Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I just remembered one from the other day! In the supermarket I spotted something that made me do a double take. More, even, I went back at least three times to re-read the label. The product in question was a bag. The large writing on the bag read "100% peanut butter". The bags were partially see-through, I could clearly see the contents. No, you lying, misleading shysters. What you have there isn't "100% peanut butter". That's a bag of nuts. Whole. Shelled, but whole. Nothing "butter" about it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote:
    I just remembered one from the other day! In the supermarket I spotted something that made me do a double take. More, even, I went back at least three times to re-read the label. The product in question was a bag. The large writing on the bag read "100% peanut butte"r. The bags were partially see-through, I could clearly see the contents. No, you lying, misleading shysters. What you have there isn't "100% peanut butter". That's a bag of nuts. Whole. Shelled, but whe. Nothing "butter" about it.

I can't believe it's not butter.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted, you should ban yourself for that. You're obviously nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote:
    Ted, you should ban yourself fot that. You're obviously nuts.

I've known that for years. I have fully embraced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

New Home wrote:
    Ted, you should ban yourself fot that. You're obviously nuts.

I'm pressing the button but nothing is happening!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Baggly wrote: »

Press harder!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Baggly wrote:

I think you meant nutting is happening...

I'll get me coat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Real butter non spreadable. Hate the stuff because it ruins making a sandwich. Always have to leave it in clumps. Plus then when try and spread the butter does not work. Worst case scenario a hole in the bread.
    Plus any likes on this post are going to annoy me as well. Only trying to butter me up!

Something that is equally annoying is when wraps get stuck to each other in the packet, usually in clammy weather. And no matter how careful you are separating them, a hole or two always appears, making them structurally inadequate.

My TA is the fact my feet still feel wet some four hours after going for my walk, admittedly in the rain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Real butter non spreadable. Hate the stuff because it ruins making a sandwich. Always have to leave it in clumps. Plus then when try and spread the butter does not work. Worst case scenario a hole in the bread.
    Plus any likes on this post are going to annoy me as well. Only trying to butter me up!

Freeze the bread. Butter it straight from freezer, won't make a hole in it then.

Freeze the bread. Butter it straight from freezer, won't make a hole in it then.

Alternatively melt the butter and pour it onto the bread, so many solutions. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

cj maxx wrote: »
    You're supposed to pronounce the L . Softly but still.
    They're not Amonds :)

I know, but it still annoys me.

TA I bought something for a neighbour with my card and he paid me with cash which I feel is essentially obsolete at this stage. I might keep it under the bed in case of a second surge anarchy scenario.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I can't believe it's not butter.

A bad case of esprit de l'escalier, but...

I can't believe it's nUt butter, either. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Why haircuts don't last longer :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

There's a parent group I'm in and the thinly veiled competitiveness and one-upmanship is astounding and really annoying! The latest was someone saying they don't buy their kid "whole toys" instead they will just give them a paintbrush or a roll of tape or some other random object, to encourage them to create their own toy. Ok fair enough, but then it had to be qualified with "and I know this works because my child is smarter and more creative than anyone else in the world etc." Or someone will ask for a recommendation for bottles and be told they should be breastfeeding, or a recommendation for ear piercing and be told they are mutilating their child. It's endless.

TA the world of parenting appears to be a dark place full of weirdos trying to prove themselves and outdo others. I'm just here like, I kept my baby alive today and managed to wash myself yay ��

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That handpump off the ‘zuzuki’ ad.

Antares35 wrote:
    TA the world of parenting appears to be a dark place full of weirdos trying to prove themselves and outdo others. I'm just here like, I kept my baby alive today and managed to wash myself yay ��

You should leave that group. Doesn't sound like you're getting much out of it except annoyance. I haven't had that experience with other parents at all to be honest. I've found the exact opposite in that others parents were really encouraging, particularly with our first child. But then again I never joined a parenting group so maybe that's where the demons doth dwell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I think the HR people in my place of work are conspiring to drive me demented. I'm engaged with three people from three different HR departments at the moment (because God forbid there'd be a centralised HR system) about various issues. Every single time I ask a question, no matter what about, the response is to copy and paste a link to a page from my workplace website. This is despite
    a) the page only containing general information and not addressing my questions and
    b) me already pointing out in the initial email that that particular webpage does not actually address my concerns.
    I'm fairly sure at this point that they're getting some sort of commission from whoever designed the webpage based on the number of copy and pastes they do in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

As on off-shoot to Antares35's post, my TA is that despite social media making us more connected than ever before, it has DEFINITELY reduced the intelligence levels of some people.

How did our parents raise us at all without the need to constantly ask for recommendations from strangers off the internet for everything, every single day (example: does anyone know what time the chemist opens today at? TIA x. Its not that hard to check yourself). Those mammy groups and buy and sell pages are eye-openers. It sseems a lot of people have lost the concept of figuring things out by themselves, or indeed live off the validation of social media 'popularity'.

Its a wonder how we survived without social media at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I forgot to put eyeliner on today.
    My temperamental back wiper is not working today.
    I dropped a pancake onto my phone and there is Nutella in the cracks on my screen saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

As on off-shoot to Antares35's post, my TA is that despite social media making us more connected than ever before, it has DEFINITELY reduced the intelligence levels of some people.

How did our parents raise us at all without the need to constantly ask for recommendations from strangers off the internet for everything, every single day (example: does anyone know what time the chemist opens today at? TIA x. Its not that hard to check yourself). Those mammy groups and buy and sell pages are eye-openers. It sseems a lot of people have lost the concept of figuring things out by themselves, or indeed live off the validation of social media 'popularity'.

Its a wonder how we survived without social media at all.

Cos the village was strong :)

The majority of mothers would have stayed at home so there would be plenty of other mums in the locality, out for walks /shops etc so would share tips in person.

Families were bigger so eldest sisters would have reared the younger ones, so already trained as mothers. Then the younger kids would be close in age to their niece /nephews so would also be half rearing them, again getting training on how to look after children.

Everything was also alot more "local", often people bought houses close to either their parents, other siblings or some relation.

But yeah social media gives a platform to certain individuals to announce how fantastic they are rearing their children (obviously one handed as the phone must be glued to the other) when the majority of us are just happy that the kids are alive, fed, clean, clothed and we've had a shower :)

Though I do appreciate your qs was probably rhetoric :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A preteen boy demanding loudly that they all go back in the car and go somewhere else as the beach was smelly*

* It wasnt that smelly.

b4 anyone @'s me, he didnt appear to have any other issues than bossiness, the adults and other kids with him seemed bored of this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I had taken and swallowed a mouthful of soda bread before I noticed a tiny sly bit of mould.
    I may be dead tomorrow, check RIP.ie

To thine own self be true

Antares35 wrote: »
    There's a parent group I'm in and the thinly veiled competitiveness and one-upmanship is astounding and really annoying! The latest was someone saying they don't buy their kid "whole toys" instead they will just give them a paintbrush or a roll of tape or some other random object, to encourage them to create their own toy. Ok fair enough, but then it had to be qualified with "and I know this works because my child is smarter and more creative than anyone else in the world etc." Or someone will ask for a recommendation for bottles and be told they should be breastfeeding, or a recommendation for ear piercing and be told they are mutilating their child. It's endless.

I was in a parent group and the judgyness was horrifying. I left it only yesterday after mentioning I felt like giving up feeding because my little guy was trying out his new teeth on me and I was accused of selfishly deciding to permanently damage his health, intelligence and security, all with an undertone of how bad a parent I obviously was compared to them. I wasn't even serious, just sore! I can imagine the impact that sort of pile on would have on someone feeling a bit vulnerable, it's just a horrible way to behave and I don't want any part of it.

You get through the day and if the baby is happy then you're winning. The only opinions that matter is the babys and yours. :) Congratulations, btw!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    I think the HR people in my place of work are conspiring to drive me demented. I'm engaged with three people from three different HR departments at the moment (because God forbid there'd be a centralised HR system) about various issues. Every single time I ask a question, no matter what about, the response is to copy and paste a link to a page from my workplace website. This is despite
    a) the page only containing general information and not addressing my questions and
    b) me already pointing out in the initial email that that particular webpage does not actually address my concerns.
    I'm fairly sure at this point that they're getting some sort of commission from whoever designed the webpage based on the number of copy and pastes they do in a week.

I've just had a similar experience. Kept getting fobbed off with a standard reply, which didn't address the question, 'query now resolved'. No, it isn't.

Finally, finally, got an answer this week.

TA I just read a few Current Affairs threads, and now I feel like I need a wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Antares35 wrote: »

Candie wrote: »
    I was in a parent group and the judgyness was horrifying. I left it only yesterday after mentioning I felt like giving up feeding because my little guy was trying out his new teeth on me and I was accused of selfishly deciding to permanently damage his health, intelligence and security, all with an undertone of how bad a parent I obviously was compared to them. I wasn't even serious, just sore! I can imagine the impact that sort of pile on would have on someone feeling a bit vulnerable, it's just a horrible way to behave and I don't want any part of it.

You get through the day and if the baby is happy then you're winning. The only opinions that matter is the babys and yours. :) Congratulations, btw!

You do what you need to do to keep the show going and as long as your child is ok at the end of the day you have done a good job. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again fatfingeritis. I can't bloody type on a phone anymore grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for harpsichord

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for harpsichord

Why, do you prefer a fortepiano?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I've said it before and I'll say it again fatfingeritis. I can't bloody type on a phone anymore grrrrrrr

It's awful hitting the wrong letters or whatever, I miss my old button Nokia :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement