Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

look at all the pdc major winners now gone out of this comp

MVG
    Wade
    Cross
    Price
    Gurney
    Wright

and look at the glorified floor heroes doing well.

Smith is now the highest ranked player left against a heap of tv chokers, players past their past etc, and I still think the "world#5" who has never won a thing of note will still find a way to lose this comp.

If he fails to win this with so many top players gone out, i dont think he will ever win one and will be the new jenkins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

MVG
    Wade
    Cross
    Price
    Gurney
    Wright

Smith is now the highest ranked player left against a heap of tv chokers, players past their past etc, and I still think the "world#5" who has never won a thing of note will still find a way to lose this comp.

If he fails to win this with so many top players gone out, i dont think he will ever win one and will be the new jenkins

The polish eagle won't roll over easy

bassy wrote: »
    The polish eagle won't roll over easy

that 161 was class from him
    his second ton plus out on the bull as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

MVG
    Wade
    Cross
    Price
    Gurney
    Wright

Just last week you told me Anderson and Lewis were better than smith. Now this week theyre past their best and smith should walk to the title. Your a gas man.

US2 wrote: »
    Just last week you told me Anderson and Lewis were better than smith. .

where did I say that ?

Do my opinions irritate you so much that you are now reduced to lying ?
    I never said what you claim.

• Advertisement

durrant was a very lucky lucky boy,then again he did not play well at all.
    dunno what vdv was at with hes moaning and stupid throw that cost him in that leg,that was hes fault.
    and him giving it to the ref at the end,get to fook vdv you **** ur bricks.....................................
    i exspect the winner of ando v smith to win it out now.

durrant was a very lucky lucky boy,then again he did not play well at all.
    dunno what vdv was at with hes moaning and stupid throw that cost him in that leg,that was hes fault.
    and him giving it to the ref at the end,get to fook vdv you **** ur bricks.....................................
    i exspect the winner of ando v smith to win it out now.

Durrant is a nice guy, and unlike White, Speed jobber Vinny and so many others he does not choke.

But...has Glen ever beaten a top player in full flow ?
    Wright has beaten Glen I think six times, and Glens only wins are when the top players are out of form, or gets drawn against guys who beat the top players, or plays TV chokers.
    He does get lucky draws, but as soon as a player averages something decent over a long format he loses.

That said I would like to see him win it, as time is running out for him to win an event as he must be 50 years old now.

As for Vinny, even at 10-5 up the majority of the forum I post on still were picking durrant as Vinny is a jobber, always has been always will be, and acted the maggot throwing under arm, and tried to blame the caller Kirk Bevins for his own failings.

Winner of Ando v Smith wins the 2nd biggie in darts.well I think if Ando beats Smith he will win it out,could be a different story if blubberboy beats Ando cause he could choke in final if it's durrant he plays.

My 4 bets for the day

2.25 chief of chiefs 9/1 ascot EW

2.40 Elarqaam 2.40 2/1 York win

3.00 Tsar 7/4 WIN

4.10 frontispice 8/1 EW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

My 4 bets for the day

2.25 chief of chiefs 9/1 ascot EW

2.40 Elarqaam 2.40 2/1 York win

3.00 Tsar 7/4 WIN

4.10 frontispice 8/1 EW

How many 180's though?

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    How many 180's though?

Oh **** sorry guys lol,wrong thread.to many last night lol please remove.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I reckon Anderson will beat Smith easily

Other game is hard to call, hoping for a Dimitri win there but Durrant is a grinder

El Sueño wrote: »
    I reckon Anderson will beat Smith easily

Other game is hard to call, hoping for a Dimitri win there but Durrant is a grinder

I think in full flow dimitri can be better, but he is too erratic
    Glen on the other hand is a solid player who will do around 95 all the time, and whilst not a elite top player, will be more than enough over the longer distance for dimi.

As for the other, both heavy maximum hitters, both sketchy on doubles, but Ando has won big semi finals, smith you have to question his bottle.

Think if durrant wins, he beats smith in the Final, but if he plays Ando, then Ando wins the final.

Only way I see smith winning the title is if he plays dimi

I think in full flow dimitri can be better, but he is too erratic
    Glen on the other hand is a solid player who will do around 95 all the time, and whilst not a elite top player, will be more than enough over the longer distance for dimi.

As for the other, both heavy maximum hitters, both sketchy on doubles, but Ando has won big semi finals, smith you have to question his bottle.

Think if durrant wins, he beats smith in the Final, but if he plays Ando, then Ando wins the final.

Only way I see smith winning the title is if he plays dimi

Totally agree with all that Justin,your bang on there about Smith.

Smith was 14 -8 down
    smith wins 7 legs on the trot, because he is a great player, and misses a double to go 16-14 up and a leg from the match.

He still loses the match....tell me Smith does not choke....he might be a great player, but has no minerals.
    And people wonder why he has never won a thing of note in his entire career.

32 legs took 1hour and ten minutes.

The next game will take twice as long with durrant the slowest player in the PDC

Smith was 14 -8 down
    smith wins 7 legs on the trot, because he is a great player, and misses a double to go 16-14 up and a leg from the match.

He still loses the match....tell me Smith does not choke....he might be a great player, but has no minerals.
    And people wonder why he has never won a thing of note in his entire career.

32 legs took 1hour and ten minutes.

