Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stargirl WB DC [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Has this show got a place and time for this side of the Pond yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

fritzelly wrote: »
    Agreed - plodding along a bit slowly for a new show

And the outfit needs some updating - looks less like a superhero outfit and more like a cheerleader (these days)

(be great if Green Lantern comes into it)

That's how Stargirl has always looked like. In relation to Green Lantern, it was only meant to be an Easter Egg . Also there will be a Green Lantern show coming to HBO Max and DC don't have the same characters in different shows or movies at the same time. Case in point, Deadshot and any mention of the Suicide Squad was killed off or removed from Arrow when the film came out.

Edit. Looks like I was wrong thinking it was an Easter Egg
    https://tvline.com/2020/06/13/dcs-stargirl-season-1-green-lantern/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah DC don't like to confuse their fans, as can be seen with their Batwoman excuse. Though it's okay to have 2 Flashes and 2 Supermen.
    It doesn't even have to be the same character since none of the JSA GL related characters were in the corps. Not forgetting it's been established they're different universes

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah DC don't like to confuse their fans, as can be seen with their Batwoman excuse. Though it's okay to have 2 Flashes and 2 Supermen.
    It doesn't even have to be the same character since none of the JSA GL related characters were in the corps. Not forgetting it's been established they're different universes

Exactly, they could use Alan Scott or even introduce his kids, Jade and Obsidian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

fritzelly wrote: »
    Agreed - plodding along a bit slowly for a new show

And the outfit needs some updating - looks less like a superhero outfit and more like a cheerleader (these days)

(be great if Green Lantern comes into it)

Don't most super heroine's outfits look like that? Or are tight fitting.

• Advertisement

The costume is pretty loyal to the comics. Though think newer versions have her covered from the neck down.
    Alan Scott was the original Lantern in this so wouldn't be him.
    I was reading that Alex Ross didn't get any credit or anything for the use of his art in this

The costume is pretty loyal to the comics. Though think newer versions have her covered from the neck down.
    Alan Scott was the original Lantern in this so wouldn't be him.
    I was reading that Alex Ross didn't get any credit or anything for the use of his art in this

Yeah remember hearing about the Alex Ross stuff. It was related to the banners for each member of the JSA. I didn't think they would show Alan but his kids make more sense

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/status/1270058609817325570?s=19

Those pictures pretty much show as well that no one has been cast in the role of Flash, Fate or Lantern. Hourman looks to be the only one there that isn't painted.

Actually looking again, it's hard to tell with Fate. I guess they just need the costume now and sorry about who's under it later

When this episode started I was just thinking "MORTAL KOMBAT!"

So are all the costumes autofitting like Wildcat? I'm sure the previous Dr. Midnite was taller than 5 foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

6: That was fun. Team building episode for both sides from what I could tell.

I wonder
    did that guy just hack into the JSA servers and the kids don't realise.
    I'm sure the previous Dr. Midnite was taller than 5 foot.

That costume did not look like it was fit right.

• Advertisement

Latest episode.
    So did Cindy hear Pat shouting Stargirl's identity? Courtney obviously knows Cindy's so now that's a link they can work with.

And speaking of identity, janitor revealed?

Latest episode.
    So did Cindy hear Pat shouting Stargirl's identity? Courtney obviously knows Cindy's so now that's a link they can work with.

And speaking of identity, janitor revealed?

In relation to your last point, he's
    Sir Justin aka The Shining Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

are we going to have clark kent glasses situation here, does she not recognise the the petite girl with curly blond hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’m getting a very big Buffy the Vampire Slayer feel about this series. That’s actually a good thing. But I would like the irrational teenage emotions to calm down. Seems like it’s driving every stupid decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

7: Nah! No way
    is she dead! Just knocked unconscious. Definitely the identity plot is gonna twist here. Why would either keep it quiet!
    In relation to your last point, he's
    Sir Justin aka The Shining Knight

I don't know who that is but he knows Stripsey! Definitely been curious about him since earlier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Football player named Artemis in this episode wonder was that a Young Justice Easter Egg.

The ISA ensemble is extremely well done great villans very good show so far even if a little too tame still enjoying it so far.

Football player named Artemis in this episode wonder was that a Young Justice Easter Egg.

The ISA ensemble is extremely well done great villans very good show so far even if a little too tame still enjoying it so far.

Yeah it's kind of an Easter egg. In Young Justice, SportsMaster was her father and her mother used to be a Merc called Huntress unlike here where she is Tigress but her father is still SportsMaster in Stargirl. Cheshire was also her sister in Young Justice but no word of her here

I thought the janitor might have been Starman but once I heard the chivalry Shining Knight was my guess too

Has the pink pen resurfaced yet.

Think last we saw the pink pen was when Pat took the stuff from Courtney's room

Has been renewed for a second season by TheCW meaning it will air exclusively on the network next season instead of DC Universe
    https://tvline.com/2020/07/06/dcs-stargirl-renewed-season-2-the-cw-only/

• Advertisement

Hope it stays separate from the Arrowverse related shows

Doubt it, give it a year or two and they will somehow be part of a crossover event (even though Stargirl is set on a different Earth). One thing to worry is that there probably will be a dip in production quality next season as they will more thank likely have a lower budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,905 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hasn't a Supergirl crossover been talked about?

Yeah, production quality is the big worry. I wouldn't expect to see STRIPE too often.

As for the latest episode
    If only Yolanda had replied within 1 second as she was expected to do.
    Though you'd think someone would've replied to let her know they were okay considering the last thing they said was they were at Cindy's house.

And Bobbi looking to live out her plumber fantasy.

Yeah, production quality is the big worry. I wouldn't expect to see STRIPE too often.

As for the latest episode
    If only Yolanda had replied within 1 second as she was expected to do.
    Though you'd think someone would've replied to let her know they were okay considering the last thing they said was they were at Cindy's house.

And Bobbi looking to live out her plumber fantasy.

The part with
    Cindi saying she knows she's Stargirl was brilliant. Also another rookie mistake by Courtney when she realized that Henry was a telepath and kept on thinking about the JSA

I guess it's like being told not to think about penguins.
    But it was very nice of Cindi and Courtney to take turns in thinking so Henry could hear them clearly

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Has been renewed for a second season by TheCW meaning it will air exclusively on the network next season instead of DC Universe
    https://tvline.com/2020/07/06/dcs-stargirl-renewed-season-2-the-cw-only/

Is that a first? A show commissioned by a streaming service moving to a traditional linear channel, a terrestrial one to boot?

icdg wrote: »
    Is that a first? A show commissioned by a streaming service moving to a traditional linear channel, a terrestrial one to boot?
    Well TheCW is a cable network first of all, so wouldn't be in the same league as Fox , NBC and ABC. Secondly I think there was a Netflix show that was cancelled and then picked up by a cable channel.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It is a terrestrial network. (Admittedly this is the US, so the line is somewhat blurred, in that most people watch most broadcast TV via cable anyway). Not in the same league as NBC/ABC/CBS that is true but it has a similar number of affliates to Fox.

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    It is a terrestrial network. (Admittedly this is the US, so the line is somewhat blurred, in that most people watch most broadcast TV via cable anyway). Not in the same league as NBC/ABC/CBS that is true but it has a similar number of affliates to Fox.

Yeah just looked up the amount of affiliate they have, that's alot. Misunderstood when you called it a terrestrial network thinking you were stating it was like the big networks. Oh the show that was cancelled by Netflix and picked up by a network was Ond Day at a Time which was picked up by Pop TV

Advertisement