Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

august2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

How would I know if baby's head is engaged? Or moving down? Does it feel any different? I had bad braxton hicks yesterday and lots of pushing against my ribs today but I don't feel like baby has moved any lower. I'm 37 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

How would I know if baby's head is engaged? Or moving down? Does it feel any different? I had bad braxton hicks yesterday and lots of pushing against my ribs today but I don't feel like baby has moved any lower. I'm 37 weeks.

I am feeling pressure down below (in my bum)!
    Like I need to toilet! I had to go to chemist to buy anusol :(
    Heartburn is a hell of a lot better too.
    I also have a heavy feeling down below in my front. Like literally my waters could go anytime.
    I am it to 37 weeks (today!) yeah!!! So I am delighted :)

Millem wrote: »
    I am feeling pressure down below (in my bum)!
    Like I need to toilet! I had to go to chemist to buy anusol :(
    Heartburn is a hell of a lot better too.
    I also have a heavy feeling down below in my front. Like literally my waters could go anytime.
    I am it to 37 weeks (today!) yeah!!! So I am delighted :)

I sometimes get a heavy feeling at the front of my pelvis, feels like I have a big bag of water moving around, like a swaying feeling if that makes sense. It's really uncomfortable when I walk. I guess baby hasn't engaged fully yet as I don't really have any other symptoms.

I sometimes get a heavy feeling at the front of my pelvis, feels like I have a big bag of water moving around, like a swaying feeling if that makes sense. It's really uncomfortable when I walk. I guess baby hasn't engaged fully yet as I don't really have any other symptoms.

Sometimes babies wait until literally the last minute.
    I am just hoping all of these pains etc might mean I have a shorter labour :)

Sometimes babies wait until literally the last minute.
    I am just hoping all of these pains etc might mean I have a shorter labour :)

Fingers crossed for you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Hey ladies, haven't been on in ages.
    The sickness has broken me during this preganacy still on Carbain. Broke the good news is I've 5 days until section. So nervous but so excited.
    I've been having loads if Braxton hicks and pressure in pelvis area. Doc prescribed something stronger for the piles.

Having tubes ligation during section I'm so excited for this, 3 is my perfect number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Aveen wrote: »
    The sickness has broken me during this preganacy still on Carbain. Broke the good news is I've 5 days until section. So nervous but so excited.
    I've been having loads if Braxton hicks and pressure in pelvis area. Doc prescribed something stronger for the piles.

Having tubes ligation during section I'm so excited for this, 3 is my perfect number.

Gosh sounds like you're having a rough time of it Aveen. Here's hoping the next 5 days go more smoothly for you. Do you know what you are having?

You are on countdown! Best of luck :)
    Wouldn’t mind that tubal ligation myself! 3 is perfect :)

You are on countdown! Best of luck :)
    Wouldn’t mind that tubal ligation myself! 3 is perfect :)

Oh god, my gut telling me it's a boy but opened the envelope from scan last week and it say a girl. Seeing will be believing.

Millen, you haven't had it easy either, tiredness is a killer especially when you need/want sleep and can't. Did you find find out?

Oh god, my gut telling me it's a boy but opened the envelope from scan last week and it say a girl. Seeing will be believing.

Millen, you haven't had it easy either, tiredness is a killer especially when you need/want sleep and can't. Did you find find out?
    Yes it’s a girl here too :) we had the panorama test done at 10ish weeks!
    So 2 boys and 1 girl. Happy days that is me done!! Third pregnancy hard going you know yourself!!! Plus not getting any younger.

• Advertisement

We've no idea what we are having. Everyone around me is guessing that I'm having a girl but I think that's just because I already have a boy. Doesn't bother us in the slightest one way or the other.

Off to the shops today to get some Raspberry leaf tea (on advice from midwife), probably won't make a difference but at least I'll feel like I'm doing something to speed things along! 39 weeks today.

We've no idea what we are having. Everyone around me is guessing that I'm having a girl but I think that's just because I already have a boy. Doesn't bother us in the slightest one way or the other.

Off to the shops today to get some Raspberry leaf tea (on advice from midwife), probably won't make a difference but at least I'll feel like I'm doing something to speed things along! 39 weeks today.
    Sure you might as well!
    The nurse in my work who is also a midwife told me to drink that from 35 weeks!!
    My friend who is a gp told me a hot curry and get out walking!!

Sure you might as well!
    The nurse in my work who is also a midwife told me to drink that from 35 weeks!!
    My friend who is a gp told me a hot curry and get out walking!!

Don't give me ideas!

I'll have the local Indian takeaway on speed dial and have a path worn waddling/walking to it!

Best wishes on raspberry tea,
    I received a call from hospital, section cancelled on the 4tb, I've had the date pencil in on the doc advise from 28 weeks.
    No section date before they'll be calling me Tuesday with a date for covid testing first. Then post results a section date. So upset now, I feel like they keep pissing me about

I received a call from hospital, section cancelled on the 4tb, I've had the date pencil in on the doc advise from 28 weeks.
    No section date before they'll be calling me Tuesday with a date for covid testing first. Then post results a section date. So upset now, I feel like they keep pissing me about

Ah that is a bummer :( how many weeks are you now?

Oh no, why did they cancel the section?

Girls I am hoping this weekend might be the weekend. I have been up since 1am with contractions, strong back pain that went down my legs and vomiting.

Ended up listening to a mindfulness thing to calm myself as some were sore.
    Fell back asleep. They are still there but much milder. I am hoping this weekend will be the weekend!
    Am cracking up with all this stopping and starting it’s torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

Oh millem best of luck with it! Try dark room, lots of funny tv, meditation, some even sat baking/cooking if that’s your thing to get that oxytocin going!! Keep us updated.

Aveen that’s so messed up why did they cancel your csection? So disappointing for you, having been set up emotionally and physically!!

All going ok here. Have infection in my episiotomy which has really set me back but baby boy is doing really well. Had to resort to expressing too as bfeeding just wasn’t working for either of us and it’s really helped everything. Both far more content and settled!! The nightly emotional breakdowns my myself have also eased which is great.

Wishing you all the very best of luck over the next few weeks ladies. Such and exciting time for everyone!

ahaaha wrote: »
    Oh millem best of luck with it! Try dark room, lots of funny tv, meditation, some even sat baking/cooking if that’s your thing to get that oxytocin going!! Keep us updated.

Aveen that’s so messed up why did they cancel your csection? So disappointing for you, having been set up emotionally and physically!!

All going ok here. Have infection in my episiotomy which has really set me back but baby boy is doing really well. Had to resort to expressing too as bfeeding just wasn’t working for either of us and it’s really helped everything. Both far more content and settled!! The nightly emotional breakdowns my myself have also eased which is great.

Wishing you all the very best of luck over the next few weeks ladies. Such and exciting time for everyone!

Still here rang hospital though. This is pre torture. Not braxton hicks as they don’t stop when I move. Using a app to time them.

Ouch re infection mind yourself.

I found expressing triple the work. Have you tried nipple shields? Has baby been checked for tongue tie?

Still here rang hospital though. This is pre torture. Not braxton hicks as they don’t stop when I move. Using a app to time them.

Ouch re infection mind yourself.

I found expressing triple the work. Have you tried nipple shields? Has baby been checked for tongue tie?

Yes seen lactation consultant here at home,, tried shields but no joy from them..... getting assessed and possibly treated for tongue tie next week. You’re right it’s v time consuming so hopefully the apt next week may shed some light. I was in total agony this time last week with nipples and now I’m agony with infection! Just wann be able to go fir stroll in the pram with him in the fresh air and enjoy motherhood. It’s still basic survival in this house so far!

• Advertisement

Yes seen lactation consultant here at home,, tried shields but no joy from them..... getting assessed and possibly treated for tongue tie next week. You’re right it’s v time consuming so hopefully the apt next week may shed some light. I was in total agony this time last week with nipples and now I’m agony with infection! Just wann be able to go fir stroll in the pram with him in the fresh air and enjoy motherhood. It’s still basic survival in this house so far!

You don’t need to sterilise if using breast milk in bottles! Only need to sterilise for formula.
    Take to the bed with baby and strip baby to nappy.....do lots of skin to skin. That might help.
    Those silver cups are meant to be amazing for sore boobs.

They said I wasn't booked in for that date. But post reading my notes they realise they're mistake.
    Anyway my covid testing on 4th and section 5th. Only.one day but was so deflated after first phone call. They said Wednesday well be better anyway because less busy, Tuesday post a BH can be very busy and I'd have alot waiting to do.

Millien that sounds promising, how's you doing?

I'm currently 38.3weeks

You don’t need to sterilise if using breast milk in bottles! Only need to sterilise for formula.
    Take to the bed with baby and strip baby to nappy.....do lots of skin to skin. That might help.
    Those silver cups are meant to be amazing for sore boobs.

Really??? My pump bottles I know didn’t need sterilisation as it said so on instructions.... So Are you saying my tommee tippee bottles and the bottles I use to store the expressed milk in the fridge don’t have to be sterilised?? Just air dried??

Ya I tried the silver cups but my boobs got so big they were actually cutting into me. So I’ve been using nursicare pads since and though expensive are b good

So not so nice re infection, look after yourself.

Breast feeding didn't go well with my first, I remember the feelings oh too well. Went good for second but he had cow protein allergery, which limited alot foods for me so we stop and he went on prescribe formula. Going to try breast feed this little one, want I trying to say, don't beat yourself up happy mum =Happy baby. There's alot of reason breastfeeding doesn't go to plan.

Really??? My pump bottles I know didn’t need sterilisation as it said so on instructions.... So Are you saying my tommee tippee bottles and the bottles I use to store the expressed milk in the fridge don’t have to be sterilised?? Just air dried??

Ya I tried the silver cups but my boobs got so big they were actually cutting into me. So I’ve been using nursicare pads since and though expensive are b good

Yes you don’t need to sterilise anything for breast milk. Give it all (breast pump and bottles) a good wash in hot soap suds and I always scald everything with the kettle too :)

If you are happy to keep pumping I would recommend a double hospital grade pump. You life will be made so much easier :)
    I rented the Medela symphony
    https://rental.medicare.ie/product/medela-symphony-breastpump-import/?v=d2cb7bbc0d23
    It will save you a lot of time.
    I am sure there are other brands too.

If you are pumping exclusively and not using formula you could easily burn out the motor on a normal pump.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Best of luck Millem.
    I had prodromal labour (google it...) on my second for about 5 weeks (no vomiting), drove me nuts.It is like some kind of torture.Encouraged the doc to do an internal or 2 to check for progress (ie, to try and and move it on!!!!).Might be an approach!!

They said I wasn't booked in for that date. But post reading my notes they realise they're mistake.
    Anyway my covid testing on 4th and section 5th. Only.one day but was so deflated after first phone call. They said Wednesday well be better anyway because less busy, Tuesday post a BH can be very busy and I'd have alot waiting to do.

Millien that sounds promising, how's you doing?

I'm currently 38.3weeks

Oh happy days so :)
    I rang the hospital this morning and got straight through so I don’t think they are too busy today. I hope to God my waters break soon.
    Contractions in bump seemed to have eased :(
    Still getting awful period pains in back that shoot down my legs.
    Going to try and eat something now. Have been vomiting an awful lot.

shesty wrote: »
    Best of luck Millem.
    I had prodromal labour (google it...) on my second for about 5 weeks (no vomiting), drove me nuts.It is like some kind of torture.Encouraged the doc to do an internal or 2 to check for progress (ie, to try and and move it on!!!!).Might be an approach!!
    Mother of God this is pure torture. I should of gone to see my consultant yesterday but I just couldn’t face the trek going into town!!! He might of got things moving.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

She did go naturally, but she hung on to the bitter end!!

• Advertisement

Oh happy days so :)
    I rang the hospital this morning and got straight through so I don’t think they are too busy today. I hope to God my waters break soon.
    Contractions in bump seemed to have eased :(
    Still getting awful period pains in back that shoot down my legs.
    Going to try and eat something now. Have been vomiting an awful lot.

The back labour was just agonising for me too. Hope you get going soon millem. And thanks for the heads up re bottles!!

Advertisement