Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sitting with a mug of coffee and toasted brown soda bread , wondering how some people can be so self centered and selfish in putting their own wants ahead of others rightful dues . Selfish ***** .

Rant over .

Aimed at any person or group in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

kowloon wrote: »
    Aimed at any person or group in particular?

Nope , just in general Kowloon , it just annoys me when you see people trying their best to be a good person and helping others and then others couldn't give a rats *** once they get their own selfish way for whatever reason .

I suppose I should have posted it in the TA thread , but I'm fecked if I'm moving it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Enjoying a sandwich in the sunshine, making the most of it as it looks like rain will be back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Couch side, happily bloated on some delicious home baking courtesy of my fabulous cousin who is one of the most incredible people alive. She sends up soda bread, muffins, scones every week with her Mam, baked especially for her uncle and cousin who she doesn't forget, despite going through an appalling tragedy that very nearly cost her life and will have life long implications. She took up baking during lock down and it transpires she is very talented at it indeed. For every selfish asshole their is an undefeated gem like this woman, Mam. It's easy to lose sight of that.

It's a bad day for me. I wish I could slip out and light a candle. Like Jupiter, I'm not religious, but the ritual of creating a little light to symbolise the spirit of a loved one, living or gone away, and your unique connection to them resonates very stronfly with me. Hopefully later I'll get a quiet moment to light a little tea light here at home and let that flame burn brightly like the spirit of the man I'm missing today.

Carside. Its awful out. Really humid and heavy. A good dose of thunder and rain should sort it out.
    I need to be home for 4 so that means I have an hour free. Hmmm. A caramel macchiato in Butlers perhaps? Yes Diamonds I think that's a great idea.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in my home office/study, working away on making edits and amendments to a paper I am co-authoring.

Lunch consumed and gonna keep at this until I take a ciggie break at 3.30pm. I will give my uncle a call later on to check the latest news with my critically ill cousin and see if there might be a possibility of doing a virtual/Zoom visit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jupiter, i hope you can do a virtual visit. Horrible that people have to be so isolated at the most awful of times. *hugs*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a sandwich, beautiful down the park.
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Enjoying a sandwich in the sunshine, making the most of it as it looks like rain will be back tomorrow.

What kind of sandwich we talking about here now poochie ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Costa Kilkenny :D It‘a a shame I don’t drink coffee :D

Myself and Chris (Carter) have an afternoon planned together :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Few alcoholic beverages time with me lady after a wee grocery shop..

• Advertisement

Few alcoholic beverages time with me lady after a wee grocery shop..

I miss Galway. I haven't been since December. We are going to Kerry for a few nights but a little trip to lovely Galway might be an idea beforehand.

How is Shop Sreet looking since Covid appeared Grem?

Sitting in the car, waiting for the official announcement. Must not bite my nails.. could be covid under there.

Sitting in the car, waiting for the official announcement. Must not bite my nails.. could be covid under there.

Nibble your elbow - be grand

Deskside with a sandwich, beautiful down the park.

What kind of sandwich we talking about here now poochie ? :pac:

Is your own not good enough? :pac:

It WAS ham and cheese , now it’s crumbs :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats happening?

I wanted to compare :pac:

A toastie was it Poochie?? I do love toasties.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Seph you’ll just have to make your own sandwiches :D and while you’re making them pop on a few extra for us ;)

Couchside watching the news

A toastie was it Poochie?? I do love toasties.

:p

No, it was in a baguette because I had a toastie yesterday and I like to mix things up a bit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

This is all a load of bollocks. New restrictions, new guidelines until September and yet the powers that be still think it's fine for children to return to schools in two weeks time, with haphazard precautions in place for them and the teachers and school staff ?!
    Or am I being completely stupid here ?

Fùck off Covid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Mam of 4 wrote:
    This is all a load of bollocks. New restrictions, new guidelines until September and yet the powers that be still think it's fine for children to return to schools in two weeks time, with haphazard precautions in place for them and the teachers and school staff ?! Or am I being completely stupid here ?

No you're absolutely right. Secondary schools in particular opening as normal i.e, not doing something like half in school, half online, is a clusterfuk waiting to happen. It's a let's just do it and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

This is all a load of bollocks. New restrictions, new guidelines until September and yet the powers that be still think it's fine for children to return to schools in two weeks time, with haphazard precautions in place for them and the teachers and school staff ?!

5 months, 5 feckin months and still can't get a robust plan in place for the schools.

I can see them closed again by mid September. Joke!!!!

Whats happening?

Just the new restrictions.

Yeah it's boll°cks!

I'm well p!ssed off with all this age "apartheid" talk today. Ffs what an insult to the people who had to suffer through apartheid. Theres absolutely no comparison. This is about keeping people safe, healthy and alive. Apartheid was the polar f*cking opposite. The restrictions on the elderly are pretty wishy washy anyway. Nothing major. Just restrict your own movements to keep yourself safe and shop at designated times. I don't think they'll police that either.

Yeah it's boll°cks!

I'm well p!ssed off with all this age "apartheid" talk today. Ffs what an insult to the people who had to suffer through apartheid. Theres absolutely no comparison. This is about keeping people safe, healthy and alive. Apartheid was the polar f*cking opposite. The restrictions on the elderly are pretty wishy washy anyway. Nothing major. Just restrict your own movements to keep yourself safe and shop at designated times. I don't think they'll police that either.

The elderly had already been doing that, anyway. But Day Services can't open (understandibky)
    And this was their way of saying that obliquely. They don't want the plight of carers to become a public talking point.

Agree with you regarding the Aparthreid comments

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The elderly had already been doing that, anyway.

Yup, they might be the ones, for the most part, at biggest risk but they're certainly not the problem.

ETA: btw when I said nothing major I meant nothing additional. Of course, elderly people and they're carers are already suffering many restrictions, from day services being closed to not being able to go about their lives as normal and everything in between. I just meant the additional restrictions are very wishy washy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Head fried? Check
    Pissed off? Check
    Wah wah wah? Check

Yup, they might be the ones, for the most part, at biggest risk but they're certainly not the problem.

ETA: btw when I said nothing major I meant nothing additional. Of course, elderly people and they're carers are already suffering many restrictions, from day services being closed to not being able to go about their lives as normal and everything in between. I just meant the additional restrictions are very wishy washy.

I understood, Buile. Pure directionless hogwash.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Guess Who.
    I had an absolute Bastid of a time trying to log into my old account.

I’ll never catch up with this thread! How many million posts is it now?

• Advertisement

The new guidelines are a bit......odd. Mass and weddings can occur with 50 but not family gatherings of what more than 4?
    However it might be there way of managing overall wellbeing. Mass is a huge source of support and comfort for many and weddings are a massive deal to some as well. So limiting numbers where they can without impinging too much on us seems to be their method.

I don't envy them their task.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement