Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EV dreamers (opposite of bargains)

Options
  • 16-04-2020 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭

Here's an idea for a thread, lets see if it takes off. Theres an equivalent in the main motors forum for ICE cars.

Dreamers.

Overpriced EV for sale currently. I'll start with this:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-soul-electric-high-spec-low-mileage-here-a/22866095

The old model Kia Soul, with similar range and battery (and chademo) to the leaf 30. For sale for €30k, when the new model on 201 plates is similar priced with much better everything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

every model s from an irish dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

copeyhagen wrote: »
    every model s from an irish dealer.
    Yes I think this thread would be filled with teslas in Ireland very quickly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Almost €40k for a medium range second hand Nissan Leaf from last year? Even if it was brand new, that would be thousands and thousands too much. Decent car and all if you don't need much fast charging, but for that money you could have a long range much more modern brand new car like a Kia eNiro. Or for a few grand more you'd have a brand new Tesla Model 3.

Linky

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That link is to a new 62kw Leaf

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

It is but it's too expensive still. You could bring in a 2019 M3 SR+ for that 40k

• Advertisement

It says 2019 in the ad. But yeah, it looks like that's a mistake and they mean a new car. Not bad for about €32k-33k, but for nearly EUR40k it's insane money.

No wonder this Leaf without a battery :eek: with an asking price of EUR2,600 is not selling. Worth no more than a grand in my book. Maybe a bit more for someone looking for a specific expensive part they can't get elsewhere who doesn't mind further parting the car out. Unmarried fellas only need apply :pac:

Linky

Then the also not selling Renault Fluence ZE for EUR3,600

Linky

I like these cars. I have a weakness for them. Maybe because they remind me of the idealistic but flawed and thus failed plans from better place. With the claimed EUR49 a month battery lease (is it even that low?), I wouldn't even pay a grand for it. Without lease it would be worth close to the asking price alright. Ideal second family car for someone who only needs a very short range (no more than 50-60km in winter) and would never need to fast charge...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

unkel wrote: »
    It says 2019 in the ad. But yeah, it looks like that's a mistake and they mean a new car. Not bad for about €32k-33k, but for nearly EUR40k it's insane money.

No wonder this Leaf without a battery :eek: with an asking price of EUR2,600 is not selling. Worth no more than a grand in my book. Maybe a bit more for someone looking for a specific expensive part they can't get elsewhere who doesn't mind further parting the car out. Unmarried fellas only need apply :pac:

Linky

Then the also not selling Renault Fluence ZE for EUR3,600

Linky

I like these cars. I have a weakness for them. Maybe because they remind me of the idealistic but flawed and thus failed plans from better place. With the claimed EUR49 a month battery lease (is it even that low?), I wouldn't even pay a grand for it. Without lease it would be worth close to the asking price alright. Ideal second family car for someone who only needs a very short range (no more than 50-60km in winter) and would never need to fast charge...

That leaf could be interesting to get to that battery crowd in the Netherlands. Great basic platform of a car (albeit that year wouldn't have a heat pump)

Dardania wrote: »
    That leaf could be interesting to get to that battery crowd in the Netherlands

Get the car over there and pay at least €5k for the install of a battery? That will then have no warranty? I don't think so. Much better idea to just get a Leaf with a battery here. €7k for a 2015 Leaf with the newer battery chemistry as posted by myself in the bargains thread.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

2019 Ioniq for a shade under €31k. Dream on Kearys. UK reg, but without any of the benefits (actually i'd value it cheaper given it's stuck in miles rather than kilometers)
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-premium-fully-sanitized/24437065

Fully sanitized. Big whoop. :rolleyes:

Also, any car Mooney Deansgrange are selling

• Advertisement

This 2017 Ioniq. 100k km on it, and looking for €23k!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2017-hyundai-other-hyundai/24109913

Kearys seem be dreaming all over the shop. Who in their right mind would pay over €16k for an out of manufacturer's warranty 2016 low spec Leaf when for just a few grand more you can have a high spec 2017 Ioniq with 2 years bumper to bumper warranty left?

Linky

Kearys seem be dreaming all over the shop. Who in their right mind would pay over €16k for an out of manufacturer's warranty 2016 low spec Leaf when for just a few grand more you can have a high spec 2017 Ioniq with 2 years bumper to bumper warranty left?

Linky

Not even sanitized! :pac:

€20,440 for an old Model Leaf that's now out of manufacturer's warranty. LOL!

Linky

"THIS CAR WILL GIVE YOU THE CHEAPEST MOTORING POSSIBLE!"

Not with that price it won't :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

2019 Ioniq for a shade under €31k. Dream on Kearys. UK reg, but without any of the benefits (actually i'd value it cheaper given it's stuck in miles rather than kilometers)
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-premium-fully-sanitized/24437065

Fully sanitized. Big whoop. :rolleyes:

There's now a '19 Ioniq on there available for over €6k less :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Would screenshots be better? (hosted on a 3rd party site maybe if its clogging boards otherwise) . Gets very frustrating in threads full of links where 99% of them just lead to the "sorry, this car is sold/removed/etc"

Kramer wrote: »
    There's now a '19 Ioniq on there available for over €6k less :eek:.

Ah, yours (your missus') I see!

That's a reasonable asking price for a 2019 car. You can of course buy a 2017 for another 5k less, but that's not a huge saving for a car 2 years older. Black is a nice colour on them in the flesh and the wrap and tint make it even better

The next owner is going to get a lot of EV for their money. Ioniq EV (28kWh) is an excellent car

What is she getting next?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Ah, yours (your missus') I see!

Yep :).
    What is she getting next?

DYMEkgr.jpg

Diesel Duster :D.

We're not sure for now, few things happening at present......I'd say she'd nearly take your Model S though if you'd take a monkey profit for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Round Cable

ELM327 wrote: »

Yes, that cold pack is really worth €7k, they are dreaming alright.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/tesla-model-x-3-0-litre-electric/24414775

2018 100D model x for more money than a new raven equivalent

Sure he was looking for EUR120k for that car a few months ago. Wonder why it hasn't sold :p

Ah yes, the rare 3.0 litre model X.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Pekarirska

€20,440 for an old Model Leaf that's now out of manufacturer's warranty. LOL!

Linky

"THIS CAR WILL GIVE YOU THE CHEAPEST MOTORING POSSIBLE!"

Not with that price it won't :rolleyes:

171WH1890

€8k sales markup. Well done Mullingar Nissan :(

519029.png

They've taken EUR500 off the asking price. They're gonna have to do the same many more times before anyone buys it :p

I mean, you'll always lose on a trade in and there's always a mark up. But 8k is too much!

And how about a EUR42,400 Leaf - that's almost Tesla money :p

Linky

And how about a EUR42,400 Leaf - that's almost Tesla money :p

Linky

If that was delivered to my front door by Amanda Seyfried and Laura Prepon engaged in a romantic and scantily clad embrace, I'd still prefer a Tesla at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

ELM327 wrote: »
    If that was delivered to my front door by Amanda Seyfried and Laura Prepon engaged in a romantic and scantily clad embrace, I'd still prefer a Tesla at that price.

Oddly specific - have you put much thought into this?!

• Advertisement

Dardania wrote: »
    Oddly specific - have you put much thought into this?!
    Yes, yes I have.
    Lockdown does strange things. As does binge watching that 70s show on netflix.

Advertisement