Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Aquos76 wrote: »
    RE linked bank accounts looks like there are issues PTSB, mine hasn’t updated in 4 days now, think it’s time to unlink now.

Same with BOI, balance updates but transactions haven't updated since I linked on first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭testtech05

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Same with BOI, balance updates but transactions haven't updated since I linked on first day.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

So just load my Revolut card with €, and then transfer to the recipient in STG£?

Good exchange rate and it's instant?

Could it be that simple?

Bear in mind that Revolut's exchange rate is slightly worse than the normal rate at weekends, as they do this to protect themselves against weekend rate fluctuations. If you're buying a more expensive item, it's probably worth doing the exchange on the Friday afternoon and holding the payment in sterling or whatever the required currency is.

There is also a fee for conversions above 5k currently and soon to be 1k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

My PTSB linked account hasn't updated in Revolut since the 17th so the feature is completely useless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭testtech05

My PTSB linked account hasn't updated in Revolut since the 17th so the feature is completely useless

I have a BOI and UB both linked and neither have updated at all in about a week. I am hoping it improves but at the minute it is not very useful bar for a live check of the account balance!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone else having trouble with Google Pay and topping up?

Twice in a row now I have tried to add money and its told me "something went wrong try again" which I have done(with the same message popping up again) but the money has been added twice.

Pretty annoying. I will remember in future not to "try again" as instructed and check the balance first.

Pretty flimsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I said that from day one but other people were saying it was the best thing since sliced bread.

I said that from day one but other people were saying it was the best thing since sliced bread.

How can you know it's not keeping in sync on day one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

How can you know it's not keeping in sync on day one?

other apps have tried that on different things always comes back to a third party not being able to keep in sync.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It is also know that the service provider Revolut is using to implement this called TrueLayer has some issues providing a reliable service.

Revolut with this offering is not really behind It, they just integrated another 3rd party service into their app.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

RoYoBo wrote: »

Tl;dr: Be careful with pre-auth if you have two currencies in Revolut. Your payment may fail and/or you may get charged twice and have to wait for your money to revert.

Further to this problem with Revolut and pre-authorised payments in sterling - still having issues here. For the fourth time now I've had payments fail or duplicate themselves inexplicably. This will be an even bigger problem when the fx limit of 1000 comes into play.

Each time, the refund or the drop off takes 15 days - to the wire and longer in some cases. I had to get onto CS to get one of them released after 17 days last week! They will not entertain a refund any earlier than 15 days, which seems ridiculous to me for an obviously duplicated or failed order, leaving one's money tied up for a considerable time.

Example: I tried to buy a computer from Argos in NI this week (I had to pay in advance via Paypal) and the order failed twice. I then got someone else to purchase it for me but when I went to send them the money a few hours later, I discovered that both amounts from the failed orders were 'Pending' in Revolut - one from my euro wallet and one from the sterling one.

As those payments of £1000+ were (and still are) inaccessible to me, I had to lodge and buy another £500 to pay the person who bought the PC for me. If this was post August 12th with the new 1000 limit/fees, I'd be out even more.

I have been unable to get CS to explain why the usual euro to sterling function doesn't seem to be working for me anymore - I've had Revolut since almost the beginning, so I'm more than familiar with how it should work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

So neither BOI and PTSB transactions updating in the Revolut app - assume it's at the crappy Irish banks end?

Has anyone cancelled a Direct debit with Revolut?

Eir have screwed up a bill, I cant get through to anyone so want to cancel the DD.

Went into the app and cancelled the recurring transaction on the last debit they took - is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭wandererz

I noticed that Turbo Transfers are no longer available.

Apparently SEPA Instant should cover that side things, but it seems that no Irish Banks support it as yet.

I did a transfer to an AIB account at 16:02 on Friday and no deposit by Saturday afternoon.
    That's a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

silly question. how do i link my revolut and amazon.co.uk? want to pay in GBP

Just add the card as payment method in your account settings, when you buy you'll be given the choice of Euro/GBP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

In my experience Revolut doesn't work correctly with Amazon.
    The "payment on dispatch" process seems to confuse Revolut, and payments can be missed.

I buy Amazon giftcards with Revolut, and buy items with the giftcards.

The "payment on dispatch" process seems to confuse Revolut, and payments can be missed.

Never had an issue personally. I buy on amazon almost weekly using Revolut and always pay directly with Revolut and no problems. It usually takes the money straight away also and doesn’t wait for dispatch.

Amazon works every time for me and I buy lots. Make sure you have more than just the exact transaction fee in Revolut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I’ve never had issues from dozens of transactions, but Amazon does know it is a debit card / prepaid debit card, so the transaction appears on the card almost immediately after placing the order, not when it dispatches. Sometimes the transaction is not claimed in time (if dispatch is really slow eg out of stock) in that case a new ‘delayed transaction’ appears when the order dispatches.

Cancellations are usually okay also, refunded transaction appears within a day usually.

Has anyone cancelled a Direct debit with Revolut?

Eir have screwed up a bill, I cant get through to anyone so want to cancel the DD.

Went into the app and cancelled the recurring transaction on the last debit they took - is that it?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Anyone?

Can't comment on the Revolut side of things but in my experience cancelling an Eir DD, even if its cause they've added a random €200 to the bill, will result in them adding a failed direct debit charge which is a pain to get cancelled. For an easy life, if it's not too much, I'd nearly leave it and they'll treat the excess as credit.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Can't comment on the Revolut side of things but in my experience cancelling an Eir DD, even if its cause they've added a random €200 to the bill, will result in them adding a failed direct debit charge which is a pain to get cancelled. For an easy life, if it's not too much, I'd nearly leave it and they'll treat the excess as credit.

It's about €200 added for a service they couldn't provide aftee turning up to try and install so am not actually a customer of theirs. Will try again tomorrow to speak with someone but as I'm not a customer....

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

If you don't have a lot of other bills coming out you can just cancel the card and get a new one. That's what I did, bought an order online only to later see absolutely terrible reviews and saying that requests for a refund were never ever met.

Shur you can add the card to Google pay straight away and the physical card will arrive within two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Has anyone had any issues with withdrawing from an atm in an applegreen with a Revolut card? I tried yesterday and the machine said first that there was a €2.95 fee and then said the card wasn't supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Darrio

Just opened up a revolut account, downloaded the App of course.

Just to try it, I just put €15 in the account. I changed €10 into CAD$15.37, so now have €5 and CAD$15.37 sitting in my account. The question is, when I get a Revolut card and lets say I was in Canada and purchased something for CAD$10, does the card automatically deduct this from my Canadian balance ?

Sorry, it is probably a silly question but just new to this.

Stay Safe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭wandererz

Darrio wrote: »

Just to try it, I just put €15 in the account. I changed €10 into CAD$15.37, so now have €5 and CAD$15.37 sitting in my account. The question is, when I get a Revolut card and lets say I was in Canada and purchased something for CAD$10, does the card automatically deduct this from my Canadian balance ?

Stay Safe

Yes, that's correct.
    When that is finished or exceeded it will take from your main Euro account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Darrio wrote: »

Stay Safe

Automatically from your CAD balance

However if you went to purchase something that costs CAD 17, it would be declined as it can only take from one ‘source’ currency

Oh and if you bought something for €10 they’d take it from your CAD balance as you don’t have enough in € but do in CAD

Sounds more complicated than it is tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

wandererz wrote: »
    Yes, that's correct.
    When that is finished or exceeded it will take from your main Euro account.

And as I recently discovered, if your euro account is empty, your crypto account is used for payments...

Advertisement