Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

august2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Millem wrote: »
    Mother of God this is pure torture. I should of gone to see my consultant yesterday but I just couldn’t face the trek going into town!!! He might of got things moving.

Oh Millem that sounds awful... u poor thing. Don't have any helpful suggestions but hope things progress soon for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I went into the hospital last night as I thought it is better safe than sorry plus when I rang my consultant was there.
    Stayed for 20 minutes then went home. He said I could stay or go home.
    Contractions were mild. I was examined and nothing happening :(
    Went home and actually slept!
    All seems to have settled down now.
    I really hope that it doesn’t keep stopping and starting.....pure torture.

Oh Millem that's very deflating. How u feeling this morning?

Oh Millem that's very deflating. How u feeling this morning?

Feeling like I have loads of energy! Got up and started cleaning!!! Put on washing machine, dishwasher etc.
    Contractions are not regular now at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

Glad you got some rest millem and that you got to see your consultant. Keeping everything crossed for you!

How’s everyone else feeling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I went into the hospital last night as I thought it is better safe than sorry plus when I rang my consultant was there.
    Stayed for 20 minutes then went home. He said I could stay or go home.
    Contractions were mild. I was examined and nothing happening :(
    Went home and actually slept!
    All seems to have settled down now.
    I really hope that it doesn’t keep stopping and starting.....pure torture.

This happened me on my first, everything stopped when I went in, they put me to bed and told me I’d be induced the following (thur) morning (I was booked in for induction on that Friday anyhow though, that’s why they kept me). I’d have thought by your third that any little twinge meant that your baby was just about to fall out :). Hopefully not much longer for you!

jlm29 wrote: »
    This happened me on my first, everything stopped when I went in, they put me to bed and told me I’d be induced the following (thur) morning (I was booked in for induction on that Friday anyhow though, that’s why they kept me). I’d have thought by your third that any little twinge meant that your baby was just about to fall out :). Hopefully not much longer for you!

Oh stop I know! I am 37 weeks and 3 days today :)
    I said to my husband last night I am
    Going to take all the drugs this time I don’t care.....sick of this torture now tbh.
    Still getting contractions but not regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Oh stop I know! I am 37 weeks and 3 days today :)
    I said to my husband last night I am
    Going to take all the drugs this time I don’t care.....sick of this torture now tbh.
    Still getting contractions but not regular.

Oh Millen, pure torture for you, I hope you get some relief and your body makes its final decision to go.

I've been sleeping better Last 2 night but feeling exhausted throughout the day. I've upped my iron to 2 tablets for next few days as a boost before section. Also taking 1 tablet of dulcolax at night so I don't been constipated.

I think it's definitely last weekend for both of us

Aveen wrote: »
    Oh Millen, pure torture for you, I hope you get some relief and your body makes its final decision to go.

I've been sleeping better Last 2 night but feeling exhausted throughout the day. I've upped my iron to 2 tablets for next few days as a boost before section. Also taking 1 tablet of dulcolax at night so I don't been constipated.

I think it's definitely last weekend for both of us

Here’s hoping!!!
    I wouldn’t mind I got such a fab car space last night and it is free after 7pm till 2pm on Sunday ;)

The Rotunda car park is now €8.
    Bring on the drugs is what I say at this stage!! I didn’t get any medals on my last two!!
    What is the story with bottle feeding in the hospital? I only ever breastfed but someone said to get some of those ready made bottle things off them so you can bring them home??
    No one ever offered them to me....never even seen them in the shop?

I saw a girl last night waiting for a and e with one.

Here’s hoping!!!
    I wouldn’t mind I got such a fab car space last night and it is free after 7pm till 2pm on Sunday ;)

Bring on the drugs is what I say at this stage!! I didn’t get any medals on my last two!!
    What is the story with bottle feeding in the hospital? I only ever breastfed but someone said to get some of those ready made bottle things off them so you can bring them home??

Bottle feeding you get small ready made as you need it, the give you a day supply for home. I BF both of mine in hospital, only got them with first to top him up as he was big baby and my milk didn't come in to day 5 and he was dropping too much weight.

As for epidural, I don't think there one to just take the edge, I think it the inj3ction that does that. Not 100% before I had elective section last time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Here’s hoping!!!

You can ask for th Millem.It's your third, so a lot of the Rotunda midwives kind of said to me "you know better than us, off you go!".My guy was very big so had to be bottle fed to regulate his blood sugars for 24 hours. I wanted him on one bottle feed a day anyway, he took to both quite happily and weaned off the bottles after the first 24 hours grand.They just bring you a few if you ask, think about what brand you would prefer as they will ask that.Not heated, but you can keep them on the bedside locker anyway and just request more when needed.

shesty wrote: »
    You can ask for th Millem.It's your third, so a lot of the Rotunda midwives kind of said to me "you know better than us, off you go!".My guy was very big so had to be bottle fed to regulate his blood sugars for 24 hours. I wanted him on one bottle feed a day anyway, he took to both quite happily and weaned off the bottles after the first 24 hours grand.They just bring you a few if you ask, think about what brand you would prefer as they will ask that.Not heated, but you can keep them on the bedside locker anyway and just request more when needed.

Oh deadly! I am defo going to get some!
    I am going to try and introduce 1 bottle at 2 weeks.
    My youngest was a disaster never took one for me :(

Will ask myself also, good to know.

A doctor on my last baby advised me to introduce a bottle once a day from 2 weeks. Start with breast milk if possible and continue for a long with it and then move to ready made formula, some say it's sweeter that powder form. That's the plan I hoping to take.

Will ask myself also, good to know.

A doctor on my last baby advised me to introduce a bottle once a day from 2 weeks. Start with breast milk if possible and continue for a long with it and then move to ready made formula, some say it's sweeter that powder form. That's the plan I hoping to take.

Too right....I fed the youngest until he was basically 2. Tried to introduce a bottle at 6 weeks he was having none of it. :(
    So stressful when I had to go back to work when he was 1. :(
    He basically went on hunger strike while I was gone and then was literally feeding all night :(
    Not going down that road again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I never acheived anywhere near that long due to other problems, but I wanted my guy on a bottle for his "evening" feed -anywhere between 6 & 8pm.
    Just couldn't handle cluster feeding, dinner time, bedtime, the works.He fed absolutely fine around that, and did cluster feed at other times, but that 1 bottle worked very well for me!!!!

shesty wrote: »
    I never acheived anywhere near that long due to other problems, but I wanted my guy on a bottle for his "evening" feed -anywhere between 6 & 8pm.
    Just couldn't handle cluster feeding, dinner time, bedtime, the works.He fed absolutely fine around that, and did cluster feed at other times, but that 1 bottle worked very well for me!!!!

I was hoping for my husband to do the bottle at like 10? So I could sleep till next feed? Sure best laid plans and all that ;)

God only knows how it will all pan out! I have my husband putting my two lads to bed now so hopefully that will continue.
    The only good thing about this coronavirus is that he doesn’t need to travel abroad anymore!

Best laid plans is all we can do ladies, I'm hoping the same, dad to do 10ish feed to I can sleep, happy to feeding at night as long as dad sleep and gets up with others in am

I was hoping for my husband to do the bottle at like 10? So I could sleep till next feed? Sure best laid plans and all that ;)

God only knows how it will all pan out! I have my husband putting my two lads to bed now so hopefully that will continue.
    The only good thing about this coronavirus is that he doesn’t need to travel abroad anymore!

Ah yeah, sure pick your time.Whenever suits in your day, that just happened to be my preference!Best laid plans is right, ended up pumping for feeds from about weeks 6- 11 and doing formula along with it, before a full transition to formula for all feeds.Never works out as planned!!

Had my little lady this morning by section, we're both doing well

Massive congratulations Aveen. Delighted for you

• Advertisement

Ahhhh congrats!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Great news Aveen, congratulations :)

Millem how u these days?

Millem how u these days?

Still hanging on in there. Have been contractions on a off every few days.
    Have appointment with my consultant on Friday.
    Feel very uncomfortable. Feeling loads of pressure.

Still hanging on in there. Have been contractions on a off every few days.
    Have appointment with my consultant on Friday.
    Feel very uncomfortable. Feeling loads of pressure.

You poor thing. Really dragging out for you. I'm ur opposite. No signs of anything. I'll be 40 weeks Friday, had appointment today and they tried a sweep but I'm "unfavourable" :-( looking like my c-section date of 14th might be happening if things don't change soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

Huge congrats Aveen! Hope you heal well and get home asap to your little bubble.

You poor thing. Really dragging out for you. I'm ur opposite. No signs of anything. I'll be 40 weeks Friday, had appointment today and they tried a sweep but I'm "unfavourable" :-( looking like my c-section date of 14th might be happening if things don't change soon.

I think I am a little stressed with the whole going into labour!! The logistics etc with my other two then stressing a bit because my eldest has summer camp (making sure he is organised etc!!). I know I am being silly as technically it has never been as easy as my in laws only live a few metres away!! :)
    I am 38 weeks today so delighted I got this far!! Seeing my consultant tomorrow :)

Forgot to add it seems I have started leaking colostrum! The joys!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Missus has been kept under observation as baby position is not ideal..fingers crossed we have our little bundle soon and possibly without C section ! Congrats to everyone else !

• Advertisement

Best wishes to everyone, the end is in sight.
    Myself & baby are doing well

Advertisement