Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Hi

Is anyone else waiting for a Ryanair refund for flights cancelled in May?

I sent a refund request email back then but nothing since.

I read online that all May and June refunds would be nearly done by the end of July.

Thanks

Yeah I’m still waiting and nothing. They don’t even answer their phones or reply to tweets on Twitter!! So I sent a complaint to Aviation Regulator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm not sitting on April flight refunds still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Hi

I read online that all May and June refunds would be nearly done by the end of July.

Thanks

They said that - but they lied

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jamesieliz

Hi

Thanks

i just got a mail this morning from them out of the blue confirming that i would get the money back into my account in 7 days :D
    my flights were for 29th May, i refused the voucher about a month ago by chat and was presuming i wouldn't see the money for another few months - fingers crossed as it's €1,200 and badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Still waiting since march
    Was told 2 weeks ago it would be another 2 weeks .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I need to chase up my Easter flights refund with Ryanair, anyone know the best way to contact them? Email?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

They are using passengers money as working capital. Holding on to your money, delaying, avoiding to pay cash refunds, issuing vouchers.

Makes sense.

Applied for the Aer Lingus voucher myself to try to support the airline. But 18.5 weeks later and still waiting.

My flight was one way but cost me over €600. I can see now that they have added a return flight to a fictional (Proserpine (PPP) to Taitung (TTT).. the Whitsunday Islands in Australia to Taiwan??) destination in my booking, on the 4th October. I'm wondering if they are doing that to avoid any issuing of voucher or payment until the flight date has "passed", as some sort of cashflow/voucher management system.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Honest question, why are people ****ing around with airline q's for refunds when in most cases you can do a chargeback and get your money back quickly?

5-10 mins to complete a form and compile supporting documents and the price of a stamp....worked for my 5 flights cancelled due to COVID-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

jamesieliz wrote: »
    i just got a mail this morning from them out of the blue confirming that i would get the money back into my account in 7 days :D
    my flights were for 29th May, i refused the voucher about a month ago by chat and was presuming i wouldn't see the money for another few months - fingers crossed as it's €1,200 and badly needed.

this is sickening me as my flight was May 25th , it was cancelled and I applied for refund on may 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Honest question, why are people ****ing around with airline q's for refunds when in most cases you can do a chargeback and get your money back quickly?

5-10 mins to complete a form and compile supporting documents and the price of a stamp....worked for my 5 flights cancelled due to COVID-19.

In my situation, I was offered the voucher by EI before any sight of a cancellation, and took the opportunity as it was getting very close to crunch time. So in that situation chargeback would not have applied as the flight wasn't officially cancelled. Subsequently I can't seem to find evidence that the flight did actually fly, but I also have no notice of cancellation either. Without proof of cancellation I don't think I can apply for chargeback, but happy to be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Applied for a chargeback with AIB around 4/5 weeks ago and have heard nothing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

So, just phoned AL to say I'd applied for a voucher beginning of April, heard nothing (I've phoned previously/tweeted) and now wanted a refund instead of the voucher.

Said they can't do it as I'd already requested a refund.

I still find it hard to believe the government would allow them to go under. Could that really happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

kathleen37 wrote: »
    So, just phoned AL to say I'd applied for a voucher beginning of April, heard nothing (I've phoned previously/tweeted) and now wanted a refund instead of the voucher.

Said they can't do it as I'd already requested a refund.

I still find it hard to believe the government would allow them to go under. Could that really happen?

hopefully not as we are an island nation. Imagine Ryanair prices if that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

We booked AerLingus flights to USA last Nov (Due to travel in September) by deposit. We do not want to go there for the foreseeable due to the large amount of COVID cases there.
    The balance was due today and we tried to contact AL numerous times over the past week to enquire what our options are.
    Finally spoke to them by phone yesterday. The agents are based in Europe somewhere and are difficult to understand.
    Basically the options were to pay the balance and take the gamble or don't pay the balance and lose the deposit paid.
    We were told that the flight was due to go ahead. We asked why the flights are going ahead despite a travel ban from/to USA. The answer was they just are!
    So they basically take your deposit without even sending you a reminder email.
    Aerlingus are gone downhill IMHO with very poor customer service and a "Don't care" attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just checked my credit card, I was owed €1275 from RA for flights from Jun 6th/20th

CC bill was to be paid today but they took what was owed less €1275....no notes, nothing

All I can think of is that my chargeback went through

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

If you do a debit / credit card chargeback, can the airline blacklist you for future travel?

sibersha wrote: »
    If you do a debit / credit card chargeback, can the airline blacklist you for future travel?

cant see how and if they do I would just use another card

anyway, I wont be flying RA anytime soon unless i have to

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I randomly got an email this morning from Ryanair issuing a voucher for my flight on March 14th. The flight date was right on the restriction dates, so it was always going to be a longer wait. But finally, the last piece of my travel backlog of refunds is complete.

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Applied for a chargeback with AIB around 4/5 weeks ago and have heard nothing back.

mine went through today from AIB, it wasnt a refund, they just took the amount off the monthly bill

sibersha wrote: »

No - its a merchant T&C for accepting Visa and Mastercard, they can't penalise you for it. Its also a benefit of your credit/debit card.

For those still waiting on vouchers, jump straight to the chargeback solution and if your bank are slow in processing chase them instead of the airlines who can't cope.

• Advertisement

So just to follow up on the “refund” through chargeback it looks like we got today through AIB

The cc bill was due to be paid today and does it automatically each month as direct debit from the joint account

Instead of taking the full amount of 3000 approx, it took 1725 and there is still an amount of 1275.92 left to clear which is exactly the amount of the RA flights

So without getting any letter to explain we are a bit in the dark and wondering if we’ll start getting charged interest on the outstanding amount from tomorrow

Shocking from AIB not even to put a message in your online banking inbox to let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Anyone get a refund from lastminute.com I've been waiting nearly 100 days since they agreed a refund with me. Can't email em or ring em not able to contact them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi

Is the chargeback with AIB a postal option only?
    Is there any way of doing it online?

Thanks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hi

Thanks

I applied via post to AIB start of June, they told me 30th June they only received it! They said have 6000 charge backs and to expect it in 60 days. Someone on another thread was able to email and had it within a week! Go figure. I’m sick of it all and still have more flights I’m hoping are cancelled.

Hi

Thanks

you have to print out the form and fill in and include all the receipts/correspondence and post

Anyone get a refund from lastminute.com I've been waiting nearly 100 days since they agreed a refund with me. Can't email em or ring em not able to contact them

Don't waste anymore time....initiate a charge back.

You'll need proof you tried to contact them to resolve, find any email address for them you can, send an email then print that.

Don't waste anymore time....initiate a charge back.

You'll need proof you tried to contact them to resolve, find any email address for them you can, send an email then print that.
    Tried that, paid with visa debit, no luck with ptsb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I had a flight booked for mid July, took the voucher and booked a flight to Spain for early Sept as I stupidly thought things may have quietened down in Spain.

We're looking at Malta for the same time but when I went in to change the flights it was costing 180 to change, it's supposed to be free isn't it?

Anybody have this issue?

Tried that, paid with visa debit, no luck with ptsb

What reason did they give?
    https://www.permanenttsb.ie/help-and-support/help-with-banking/disputed-card-payments/

• Advertisement

Cant remember exactly but def ringin them back and tryin again

Advertisement