Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

got my refund for my flights from June 21st with ryanair. As in full refund money appeared in my account. thanks be to jaysus! (and thanks to all on here)

18th May applied for refund
    23rd June did AIB charge back thing (they never rang actually me to confirm they got my request as I asked in the detailed cover letter)

all through this pestered Ryanair chat and looked for advise here :)

now the thing is I don't actually know who issued the refund, ryanair or AIB.
    have not got a fresh email from ryanair to say refund done etc.
    Any way to check who issued the refund

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

obi604 wrote: »
    got my refund for my flights from June 21st with ryanair. As in full refund money appeared in my account. thanks be to jaysus! (and thanks to all on here)

23rd June did AIB charge back thing (they never rang actually me to confirm they got my request as I asked in the detailed cover letter)

Contacting the Bank might be quicker than contacting Ryanair. But definitely find out who it's from, if it's a Chargeback then the Bank might take the money back again if Ryanair dispute it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

That’s great news Obi gives me hope, applied for refund same date flight a few days after yours. Handed in charge back start of June, they saying they got it 30th! But hopefully see it soon, it’s almost a grand.

jasonb wrote: »
    Contacting the Bank might be quicker than contacting Ryanair. But definitely find out who it's from, if it's a Chargeback then the Bank might take the money back again if Ryanair dispute it.

yeah this is the thing, dont want any disputes etc

pc7 wrote: »
    That’s great news Obi gives me hope, applied for refund same date flight a few days after yours. Handed in charge back start of June, they saying they got it 30th! But hopefully see it soon, it’s almost a grand.

Yeah. Seems like patience is the thing. Just have to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Got notification today of a flight schedule change for my flights to Bristol in September, enough to entitle me to a refund. Filled in the form and sought refunds for both legs even though return is not affected - the option was there so I took it. Submitted it but no indication of how long refund will take. I hope this one isn't another 107 days!

rang the bank and the money I got back was actually via the AIB charge-back, so Ryanair did not refund me at all.

via chat last week - Ryanair were promising to refund me by tomorrow actually.

so not sure what this means, our flights did not fly and were defo cancelled etc. so not sure if Ryanair can do this dispute crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

Hopefully Ryanair do the refund for you and you don't have to worry about the money being taken back.

I've got a €1,500 chargeback for flights to Canada with Air Canada. The only offered me a voucher for the cancelled flight going over, and the return flight wasn't cancelled, just changed by over a day. Air Canada insisted that I wasn't entitled to a refund. PTSB gave me the chargeback over 2 weeks ago, and I'm checking my bank every morning to see if Air Canada have disputed (as I expect them to do) and PTSB have taken the money back. As far as I know Air Canada have 30 days to respond, I'm not sure if that's working days or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Roanmore wrote: »
    I had a flight booked for mid July, took the voucher and booked a flight to Spain for early Sept as I stupidly thought things may have quietened down in Spain.

We're looking at Malta for the same time but when I went in to change the flights it was costing 180 to change, it's supposed to be free isn't it?

Anybody have this issue?

Alright, got an update of this, got on to the Chat Person.

In Jan I booked my flight for Spain for July. This got cancelled and I took the voucher instead of a refund (a mistake).
    I booked new flights to Spain for Sept which now looks like it won't happen, due to the Green List, etc. so I changed this to Malta.

I'm not entitled to free flight change because the original booking was made in January which I think is rubbish as Ryanair cancelled the July flight, it was outside my control.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Flight for the 31st may was cancelled so requested refund, then voucher almost right away. Just got the email now saying my refund has been processed. Something anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Cant remember exactly but def ringin them back and tryin again

I called them and they told me they can initiate a chargeback on a Visa debit. I sent all my documentation away this morning.
    Flight was booked through Vayama.ie for 1500 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Ryanair saying the below on their website - will be interesting to see if this is removed after tomorrow.

• By 15th July, the balance of April cash refunds will be processed.
    • By the end of July, all of May and most of June cash refunds will also be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

My Italy outward flight June 29th (returning July 13th) then should be processed by mid Aug for a refund!?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whodini

Ryanair saying the below on their website - will be interesting to see if this is removed after tomorrow.

• By 15th July, the balance of April cash refunds will be processed.
    • By the end of July, all of May and most of June cash refunds will also be processed.

Has anyone else not received an April cash refund yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I got notification of refund to my account today for flights that were due to take place in late June but were cancelled in May. Ryanair.

Applied for the refund 20/5, received and rejected the voucher on 13/6, email asking for patience on 19/6, email today to say its gone to my account and allow 5-7 days which for my last refund from them ended up actually taking 11 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

I posted a few days ago...I requested a refund in mid May for flight in late June (group flight for Euros in case anyone thought Ryanair had first class or something).

