Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Enough spoonfeeding princess. Ask the PSNI why they are investigating. I posted credible sources to show regulations/guidelines are less than 30 at an outdoor public event. And I provided a source to show that if these guidelines are breached the PSNI are in a position to take action. Same powers the PSNI used to issue fines for house parties/BBQ's family gatherings throughout this crisis. The action they decide to take is upon themselves. Wide ranging powers (like those given to An Garda Siochana) were given to the PSNI on the 28th of March. Link provided previously. The law is the PSNI are the law.

Hold on a second here. The PSNI, and indeed any Law Enforcement are not the Law. We have a separation of powers and the police are not Legislators.

Spoonfeeding eh? You have shown me nothing, no law, no evidence of same. Enough of the princess talk. If there was a law breach, you would show me one. You cant. Just admit that you cant.

And are you telling me, that there are calls for Sinn Fein High Ranking officials to resign over the same issue as someone having a house party or BBQ. Well that is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

joeguevara wrote: »
    Hold on a second here. The PSNI, and indeed any Law Enforcement are not the Law. We have a separation of powers and the police are not Legislators.

Spoonfeeding eh? You have shown me nothing, no law, no evidence of same. Enough of the princess talk. If there was a law breach, you would show me one. You cant. Just admit that you cant.

And are you telling me, that there are calls for Sinn Fein High Ranking officials to resign over the same issue as someone having a house party or BBQ. Well that is amazing.

You are carrying on as if the NI executive did not give the PSNI the authority to fine up to £5000 via powers transferred to them by the Covid 19 UK act 2020 for gatherings that are not allowed at the moment

I don't know what your purpose is in such an exercise or if you were told to engage posters in the legislation goose chase but as far as I'm concerned I've been helpful and the information is there
    As I understand it,the executive sets the fines

• Registered Users Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Except it isn't the same issue as someone having a house party. Maybe you could respond to the question I posed?
    blanch152 wrote: »
    So government guidelines for Covid-19 are published, people are expected to adhere to them, they aren't put into law, but if Michelle O'Neill, Mary-Lou McDonald or any other politician breaches the guidelines, they have no case to answer, is that your position?

If it is, consider this. There is no law against travelling to Lanzarote, people are advised against it. So, if Leo or Micheal headed off for a week to Lanzarote and topped up their tan in the sun, you would have no issue with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,637 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You are carrying on as if the NI executive did not give the PSNI the authority to fine up to £5000 via powers transferred to them by the Covid 19 UK act 2020 for gatherings that are not allowed at the moment

I don't know what your purpose is in such an exercise or if you were told to engage posters in the legislation goose chase but as far as I'm concerned I've been helpful and the information is there
    As I understand it,the executive sets the fines

The PSNI were told what the plans were.

They didn't intervene or say that regs were being broken at that stage.

So it looks to me that all they will be doing is looking at how close people were to one another and assessing if that was a breach and if SF or the individuals are the guilty parties.

If they find fault with the 'plans' then they are finding fault with themselves as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

So it looks to me that all they will be doing is looking at how close people were to one another and assessing if that was a breach and if SF or the individuals are the guilty parties.

If they find fault with the 'plans' then they are finding fault with themselves as well.

I'm not too sure on that one, they claim differently.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/psni-deny-mary-lou-mcdonald-claim-that-force-involved-in-planning-of-bobby-storey-funeral-39337494.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

Leaders in society are supposed to display higher standards of behaviour than us plebs. It's called leadership. If a political leader was caught planning or attending a house party or BBQ without strict social distancing then I would consider that a resigning matter.

I don't know if I would consider attendance at the Storey funeral a resigning matter but it was extremely ill-advised. It was totally predictable that social distancing rules would not be maintained at such a gathering

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sinn-fein-says-michelle-oneill-staying-put-after-bobby-storey-funeral-furore-bdvpd32bv

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/06/30/news/size-of-the-crowd-at-bobby-storey-funeral-draws-criticism-from-sinn-fein-s-political-rivals-1990906/

The PSNI and gardai will protect themselves when controversy arises. Read between the lines. They were aware of what was planeed. It is there in the quoted bit.

Accordingly we were made aware of the plans for Tuesday’s funeral and local officers engaged with the celebrant and service organisers to highlight both the public health advice and risks around Covid-19, and the requirement for those attending to adhere to social distancing.
    We had assurances that those attending would observe the health guidelines and that marshals would be in place to encourage those lining the cortege route to observe social distancing.

If they deviated from the plan then they are going to be fined/penalised.

Iff they were lax on social distancing then the fines will be appropriate to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Except, as you well know, because it has been pointed out to you several times, with links, the PSNI did not agree to the arrangements.

Stop peddling lies on this.

Except, as you well know, because it has been pointed out to you several times, with links, the PSNI did not agree to the arrangements.

I didn't say they agreed or disagreed. I said they were aware of the plan as they had officers stationed at the church, graveyard and crematorium.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

cal officers engaged with the celebrant and service organisers to highlight both the public health advice and risks around Covid-19, and the requirement for those attending to adhere to social distancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 gossipgirl123

Why was Bobby so deserving of such a large gathering funeral.....haven't read much good on the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

rdwight wrote: »
    An option open only to the families of IRA members apparently.

Let's not be jumping ship just yet. Blanch concluded the funeral was fake based on the geographical location of the funeral and were the body may be cremated. The family had the funeral were they wanted.
    I can't speak to the other effort at flogging this horse but I can see a funeral expecting a massive turn out might cause scheduling issues. Also We'll see who made the call. The Council, the funeral company or the bearded men up in the hills :rolleyes:

Why was Bobby so deserving of such a large gathering funeral.....haven't read much good on the man.

Try be honest. If you want to criticise the man feel free. Don't pretend to be looking for insight. You already have a makey-up doe eyed 'RA thread on the go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Who said he was deserving? Just the usual Shinner propaganda circus and plenty of dole merchants around with nothing else to do. Also gives a two finger salute across to the Shankill who wont be having any Twelfth marches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Where did I ask for anyone to resign. I'm barely in this thread. It's your comment I noticed.

Simple question what "laws" were broken for the PSNI to hand out 100s of fines for breach of regulations in relation to gatherings across NI during the covid19 outbreak? Whatever "laws" they deemed broken during these gatherings is it not possible they deem them broken at this funeral? I don't care about the context of the event as that's not how rules work. You break them you break them. Whether it be a house party piss up of 50 young lads or a funeral of 100s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Apparently he was one of the few leading republicans who didn’t turn out to be in the pay of the British security forces. Such a unique occurrence it warrants a celebration with all the macabre bells and whistles the republican movement can muster.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Apparently he was one of the few leading republicans who didn’t turn out to be in the pay of the British security forces. Such a unique occurrence it warrants a celebration with all the macabre bells and whistles the republican movement can muster.
    One of the few who wasnt found out to be in the pay of the British

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Edgware wrote: »
    One of the few who wasnt found out to be in the pay of the British

here we go again - the 'Brits were fighting the Brits' theory. Keep it up lads - terrible weather out there so a bit of light entertainment goes a long way

It's a, bit unusual to bring a coffin to a cemetery and then to a crematorium I would have thought, kinda like, the cart before the horse is it not.
    But that's no surprise with SF involved is it.

bit unusual? Nope. At least google before the oul waffling.

https://beyond.life/help-centre/arranging-a-funeral/when-a-body-is-cremated-what-happens-to-the-coffin

Im sure if they went to the cemetary first (i havent been glued to the news about that particular funeral, unlike some of the closet Shinner fans on this thread), but I asume a trip to the cemetery first was for some form of oratory

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    here we go again - the 'Brits were fighting the Brits' theory. Keep it up lads - terrible weather out there so a bit of light entertainment goes a long way

The same bunch will stand up and defend the British if it is an Irish person criticising them.
    The auld hat doffing/inferiority complex has a bit to go yet before it dies out completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Only the most slavish republican sycophant would deny that the republican movement was riddled with informers. Even their head of counter intelligence was a British agent ffs.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Im sure if they went to the cemetary first (i havent been glued to the news about that particular funeral, unlike some of the closet Shinner fans on this thread), but I asume a trip to the cemetery first was for some form of oratory

So you were just waffling about in your previous reply to me.
    You didn't even know, they went to the cemetery with the coffin, carried it shoulder high to the grave with the provo army council carrying it and did their graveside oration for the masses, gathered during a pandemic, and then snook the coffin off to a crematorium afterwards.
    Where have you been and why are you advising me to Google? :)

So you were just waffling about in your previous reply to me.
    You didn't even know, they went to the cemetery with the coffin, carried it shoulder high to the grave with the provo army council carrying it and did their graveside oration for the masses, gathered during a pandemic, and then snook the coffin off to a crematorium afterwards.
    Where have you been and why are you advising me to Google? :)

Will you stop lying...nobody 'snook' anywhere.

Sad and sick thing to be doing tbh.

Just funning Francie, he told me to Google and then didn't know what he was talking about himself, jesus, did you read the link he put up.
    And the did snook, most thought the funeral was over at the grave.

Just funning Francie, he told me to Google and then didn't know what he was talking about himself, jesus, did you read the link he put up.
    And the did snook, most thought the funeral was over at the grave.

Imagine:
    'Was Horkan cremated or buried. If he was cremated I assume it was beside were the funeral was held otherwise it was likely staged and fake? Did it inconvenience any other funerals or cremations? Scum attend his funeral? I would hazard the typical pot bellied red necked Garda? Was Flano there for a photo op? They'd some neck assuming the public wanted this. They should apologise to the public. Thinking their funeral was more important. What was he doing producing a gun? I'd say we'll hear some interesting stuff come out'

Sounds petty and tacky right?

Bowie wrote: »
    Imagine:
    'Was Horkan cremated or buried. If he was cremated I assume it was beside were the funeral was held? Did it inconvenience any other funerals or cremations? Scum attend his funeral? I would hazard the typical pot bellied red necked Garda? Was Flano there for a photo op?'

In fairness lads, wtf are yiz on about.
    Are yiz all on the sauce tonight.
    Maybe it's normal in SF circles to Bury the dead before they cremate them, but it's not normal practice in my neck of the woods.

Bowie wrote: »
    Imagine:
    'Was Horkan cremated or buried. If he was cremated I assume it was beside were the funeral was held otherwise it was likely staged and fake? Did it inconvenience any other funerals or cremations? Scum attend his funeral? I would hazard the typical pot bellied red necked Garda? Was Flano there for a photo op? They'd some neck assuming the public wanted this. They should apologise to the public. Thinking their funeral was more important. What was he doing producing a gun? I'd say we'll hear some interesting stuff come out'

Sounds petty and tacky right?

No, it looks like a drunken ramble in honesty.

The Belfast telegraph broke the story of the cremation of Storey the day after the funeral, it wasn't known about on the day of the funeral, I linked it the next day and the story about the crematorium and the controversy with staff sent home and all the hoo ha that nobody knew about on the day of the funeral.
    It's there in my posts, look it up.

And I'm not lying and your accusation is typical of shinner bull****, fair play to you for revealing your true colours yet again.

• Advertisement

No, it looks like a drunken ramble in honesty.

The Belfast telegraph broke the story of the cremation of Storey the day after the funeral, it wasn't known about on the day of the funeral, I linked it the next day and the story about the crematorium and the controversy with staff sent home and all the hoo ha that nobody knew about on the day of the funeral.
    It's there in my posts, look it up.

Using some of the bile and arsery posted here on a different funeral in the same circumstances is all.
    Milikng it for all it's worth and more. Story is losing steam boys. But for a few die hard desperadoes in blue hats or Orange sashes....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement