Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 season start - Austria

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

I am a paid up F1TV subscriber and it didn't work - anyone in the same boat? They are probably working from home but if the service isn't delivered there should be compensation. Sounded like a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

So happy for Lando but gutted for Alex. Exact same as Brazil ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭quokula

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Great race from Leclerc in fairness.

He was very lucky that Perez took evasive action, that overtake could have been a collision and it would have been 100% Leclerc's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Who said anything about illegal?

It’s rare that a legal one would go down. I’m going to call it an educated guess.

If evidence of the paid for stream is posted I’ll retract my post. I have a feeling I won’t have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Faugheen wrote: »
    The poster called him ‘black Jesus’ earlier. Of course the post was reported and no action taken as they’re still here.

Mods are just as culpable for allowing it.
    Yeah, called him out on that post too. I reported it. Hopefully its gets sorted earlier.

Anyway, fantastic final few laps. Congrats to Lando, what a final lap. Penalty should stand and he deserved his podium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The last few laps after the last Safety Car were crazy.

Nice to see Lando up there. 2020 and 2021 might be write offs, but there's hopefully a lot to look forward to in F1 when the new rules come into fruition in 2022 and we've got these young guys coming into their peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Albon needs to learn from that, regardless of who deems who at fault.
    He had plenty of car under him, he was going to pass Hamilton and who knows what he might have come away with today with a little bit of patience.
    Just because you get your nose in front doesn't mean you are going to get it around the corner - he can ask his teammate all about that.

Delighted for Lando.

Lewis will keep the penaltknee.

It’s rare that a legal one would go down. I’m going to call it an educated guess.

If evidence of the paid for stream is posted I’ll retract my post. I have a feeling I won’t have to.

The paid stream didn't work for me.

The paid stream didn't work for me.

Suuure.

• Advertisement

Albon needs to learn from that, regardless of who deems who at fault.
    He had plenty of car under him, he was going to pass Hamilton and who knows what he might have come away with today with a little bit of patience.
    Just because you get your nose in front doesn't mean you are going to get it around the corner - he can ask his teammate all about that.

Delighted for Lando.

Lewis will keep the penaltknee.

His nose and most of the rest of his car was well in front. Any reasonable, clean driver would have known not to do what Lewis did, but he's used to the FIA giving him an easy ride so it's no surprise he chose to punt him off. Albon not to blame in the slightest.

What a cool trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Well that was a great race all things considered, sadly it seems like it will be a Merc procession to both titles, just a case of which driver wins!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Suuure.

Didnt work for me either why doubt the guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Can’t believe Ferrari, what a ****show for Vettel

Vettel put himself there. Le Clerc got a result in a Ferrari that may be off the pace but proved to be more reliable than others.

Roll on next week. Can’t wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Very happy for Lando on the podium

Wikipedia says fastest lap for Bottas? Thought Norris got it.

Why do they have the podium all social-distanced out, then they huddle together for a photo afterwards? Seems a bit self defeating. They may as well have used the real podium.

• Advertisement

Horrible trophy :L

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jaapbond

Wonder how long it will take the British public and media to switch their preference from Lewis to Lando ? He seems a lot more likeable ...

jaapbond wrote: »
    Wonder how long it will take the British public and media to switch their preference from Lewis to Lando ? He seems a lot more likeable ...

Careful now.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Mod edit. If you have a problem with the moderation in here report it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

jaapbond wrote: »

I watched a lot of his simracing streams during the lockdown and he seems a genuinely nice guy, delighted for him today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Delighted with that podium and thrilled for McLaren who have had a horrid time in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

quokula wrote: »
    Why do they have the podium all social-distanced out, then they huddle together for a photo afterwards? Seems a bit self defeating. They may as well have used the real podium.

Each team has pods of people who can mix only within their pods. They've masks on too which have to be worn if they can't social distance. Masks must be worn anyway when in the race facilities.

The risk is low, they're all being tested every 5 days etc.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,981 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Careful now.

Seems a totally reasonable sentiment. I acknowledge Lewis is the best driver but can't stand him whinging over the radio.

Lando seems like a sound guy. Lewis is established so they won't turn against him but they could gravitate towards Lando.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Hamiltons penalty is a sham

Coulthard once said the punishment should always fit in with the consequences for the other driver. I think it was when Hamilton was punted off the track by someone who got a 10 second penalty. Will be interesting to see his opinion tonight on CH4 highlights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Faugheen wrote: »
    The post was made well before the race. You had posted about cleaning up the mess after I reported the post.

Hamilton gets more vitriol on these parts for feck all and nothing has ever been done about it. This has been going on for years. So yes, in my opinion, you are culpable because you allow everything else be said about him.

How about you don’t throw a fit at me and deal with the racist post? Some nice priorities there.

Christ sake, who'd want to be a mod with all you lot, He can't even watch the race without the little babies howling for mummy's attention.

Racial crap from both sides and demanding immediate modding for minor rubbish, I'd have you all banned from any further race threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement