Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Do you first send the payment then add reference? When I hit send, I am getting this screen, no place to put reference.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=518859&d=1593873730

On recollection I think I added it as I added the beneficiary. It's been a while and I've since moved from coinbase

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

On recollection I think I added it as I added the beneficiary. It's been a while and I've since moved from coinbase

Thanks. Any other bitcoin provider where its easier to use Revolut? :)

Thanks. Any other bitcoin provider where its easier to use Revolut? :)

I've moved to Crypto.com. Card top up to Crypto.com using Revolut does not work but I sepa transfer my Revolut vault every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Do you first send the payment then add reference? When I hit send, I am getting this screen, no place to put reference.

You include the reference when you are adding Coinbase as a Payee/Beneficiary, not when your making the payment.

Go back to your Payee/Beneficiary Tab and edit your Coinbase entry to include the reference. Make sure to double check the reference before adding it.

You include the reference when you are adding Coinbase as a Payee/Beneficiary, not when your making the payment.

Go back to your Payee/Beneficiary Tab and edit your Coinbase entry to include the reference. Make sure to double check the reference before adding it.

I dont see any reference field when adding /editing a payee. These are the fields I get:

Country
    Currency
    IBAN
    Company Name or First Name / Last Name
    Email

• Advertisement

Just go with crypto.com, it's better, less fees and you can earn interest, up to 20% depending on how much you stake. I'm currently getting 16% on CRO locking it away for 3 months with no stake. Here's my referral

Use my referral link https://platinum.crypto.com/r/kubfxnh2ax to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $50 USD :)

Signed up but its saying they will notify in 2-3 business day. Does it take that long?

Signed up but its saying they will notify in 2-3 business day. Does it take that long?

No, I had mine next day although in your case it is now the weekend which could make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I dont see any reference field when adding /editing a payee. These are the fields I get:

Country
    Currency
    IBAN
    Company Name or First Name / Last Name
    Email

Contact Customer Care from the App. It's a while since I set one up so the fields might have changed with the new app updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Was just on the bin list website checking what my cards are coded for, very helpful actually because the cards I have only say Visa or MasterCard, they don't say anything else

So my physical visa card is Debit - prepaid

My virtual card is MasterCard Debit - prepaid

My disposable card is Visa Debit - not prepaid

I think I'd rather my other cards to be not prepaid but if I go asking for that they will probably charge me for them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭wandererz

Decided to cancel metal, save the €13.99/month for the moment.
    Not travelling anywhere soon, don't need the travel & insurance perks any longer.

Work won't require me to travel probably until next year.
    Foreign holidays cancelled this year. Maybe July/August 2021.

Tried the concierge service once (to get a helicopter to Slane castle for a gig) but they were useless. No response.
    I guess the answer or booking option just wasn't available on Google.

Cancel, get to keep the flash metal card for day to day payments, relinquish the (unused) benefits and look at rejoining at a later date.
    Unnoticed to me, the monthly fee had gone up from €11.99 in Nov 2018 to now €13.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

wandererz wrote: »
    Decided to cancel metal, save the €13.99/month for the moment.
    Not travelling anywhere soon, don't need the travel & insurance perks any longer.

Work won't require me to travel probably until next year.
    Foreign holidays cancelled this year. Maybe July/August 2021.

Tried the concierge service once (to get a helicopter to Slane castle for a gig) but they were useless. No response.
    I guess the answer or booking option just wasn't available on Google.

Cancel, get to keep the flash metal card for day to day payments, relinquish the (unused) benefits and look at rejoining at a later date.
    Unnoticed to me, the monthly fee had gone up from €11.99 in Nov 2018 to now €13.99.

Did u ever use the Lounge pass ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And it looks like as of this morning SEPA instant is now also available for outgoing transfers once they are processed by Revolut.

There is still a significant delay between initiation in the app by the customer and the transaction than executed. But once they are executed they are done via SEPA instant if the receiving bank supports it.

And to save people time because the question comes up every time I say SEPA Instant:

No Irish bank beside Citibank and Paysafe support SEPA instant at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

The reference in your screenshot is "Sent from Revolut". I don't know about Android, but in the iPhone app you can tap on it to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭wandererz

Did u ever use the Lounge pass ??
    Not personally. But I did get it for a friend who was travelling through Dubai. She enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

And it looks like as of this morning SEPA instant is now also available for outgoing transfers once they are processed by Revolut.

There is still a significant delay between initiation in the app by the customer and the transaction than executed. But once they are executed they are done via SEPA instant if the receiving bank supports it.

And to save people time because the question comes up every time I say SEPA Instant:

No Irish bank beside Citibank and Paysafe support SEPA instant at the moment.

I do not see the 'SEPA instant outgoing transfer' working (with standard account). Is it only for metal/premium customers perhaps?

I have made a transfer since 14:30 today, it was showing as 'pending' until 4 hours later (!), and now that is completed the money still have not arrived (to an account that supports SEPA instant incoming).

Even the delay in transaction execution by Revolut currently negates any real SEPA instant transfer experience, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

inel wrote: »
    I do not see the 'SEPA instant outgoing transfer' working (with standard account). Is it only for metal/premium customers perhaps?

I have made a transfer since 14:30 today, it was showing as 'pending' until 4 hours later (!), and now that is completed the money still have not arrived (to an account that supports SEPA instant incoming).

Even the delay in transaction execution by Revolut currently negates any real SEPA instant transfer experience, unfortunately.

It is available for all customers not just premium/metal.

The transaction delay at Revolut is getting a problem, there are rumors that they review transactions manually to a large extend before they are executed. And even when they are released they are done in batches.

But once you get the mail saying it is executed than it should go instant.

However just because your bank and Revolut do SEPA instant does not mean that this the route it always takes. There can be circumstances in which instant does not work and normal process is done. Could be system issues or security issues. Or the receiving bank has not yet updated their system to allow Revolut as participate.

I personally know transfers to Transferwise, Bunq and DKB work instant.

So maybe your Bank and Revolut did not like your transaction. It will take a few days for all banks to update their systems to show Revolut as participate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Anyone still having trouble with topping up with Apple Pay. Keep saying the transaction wasn’t successful but it does top up and money is taken from my bank. It’s incredibly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Zhane wrote: »
    Anyone still having trouble with topping up with Apple Pay. Keep saying the transaction wasn’t successful but it does top up and money is taken from my bank. It’s incredibly annoying.
    Same with Google pay, always check if it says it fails and don't retry if you're not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

How can I receive payment on my revolut card? Someone tried to send me money using IBAN and BIC via Ulster Bank but the IBAN wasn't recognised? I'm new to this so baffled.

How can I receive payment on my revolut card? Someone tried to send me money using IBAN and BIC via Ulster Bank but the IBAN wasn't recognised? I'm new to this so baffled.

Do they have Revolut, if they sign up it's an instant transfer and very simple

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/help/getting-started/adding-money-to-revolut/with-bank-transfer/receiving-my-salary-and-other-bank-transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

long_b wrote: »
    Normally works very well (PTSB -> Revolut)
    Account linking doesn't work with PTSB though - I've just gotten a dirty big error each time I've tried

Same for me. I’m on iOS, but a mate of mine on Android linked his Ptsb account no problem...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

deadduck wrote: »
    Same for me. I’m on iOS, but a mate of mine on Android linked his Ptsb account no problem...

I linked mine PTSB account on iOS no problem when they launched it a few weeks ago, it worked fine for two days and then stopped updating. I then unlinked my account and I havent been able to link my account since.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I can transfer in using my Revolut-supplied IBAN from BoI, EBS and my credit union.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Darrio

Hi All, I am new to Revolut and just received my card today.

I am happy enough that you can have a few currencies in different wallets. So just say if I was on holidays in Canada and I had Canadian Dollars, Euro and Sterling in my wallets, I am aware if I use the card, they would deduct in local currency ie Canadian dollars from that wallet, I take it, this is correct ?.

With the card there were a couple of instructions, one says "We automatically convert your balance to the local currency"

What balance is that referring to ??, is it just the Canadian balance ? or all currency ?

Thanks and stay safe

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Has anyones Revolut app stopped getting updated transaction data from BOI or PTSB?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Anyone have problems with tap and pay abroad? I tried to use twice in 2 different stores and it declined, i had to enter pin? Only small amounts to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Has anyones Revolut app stopped getting updated transaction data from BOI or PTSB?

Same as Aquos76 with PTSB except I havent bothered unlinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Limpy wrote: »
    Anyone have problems with tap and pay abroad? I tried to use twice in 2 different stores and it declined, i had to enter pin? Only small amounts to.

Make sure contactless payments is switched on and location based security is off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Darrio wrote: »
    Hi All, I am new to Revolut and just received my card today.
    With the card there were a couple of instructions, one says "We automatically convert your balance to the local currency"

What balance is that referring to ??, is it just the Canadian balance ? or all currency ?

This article should help you.
    https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/help/exploring-revolut/spending/which-currency-balance-will-be-deducted-for-spending

in short if you are in Canada making a purchase and you have funds in a CAD wallet your transaction will come out of that first. If you have no CAD or not enough to cover the transaction in full the funds will be taken from your base currency (EUR?), if that doesn't have sufficient funds then the first available wallet with sufficient funds to cover the transaction in full will be used and converted on the fly.

Notice the reference to "in full": say you have wallets with 100 CAD, 50 EUR and 150 USD and you try to purchase something for 101CAD - the whole amount will end up being taken from your USD balance as there is not enough in any of the other wallets to cover it.
    If you had tried to purchase something for say 250 CAD it will fail as no balance is sufficient to cover it in one go.

Many people just leave all the funds in their home currency and let the conversion happen on the fly - this is fine in most cases but there are some benefits to keeping funds in other wallets to minimise possible fees.. eg:-
    • There is a small conversion premium applied at weekends while markets are closed, 0.5% Currently (due to rise to 1% on Aug 12th). So you might get a better conversion rate if you fill the wallet you intend spending in before the weekend.
    • Also if you are spending a lot of foreign currency (say a holiday in US or Canada), you can use the maximum free conversion allowance per month,currently €6000 per month (but due to reduce to €1000 on Aug 12th) for a few months before you travel to fill a wallet. You can win or loose with this approach as FEX rates will go up and down too. (There is a 0.5% fee once you go over the free conversion limit)

Above all applies to the Standard/Free plan. Metal and Premium have different fees.

Advertisement