The next game will take twice as long with durrant the slowest player in the PDC

Smith has blown he's best chance of a major tournament,cross wright mvg gurney all gone early doors and he still cannot get any closer to a major
    Blubberboy

To be fair to Smith he's still under 30, Taylor still hadn't won a world title at his age.

I'd be shocked if he didn't win a major in the next 12-18 months.

To be fair to Smith he's still under 30, Taylor still hadn't won a world title at his age.

Sure took Liverpool 30 yrs to win the league, eventually he probably will.but he doesn't half make a meal of it..............

He is a huge talent, got great potential and age is on his side, but the same was said of the ex con Chris Mason.
    This 12-18 months was said 4 years ago...

Terry Jenkins was another people said was too good not to win a trophy.
    There was also ronnie Baxter, Wayne Mardle and others who won ZERO of note.

Until smith grows a set of testicles, and a spinal column he will be the new Terry Jenkins....oddly both have similar nicknames.

Bull and Bully

Point taken but I do think Smith is infinitely more talented than Mardle, Jenkins and Baxter. He reminds me more of Lewis.

• Advertisement

I would like to be proved wrong.

But when smith is the World #4 and has never won a decent worthy comp in his life let alone a true major, you have to think the PDC ranking system is a farce.

This Smith and Ando match lasted an hour and ten minutes, and had 34 legs

By the time durrants game went an hour and ten minutes, they were in the 20th leg.

Durrant is a boring watch, and the slowest player in the PDC

Well done dimi I'm delighted for him only 26 and debut year in the 2nd biggest tournament,your parents must be very very proud :)
    I'm a massive Ando fan and hope Gary wins,but if dimi does it then fair play I will be happy for him.
    May the best man win and let's hope for a belter...........

Ando -v- Smith went 34 legs - 1 hour 10 minutes
    Dimi -v- Durrant went only 32 legs but lasted 1 hour 48 minutes.

The most sickening part was listening to the comms who were a disgrace in their obvious bias.
    When Durrant would break we heard how durrant was brilliant
    When dimi broke...silence.

The kept telling us how Durrant never gives up and comes back ....really ?
    Other than coming back against players who choke on Telly like VvdV who has Durrant actually beat of note who has played well ?

I think its a disgrace when comms are suppose to be impartial shows complete bias towards certain players, as they do MVG, Durrant and even Lewis, whilst others are treated lesser.

Ando -v- Smith went 34 legs - 1 hour 10 minutes
    Dimi -v- Durrant went only 32 legs but lasted 1 hour 48 minutes.

The most sickening part was listening to the comms who were a disgrace in their obvious bias.
    When Durrant would break we heard how durrant was brilliant
    When dimi broke...silence.

The kept telling us how Durrant never gives up and comes back ....really ?
    Other than coming back against players who choke on Telly like VvdV who has Durrant actually beat of note who has played well ?

I think its a disgrace when comms are suppose to be impartial shows complete bias towards certain players, as they do MVG, Durrant and even Lewis, whilst others are treated lesser.

Same ****e commentary in the Smith match when he was coming back all biased God the English ehhhhh

Well done to dancing Dimi who made light work of the sulky Anderson.
    Dimitri now moves up to 12th in the rankings , above durrant.

However this just reinforces everything i have said about how ridiculous the ranking system is in the PDC.

Ian White, who has never won a thing is still ranked higher than dimitri
    Chizzy who has never won a thing of note ever is higher than dimitri
    Michael Smith is the world #4...number 4, and has never won a thing of note.

In fact even if Gary Anderson had won the final, the former 2 time World champion would still be below Michael smith...yes the same Michael Smith that Ando beat earlier.

There is something drastically skewed when Michael Smith is the world #4

Well done dimi well done fella your parents must be very proud tonight,I love Ando but he never turned up only one 180 from him and didn't score heavey at all especially in 2nd half of the game.
    Dimi took out the big ton plus,s to hurt Ando and never gave Ando anything to even try get back in.

Lovely lad seems a genuine humble young man and well done well deserved and beat man won by a mile.
    Hopefully Gary can Nick another major or 2 before he pulls the plug on darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

There is something drastically skewed when Michael Smith is the world #4

We all know it's skewed because it's based on money - his runner-up spot (£200K) at PDCWC via a softish draw in late 2018 is worth more (almost 2x so) than winning most other ranking events. That'll disappear from the rankings in 5 months and he'll be in a more realistic spot then.

Here's a thought though - Why not design your own ranking system and update it after each event? It could be a fun exercise and useful on your website. Maybe you can use points instead of money to reduce the WC loading, or change the weightings so that this years events are rated higher than last years.

It's important to be honest though, if there comes a month when it's giving you a result you don't like then you can't tweak it.

We all know it's skewed because it's based on money - his runner-up spot (£200K) at PDCWC via a softish draw in late 2018 is worth more (almost 2x so) than winning most other ranking events. That'll disappear from the rankings in 5 months and he'll be in a more realistic spot then.

Here's a thought though - Why not design your own ranking system and update it after each event? It could be a fun exercise and useful on your website. Maybe you can use points instead of money to reduce the WC loading, or change the weightings so that this years events are rated higher than last years.

It's important to be honest though, if there comes a month when it's giving you a result you don't like then you can't tweak it.

Like this ?

Like this ?

These rankins take in to account quality of opponents beat ect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

These rankins take in to account quality of opponents beat ect.

It looks an interesting method - Though I've genuinely never heard of the guy in 17th spot. Presumably his high ranking indicates a flaw in it.

Advertisement