Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

km79 wrote: »
    Sorry yeah ryanair
    No I used the email posted here the other day and that brought me to chat option with 5 minute wait time
    customerqueries@ryanair.com

I waited over 1.5 hours and gave up

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

US2 wrote: »

Did you go in through the chat via that email ?
    It seems to be a different one that normal chat which I also was waiting hours for in May

km79 wrote: »
    Sorry yeah ryanair
    No I used the email posted here the other day and that brought me to chat option with 5 minute wait time
    customerqueries@ryanair.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

My Ryanair flight was changed by over 3 hours and I was emailed with a link to cancel if I wish. I clicked the link and completed the form, but I received no confirmation email that the cancellation form was submitted or any cancellation is in progress. Is this normal? Cannot get through to anyone on chat. Flight still showing in my account and appears unchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

kc66 wrote: »
    My Ryanair flight was changed by over 3 hours and I was emailed with a link to cancel if I wish. I clicked the link and completed the form, but I received no confirmation email that the cancellation form was submitted or any cancellation is in progress. Is this normal? Cannot get through to anyone on chat. Flight still showing in my account and appears unchanged.

Same thing happened to me last week. Flight still in my account. Have tried chat 3 times and gave up after an hour or more each time. Will try again this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

so our situation as follows is:

after applying for a chargeback through AIB, last week we noticed our bill was due on the cc

They took the amount from our joint account to pay the bill (as they do every month on dd), less the amount of the chargeback (approx €1300).

So today is a new billing month when they update what we owe for the month of July transactions

We owe 'X' for July, but they are saying we only owe X-1300. Nothing is showing as being credited but the amount owed is less the flights

anyone else have similar situation with their chargebacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭setanta1000

Call Aer Lingus and ask for the refund over the phone, I had a flight change notification ( departure time changed to 3 hours earlier) a few weeks ago and called them up, I had the money back 3 days after the call.

Hi - what number are you guys calling Aer Lingus to get through to talk to a real person?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Aer Lingus have rescheduled my flights in September to a different airport (Edinburgh instead of Newcastle) but at the same departure times...

Am I entitled to a full refund seeing as how the times are not differing by over 2 hours ? Can't find anything on their site regarding change of airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

My Ryanair April flights 2020 were rescheduled to May and then May was cancelled and I requested a refund. I'm still waiting for a refund, is anyone else in same circumstances or what can I do to find out wtf is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

got chargeback completed today via revolut for ryainair flights

took 106 days from chargeback initiation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Aer Lingus have rescheduled my flights in September to a different airport (Edinburgh instead of Newcastle) but at the same departure times...

Am I entitled to a full refund seeing as how the times are not differing by over 2 hours ? Can't find anything on their site regarding change of airport.

I would think so yes give them a call as they cancelled my flights to Minneapolis in Sept and never told me I had to check their timetables to find out. They should do the refund form over phone for you they did it for me and im still waiting on my refund. Mine was submitted 22nd of July

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kezo777

Hi all. Anybody still waiting for refund from May? My flight for 11th May was canceled on 5th of May. Applied for refund, printed the comfirmation. Dead silence since then. No email,nothing. What is your experience with this time period of RA misery?

kezo777 wrote: »
    Hi all. Anybody still waiting for refund from May? My flight for 11th May was canceled on 5th of May. Applied for refund, printed the comfirmation. Dead silence since then. No email,nothing. What is your experience with this time period of RA misery?

I've just received a refund for flights on 9 June from RA so definitely worth chasing them up... especially if you didn't get a voucher offer.

I've just received a refund for flights on 9 June from RA so definitely worth chasing them up... especially if you didn't get a voucher offer.

How did you chase them?

I've went on every chat, emailed every address, phoned every number I could find and still havnt spoke to anyone. Flights for may 25th were cancelled on May 7th I applied for refund that day

How did you chase them?

I've went on every chat, emailed every address, phoned every number I could find and still havnt spoke to anyone. Flights for may 25th were cancelled on May 7th I applied for refund that day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

kc66 wrote: »
    Caranica wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me last week. Flight still in my account. Have tried chat 3 times and gave up after an hour or more each time. Will try again this week.

Update, got connected to chat in 30 minutes this morning. The refund application was successfully registered but they can't give me a timeline. The flights will be deleted from my bookings closer to the time.

How did you chase them?

check your spam email folder in case the voucher or any replies went into there maybe ?
    Have you screenshots or other proof of applying for the refund ?

I went on the online chatbot thing till I got to speak to someone...late evening so I wasn't on hold for too long

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Said I’d ask this query here instead of just starting a new thread.

We bought a voucher for parents in law last November with the intention they would use it to visit Ireland from Germany. With all that’s happened, it’s not possible for them to use the voucher due to their health. So is it possible to change name on voucher back to person who bought it??
    We would use it ourselves to visit Ireland by November.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Sent my charge back request to Permanent TSB at the beginning of last week and got my refund yesterday.
    The flights were bought through Vayama.ie using my visa debit card.
    I'd recommend anyone waiting should just go through their bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Aerlingus flight due to fly June 24th cancelled June 3rd, submitted refund request and rang them June 4th. Refunded to our account june 8th.

Ryanair flight due to fly out July 8th cancelled may 20th. Submitted refund request & declined voucher on chat 20 days later. Got email from Ryanair today saying we will have our refund in 5 to 7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

Still no refund from Ryanair for my April 6th flight That was cancelled in late March. Absolutely impossible to contact. I think one problem is that my holiday was booked through loveholidays.ie as opposed to directly by myself, and Ryanair seem to be using this as an excuse to withhold payment or something. Really fed up of them at this stage. Love holidays are in touch with me regularly and they are saying that they are finding it very very difficult to process RA refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

I got the letter from PTSB today as to why Air Canada disputed the Chargeback.

Basically Air Canada say that I accepted their terms and conditions, which included the fact that the tickets are non-refundable, so therefore no-refund.

My understanding about non-refundable tickets is that if *I* cancel a flight, I don't get a refund, but if they cancel it, I should get one, but maybe I'm wrong?

I've 10 days left to escalate the dispute, not sure where I stand and what my rights are.

Still waiting to hear back from the travel insurance too.

deandean wrote: »
    Still no refund from Ryanair for my April 6th flight That was cancelled in late March. Absolutely impossible to contact. I think one problem is that my holiday was booked through loveholidays.ie as opposed to directly by myself, and Ryanair seem to be using this as an excuse to withhold payment or something. Really fed up of them at this stage. Love holidays are in touch with me regularly and they are saying that they are finding it very very difficult to process RA refunds.

Same boat as you. Ryanair are dealing with me but the funds will be sent to ryanair.

My sister had a booking with love holidays through ryanair for May 29th though and relieved her refund last week. Really annoying they are clearly not doing it in order of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

obi604 wrote: »
    Got an official letter today from AIB, very short letter, 2 paragraphs. first paragraph saying they had returned the value of the transaction.
    2nd Paragraph says:

"If the voucher is represented to us, we may need to reverse this credit from your account. If this happens, we will advise you"

What do AIB mean mean by "the voucher"?

so essentially, if I don't use the Ryanair voucher (I have no intent to use it, have not even asked for a voucher etc) I should be fine and should not be affected by reversing the credit?

95 days now since I applied for refund. 100s of emails sent , hours spent on chat, still not even as much as a confirmation that I'm even on the refund list. Its really pissing me off now

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

I got a refund yesterday from Aerlingus for flights on 8th May. Had applied for the refund right away after the flights were cancelled and didn't contact them again, just waited. Just FYI for anyone waiting from around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

95 days now since I applied for refund. 100s of emails sent , hours spent on chat, still not even as much as a confirmation that I'm even on the refund list. Its really pissing me off now

Go through your bank, I did for my tickets I bought on my Visa debit and I had the refund within a week

seannash wrote: »
    Go through your bank, I did for my tickets I bought on my Visa debit and I had the refund within a week

I cant as it was paid in installments to loveholidays

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

.G. wrote: »
    I got notification of refund to my account today for flights that were due to take place in late June but were cancelled in May. Ryanair.

Applied for the refund 20/5, received and rejected the voucher on 13/6, email asking for patience on 19/6, email today to say its gone to my account and allow 5-7 days which for my last refund from them ended up actually taking 11 days.

Money in account today so I'm done with Ryanair thankfully. I'll think long and hard before I book another flight with them again after all the messing about with my two refunds this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 kezo777

.G. wrote: »
    Money in account today so I'm done with Ryanair thankfully. I'll think long and hard before I book another flight with them again after all the messing about with my two refunds this year.

Well done! I just applied for refund on the same day of cancelation (5th of May) and done nothing else with them. I don't think i should. Just printed the refund request comfirmation and waiting since. Going to be waiting for an eternity it seems.

Advertisement