Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the masses imo still feel crypto is a scam, i wonder is it just down to its naming "crypto currency", people who dont understand think its just a ponzi and thats the general impression I get from the majority i speak to

i thought when revolut started offering it, it might get some others into it, but not yet seen it yet in my circle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    the masses imo still feel crypto is a scam, i wonder is it just down to its naming "crypto currency", people who dont understand think its just a ponzi and thats the general impression I get from the majority i speak to
    For sure they do. That's what the mass media has told them from the day that they first ever heard of it. Notice how many articles there are that refers to a 'bitcoin scam'. Yet when you break it down, the only element of it being a 'bitcoin scam' is that the scoundrels behind the scam have used bitcoin as the mechanism to get paid out. You don't see articles referring to 'cash scams' even though billions more scams are worked with cash as the payment method.

New things can be scary to the herd. In the early days of the interweb, there were shock horror articles about all the negative stuff that it was enabling - such as illicit p0rn, internet scams, etc.

This is all the more reason why having it there and readily available to them makes them far more likely to use it if a need arises. Once they break their duck on it, it becomes far less scary. At that point, if an online vendor offers a discount on a crypto payment versus credit card (due to the fees the vendor has to absorb), then they may be more inclined to use it. They are also more likely to become more curious as to what advantages it offers them.
    i thought when revolut started offering it, it might get some others into it, but not yet seen it yet in my circle
    I'm sure Revolut has helped somewhat but that's just 8 million users and of course they have a watered down implementation too. CashApp is showing growth on the back of it - so there's traction to be had for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rightly or wrongly the common person trusts the PayPal name and it's obviously going to be a lot more familiar to them than anything in the crypto market currently and I think a lot of people who have heard of that bitcoin thing will be more tempted to put some money in knowing they can do it on pp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Hopefully if PP and Venmo do offer it they actually physically buy the coins and don't just go with derivatives like Robinhood and Revolut, it won't do much for the value otherwise

Arrival wrote: »
    Hopefully if PP and Venmo do offer it they actually physically buy the coins and don't just go with derivatives like Robinhood and Revolut, it won't do much for the value otherwise

That's why I always thought the Revolut offering was cringeworthy. It was better than nothing but still almost pointless. A bit like having a Ferrari with no engine in it. Hopefully PP feel the need to at least match CashApp's offering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Lend still doing well along with Link and ERD which I purchased when it dumped..

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Truckermal wrote: »
    Lend still doing well along with Link and ERD which I purchased when it dumped..

What platform you trading on for these?

Blowheads wrote: »
    What platform you trading on for these?

Binance..

LEND ran up a fair bit the other day, I had bought in at 1446 sats and sold off about 30% around 1725 sats and then waited. Everything tanked so I have just been sitting on it since and watched it all the way down to 1300'ish sats, but nice recovery now

a while ago I would have sold off panicking but I've gotten thick skin since getting into crypto and you need a strong hand

to be fair the LINK pump was coming, yesterdays announcement was all over Twitter for the last few weeks and I think BSN goes live on July 31st

Its huge news for LINK though, but feel they have bigger to come

Link still gaining nice and slow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Link still gaining nice and slow!

Slowly going up while most things are going down if everything was green I would imagine link would still be flying. Hopefully we see a few more days of this the sooner it breaks 5 the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Coinbase added compound to Coinbase earn yesterday. Seems most people are on wait list . Was anybody on here Able complete it.

For newbies Coinbase earn literally. gives free crypto for watching educational videos. No catches

https://www.coinbase.com/earn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Stacked a whopper amount of corn this morning, not sure about anyone else but I've managed to stack more in lockdown than any other time.

there is a documentary coming next week on Discovery Science and it will feature $DGRN Dragonchain. Could be some nice gains from it. Its on KuCoin exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

there is a documentary coming next week on Discovery Science and it will feature $DGRN Dragonchain. Could be some nice gains from it. Its on KuCoin exchange

Up 41%

Tango One wrote: »
    Up 41%

That was quick

FFVII wrote: »
    Compound, Maker, 0x, Balancer, Synthetix.....it's not alt season, it's DeFi season :-D

In 2017/8, we had the ICO boom/bust...maybe we're headed for a DeFi boom n bust next...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I see CRO and CEL have been booming as well, which can provide yield on centralised crypto lending platforms.

Yes, basically finance on the blockchain is on fire.

The rise does look over exuberant, but I do thing it is a legit and major application for cryptos/blockchain, not all of thee tokens/platforms are smoke and mirrors.

Bob24 wrote: »
    The rise does look over exuberant, but I do thing it is a legit and major application for cryptos/blockchain, not all of thee tokens/platforms are smoke and mirrors.
    Something really tangible to come out of it ultimately for sure. However, it doesn't mean that people won't get burnt through over exuberance and hacks, etc. - as these offerings are only as good as the smart contracts behind them. A bit of time needed to iron out the creases.

If they can get things bedded down where just about anything is tokenised seamlessly and safely, I won't care about the friction of getting $ in/out of crypto/blockchain any longer. It won't be coming out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

maninasia wrote: »
    Pro tip for traders

Follow the crypto upcoming news. Most crypto investors don't even know what's coming up more than one week in advance.

https://coindar.org/en/search?type=0&text=&start=2020-06-17&end=2024-06-17&tags=&hot=0&rp=0&fav=0&coins=&cap_from=0&cap_to=600000000000&vol_from=0&vol_to=300000000000&ex=&sort=0&order=0

https://coinmarketcal.com/en/

Can see a few juicy ones coming soon.

Augur V2.0
    Cardano Shelley hard fork and staking
    IOTA has some big improvements coming June and July and they are on track as I follow them

I made good returns on kyber network because I simply checked their roadmap for up to two months ahead. Some of the teams will give good hints on Twitter as well.

Cheers for the heads up, bought some Cardano on the back of this, +20% since your post

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

maninasia wrote: »
    Pro tip for traders

Follow the crypto upcoming news. Most crypto investors don't even know what's coming up more than one week in advance.

https://coindar.org/en/search?type=0&text=&start=2020-06-17&end=2024-06-17&tags=&hot=0&rp=0&fav=0&coins=&cap_from=0&cap_to=600000000000&vol_from=0&vol_to=300000000000&ex=&sort=0&order=0

https://coinmarketcal.com/en/

Can see a few juicy ones coming soon.

Augur V2.0
    Cardano Shelley hard fork and staking
    IOTA has some big improvements coming June and July and they are on track as I follow them

I made good returns on kyber network because I simply checked their roadmap for up to two months ahead. Some of the teams will give good hints on Twitter as well.

Cheers for the heads up, bought some Cardano on the back of this, +20% since your post

I think the entire month of July will be bullish for $ADA, i've got an average entry of 4c so long may it continue

I think the entire month of July will be bullish for $ADA, i've got an average entry of 4c so long may it continue

Lend doing well too along with SNX but on very few exchanges..

Is Lend still worth dipping into?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Somecrimesitry

The Cardano Virtual Summit starts today, all ADA holders out there should at least tune into the main keynotes. There will be a lot of price pumping news and roadmap updates coming out today & tomorrow.

Hell even if people have no interest in Cardano there will be lots of blockchain talks and discussions for general crypto heads. It's a free event but you do have to sign up for it:

Cardano Summit (starts in about 3 hours)
    https://www.ubivent.com/register/cardanovirtualsummit

Agenda
    https://cardanosummit.iohk.io/images/virtual-summit-agenda.pdf

Lend doing well too along with SNX but on very few exchanges..

Is Lend still worth dipping into?

I still have some LEND, avg holding of 1519 sats which I am starting to scale out of if it hits 1750. I'll hold 25% of it though as I feel it still has a bit to go

Dipped into Ada earlier, made 200 quid and sold again...:D

going to take a shot at $REP, Augur 2.0 coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Somecrimesitry

The Cardano virtual summit is both really cool and a bit weird at the same time. I think I like it???

They fully captured the summit or expo experience...I've had a few beers, eaten some garbage food and then I missed an important presentation while watching some guy doing calligraphy:)

Some tasty announcements so far are that governance is ready to ship alongside decentralisation & staking. No one expected this, Voltaire was meant to be the final piece of the current roadmap. There will be a mobile app for the community to engage in voting.

A $20m fund with Wave Financial for defi / dapps...lots of ETH devs will want in
    A separate community fund from the treasury voted on by the community
    Native assets live within 120 days
    Smart contracts live within 150 days

So far it's been pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

VILNIUS (Reuters) - Lithuania is about to issue the first central bank-produced digital coin in the euro zone, part of a project to trial state-backed digital currencies and blockchain technology in everyday use.

The sharp decline in the use of cash and the prospect of Facebook (NASDAQ:FB)'s 2.5 billion users adopting its currency Libra has led central banks to examine how they can issue their own forms of digital currency.

Twenty-four thousand digital tokens dubbed LBCOINs and based on blockchain technology will go on pre-sale next week, each with an attached portrait of one of the 20 people who signed Lithuania's declaration of independence in 1918.
    https://www.investing.com/news/technology-news/lithuania-dabbles-in-cryptocoin-as-central-banks-look-for-ways-to-fend-off-facebook-2218689

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement