Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

august2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Yes work posted for me. Same, I didn't claimfor my son or husband. Will contact HR today and just check they definitely have it sent off.

I am sure there is just a backlog with covid!!! My younger guy is in Montesorri this week and next week for 3 hours a day! Gosh it came at a great time as I am just soooo wrecked. I am still doing a bit of school work every morning with the older fella as it is not looking good for him going back full time September :(

I think the next sale is online this weekend. I actually got some super cute sleepsuits yesterday there online 2 for €8 free delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

My maternity leave stating 3rd August too. Sent my benefit form off last week and got a text on Monday saying it had been received. Hope there's not much of a delay processing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

I received my letter from social welfare last week saying all was good, think it took about 3-4 weeks from sending it onto them.

How is everyone for baby clothes? They are just so cute I need to stop buying them!! I didn’t buy anything new 0-1 month. I think I have loads!

I bought 11 new 0-3 months sleepsuits....adorable.

My plan is to just have the baby in sleepsuits......day and night ;)

Has anyone picked any names yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Millem wrote: »
    How is everyone for baby clothes? They are just so cute I need to stop buying them!! I didn’t buy anything new 0-1 month. I think I have loads!

I bought 11 new 0-3 months sleepsuits....adorable.

My plan is to just have the baby in sleepsuits......day and night ;)

Has anyone picked any names yet?

I'm all set for neutral sleepsuits and like u will havenl baby in them day and night for theforst few weeks. They aaremuch easier for changing andmuch more comfortable for baby. Don't know if we are having a boy or girl.

No boys names picked... girls name picked from last pregnancy. Boy names inspiration welcome!

• Advertisement

I'm all set for neutral sleepsuits and like u will havenl baby in them day and night for theforst few weeks. They aaremuch easier for changing andmuch more comfortable for baby. Don't know if we are having a boy or girl.

No boys names picked... girls name picked from last pregnancy. Boy names inspiration welcome!

Ah that will be a fab surprise for you :)
    We are struggling with girl names! Both myself and my husband have really popular names the year we were born!

There were 9 boys in his year at school with the same name!! In my class in primary school there were 4 girls with my name!
    So basically we don’t want to pick super popular names!

I am always going onto the website and putting in names up see popularity ;)

Ah that will be a fab surprise for you :)
    We are struggling with girl names! Both myself and my husband have really popular names the year we were born!

There were 9 boys in his year at school with the same name!! In my class in primary school there were 4 girls with my name!
    So basically we don’t want to pick super popular names!

I am always going onto the website and putting in names up see popularity ;)

I love old fashioned names so I look up the CSO names list from years back and go through them. Bit of a guilty pleasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Ladies does anybody have any experience with steriod injections. I will be having section at 37 weeks and was told today I will need injection prior to section just wondering if people knew how many or how many at what stages thanks

rosiem wrote: »
    Ladies does anybody have any experience with steriod injections. I will be having section at 37 weeks and was told today I will need injection prior to section just wondering if people knew how many or how many at what stages thanks

No idea Rosie. A friend of mine had them earlier this year as there was a risk of her going in to spontaneous labour and they were concerned that baby might be delivered early (ended up having herat 36 weeks). Not really the same as your situation but I'll ask her when I'm talking to her if you want.

Hope you're feeling ok.

I love old fashioned names so I look up the CSO names list from years back and go through them. Bit of a guilty pleasure!

My youngest has an old fashioned name! I think there were only 4 boys with his name the year he was born. It can be spelt 2 ways and loads of people spell his name wrong! Including my mother!!
    We have 2 names shortlisted for a girl!!
    Well really 1 tbh.
    LOVE the name Marnie but it doesn’t suit our surname! Plus my husband doesn’t like it! He is so so so fussy!!!

• Advertisement

No idea Rosie. A friend of mine had them earlier this year as there was a risk of her going in to spontaneous labour and they were concerned that baby might be delivered early (ended up having herat 36 weeks). Not really the same as your situation but I'll ask her when I'm talking to her if you want.

Hope you're feeling ok.

Thank you so much would appreciate that. I completely blanked today in my appointment only thought of my questions driving home.

I am feeling good thanks just anxiety is my main issue at this stage just want to be holding a healthy bundle in a few weeks.

Thank you so much would appreciate that. I completely blanked today in my appointment only thought of my questions driving home.

I am feeling good thanks just anxiety is my main issue at this stage just want to be holding a healthy bundle in a few weeks.

No experience of injections Rosie but don’t worry the baby is well cooked at 37 weeks!!
    I am sure the injections are just a precaution. My youngest son was born just before 37 weeks. I didn’t have any injections etc it was all very quick.
    I am hoping to get to 38/39 weeks this time but sure who knows.....babies have their own ideas! Just taking it week by week. My consultant thinks I will deliver early.

The great thing is now you get the maternity leave back it was changed a few months after I had my son.

It won’t be long now for you :)

Girls got my maternity benefit letter today! All good 24th August-20th February apparently.
    So is Sunday 21st Feb the start of unpaid maternity leave or does unpaid start on 22nd February?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Girls got my maternity benefit letter today! All good 24th August-20th February apparently.
    So is Sunday 21st Feb the start of unpaid maternity leave or does unpaid start on 22nd February?

I just popped the details into the INTO calendar for you and it shows as Monday 22nd being your first day of unpaid leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Has anyone heard of visitor restrictions being eased in the Coombe seeing as the Rotunda and Holles Street announced they were easing restrictions for partners earlier this week? Due in the next 2 weeks would be great if my partner could visit even if only for an hour or two.

jellybear wrote: »
    I just popped the details into the INTO calendar for you and it shows as Monday 22nd being your first day of unpaid leave.

Ah nice one thanks.....I will get paid for Sunday :)

No experience of injections Rosie but don’t worry the baby is well cooked at 37 weeks!!
    I am sure the injections are just a precaution. My youngest son was born just before 37 weeks. I didn’t have any injections etc it was all very quick.
    I am hoping to get to 38/39 weeks this time but sure who knows.....babies have their own ideas! Just taking it week by week. My consultant thinks I will deliver early.

The great thing is now you get the maternity leave back it was changed a few months after I had my son.

It won’t be long now for you :)

Thanks Milliem I am sure all will be fine I just get waves of panic am sure it’s just hormones making me more anxious I am normally fairy relaxed.

Fingers crossed you can get to 38/39 weeks.

Thanks Milliem I am sure all will be fine I just get waves of panic am sure it’s just hormones making me more anxious I am normally fairy relaxed.

Fingers crossed you can get to 38/39 weeks.

Hi Rosie I asked my friend. She had one course of steroids (2 injections 24 hours apart) she thought she had them around between 29 and 31 weeks but couldn't remember. There was talk of her possibly doing a second course but they decided not to for a finish. Not sure that helps you, but that was her experience anyway.

Girls is anyone else getting braxton hicks. I am getting them every day now this week.
    Sometimes they take me by surprise and take my breadth away!!! They are defo not real contractions as they aren’t sore!
    I have an appointment on Friday with my consultant thankfully. :)
    I mentioned them the last time to him
    and he said it’s nothing to worry about.

Girls is anyone else getting braxton hicks. I am getting them every day now this week.
    Sometimes they take me by surprise and take my breadth away!!! They are defo not real contractions as they aren’t sore!
    I have an appointment on Friday with my consultant thankfully. :)
    I mentioned them the last time to him
    and he said it’s nothing to worry about.

I don’t know exactly what they feel like millem but I am getting lower abdominal cramping everyday ...... like as if my period is about to start...are they BH pains? Been getting them for bout two weeks now and getting more frequent for sure. Mentioned it to consultant and he said it was normal but didn’t mention BH to me. Also getting good bit of round ligament pain these days

• Advertisement

ahaaha wrote: »
    I don’t know exactly what they feel like millem but I am getting lower abdominal cramping everyday ...... like as if my period is about to start...are they BH pains? Been getting them for bout two weeks now and getting more frequent for sure. Mentioned it to consultant and he said it was normal but didn’t mention BH to me. Also getting good bit of round ligament pain these days

Mine are at top of my bump....they feel like a tightening sensation. Not sore but you are aware of it. Had loads today.

If I walk loads etc I get a stitch like pain under my bump.

Basically not feeling great in general with nausea/tiredness/vomiting. I just want to lie in my bed by myself without kids jumping on me etc!
    Feel like a big moaner!

Mine are at top of my bump....they feel like a tightening sensation. Not sore but you are aware of it. Had loads today.

If I walk loads etc I get a stitch like pain under my bump.

Basically not feeling great in general with nausea/tiredness/vomiting. I just want to lie in my bed by myself without kids jumping on me etc!
    Feel like a big moaner!

It must be so tough to be going through that while trying to entertain your kids-you have my sympathy!! I can only imagine how hard it is! Try take it easy, stay hydrated and feel free to moan.....this is the hardest part for sure!

ahaaha wrote: »
    It must be so tough to be going through that while trying to entertain your kids-you have my sympathy!! I can only imagine how hard it is! Try take it easy, stay hydrated and feel free to moan.....this is the hardest part for sure!

Thanks ahaha. This is the last baby 100%. It’s pure endurance at this stage!!
    My husband went to the pub last night. All this movement is starting to freak me out! I started worrying what would I do if I went into labour. I am only 33 weeks. The pub didn’t enforce the time limit!
    Thankfully the baby is still there!!! Washing the baby clothes today
    ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Braxton Hicks started very early on my third Millem, I gather it's a very normal thing.Around 27 weeks I think.Really hard bump, and a feeling like the bottom of my lungs were being squeezed - discomfort more than actual pain.

shesty wrote: »
    Braxton Hicks started very early on my third Millem, I gather it's a very normal thing.Around 27 weeks I think.Really hard bump, and a feeling like the bottom of my lungs were being squeezed - discomfort more than actual pain.

Oh stop I had them literally all day yesterday and Saturday. Sometimes every 2 minutes.
    Before my second son was born I had them the week before he came!
    Today seems to be fine I don’t have many. Just nausea and vomiting :(
    Anyway it has scared me enough to wash all the baby clothes!!!

Hi Rosie I asked my friend. She had one course of steroids (2 injections 24 hours apart) she thought she had them around between 29 and 31 weeks but couldn't remember. There was talk of her possibly doing a second course but they decided not to for a finish. Not sure that helps you, but that was her experience anyway.

Thank you so much for checking and getting back to me am trying to put all the info together so it all helps :)

Thank you so much for checking and getting back to me am trying to put all the info together so it all helps :)

No bother. How are u feeling these days?

::::TOO MUCH INFORMATION ALERT::::
    Anyone else suffering from constipation and haemorrhoids? I'm low on Iron so am on Galfer, I reduced it to every second day (on my GPs advice) to ease constipation only to get a phone call from hospital today saying my iron levels from blood test last week showed my iron had only risen from 10.6 to 10.7 so I've to go back to taking it daily.... I realise this isn't end of the world stuff but God I feel sorry for myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Anyone else suffering from constipation and haemorrhoids? I'm low on Iron so am on Galfer, I reduced it to every second day (on my GPs advice) to ease constipation only to get a phone call from hospital today saying my iron levels from blood test last week showed my iron had only risen from 10.6 to 10.7 so I've to go back to taking it daily.... I realise this isn't end of the world stuff but God I feel sorry for myself...

I'm on 3 galfer a day, I have very low iron and always have. I got a big bag of bran in Holland and Barrett and I add about 2 tablespoons to my breakfast everyday or stir some into a yoghurt. No problems going to the bathroom at all. Highly recommend the bran if you can take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Hopping on from sept thread. I can’t take Galfer due to similar poop and haemorrhoid issues. I’m anaemic during all pregnancies. I started taking active iron and no constipation at all with it. Now, it’s expensive, but I felt so shocking with low iron (literally stuck to the couch all day with two other kids to look after). I noticed a difference after just a few days tbh. Sorry if I sound like an ad 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Definitely look at other ways of taking it, galfer is the medicine they seem to hand out first, but always constipated me also. Maybe Floradix? I’ve seen that recommended too. The pharmacist will help you. I always took lactulose to keep things going, especially for the first couple of weeks after baby too.

Advertisement