Anyway, sent a follow up 3 days ago as had heard nothing and was about to initiate chargeback with AIB. Chargeback is very complicated and I was involved in it years ago for a car deposit for a dealer that folded and I never received a cent back from AIB despite a lot of time, effort and expense, small claims court in the end awarded in my favour and never saw a cent....so my point is, chargeback is not as easy as their forms may look and is essentially a dispute, so for those here without experience of chargeback maybe hold off for a bit longer and Ryanair will come through, they have to. All I did was send an additional follow up email from my original time stamped etc asking for an update. I didn't go near that chat queue.

Dear Customer,

We acknowledge your request for a refund in lieu of a travel voucher for your unused booking.

We confirm that your refund request has been processed back to the form of payment used to pay for your booking. Your issuing bank will take 5-7 working days to process this refund amount back to your account.

The amount refunded to your credit/debit card/method of payment is

EUR-1798.20 Payment Method:Balancing

EUR-1798.20 Payment Method:COVID VO refused

Please note the travel voucher issued has been voided and can no longer be used.

Yours sincerely,

rang the bank and the money I got back was actually via the AIB charge-back, so Ryanair did not refund me at all.

via chat last week - Ryanair were promising to refund me by tomorrow actually.

so not sure what this means, our flights did not fly and were defo cancelled etc. so not sure if Ryanair can do this dispute crap.

Could I yet be shagged here?

Ryanair promised tomorrow July 31st to refund. And now Bleedin 2 days before this ......I get the money back via the AIB chargeback route.

Could Ryanair dispute this chargeback?
    (Flights were indeed fully cancelled etc and did not even happen)

Just got a mail from Ryanair, 24th March flight to be refunded in 5 to 7 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

My Italy outward flight June 29th (returning July 13th) then should be processed by mid Aug for a refund!?

Now there's a coincidence...

Just got an email saying my refund will be back on my card within 5-7 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Got the refund confirmation for a mid June flight today too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

whodini wrote: »
    Has anyone else not received an April cash refund yet?

Me!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I must be doing something wrong. Applied on 1st May for flight that was cancelled for 24th May. How can I contact someone in ryanair. Is there any email address I just want to make sure I'm in the refund list

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Could I yet be shagged here?

Ryanair promised tomorrow July 31st to refund. Ow Bleedin 2 days before this ......I get the money back via the AIB chargeback route.

Could Ryanair dispute this chargeback?
    (Flights were indeed fully cancelled etc and did not even happen)

if you paid for a service that was not delivered then no, under the merchant conditions of Visa/Mastercard, they can't dispute the chargeback.

BTW the money refunded isn't coming from AIBs own account, they are debiting the account that debited your card in the first place (the airlines) and crediting you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

US2 wrote: »
    I must be doing something wrong. Applied on 1st May for flight that was cancelled for 24th May. How can I contact someone in ryanair. Is there any email address I just want to make sure I'm in the refund list

You can waste your time with webchat but based on others experience you won't get very far and just have to wait like the literally millions of others seeing a refund.

You should consider initiating a chargeback...Google chargeback and your banks name for the form and procedure. Doesn't matter if you have applied for a refund with the airline already.

Email, and keep email thread looking for update. Do not spend hours waiting for chat response.

They have to refund and Ryanair is by no means insolvent. I wouldn’t touch an aer lingus voucher option at this stage however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

If it's of any use. I've done chargebacks for Ryanair, Aer Lingus and Quickpark. I corresponded with all minimally via email. I didn't bother with chatbots or phonecalls.
    All chargebacks via Bank of Ireland. Took max 30 days. B of I don't recognize soft copy only hard copy application but they didn't mess me around.
    My sympathies to anyone looking for their money back. Nobody should have to jump through hoops to get their money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Email, and keep email thread looking for update. Do not spend hours waiting for chat response.

They have to refund and Ryanair is by no means insolvent. I wouldn’t touch an aer lingus voucher option at this stage however.

What email address? I cant find one anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Thanks both. Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to a full refund (for the record, my flight time was changed from 12.45 pm to 7am).

Anyone been through the Aer Lingus full refund process and can advise which form or whatever other processes I need to use? (I have of course tried ringing them several times but they never answer).

It's a refund form on their website.

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/refund-request-form/

I know you posted a while back but just in case. It took me ages to get the cash back but remain patient and follow up every week with emails!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I applied for a voucher on March 25th, still haven't got it, 4 months later!!

Yep same here. Other friends got theirs over a month ago, and I am still emailing etc. looking for updates. Got a cash refund on a flight that was changed by over 2 hours which took a couple of months, but this voucher has me getting angry!

• Advertisement

What email address? I cant find one anywhere

This seemed to work for me when I sent the second email looking for an update

customerqueries@ryanair.com

Advertisement