Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

AMD up 10% after hours, where's the crying emoji on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I sold AMD at $3.60, $2.72 & $2.36 - at yesterday's closing price ($67.61) they would now be worth $202,830 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    I sold AMD at $3.60, $2.72 & $2.36 - at yesterday's closing price ($67.61) they would now be worth $202,830 :o

I think Cute Hoor has used them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the person that tipped me off to AMD back in 2018 when they were @ $12, got in at $4, and it wasnt a drop in the ocean either he put in. Recently got out @ $62

talking 7 figures now in about 3-4yrs

Patience is key

Not great at the sums either - at yesterday's closing price ($67.61) they would now be worth $338,050 :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Kamu

I really need to start looking at these tips people are giving. Though the big winners are rare and few between (with many losers in there).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Kamu wrote: »
    I really ne d to start looking at these tips people are giving. Though they big winners are rare and few between (with many losers in there).

Buy low sell high :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Not great at the sums either - at yesterday's closing price ($67.61) they would now be worth $338,050 :o:o

You'd have to emigrate or pay near €100.000 tax on exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

voluntary wrote: »

Shure it's not really worth the €200k profit he'd walk away with really

Isle of Man :cool:

• Advertisement

Kilboor wrote: »
    Buy low sell high :cool:

I might just try that. Cant hurt, the whole buy high sell low hasn't been working out too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Kamu

I might just try that. Cant hurt, the whole buy high sell low hasn't been working out too well.

Don't know what you're talking about, it's easy. I made a whopping €500 this year. I think I should start a consultancy. :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

What are peoples thoughts on IAG - with the announcement of the share dilution of 2.5BN I have a strong feeling their Q2 2020 results today will be awful considering the months being included.

My stock pick is Activision - should soar in the Q2 results as it did with Q1. Keeping an eye on Zynga too after their acquisition

Yea the tax would have been a bummer, I'm glad now I sold early

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

now is the time to be buying USD stocks if you can find a good one with the weak dollar

Any gains I've made in the last 2 months in EUR value are on paper not there as I have an ameritrade account and its in USD

But I see it as an opportunity to send EUR to the account now and if the dollar strenthens against the EUR it will swing back in my favour

by the way, the guy that tipped me to AMD back in 2018, has said he is seriously looking at $UMC now. He doesnt mess around when it comes to investing in these companies (he's mentioning putting 5 figures into them now), he has religoulsy stuck to 4-5 in that sector for years and has done very well from them

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    now is the time to be buying USD stocks if you can find a good one with the weak dollar

Any gains I've made in the last 2 months in EUR value are on paper not there as I have an ameritrade account and its in USD

But I see it as an opportunity to send EUR to the account now and if the dollar strenthens against the EUR it will swing back in my favour

by the way, the guy that tipped me to AMD back in 2018, has said he is seriously looking at $UMC now. He doesnt mess around when it comes to investing in these companies, he has religoulsy stuck to 4-5 in that sector for years and has done very well from them

I've gotten caught the other way invested heavily about 2 months ago and from a currency perspective im down about 1k.

by the way, the guy that tipped me to AMD back in 2018, has said he is seriously looking at $UMC now. He doesnt mess around when it comes to investing in these companies (he's mentioning putting 5 figures into them now), he has religoulsy stuck to 4-5 in that sector for years and has done very well from them

UMC up 12% after hours, missed your tip by a day!

Spiked based on this... https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/07/27/why-united-microelectronics-stock-skyrocketed-toda.aspx

DutchYurt wrote: »
    UMC up 12% after hours, missed your tip by a day!

I've placed an order for 1,500 shares at $3.70. Lower than what it'll open at, but approx $.40 off its recent spike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shopify blew the earnings out of the water. Shares up 8% in pre market. Bought one at $330 in March, big regrets that I didn't pick up more. At this stage most of the people who have online shops on Shopify would have been better off just buying Shopify shares

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    At this stage most of the people who have online shops on Shopify would have been better off just buying Shopify shares

Bit of circular thinking there, but :pac:

Shopify blew the earnings out of the water. Shares up 8% in pre market. Bought one at $330 in March, big regrets that I didn't pick up more. At this stage most of the people who have online shops on Shopify would have been better off just buying Shopify shares

This little known secret will make you rich! Learn how YOU could become a millionaire from DROPSHOPPING :D

This little known secret will make you rich! Learn how YOU could become a millionaire from DROPSHOPPING :D

Gawdammit, I need to get a pen and paper at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Usd slide is going to kill me, I only update my portfolio in excel the last day of the month so I'm not looking forward to it

GSK might get oversold today

I work beside their office. Every day for the last maybe 2 years I've always gone, hmm I should look into them as a company, never got around to it, Hindsight right!?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

I've been in and out of SHOP for over 3 years. If i had held on tighter i'd have made a lot more. Had over 100 shares at a cost average of $60 at one stage. But i'm more than happy with the returns since March.

Finally RGLS pops for me. 45% gain today

Kodak shows no signs of stopping. 2 dollars to 50 dollars this week

Cameras and film to Pharmaceuticals

• Advertisement

Kodak shows no signs of stopping. 2 dollars to 50 dollars this week

Cameras and film to Pharmaceuticals

Kodak is up 294% due to trump announcement. JAYSUS

Advertisement