Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Seve OB wrote:
    i assume if using PM i would need to get extended liability as it is more than €100.

Seve OB wrote:
    any advice?

Was it delivered and signed for by parcel motel already? I think you can only extend liability before it reaches them..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

tedpan wrote: »
    Was it delivered and signed for by parcel motel already? I think you can only extend liability before it reaches them..

I think they mean if they ordered again, and used PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

whiterebel wrote: »
    I think they mean if they ordered again, and used PM.

yes a new order

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

I haven't had any significant delays with Parcel Motel recently. I've used AddressPal a few times and they are much slower. Here's my last few deliveries:

05/06/2020 Delivered Newtownabbey (DPD)
    05/06/2020, 18:48 Parcel Motel In Transit
    06/06/2020, 03:54 Parcel Motel Stored

15/06/2020 Delivered Newtownabbey (Amazon)
    16/06/2020, 11:44 Parcel Motel In Transit
    17/06/2020, 13:54 Parcel Motel Stored

15/06/2020 Delivered Newtownabbey (Hermes)
    16/06/2020, 13:11 Parcel Motel In Transit
    17/06/2020, 04:06 Parcel Motel Stored

16/06/2020 Delivered Newtownabbey (Amazon)
    16/06/2020, 19:23 Parcel Motel In Transit
    18/06/2020, 03:58 Parcel Motel Stored

Unknown Delivered Newtownabbey (Royal Mail)
    18/06/2020, 15:51 Parcel Motel In Transit
    19/06/2020, 03:48 Parcel Motel Stored

22/06/2020 Delivered Newtownabbey (Amazon)
    22/06/2020, 14:53 Parcel Motel In Transit
    22/06/2020, 22:11 Parcel Motel Stored

23/06/2020 Delivered Newtownabbey (Royal Mail)
    24/06/2020, 13:32 Parcel Motel In Transit
    24/06/2020, 23:32 Parcel Motel Stored

One didn't have my PMID and there was no delay so I there mustn't be any other PM customers with my name!

Have 3 UK orders from different sellers. The first was delivered and signed for on Wednesday, second was yesterday morning and the third this morning. All three packages were signed into the depot tonight at 18:00. Must be getting through the backlog.. Hopefully they'll be in the motel in the next 24 hours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 PSol

Hi,

I searched the thread but wasn't able to find anything - does anyone have experience of sending or returning a parcel via PM? I'm wondering whether it should move to Delivered status on the Sent parcels part your account?

I returned something to Debenhams for the first time via PM (due to store closures :() and it has been sitting at "Status: Outbound at 18/06/2020 16:07" from Parcel Motel Dublin since the 18th.

I did ring the call centre and the lady said oh that means it's delivered, but I'm not convinced and wondered if anyone here has experience.

In the meantime I've also contacted Debenhams as they haven't acknowledged it.

Try going to the nightline site and pasting the tracking number in there. That should give you a clear view.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

PSol wrote: »
    Hi,

I searched the thread but wasn't able to find anything - does anyone have experience of sending or returning a parcel via PM? I'm wondering whether it should move to Delivered status on the Sent parcels part your account?

I returned something to Debenhams for the first time via PM (due to store closures :() and it has been sitting at "Status: Outbound at 18/06/2020 16:07" from Parcel Motel Dublin since the 18th.

I did ring the call centre and the lady said oh that means it's delivered, but I'm not convinced and wondered if anyone here has experience.

In the meantime I've also contacted Debenhams as they haven't acknowledged it.
    I've three sent parcels in my history. All three successfully made it to their destinations. Only one has a 'delivered' status though. Another is apparently still sitting in its destination locker (over two years later!) and the third has the status of 'weighed-in'.

Also, I've heard Debenhams can be very slow processing returns, sometimes six weeks plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Most of the time the delay and parcel not being stored is because of No PMID.
    Make sure to inform the seller to include the PMID always.

Another tip is attach your PMID within the address line or on your name

• Registered Users Posts: 12 boobazingaboo

Hey guys, looking to get a laptop from the UK, which one of these companies should I use? Parcel motel/Parcel Wizard/Address Pal.etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Hey guys, looking to get a laptop from the UK, which one of these companies should I use? Parcel motel/Parcel Wizard/Address Pal.etc

If u want straight to your door / home address go DPD parcel wizard.

If you want in a locker go with parcel motel.

I use both depending how I want the item to be delivered. Both are less than 4 euro per use.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

CHeck out each ones cover in the event of loss or damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

I've had this problem too. I just tweet up a storm, until they answer. PM will answer tweets it seems. They don't answer the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hold time of 15-20 mins is normal. Just hold on. Dont call at peak times (Lunchtime, directly after work).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

It’s 28 days now since my package was to be delivered. A joke of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

If something goes wrong with parcel motel, customer service is non existent in my experience

Quite frankly I would avoid them like the plague. Mind you, only one experience with them some years ago. Had ordered a holiday photo book from Photobox, who are located, I think, in Belgium. They have always sent my photo books through the National al postal service, but on one occasion sent one though Nightline/Parcel Motel and I had a small nightmare trying to get them to deliver it. They asked me to collect it, but at time I had no way of getting to their depot, eventually got the item. I emailed them and said in future I wanted all my orders sent through the postal service or I wouldn’t be doing any more business with them, and once again my friendly postman resumed delivery, leaving my parcel outside my apartment door.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Yellow_Blue

Hi All,

Will really appreciate your insight.
    How long does it take to redirect parcel to another depot e.g from Dublin to Galwey?

My over sized parcel arrived to Dublin Depot a bit early today. We are going to Galway tomorrow early morning and back late on Tuesday. There is a risk that we won't manage to collect it before 10 pm on Tuesday.

To avoid paying extra 7 EUR I wanted to collect it from Galway, but what if it arrives late, e.g Wednesday?

Will I be able to redirect it free of charge back to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Hi All,

Will really appreciate your insight.
    How long does it take to redirect parcel to another depot e.g from Dublin to Galwey?

My over sized parcel arrived to Dublin Depot a bit early today. We are going to Galway tomorrow early morning and back late on Tuesday. There is a risk that we won't manage to collect it before 10 pm on Tuesday.

To avoid paying extra 7 EUR I wanted to collect it from Galway, but what if it arrives late, e.g Wednesday?

Will I be able to redirect it free of charge back to Dublin?

Simply not worth the risk and they'll probably charge extra and a further charge if it has to get back to Dublin again.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Don't go near PM. The company seems to be having some kind of meltdown since the start of June. They lost a parcel of mine for sure last week, and I think they've lost another one given that it's been a week since it was delivered to them. After ten days of me pestering them they said they they think the parcel arrived opened, but they can't prove this because they can't find it. Surely if it arrived empty, they might've notified me at the time? I'm waiting on 100 euro compensation from them and haven't decided whether or not to file a claim against in the SCC for negligence.

• Advertisement

Well holy god.
    A bing on the phone this morning at 10 and a text to tell me that my parcel was in my locker. 3 weeks after it arrived in their hands. A different picture received, but the same parcel. Though it had quite clearly been opened and resealed since the last picture I received.
    Just collected and everything accounted for.

I haven’t had a lot delivered through them, maybe 10 parcels or so and this was the only time there was a f up...... but they got there in the end.

in fairness to them, i ordered the other thing on saturday night and i got a notification email @ 16:21 saying its in dublin already!!!
    amazon say it was delivered to newton abbey at 15:07. they must be trying to make up for their mistake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

Seve OB wrote: »
    in fairness to them, i ordered the other thing on saturday night and i got a notification email @ 16:21 saying its in dublin already!!!
    amazon say it was delivered to newton abbey at 15:07. they must be trying to make up for their mistake :D

The Amazon Logistics tracking times don't seem to be very accurate. I've had PM check-in parcels in their Dublin depot before the time Amazon said they delivered it in Newtownabbey!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

VG31 wrote: »
    The Amazon Logistics tracking times don't seem to be very accurate. I've had PM check-in parcels in their Dublin depot before the time Amazon said they delivered it in Newtownabbey!

Yeah you need to go to the An Post site to check the tracking to get live details. I had yet another ridiculous conversation with Amazon support this morning on just this subject about a damaged item that I had that was completely mashed.

Support: 'I can't process a return or refund as the item has not been delivered'
    Me: 'I just told you its here in my handsm its damaged and I've already asked you twice can I send you photographs of the parcel, item and damage'
    Support: 'The tracking has not been updated to say its been delivered'
    Me: 'It has on the carriers website - An Post'
    Support 'I'm sorry I cannot see that its been delivered, the item will be eligible for return on the 3rd of July'

etc.

etc. etc.

VG31 wrote: »

It hit the locker at 11.30 last night. I think they are trying to say sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭obriendj

Hi There,

We are having an issue with Parcel Motel. Wondering if anyone else has experienced similar?

Essentially what happened is this. The parcel was delivered to Parcel Motel but it was put into another clients locker.

This person has collected the item.

We are told PM have attempted contact but the person is not returning calls and is ignoring voice mails.

Has anyone else experienced this? and if so what can be done?
    It's very disappointing that someone would take what they know is not theirs.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

obriendj wrote: »
    Hi There,

We are having an issue with Parcel Motel. Wondering if anyone else has experienced similar?

Essentially what happened is this. The parcel was delivered to Parcel Motel but it was put into another clients locker.

This person has collected the item.

We are told PM have attempted contact but the person is not returning calls and is ignoring voice mails.

Thanks

Is its value under the standard 100euro insurance? Just claim the money from them..its their fault and attempt to get item back have failed.

obriendj wrote: »

Thanks

In fairness lots of people ignore numbers which they don’t recognise for many reasons.

Any who ever checks voicemail?

spix wrote: »
    Is its value under the standard 100euro insurance? Just claim the money from them..its their fault and attempt to get item back have failed.

The money paid for is less than 100 and they may offer that.

But this is something that we won't be able to replace easily or at all. The product isno longer manufactured.

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    In fairness lots of people ignore numbers which they don’t recognise for many reasons.

Any who ever checks voicemail?

Yes I am a aware of private numbers etc. And voice mails are a thing of the past. But if you get a miscall then a voicemail, you would check it.

We are hoping they are trying their best to resolve trivial the item.

Maybe they can suspend the users account?

I would think most people would return an item that wasn't theirs. But that's probably me being nieve...

I was just hoping to see if anyone was in a similar boat previously.

Advertisement