Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Morning. Dreadful night's sleep here and lots of streeeeeees this morning (tantrums a full mug of tea upended that went eveywhere). Calm has been established and going for a very long shower now. Despite the torrential rain it's still very humid (or I'm having my first ever hot flush and it's lasting 24hrs +) and I feel like a clammy blob. At least I've got plenty of fresh knickers to choose from apres shower. It's the little things, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sorry about your cousin, JK. Hugs.
    I know the rules are there for a reason but just to say we lost a family member very early, around mid March, and the hospital was in complete lockdown. But once you spoke to the relevant people at security, who called up to the ward, they had protocols for making exceptions for bereavements, there was kind of a list on the door system, so may be worth asking yourself directly or asking your cousin if she'd like to see you?

I am not desk side because today’s my birthday and I’m going to have some fun, within the guidelines of course!
    Had my immediate family come over at the weekend and it was so lovely to see them.
    It’s the little pockets of normality make this ****storm bearable. Plus one of the advantages of early celebrations is that I get to have cake for breakfast :D

Have a good week wherers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

JK, really sorry about your cousin! Look after yourself!

Deskside, considering waking my housemate up with Slayer at an insane volume as he came home locked last night and woke me up. I think this would be a fair punishement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Happy birthday poochie. Enjoy your day xx

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Deskside, thinking what I need to get done first today.

Thank you all so much for your kind words of support and sympathy. They really mean a lot to me. :)

I will have to phone both my sisters this morning to tell them the sad news. Not looking forward to it...

I don't envy you that task. It can help to view it as relieving the immediate family of that horrible task. Have you thought about just phoning one sister who'll then be able to phone the other?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all,
    Workside with a coffee, miserable outside. Days like this makes me delighted that I work inside:)
    Have a good day one and all

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Birthday Greetings Poochie! :):)

Hope you are pampered and spoiled rotten today. :pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Happy birthday Poochie. Here's your very own poem as a tribute.

Le Poochie

Tis Poochie's birthday today,
    So we all say hip hip hooray,
    As she deserves celebrations and greetings,
    And to get away from boring work meetings,
    At least for the day if not more,
    May her birthday be great with fun to the fore,
    For she is a good one,
    Always chill,
    Always calm,
    Not one to throw the toys out of the pram,
    Or get frazzled or fizzled about silly things,
    So happy birthday Poochie from the internet earthlings....

Happy Birthday Poochie :)

I'm in bed. Will I stay here and watch stories or will I go to shops for a wander or will I go sleep or will I go downstairs and annoy boyfriend?
    What big decisions I have today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Happy birthday Poochie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Birthday Poochie, have a great day and enjoy all the cake !

Lunchtime I think here .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Onshuh wrote: »
    Happy birthday Poochie. Here's your very own poem as a tribute.

Le Poochie

Tis Poochie's birthday today,
    So we all say hip hip hooray,
    As she deserves celebrations and greetings,
    And to get away from boring work meetings,
    At least for the day if not more,
    May her birthday be great with fun to the fore,
    For she is a good one,
    Always chill,
    Always calm,
    Not one to throw the toys out of the pram,
    Or get frazzled or fizzled about silly things,
    So happy birthday Poochie from the internet earthlings....

I love this! Thanks Onshuh.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Happy Birthday Poochie! 😊

Just awake. Have night off tonight and have planned a movie and Chinese night for myself. Currently debating on what to order?!

Happy Birthday Poochie!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Clean knickers and motorbikes, never let it be said we're a boring bunch.

Although I'm beyond bored, nothing to do and all day to do it. I'll have to hatch some sort of plan for tomorrow because I don't have much work to do.

Glad you're better, Jupiter! :)

Years ago I had a bike where the mounting point for the rear shock was very rigidly attached under the passenger seat. I gave my girlfriend's (yeah, that was a thing... once) friend a lift home and when we got to her place she seemed a bit quiet and just headed inside. Found out a long time later why.

Also, merry birthday Poochington.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Happy Birthday Poochie :) Finally stooped raining here so I may make an escape to the Comeraghs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,083 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The problem with machinery is that they break down and of course this machine decided today to break down in the middle of nowhere, if it had decided to breakdown tomorrow I could have spent a few days in Warsaw.

smurfjed wrote: »
    The problem with machinery is that they break down and of course this machine decided today to break down in the middle of nowhere, if it had decided to breakdown tomorrow I could have spent a few days in Warsaw.

Is the bit that fell off important?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

On the couch with the pupper snoring beside me, pondering a cuppa but if i stir i'll wake the aforementioned pup. :o

kowloon wrote: »
    Is the bit that fell off important?

Nope, not on a beautiful day like this, but we have a manual that says “don’t do it “, so we are seeking a hotel for the night.

• Advertisement

On the couch with the pupper snoring beside me, pondering a cuppa but if i stir i'll wake the aforementioned pup. :o

I believe the SOP for disturbing pets is don't move until it becomes an issue of starvation.

kowloon wrote: »
    Years ago I had a bike where the mounting point for the rear shock was very rigidly attached under the passenger seat. I gave my girlfriend's (yeah, that was a thing... once) friend a lift home and when we got to her place she seemed a bit quiet and just headed inside. Found out a long time later why.
    Just exactly how fast were you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭3d4life

smurfjed wrote: »
    Nope, not on a beautiful day like this,....

Anyone remember "Twenty Questions" ?

I'll start .... with some wild guesses :P

Windscreen wiper fault ?

Some anti ice gizmo not working ?

Missing umbrella ?

Happy birthday Poochie

@Grem, are you 'minding' said pup or have you taken the plunge and got your own :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Pup belongs to the landlord, she calls in for a nap most days i'm off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭3d4life

Thats kinda nice :)

Enjoy her Grem :)

I'm in Costa for the first time since February. I'm holding on very tight to how it feels to be here :)

3d4life wrote: »
    Thats kinda nice :)

It's brilliant, if they go away we're the trusted dogsitters, i feel like we are coparenting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Rookie mistake not having the kettle beside the couch Grem.

3d4life wrote: »
    Anyone remember "Twenty Questions" ?

I'll start .... with some wild guesses :P

)

Nothing exciting, just an alternator:) sad part is that I was supposed to go to Warsaw tomorrow, but alas it’s not to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Rookie mistake not having the kettle beside the couch Grem.

I remember viewing an apartment years ago. The person showing me around told me excitedly that I could practically make my dinner without leaving the couch.
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement