leaner than he used to be, it suits Leinster's style of play which is highly mobile, but against big international packs he looked a bit lightweight last season..

If he's leaner then you'd expect more in the loose, he's not offering anything in the loose.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,056 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If he's leaner then you'd expect more in the loose, he's not offering anything in the loose.

in blue he has been....

in green he has been as ineffectual as the other 6 of the 8 irish forwards, apart from ryan and stander

Munster would as they have so few players playing at that level.

Where's Jack McGrath these days? I think he should be getting another shot, seems to be playing well for Ulster!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster living rent-free in the heads of a minority of Leinster heads is hilarious!

I think we need a new thread: Potential Munster poaches from Leinster 2021.

Can't wait until the return of the Lunster days!

https://www.facebook.com/RugbyLAD7/videos/3220267854723014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Can't wait until the return of the Lunster days!

https://www.facebook.com/RugbyLAD7/videos/3220267854723014/

Not surprised Heaslips "mates" supported Munster:pac:

".....Killed me man! Killed me!"

Munster living rent-free in the heads of a minority of Leinster heads is hilarious!

I think we need a new thread: Potential Munster poaches from Leinster 2021.

munster are seen as insignificant for the majority of leinster fans...
    we have our eyes firmly on saracens

sydthebeat wrote: »
    munster are seen as insignificant for the majority of leinster fans...
    we have our eyes firmly on saracens

Well Leinster fans as long as you're winning anyway, you'd better not go through a bad spell or the gate at Munster is going to look a lot healthier.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

To hopefully get us out if this rut. Teams for Saturday?

1.Healy
    2.Kelleher
    3.Porter
    4.Fardy
    5.Baird
    6.Ruddock
    7.VdF
    8.Doris

9.McGrath
    10.Sexton
    11.Lowe
    12.Henshaw
    13.Ringrose
    14.D Kearney
    15.Larmour

16.Cronin
    17.Dooley
    18.Furlong
    19.Toner
    20.Conan
    21.JGP
    22.R Byrne
    23.R Kearney

Well Leinster fans as long as you're winning anyway, you'd better not go through a bad spell or the gate at Munster is going to look a lot healthier.

we can deal in hypotheticals if, or when, then arise

• Advertisement

we can deal in hypotheticals if, or when, then arise

Well the fact that certain Leinster fans migrate south in the winter (of discontent) is fact. History tells us that.

Well the fact that certain Leinster fans migrate south in the winter (of discontent) is fact. History tells us that.

i thought it was leinster that was obsessed with munster according to some red fans.....

seems to be the other way round here ??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Munster would as they have so few players playing at that level.

I actually thought the Munster players were fairly decent at the RWC - didn't they win the thing?

i thought it was leinster that was obsessed with munster according to some red fans.....

seems to be the other way round here ??

Really? Is that all you have? Why even bother posting....?
    Did you not watch the linked video, you have Jamie Heaslip telling you that, unless he's also a closet Munster fan, in which case you would be making sense.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I actually thought the Munster players were fairly decent at the RWC - didn't they win the thing?

The only thing Munster has won the last few years is Love Island!

Munster eh? Taking your women and your fans!

Really? Is that all you have? Why even bother posting....?
    Did you not watch the linked video, you have Jamie Heaslip telling you that, unless he's also a closet Munster fan, in which case you would be making sense.

Im from laois

I know plenty of my county men who are munster fans.... always were, and would shout for munster ahead of leinster when they play.

Im not sure what your point is though.. they are not, nor ever were, Leinster fans.

So there is no threat of leinster fans "migrating" to munster should Leinsters long spanning, winning ethos and reputation wane in the future.

people who do that currently were never leinster fans to begin with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Munster eh? Taking your women and your fans!

Not to mention our third string players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Correct. Further evidence that we're more passionate than our counterparts.

I'll bet there were tears in many an eye watching that Jamie video. I know it brought a tear to mine and mine is made of glass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I thought the purpose of these threads was some light hearted friendly banter, not childish shyte talk that most of us have no interest in seeing? As much as this is backseat modding, can we leave the sniping out of it please? Surely we're all grown up enough not to have to sink that low? The provincial pot shots are sooooo old at this stage.

As for the game, its hard to know what to expect from the selection, let alone the match itself. Leinster having nothing to play for other than some momentum means its hard to know if we'll go all out or are happy to just use this as a pre-season type game. Munster need the win so its a lot more clear cut on their side. As a Leinster fan, a half decent performance and no injuries would do. The win would be great, but effectively meaningless so not so pushed about that. Its just great to have it back, even if it does mean having to endure the provincial pot shots.

Posted this in the Leinster thread but may as well throw it in here too. Jackman also mentioned that Munsters coaches have been looking to expand their attacking game. It's difficult to change style significantly and it may not fully come to fruition until next season, but the recent preseason will have been used to bed in new strategies:

Bernard Jackman is on today's Rugby Weekly podcast talking about Leinster Vs Munster. Most interesting thing mentioned was a discussion on where both sides could improve their game. According to Jackman, in the zoom sessions between Leinster coaches and their Crusaders counterparts the biggest area our guys looked at was how to reset a defensive line and how to transition in attack when we've won the ball back. They put an emphasis on kicking to attack. I suppose that jives with Lancaster's philosophy on being comfortable in chaos. Our kicking game is definitely an area that can be bettered.

They looked at this because they think the current game plan of high ruck rate attacking may not be as easy to implement under the new referee interpretions at the breakdown. So we might see Leinster kicking more tactically with a view to pressuring the opposition into mistakes. Win the ball back and transition quickly to attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

Rumoured Leinster starting XV

1. Healy
    2. Kelleher
    3. Porter
    4. Baird
    5. Fardy
    6. Doris
    7. Van Der Flier
    8. Conan
    9. McGrath
    10. Sexton
    11. Lowe
    12. Henshaw
    13. Ringrose
    14. D. Kearney
    15. Larmour

1. Healy
    2. Kelleher
    3. Porter
    4. Baird
    5. Fardy
    6. Doris
    7. Van Der Flier
    8. Conan
    9. McGrath
    10. Sexton
    11. Lowe
    12. Henshaw
    13. Ringrose
    14. D. Kearney
    15. Larmour

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

molloyjh wrote: »
    I thought the purpose of these threads was some light hearted friendly banter, not childish shyte talk that most of us have no interest in seeing? As much as this is backseat modding, can we leave the sniping out of it please? Surely we're all grown up enough not to have to sink that low? The provincial pot shots are sooooo old at this stage.

As for the game, its hard to know what to expect from the selection, let alone the match itself. Leinster having nothing to play for other than some momentum means its hard to know if we'll go all out or are happy to just use this as a pre-season type game. Munster need the win so its a lot more clear cut on their side. As a Leinster fan, a half decent performance and no injuries would do. The win would be great, but effectively meaningless so not so pushed about that. Its just great to have it back, even if it does mean having to endure the provincial pot shots.

I think generally there's a more laissez-faire attitude in these build-up threads (I'm guilty of a bit of sniping in here that I wouldn't ordinarily post in other threads). But I could actually see the benefit if it keeps it all to one thread, and doesn't materialise elsewhere.

But at least from 2moro when the teams are announced there should be a match thread and we'll (hopefully) be back to something resembling normal.

1. Healy
    2. Kelleher
    3. Porter
    4. Baird
    5. Fardy
    6. Doris
    7. Van Der Flier
    8. Conan
    9. McGrath
    10. Sexton
    11. Lowe
    12. Henshaw
    13. Ringrose
    14. D. Kearney
    15. Larmour
    The front five and back line are as expected, but that's a very interesting back row. Looks like an attempt to counter Munsters added power with our own big ball carriers. Could also be very useful as a dry run for Saracens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Clegg wrote: »
    The front five and back line are as expected, but that's a very interesting back row. Looks like an attempt to counter Munsters added power with our own big ball carriers. Could also be very useful as a dry run for Saracens.

Not sure Baird is as expected to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

salmocab wrote: »

Not even Baird.
    Only the true Messiah denies his divinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

Possible bench:

16. Cronin
    17. Byrne
    18. Furlong
    19. Molony
    20. Deegan
    21. JGP
    22. Frawley
    23. ROL

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »

Maybe not expected in Baird's case, but I think it make sense to start him. If Ryan misses the Saracens game then we need Baird to get as many minutes against quality opposition as possible. And seeing as Henderson is out for Ulster, the biggest challenge Baird could face is lining up against Snyman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement