Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

Decoda wrote: »
    01 7617835.....option 4......took me 25 minutes but finally got through and got refunded.

Thanks my friend, I will give them a jingle jangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

Chijj wrote: »
    Hi All,

Hoping for some guidance, I have paid in full for a trip to USA in September, the travel Agent has advised that I cannot change the dates for the hotel but can change the dates of the flights.

If the travel advice is to avoid non essential travel will I have a right to a full refund ?

Am I in a position to request one now ?

Apologies for the questions but the travel Agency has been very poor in responses being very vague, just looking for some clarity.

Thanks

Hi - posted elsewhere but have similar situation, Aer Lingus flights to Newark are not showing as available to book but EI are saying the flight will still operate (which I doubt- but then the US is on ‘red list’ and recommended not too travel and ESTA suspended!) so only option is to cancel and get refund of tax or change dates.

Not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

samo wrote: »
    Hi - posted elsewhere but have similar situation, Aer Lingus flights to Newark are not showing as available to book but EI are saying the flight will still operate (which I doubt- but then the US is on ‘red list’ and recommended not too travel and ESTA suspended!) so only option is to cancel and get refund of tax or change dates.

Not impressed!
    If flight goes and you don't fly you loose everything except taxes.
    If flight does not go, you are entitled to full refund. If your AL flight is changed by more than 2 hours your due a full refund

So need to get your booking to a flight that does not fly. See Aer Lingus rebooking game.
    There is zero benefit in you cancelling your booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Anyone get Ryanair refunds for June yet. We requested refunds towards the end of May but nothing back yet . Just wondering how much longer The wait will be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone get Ryanair refunds for June yet. We requested refunds towards the end of May but nothing back yet . Just wondering how much longer The wait will be ?
    Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

nothing, flight was 6th Jun, will post as soon as we get it (IF...!!!)

samo wrote: »

Not impressed!

how much taxes would you get if refunded?

is it worth it and instead take a risk and see if it gets cancelled

if it was me I would hold off

Decoda wrote: »
    01 7617835.....option 4......took me 25 minutes but finally got through and got refunded.

Rang Aer Lingus just there. Got connected to a very nice American girl immediately after no wait.

She said she would escalate my request to priority and I should have the loot in 5 days depending on my bank.

We will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Telly wrote: »
    Got my Ryanair refund this morning from them. Fights were 10th May.

My flights were 9th May and still nothing? I sent them a chat in messenger and said I’m in the refund que. how did you go about getting the refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Always_Running

I didn't accept the Ryanair voucher and got my early May flights refunded yesterday.

• Advertisement

I didn't accept the Ryanair voucher and got my early May flights refunded yesterday.

I’ve never accepted my voucher either but still waiting on a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Always_Running

I’ve never accepted my voucher either but still waiting on a refund.
    When was your flight meant to be? They are only sorting out the May refunds at the moment it seems.

When was your flight meant to be? They are only sorting out the May refunds at the moment it seems.

9th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭sapper

I booked my family’s Ryanair flight to Barcelona next week just after Christmas for EUR1500 - along with rest of the flight I’m sure. Flight is still scheduled to leave. You have Ryanair on the radio saying all their flights for Jul and Aug are fully booked. So what possible reason would Ryanair have to cancel my flight next week? They’ll just fly an empty plane to Barcelona and pocket my money right?

I have travel insurance arranged from before COVID so I’m trying to claim on that (no answer to my emails), but in general I’m right in saying the Govt,airline industry,society at large just expect me and everyone else who paid for a seat on that plane to stay at home and leave Ryanair to keep the money? Not even a voucher or a change of date?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I am on Ryanair Help as I type here and have been for the past 20 minutes. I have typed my question, pressed enter. I am now looking at a screen with my question looking back at me......is something else supposed to happen or what?

Still waiting almost an hour. I have no idea if there is anybody at the other end or what. Even if they said "please wait".

I am on Ryanair Help as I type here and have been for the past 20 minutes. I have typed my question, pressed enter. I am now looking at a screen with my question looking back at me......is something else supposed to happen or what?

Still waiting almost an hour. I have no idea if there is anybody at the other end or what. Even if they said "please wait".

are you still waiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

I waited 5 1/2 hours - obviously doing other things - before they finally replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Louche Lad wrote: »
    How do I get a full refund on a non-refundable flight? (No doubt this has been answered but I'm not going to look through 1276 posts!)

I booked an Aer Lingus flight but they cancelled it and they rebooked me on a different flight. The flight time change is more than two hours, so I think I'm entitled to a full refund.

But their Refund Request Form/ says "Saver, Smart and Plus fares are non-refundable" (and I booked one of these). If I were to fill out this form, would I only get the government taxes/charges back? If that's the case, is there a different form/route I should use? Or will choosing the appropriate "type of refund request" options result in a full refund?

Update on this: I just rang Aer Lingus and they answered their phone immediately! Their clerk (or "agent", is that the right term now?) was a little hard to understand (Indian, I think), but very pleasant and accommodating (especially as I had to suddenly scrabble around for my booking ref - I hadn't expected them to pick up at all!). Anyway, I asked him to put through my refund and do a couple of other things (it was complicated in my case, but he understood and did everything competently).

So if you need to speak to AL, try right now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Ryanair got back to me after an hour waiting. Their website says that all April refunds will be processed by 18th July, yesterday. I hadn't received mine so I decided to contact them. I was told that I would get my refund by the 31st July. Maybe they should change the information on their website and state this.

I am also due refunds for May. I was told that these would also be processed by the 31st July.

I am reading that some May flights have already been refunded yet April flights have not been refunded. They say that they are refunding in order. It is obviously not the case.

I really don't believe anything that they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

9th of May

I had contacted them by chat last month just to double check i was on the refund list and i was. Did you fill in the refund form?

• Advertisement

Telly wrote: »
    I had contacted them by chat last month just to double check i was on the refund list and i was. Did you fill in the refund form?

The one on the email? If so, yeah done that about a month or two ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gramsci Babeuf

I paid 1500 euros to fly my family out to Faro on holiday from August 7th to 17th with Aer Lingus. The flight hasnt been cancelled (yet). Im unsure as to whether I should apply for the 5 year voucher or hold firm for another while and hope that the flights are cancelled. I am thinking of holding off until the bank holiday weekend .

I have 2 questions (1) What should I do? (2) Roughly how long before a flight departs do Aer Lingus usually cancel?

Any help or guidance at all would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

The one on the email? If so, yeah done that about a month or two ago

Yep that one. I filled that out too and then got on to chat last month just to make sure i was on the list. Maybe confirm on chat that you are on the list. I did get a mail at the start of July to say my refund would be processed at the end of July so you'll probably get it in the next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

I finally got my refund in the account from Ryanair.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the great info :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm waiting on a Ryanair refund applied for on 1st May (flight due 15th May), I paid with a voucher so hopefully it's straightforward enough. I received one follow up acknowledgment email (working through the backlog etc) at the end of May, so I assume as I got that I'm on the refund list.

My BA flights to Japan have officially been cancelled, but you have to call for a refund, only vouchers or change of date available online :rolleyes: On hold 15 minutes so far, my friend over an hour. Gonna be a long day!

EDIT: OMG I just got through and got my refund! My friend is calling from UK, maybe that's why she's stuck on to them. No hassle, no attempt to push voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

My aerlingus flight for June 24th was cancelled June 3rd. I applied for the refund June 4th and rang them that day, he told me he would process the refund and it would go back within 7 days. I laughed at his ridiculous lies and went on with life.

I rang them today and got through immediately, I enquired about the status of my refund, to which he replied that I have already been refunded :confused: so I rang my husband and asked him to check his account , and yes, it appears that we have been refunded on June 8th, it went in to the account in 3 different amounts adding up to €717 the full amount.

Is this the quickest turnaround?? I can't believe we didn't notice.

Now to tackle Ryanair...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

I applied for a voucher on March 25th, still haven't got it, 4 months later!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

I had 8 flights for the Euros booked, mostly with BA. All 8 flights were cancelled. BA refunded within 7 days. 3 months later nothing from Ryanair although on to their customer services a few times. My BA refunds were issued there and then on the phone, took all of about 30 seconds and I received the refund a few days later if I requested it on a Monday or Tuesday.

In terms of consumer protection, is there a time limit on when a vendor has to refund? It’s quite clear that it has nothing to do with a backlog of issuing refunds.

I finally got my refund in the account from Ryanair.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the great info :)

When was your flight ? And how did you go about it? My flight was 9th May and last week they said I’m on the list whatever that means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

When was your flight ? And how did you go about it? My flight was 9th May and last week they said I’m on the list whatever that means

How did you contact them to find out you were on the list ? I'm awaiting for flights on May 25.

Advertisement